Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Blood in the Snow [open!]

Started by Rhindeer, January 24, 2014, 11:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bringer of Fenrir

((OOC: Re read my post please i never seen one ALIVE for long. like i killed them before but never talked with one that didn't die in seconds :P)) 

"And him insulting me without prompting is no better? how about continually calling me a brute a mindless barbarian? Judging me by my mere body type and ancestral war ink? Is he more civilized then i to be able to pass me off as mere poultry to him, only because i place my lots with physical endurance and strength more so then the ways of magic, to his knowledge anyway? For all you know i could be a war magi, or a battle priest one adept with magics and physical strengths. Nay i say it is he that is so rude to pass judgement on a man by his build!" Thanire spoke with a fierce tone but was calm. He was used to being judged and in this he had mastered this conversation long before this one. So he knew what to say how to say it, with accurate points and words that would open the mind to his side in a way that was intelligibly accurate.

"Would it not be wise for a man to know both magic and also know the psychical side of battle for when it grows fierce? How foolish wold a man be to know only one side of of the spectrum, to know even a little of both is better then master only one. My people know this so i trained in battle and magics true i side to physical but do not think i am a mindless brute... even though i may be savage." Thanire thought back to the intense training as a child he had undergone both magical learning and also physical. from casting spells and holding them for as long as possible to dodging attacks while also doing this he had a hybrid technique of training in both at the same time. Making Thanire almost an expert in duel fighting in both magics and melee combat at the same time.

Turning back to the merman before Thanire he spoke in a curious tone once again as if he had not been the same person a second ago. "Why do you dwell here, why do you come to our attention willingly?" Thanire thought about what had happened it would make sense he meant no harm for he would have stayed hidden and struck from the shadows. And yet he could also be trying to win them over for he was out numbered significantly at this point.

Thanire had merely come here because of his curiosity and that was it. Thanire let that bit of him run wild he was always looking into things as a child, or wandering exploring the world. Which was partly why he was not in his homelands of Fjletland he was curious of the world that lay beyond. Looking out and exploring letting his Curious spirit run wild and sore as a bir would in the winds and clouds.

Codestar7

"I was travelling in the Tundra when the snow storm arrived. This dwelling was the only place I could find after a whole day in the blizzards." Piquano spoke with a watery tone. "And for my reasoning of showing myself there is two. First, It was getting cramped under that bed, and two, I like making new friends. So... Hi!" Piquano waved, his bare human arm shaking in the air. "I heard you all arguing. I thought if I showed myself, it would cease." Piquano sighed. "That failed. You had best not threaten me, 'Thanire'. I am equal to any man, elf or any other race. I understand not why you hint the fact you think I'm about to pass away."

The merman looked to the tiger-like being. "And you, I have the same curiosity. What are you? My apologies if that sounds rude."

Bringer of Fenrir

"i have no intent to kill you only the merpeople i have met up with in past have either been in the after math of a battle that has transpired or they met my ax before words could be exchanged i have no intent on ending your life. you are not a contract nor in my way." Thanire spoke bluntly and bold.

Rhindeer

Teidra didn't know what to say in response to the lecture, so she wound up doing nothing at all. She edged closer to Carlyle, a little intimidated and not quite sure what to say. It was true Carlyle had been initially rude, but the man had surprised her, too! And that was still no reason for him to make threats!

Of course, she was a little biased here.

Fortunately, before she could be put on the spot, the man turned away to their newest addition that had apparently always been there, unbeknownst to them! A man with...

Fins?

She looked at Carlyle in confusion, and then at the newcomer, shifting from hoof to hoof awkwardly. "Me? Oh, uh...I'm tuathi," she said slowly, for she did find the question a little rude, being asked what you were. "But my name is Teidra. What's yours?"

She stared rather pointedly at his tail, trying to find a way to ask what he was without sounding similarly rude, for she'd never seen a person with a fish tail before!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Wicked Basket

Carlyle could tell that Teidra was nervous, so he patted her on the shoulder assuredly. He would keep her safe if necessary. It was only proper. Carlyle did not react to the merman's reaction in any way. He just sat and listened patiently. The merman's question did seem rather rude, even though he had asked Teidra the same question when  they had first met. Carlyle decided to make them even when he saw Teidra's confusion. Carlyle leaned over and whispered into Teidra's ear.

"He's a merman. Half man, half fish."

Codestar7

Piquano knew not what the man whispered after the tiger girl he'd her name and race.
"I am Piquano, merman wanderer and food taster extraordinaire." You may have just been whispered that, but I cannot be sure.
Piquano sipped the beer, and threw it back to his offerer, smiled, and thanked him.

Rhindeer

"Ohhhh..." Teidra said, relieved that Carlyle had caught on and saved her from a little social awkwardness.

But perhaps not from all of it.

Still eying his tail curiously, she blinked in confusion. "How do you...how are you out here, and not in the sea?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Codestar7

"I am an evolved species of merfolk", explained Piquano. "My people started in the water, but through generations we learned to walk as man does. We control or fins just as you would your legs, using our brain to keep us balanced. I know this is new for you, and I won't hurt you. Did I answer your question?" Piquano smiled.

Rhindeer

"So you..." Teidra really hoped all these questions weren't coming across as rude! She peered down at his fins. "You walk on your fins? Oh! Do you live in these waters? You won't dry up if you're not in them?"

Codestar7

Piquano's smile dropped into a frown. "I haven't returned to the ocean, nor the streams ever since I was thirteen. My last memory of delving beyond the shore was when I witness my mother be raped and murdered by sea marauders. I wish not to return to the coast so soon. I have learned to live on land, taught to me by a... Deceased friend." Piquano explained this, almost shedding a tear.