Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Blood in the Snow [open!]

Started by Rhindeer, January 24, 2014, 11:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Surprised at his answer, Teidra looked up at him with hopeful eyes, the fear that had started to swell in her breast dissipating a little.

"Really?" she said, blinking. "You'd...you'd do that? You don't mind? I-I don't want you to burden yourself, or go out of your way, because that could be a lot to ask, but..."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Wicked Basket

"Out of my way," Carlyle chuckled. "I'm already miles away from Connlaoth. What's a few more? It's no burden to me at all. I'd be happy help and do something noble for a change."

Carlyle gave Teidra a smile. He couldn't just stand around while all of this girls family, possessions, and loved ones got up and left her behind. Carlyle didn't have any family of his own, so he knew what it was like to be lonely. Sometimes one just needs to give in to altruistic temptation.

Rhindeer

Though Teidra was trying  to be polite and give him an out in case he was just offering out of obligation, she was hoping beyond hope that he'd still agree, practically squirming as she willed him to say 'yes'. And then, when he did, she broke out into a wide, relieved smile and couldn't help herself--she released all that pent up, nervous energy in the form of a hug, throwing her arms around his neck and squeezing him lightly.

"Thank you!" she said. "Thank you so much! I mean, hopefully it won't come to that! Hopefully they won't leave and you won't have to! But...really...thanks."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Wicked Basket

Carlyle returned the hug a bit awkwardly. He couldn't remember the last time anyone had ever hugged him, or shown any kind of affection for that matter. Not that this hug was out of affection. She was just grateful.

"You're very welcome," Carlyle replied. "Um....Teidra. You may let go now."

Bringer of Fenrir

Thanire let a laugh out as he heard the two conversing. "First time i have seen a man make such a thing look so odd..." Thanire stood arms crossed as he leaned against a tree. Having no shirt on showing off his muscles and tattooed skin as well as a multitude of long deep scars across his arms and chest. Holding a horn of ale in his right hand Thanire brought it up and began to gulp the drink down. Shaking his head after he was done his tail of his mohawk flailed around and then rested on his shoulder. Thanire looked at the two hugging paused with a smile then called out again. "What are you two doing?"

Obviously amused at the situation Thanire chuckled again to himself.

Rhindeer

"Hm?" Teidra peered up at Carlyle, and then, realizing she was indeed still clinging to him, she let out a laugh and pulled back.

"Oh...heh. Sorry," she said sheepishly, and might have said more, but a masculine voice cut in then and she froze, turned, and gave a surprised gasp.

Because a large, fierce-looking man was in the room with them now. The door to the shelter must have been exposed after they'd used it! Jumping in alarm, Teidra scrambled out of her seat and went to Carlyle's other side, effectively putting the man between her and the newcomer.

Bringer of Fenrir

Thanire laughed aloud not hiding his amusement in her obvious in being startled by him and also her fear. Indeed the door had been open and closed slowly Thanire slid in because he was curious and wanted to talk to them, he was bored in honesty. Something Thanire was often. "Believe me child if i wanted you dead you would have my Ax in your side by now." Thanire jabbed a thumb in the air towards his back to where a handle jetted out from behind him. rubbing his hands together Thanire blew in them as if he were cold. He wasn't it was a tick in his character something he just did out of boredom. Thanire face was now more visible to the two he had a heavy brow and thick beard beneath his nose and it traveled down the sides if his face in to two long braids. But that was the only hair on his head aside from that. Scars littered his body deep and minor as well did tattoos ad a permanent war paint type tattoo, surprisingly though  no scars were on his face. Not a single hint of a blade or arrow being remotely near his face could be found, something Thanire was proud of.

As for his attire. Thanire had a pair of leather leggings and fur hide boots as well as a kilt and a simple shirt wrapped around his waist. With two daggers on the back of a thick belt that covered also most his entire belly, and a loop ring where hung his ax bearded the blade had a simple elegance about it. Not much could be seen of the great ax on his back though it was much larger then most ax's.

Wicked Basket

"Pay him no mind," Carlyle told Teidra. "He's just some uncivilized brute with a fetish for body art. Nothing serious."

Carlyle was not at all fond of men like this. All brawn and no brain, thinking they can do whatever they want, because of their big muscles and numerous scars. This man had no business butting in on their conversation, and Carlyle would be sure to let him know that.

Bringer of Fenrir

"Watch your tongue! I may look like a brute but after traveling for months on end would you not look a little dirty? Plus I assure you my brain works at a capacity far greater then yours. For even thinking i am a mere brute is infantile and foolish, to assume that by my body type and scars even  my tattooing and to think i am a mere brute. That sir is folly and only someone with minimal to no skills as a strategist. And these tattoos are from my families own line of designs and they speak and tell of my families history!" Thanire pounded his chest as he spoke quite proud of the fact his family war paint was permanently etched on his body. "Now if you are still thinking i am some dumb brute then you would only be half right good sire." Thanire spoke with an intelligence about him that was quite surprising for how he was dressed.

"Now if you would kindly take your knighted pompous ass and let me talk to the other young woman in the room then i would appreciate it..." Thanire was jesting but also serious he was not impressed thus far. To have this man insult him and call him a mindless brute, and to just pass him off as an ordinary warrior. Thanire was trained for his entire childhood strategy, battle, and the ins and outs of war were his passion. If need be he would show the proud knight. Thanire ahted people as this too dumb and believing the fact they had Royal blood in them that it made them in a higher skill rate then other lower class people.

Wicked Basket

"I do plenty of traveling," Carlyle replied. "I still find time to look presentable and be hygienic. You, sir, are talking to one of the most brilliant minds in Connlaoth. I am a master chemist and enchanter, and I have traveled to all corners of the globe for my trade. The main difference between us is that I was smart enough to let myself be cut up like you with all your scars. To be honest, I don't know why having scars is seen as a desirable trait. Wouldn't a great warrior know how NOT to get hit?"

Bringer of Fenrir

"Ah your a scroll writer that makes sense now, and Connlaoth? Say you are one of the brightest minds there is like saying you are a racist pompous ass who thinks himself better for not having magic in his blood. Or that you are a magic user and you should be cut down as you are announcing your curse. And you are right in the sense that a warrior would know how to dodge and not receive a wound against mere poultry ranks, but each of these scars was given to me as a lesson in blood to not redo and mistake. Also they serve as a nostalgic sense remembering each great battle, with every enemy and grand opponent i have fought against." Thanire rubs his arms feeling the most pronoun scars.

Looking up he continued. "And as for hygiene i am not riddled with disease, or infection and my clothes are unique i do not merely throw them away when they are done." Thanire was right his kilt was obvious a family tie. and his leggings were as well. "Careful how you react chemist, You caught me i a good mood." Thanire truly hated the type of man who thought him better then his fellow humans and as far as this chemist was reacting he was one of them so far.

Wicked Basket

"You threaten me as if it means something," Carlyle replied cooly. "And my place of origin does not determine my character. Any intelligent individual would know that. I also do not write scrolls. If you were as smart as you claim you would know that we use books nowadays. As for magic, it is a very useful tool. It's just that most Connlaothians fear what they do not understand."

Rhindeer

Finally, Teidra had had enough. After reading the situation long enough to see this new man was not of immediate danger, she spoke up, ears flattened and sharp teeth bared in a low growl. "Stop it! Stop fighting!"

With a slight huff, she sidestepped out from behind Carlyle and glowered up at the new man. Though she stood a mere five feet tall so the man dwarfed her by far, she stood there with her chest puffed up and her fists clenched. She hadn't known Carlyle long, but what she did know of him was that he was kind and selfless enough to offer her, a complete stranger, help unprompted. And for that alone she would defend him.

Which, maybe he didn't need defending, but from Teidra's perspective, he looked like he needed it! After all, he didn't have sharp teeth or claws to fight with.

"Now just...leave him alone, okay? If you need something here, you should just say it! But don't come in here and try to pick a fight!"

Bringer of Fenrir

Thanire scoffed at what this lab rat must have thought a witty remark when it came to scrolls and books. As well as the intelligence remark, again he insinuated that he was a fool. This simple scribe and chemist was starting to weather on Thanire's nerve. "Think you are a smart one hmm? then tell me ..." Thanire was cut short by the furry little beast yelling at them. She seemed to defend him ... Odd thing was she was quite furious in her own way.

"As you wish, but you know that it was her that stayed my blade from drinking your blood." Thanire knew he was about to get a smart ass remark that this nobleblood would think superior and intellectual. He hoped for an excuse to deck this rich untested child square in the nose. Thanire looked to the man waiting for the excuse he would unleash his fury on him. Letting him know that he was not to be taken lightly. Thanire knew there had t be a reason this arrogant fool was so cocky aside from his station and blood line. He mentioned magic he must be a caster dangerous person to fight although getting them close enough so they were reduced to more target based magics. not a area based or more massive damaging attacks. But Thanire had some tricks of his own. He had magics even his great ax had magic fused to it...

Wicked Basket

"Well then, I'm afraid your blade will just have to settle with being thirsty," Carlyle said with a smug grin.

He hadn't needed Teidra to intervene for him, but she just wanted to help. This brute was quite irritating. Carlyle hated men like that. Those men who flaunted their muscles and scars as if they should automatically be respected for it. Carlyle feared no man, and this one was no exception.

Rhindeer

Teidra let out a breath, some of the tension draining out of her when the large man conceded. Shoulders relaxing and hands unclenching, Teidra looked over at Carlyle and gave him a smile (for she was quite proud of having "protected" him against this larger one!) before looking back to the larger man.

"Okay...so that's settled," she said, and brushed some hair from her eyes. "Was there, ah, some reason you came here?" Aside from barging in to put Carlyle down, that is!

Codestar7

Piquano thought, as another person was now in the room, he would reveal himself. In the darkness of his corner, from under the bed the merman crawled. He snuck up behind the group, and simply stood there, silent.
"You are making my ears ache. Anyway, do any of you have some mead?" Piquano laughed, going crazy after so long in uunfamiliar weather condidtions.

Bringer of Fenrir

That was all Thanire needed to make his blood boil enough for a reaction taking three massive strides for the chemist he drew back his fist! Just as he did though he saw something slink out of the shadow drawing his ax in flash and being at the ready. Thanire watched as this fish man asked for mead... "Aye i do..." Thanire took his free hand pulling a skin behind him and tossing it to the creature. Standing up still his side ax in hand walked over to the creature purposely shoving the scrawny chemist out of his way trying to knock him against something just to be annoying.

"Where did you come from creature?" Thanire now completely ignored the others he was interested in the new being. "You have my curiosity, I have never seen one of your people... alive for very long." Thanire said finally with almost a child like state of amazement.   

Rhindeer

Teidra went to Carlyle's side to help him when the brute shoved the man aside. Apparently, there was someone else in the little hovel, too! How many people had had the same idea about this place today? And why had she never known about it when so many apparently did?

Well. Probably because her people were nomadic.

"Are you okay?" she asked Carlyle, and shot a glare at the larger man's back. "That was so rude."

Wicked Basket

"I am perfectly alright, my dear," Carlyle assured her. "That brute couldn't hurt me if he tried."

Carlyle examined the newly revealed fourth occupant of the small house. It was a merman. Carlyle couldn't help but chuckle when the brute didn't know what a merman was even though he had been going on about how knowledgeable he was just moments before. This was turning out to be a very interesting expedition. All well, they couldn't all go on without a hitch. He would just have to make do.