Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hearthfire Tavern (Open)

Started by Catchmyfallingtears, January 13, 2014, 08:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked Basket

Cryce reached for the mug without thinking and took a sip. The moment it came in, he spit it out, which was then followed by "Damnit!" as his hands flew to his mouth. The first thing to note, is that Lorelei wasn't kidding when she said it was strong, especially if it's your first time drinking it and weren't expecting it. The second thing to note, is that Lorelei failed to warn Cryce that it was hot. However, she was right in saying that it would wake him up.

"I think I burned my damn tongue." 

Bringer of Fenrir

Hjaldi looked over to Cryce then he began to laugh out at eh poor misfortune. "Need to pay attention little brother. Could have noticed the steam if you had." Hjaldi laughed bumping Cryce's shoulder. As his fist connected Hjaldi remembered the wound on that side he had inflected as he broke through his ice barrier. Hjaldi was slightly proud of that but still felt bad. "Oh, sorry." Hjaldi quickly replied to his mistake.

Hjaldi looked over to Lorelei getting up he walked over to her. You wouldn't happen to have a back yard area for me to ... train would you?"Hjaldi asked. He did not wish to loose his skill any smidgen of a ounce. He was a warrior and a mercenary his skill was his job, his life. And hjaldi enjoyed it... Truly money was a reasonable excuse for being a mercenary, the truth was Hjaldi loved the thrill of battle and the rush that he may die if he could not kill his opponent. Running his hands over his scars on his hands again remembering them each as a badge of honor.

"Also would i be able to perhaps have an area to set up a small blacksmith's shop in he back?" Hjaldi asked again more sheepishly this time knowing that he was was asking for a more permanent placement and the metals being poison to her... but Hjaldi needed this too to keep his skills up.

Catchmyfallingtears

Lorelei held in the chuckle that threatened to escape her lips before speaking. "I'm sorry I should have warned you. I'm a little off today as well. Been up to early working." She apologized before moving to pour and drink her own cup of the hot liquid. "We do have an area in the back that I normally use as an area for extra storage before the crime rate rose." She said after a moment of thought.

"You are welcome to do with it as you please, I have not used it for a summer or two." She then set her cup down and tilted her head to the side as she noticed a shelf off to the side that was slightly leaning. She sighed and pulled on a thick pair of gloves before lifting up a a few tools an moving to push a chair under the shelf for her to climb up on. She moved quickly, her mouth a hard line as the iron in the tool caused her pain even through the gloves. The flames that danced in the hearth flared up slightly in response to her pain.

Wicked Basket

"It's fine," Cryce told her, his voice muffled by his hand still covering his mouth. "I just wasn't expecting it."

He had to admit though, that coffee stuff did succeed in waking him up.

Bringer of Fenrir

((OOC: time jump!!!!))

Hjaldi laughed to himself still in amusement of Cryce burning his tongue and the reaction to such a thing. As he chuckled the wounds tinged as the scabs stretched making a slight discomforting stretching feeling all over. Pausing he looked over to the Lorelei inclining his head. "Thanks be owed then Milady if you do not mind i will start immediately on preparations." Heading out the door Hjaldi looked back and forth then chose a direction to head. Walking down the streets he had just fought he could still see stains from his blood on the ground and what he thought may have been Cryce's blood stains though freezing the wounds made little of his blood spill. Hjaldi quickly set his mind to focus on his needs.

"Right then anvil, hammers, mortar," Hjaldi began to mumble the rest of the things he would need which was a fair sized list going from store to store. At first he did not mind the looks he would get from his size the merchants would stagger and stumble in their speech and would be too intimidated at his size and forget their train of thought.  the day was long and hard as the language was a hard one to form in his mouth and Hjaldi knew it would never be easy for him.

Finally the day went on and evening beckoned, returning to the tavern he went around straight to the back seeing pleasantly that his directions to all the merchants were the right ones, aside for the one merchant who sent the anvil to the house on the other side of the street but Hjaldi had acquired it with enough ease that he was not bothered. Hjaldi began to work at the forge taking the bricks and mortar forming it's base pouring sand into the mix and into the center of the forge then burning it to firm it. Next he placed his anvil which was the biggest they had but was still small for Hjaldi... He had actually ordered a custom anvil to be forged that he would get when it was complete.

After all was done several weeks had actually passed, Him and Cryce had done missions and taken bounties and were getting quite the reputation for those who were looking for help. Least so it seemed for Hjaldi he would be getting requests to the point were Hjaldi had to put up his own board at his forge, where the people would come put requests. Hjaldi was pleased with this set up and Lorelei was never too far For Hjaldi's eyes to rest upon.  Hjaldi's skill with the forge was also hand in hand getting noticed mostly or the odd blue flames it produced. Secretly it was Hjaldi's own primitive magic but he let people believe it was the forge. "The gods bless my forge as i dedicate all my works to them and battle." Is all Hjaldi would say when a customer or person would ask. Hjaldi was in a festive mood when he forged making the hammer sing and the metal echo the hammers' chorus.

And in the evenings Hjaldi would try and jest Cryce into drinking with him and Lorelei and show Cryce joy can still be found in friends. Always in the same table in the corner by the fire where he had first sat... "This is feeling more and more like a home i could stay in and i'm sure milady would not mind the constant flow of business i bring paying for my food and stay here." Hjaldi said as he sat back drinking a horn of newly brewed mead. "Ah that is more and more like my homes mead Milady you have your ways don't you?" Hjaldi shot a quick smile and a wink to Lorelei.