Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Allergic Reaction

Started by visualspice, January 22, 2014, 04:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"District M." Kentamin read out loud the name scribbled on the piece of paper he held. District M- this was a new area of warehouses located on the southern side of Matron's Hallow where confiscated enchantments and other such magical items were taken where the church could sort through and categorized. Part of his 'training' was to go through Room elevens items and code and catalog what he'd found. Though he protested, the priest in training eventually realized he had little choice- and soon made his way past the capital and to the south- to the hallow.

It wasn't fun work- and considering his fear of magic, his nerves were just about shot by day's end. but all of room 11 was coded and cataloged except for one final shelving unit. Only a few hours of daylight remained, and Kentamin Dhelsbar was growing weary. He was only onto the second shelf and cataloging it's contents when he nearly fell asleep. But a soft glow from the jar he held drew his attention and made his sleepy eyes pop open.

"Eh? What's this light?" Rising from the chair, he peered over the jar to observe a cloudy ball of light within. "I'm not familiar with this magic- it's not really warm, so it's not heat or fire." Frowning, he returned to sit and catalog this piece, when his tired hand dropped the ink well which made him stand up with alarm as his leg banged into the tabke- knocking the glowing jar onto the floor with a crash. Ink now covered his leg as the priest (well, in traiing) let out a frustrated howl.

"Not my breeches!" Tyhe were expensive! Cost 40 silver and a gold piece for that sort of quality! Grimacing, he grabbed onto a nearby clothe (he didn't even know what it was) and began a foolish attempt to wipe off the ink- which only proceeded to smear it into his clothing and skin of his hands.

"Ansgar's sword, what sort of luck is this!?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Winters-Feather

In her cloud, Wisp slept. She dreamt of broad skies of all colors and the feeling of merging with fiery storm clouds. Grey and solemn though powerful, they were not unsettled by the feisty cloud fairy's presence. Instead, they were welcoming, patient. A feeling more than an image- her Cloud's dreams merged with hers. Time passed in that bottle. Why? Wisp forgot already. A few days haven't really even passed since she was caught. Caught. Secrets and shiny things...

The fairy had fancied exploring the warehouse when she overheard something naughty. She was old enough now to know what news was interesting, when something golden and shiny caught her attention. The kleptomaniac couldn't resist. Unfortunately for her, their cat's senses were extremely keen, and so now here she was.

The room had been empty for a while until Kentamin came in. Inside her jar and merged with her cloud, Wisp watched him as well as she could. The task proved difficult, as the jar wasn't that close to the edge of the shelf. Wisp huffed to herself. This was even more dull. Excitement shivered through her when Kentamin picked up her jar to observe the Cloud. It shifted as best it could in the small space.
Open me! Wisp wanted to tell him when he dropped the jar.

Well, the escape wasn't anything she had planned, but it still was a start. The  moment the jar broke, the cloud flew up towards the fourth shelf while Kentamin was busy with his trousers. Wisp unmerged with her cloud and stretched out her tiny limbs and wings. IT felt good to be free! She gestured for her cloud to hide in a red glass vase on the shelf while she ducked behind a a pile of scrolls. She peaked her head out from behind them so as not to be seen to watch Kentamin. She giggled at the sight of him desperately trying to remove the stain from his clothes, her voice like faint bells.

visualspice

At the faint sound of giggling, Kentamin's attentions perked up.
"Who's there?!" he shouted angrily, eyes cleaving through the sparsely lit storage room. Really- was someone foolish enough to let some girl in here? But as his eyes took in the room, he found, after doing a few rounds of it- that it was, in fact, completely vacant. He event went out of his way to open the door tot he adjacent room, but it was dark and quiet, even after he spoke the cautious words of , "Hello?"

Closing the door, he sighed and shook his head.
"Perhaps it's best to call it a night," he said, raking a hand through his hair, then was soon cursing himself immediately after wards, since ink had been on his hand, and now- undoubtably, his face!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Winters-Feather

Wisp stiffled another giggle as Kentamin searched the room. She enjoyed watching his confusion. So clumsy, too. That black stuff was everywhere! She wondered what it was. Wisp waited for Kentamin to walk towards the door to shut it before  zooming for the ink puddle on the ground. She slowly landed on it and immediately slipped, landing on her butt.

Slippery, she thought with a huff. As  Kentamin shut the door the fairy rose to her feet and took a few wobbly steps outside of the puddle, fluttering her wings to get some of the ink off. When Kentamin spoke again she froze.
I don't want to be caught yet, she thought.
The fairy shot back towards the desk, behind a stack of papers, ink dripping everywhere.
She didn't realize that she left some ink stains on the inventory he had been creating!

visualspice

The moment Kentamin's eyes caught sight of the black ink he let out a furious roar.
"AH! The ink! What in blaze's is going on!?" he shouted, frantically running over to his paper to access the mess when suddenly he caught sight of something small and fluttering and immediately thought-
"AH! A ROACH!" and immediately grabbed onto his candle and tried to smash the bug beneath it's iron base. if there was one thing he was not fond of, it was bugs!

Winters-Feather

Wisp's eyes grew wide as a threatening shadow loomed over her.
"EEEK!" she shrieked as she flew up into the monk's soft, curly hair and tugged it with all her might.
"Not fair!" she exclaimed. She didn't much like being caught or being called a roach!
"Ugly," she added with a raspberry.

visualspice

At the sudden shriek, the candle stick dropped from his hands. But then when the bug, wasp, thing suddenly latched onto his hair and pulled, Kentamin let out a cry and stumbled into a wall, causing some contents from the shelf to buckle and fall. Some of the items crashed and broke, and the priest in training winced as he pushed away and flailed about madly, trying to get the damn insect out of his hair.

"By Ansgar, get out of my hair, demon roach!" he cried, desperate in his flailing to be rid of the thing. But the second he had caught onto it and saw what it was, he gasped and threw the thing down tot he ground and backed up, clingingly against the wall. The shelf banged about against his sudden weight,a nd more items fell.

"IN THE NAME OF ANSGAR! he said, staring in wide eyed disbelief. "What in the devil are you!?"
It almost looked as if it were some tiny girl- a tiny girl with wings! Lest his eyes deceive him- or.. was it some talking dragon fly!? He shuddered at hte thought,t he rickety, flitting sound and feel of her paper thin wings making his skin crawl.

Winters-Feather

"Not a roach!" Wisp protested as she tugged harder.
She would have few away, but Kentamin was quicker. The fairy screeched as he caught hold of her.
"Let me go!" she started to say, but not before being tossed. She furiously flapped her wings as she went from tumbling through the air to steady. Her cloud, sensing her distress, slowly floated back towards her.
"Owie," she whined as she rubbed her head.

The world was spinning fast, and the ink stuff smelled bad. She wrinkled her nose at the human's question.
"My name's not Ansgar," she said as she flew back towards the paper Kentamin had been scratching symbols on.
"What's this?" Wisp asked, curiously. She had been wanting to know.

visualspice

Kentamin's eyes were as large as the tower of Uthlyn, and his skin whiter than Connlaothian snow.
"By the Gods, it it... TALKS!" the man squeaked, not even certain where to begin with this sort of reality before him. Had he gone mad? Passed out? Was this a dream? But then seeing the creature near his paper work-

"Stop! Don't touch that!" he stated, but when he went to mkae a grab for it, his fear of her caused him to jerk his hand away as he snapped his teeth together, clenching his jaw in fear.

Gods- and this was supposed to be an easy job! None of this was in his training! What was he supposed to do if he found some sort of small, winged creature!? Smash it? Call for help?
His heart was beatin ga mile a minute- and in that moment, he was just too stunned to do much else than gape!

"Just.. just back away from my papers..."
Gods.. if she ruined it... Ansgar, would the priests be upset!

Winters-Feather

Wisp giggled at Kentamin's fright.
"Why shouldn't I?" she challenged as she  flew up higher up the shelves with the paper.
"Papers?" she repeated. She flapped her wings, ink splattering on the edges.
"What's so important about them?" she teased as she landed on a high shelf.
Wisp curiously peered at the objects surrounding her. Now that she was out of the jar, she could examine things more closely. Beside her was a small, transparent vial full of a shiny, golden liquid.
"Pretty," Wisp said. She took a step towards the vial, but slipped on the ink on her feet. She yelped as she fell and accidentally pushed the  vial over!

visualspice

"Hey! Get back there and give me my inventory sheet!" he howled, and raced after her, snatching for her in the air but she was just out of arms reached. Panting in defeat, he gave a huff and narrowed his gaze, but just as he was about to scold her and demand she listen to him, he hear the clink of a vial-

"Hey what are you-"
and as she slipped, the vial went over the edge and his eyes went as wide as the Grand Duke's Palace was tall, and he cried out, "NOOOO!"

And the vial crashed nad in a flash- an explosion consume the room.

As the smoke settled, the priest in training lay on his back, coughing, his hair charred and standing on end- ad he- appearing burnt to a crisp and covered in soot.

Winters-Feather

Wisp squealed and merged with her cloud as the explosion occured, safely hidden behind books. Shelves rumbled and crack, items tumbling off and breaking. As the smoke wounded down, the cloud left the shelf and quietly wandered near towads the priest's face. Wisp reemerged, lying on her belly on the cloud. Still covered in ink, she idly kicked her legs as she admired his hair and the state of the room. It was an utter mess!
"Wow," she breathed upon looking at the disaster. She turned her attention back towards Kentamin and his strange hair.
"You okay, mister?" she asked.

She could hear pounding footsteps outside the hall.
"Ooooh, you're in trouble," she said. The pixie giggled.
"Better clean up as fast as you can!" she teased.

visualspice

Kentamin didn't even know what to do or say, but his anger was brewing inside him until he was about ready to burst. And then the door was thrust open and he turned around- and soon got an earful from the men. Knowing he was just a 'priest in training' did not save him from a hefty lecture, but a mop and broom were left behind and soon, Kentamin was snarling as he was on his hands and knees, scrubbing off the soot on the floor after already working at stacking what was left of the mess he could salvage. He couldn't believe this, nor the fact he had seen a fairy, and the very idea made his skin crawl.

"I had to have been seeing things, " he grumbled, then peered down at his reflection in the dimly lit water and with ascowl, slapped the water with the brush he was using to scrub the floor and cast a grumpy glare across the room.

Winters-Feather

Wisp stiffled giggles as she watched the priests from a shadowy corner. She caused a lot of trouble!
Serves them right, she thought with a smug grin. It was THEIR fault for trapping her in that stupid jar. Only fair they had what was coming at them! Still, the ink had to go. She tried rubbing it off, even rolling in her Cloud.
No good, she thought, frustrated.

She watched curiously as Kentamin scrubbed the floors with the stuff from the bucket. Her expression brightened when she discovered that whatever it was in the bucket was certainly getting the job done. While he looked the other way, she zoomed across the room and fluttered gently over the rim before balancing perfectly on it.  Her toes curling on the metal surface as she leaned forward a bit.
"Hello!" she said in her loudest voice, hoping to startle the jumpy priest.

visualspice

Kentamin let out a cry of alarm, slipped and fell back, crakcing his head off the edge of a shelf. ANd the words that came out from his teeth were beyond colors.

Winters-Feather

Wisp  yelped as Kentamin screamed and collapsed on the ground.  At the sight of him, she started to break into a pearl of laughter, uncontrollably zipping around the room.  Once she got a hold of herself, the fairy fluttered down close to his face, landing right on the tip of his nose.
"Are you still asleep?" she asked.

visualspice

Kentamin's eyes went wide and cross at the sight of the tiny thing landing delicately at the tip of his nose, and with a howl, he reached for her with a fist, aiming to knock her away as if she were some pestilent fly.
"Away small demon of magic! Be gone! Lest I punish you by the divine powers of Ansgar!"

Winters-Feather

"Gotta move faster!" Wisp taunted as she dodged Kentamin's fists with ease. She stayed close, though, to taunt him even more. She landed on his fist as he invoked the name of Ansgar.
She had heard his name evoked, now that she thought about it, but she really had no idea who the guy was. The man said Ansgar was divine, though.. what was divine? The pixie had no concept of gods, demons, and divine justice.
"Whose that?" she casually asked. "And I'm still here."

visualspice

Kentamin howled and rage and continued to flail his limbs at her, determined to snatch the strange, magical little creature with his fist.
"Who's that? The very God who will smite you, that's who!"

Winters-Feather

"When?," Wisp asked as she balanced herself on one of Kentamin's fists, her silvery hair tumbling down her shoulders.
"Nobody can be smited if you  are acting like this!" she huffed, though not entirely serious.
Just then, the cloud fairy's cloud slowly came drifting towards the pixie, brushing against Kentamin's skin.

"Besides, I am a cloud daughter, not a demon. Cloud daughter! See?"

Wisp then proceeded to flap her wings and struck a pose as her Cloud started to wrap around her, concealing her nakedness.

OOC: Natural censor bar? Lol