Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The road less traveled--for good reason! [open!]

Started by Rhindeer, January 29, 2014, 02:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaGlobster

(Derp. Sorry!)

"Well, you didn't think I'd give up my form without a struggle, did you? I knew that if my proper self was revealed, she wouldn't accept my help. The Kunatans are..." Kruz'Iik trailed off, his octopus eyes directing themselves and their skin-penetrating gaze towards Yun's petrified form. "...superstitious at best." He finished. "But that's beside the point, savage." He said, and crossed his arms. "If I meant her harm, I would have acted on it already. I'm a creature of the mind, and I'm already in both of your heads. That corpse is proof enough." He gestured towards the burnt corpse, and it slowly stood up where it laid, shaking off the burnt skin like a flaky covering and revealing its appearance to be identical to Kruz'Iiks.

They both started speaking at the same time. "You think you're so in control of the situation, don't you? How do you know I'm not standing behind you? Or if it's even raining?" The twin Ilithids continued, the ex-corpse flickering out of existence.  "I tried to be nice, to both of you, but you, you unwashed monolith of stupidity, have ruined your chances.

Kruz'Iik's voice denoted anger, but his octopean face made emotions nigh-impossible, save for the sudden flushing of his exterior with red and the narrowing of his eyes.

To Hjaldi and his spirit animal, Kruz'Iik just disappeared, dropped off the sensory radar. Hjaldi would still be able to hear his footsteps as he maneuvered around him, however. Of course, to Yun, Kruz'Iik was still standing where he was, and hemade it a point to step towards Yun in the most harmless way possible. "You're not safe with him." He said. "I can help you out of the forest, but you need to trust me." He added. He tactfully kept his hands at his side, not wanting to extend any foreign appendages towards Yun until he was sure she wouldn't run away screaming.

Bringer of Fenrir

At that second as the creature dispersed into nothing Hjaldi acted jumping back to his weapons grabbing his great sword throwing the sheath from the blade letting the ring sing out. The blade was near Hjaldi's size and the width of the blade far thicker then even a blade of this size should be ! Runes lit up as the lightning soared through the sky and it's light embraced the blade for mere seconds, but the runes stayed lit for a second longer. Pulling the blade up it reached up to the sky and looked as if it could even cut the air as it danced through the air. Such a simple beauty to it, a simple elegance. Hjaldi was ready now! True he could not see him But he could hear footsteps. and Fafnir would be able to catch the steps better then Even Hjaldi could. "Fafnir i need you! Protect the girl!" Hjaldi called out in his native tongue once again voice boomed louder then a roll of thunder that followed the lightning which lit the blade again.

The wolf lunged forwards from behind the girl where she had sat the massive wolf landed right in front of her turning around and stepping over her and lowering himself as to add protection from above as all sides. Hjaldi was impressed Fafnir would choose to defend her as such, he must like something about her he thought. Hjaldi thought as he burst with all his might to join Fafnir. "Don't worry girl Fafnir wolf he smell like you!" Hjaldi yelled to the Yun. Turning around as he sided the massive wolf who was still massive beside Hjaldi The fog shot forth covering them in a dense fog the wolves of the mist could be seen running to them at their defense as they ran unearthly howls, growling, and barking was heard all around then as the dense bright blue mist converged over them covering them completely there was silence. No thunder, nor light from the lightning even the ran had stopped. Hjaldi turned to the girls position.

"It okay we are in other realm... my realm." Hjaldi looked forward he could hear the footsteps he only hoped what e planned would work...

Rhindeer

[ooc: xD It's okay! I derp basically ALL THE TIME. >_>]

Yun felt like she was slowly going mad. Or maybe not slowly, because things were escalating faster than she could keep up with! The old man wasn't an old man, but that horrible, tentacle-faced monster! And there were two of them, for the corpse wasn't a corpse! She whimpered as he spoke of being in their heads and she shook her own head, covering her ears and closing her eyes.

She didn't open her eyes again until she heard the octopus-creature's voice, and there he was, right before her!

Wasn't safe with the giant? She didn't feel safe with either of them! The octopus one looked like a monster, and the giant looked like, well, a giant! With a huge wolf!

...A wolf that was soon standing over her as a fog rolled in, the rain stopping, the thunder fading to nothing.

Yup. Yun sure felt like she was losing her mind.

She curled up into a ball, hugging her knees burying her face against her legs. "Stop, stop, stop!" she said, trembling. "I just wanna go! I just wanna get to Kunata! Alive! That's all I want so please! Please just lemme go!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

Kruz'Iik looked at the spirit animal, standing over Yun and barking like the wild beast it was. He was standing mere inches from its snout, but it didn't know he was there. A testament to the weak minds of beasts. Still, there was some fun to be had. He slowly backed away from the girl. "If you do not wish for my help, then I will leave you alone." He said, and then lifted a finger to point at the barbarian. "He has trapped us in a spiritual realm, I will do my best to get us out. Once I do, I will direct you to the nearest city and let you be on your way" He added, and he put his full attention on the barbarian. He had to admit, the fog was an impressive trick, and so were the wolves, but he had seen it all before.

"It's not a bad realm, I must say." His voice echoed throughout Hjaldi's head. "Surely, you didn't think you could escape me with this, could you?" His voice came again, this time from within the mist, from all directions. "Allow me to make a few...additions..." He said with a malevolent twinge in his voice, and the trees seemed to recede from the area, exposing the night sky. The moon looked normal for a few moments, before it parted down the middle, as if it was an opening eye. It turned into a giant octopus eye, glaring down at Hjaldi and Yun with all the malevolence of an angered god. "~I see you!~" Kruz'Iik said in a sing-song voice.

Bringer of Fenrir

OOC: Fafnir is a normal wolf not a spirit

Hjaldi started to swing towards the voices in a panic. He had a flare in his eyes when ever the voice spoke he flinched lunging in the direction trying to land a blow! Fafnir growled and barked at the voices also. Even the wolves within the mist started to dart about trying to attack the voice. Hjaldi began to stumble the jumping and swinging was wearing down on him but he would get the creature he would cleave the beast in two let earth drink his blood!

"You are a coward fighting while in my mind not letting me see you where you are how you are! i will piss on your corpse when i am done with you!" Hjaldi bellowed out in rage. "Fafnir do not let the girl be harmed!" Fafnir stood his ground lowering over the girl as she screamed. Hjaldi knew she was scared of everything even Fafnir. that is why he never had the fog and mist fully engulf her in fact it only surrounded her an Fafnir. Hjaldi hoped she would notice that he was trying to protect her... he needed to dispatch this beast and get out of the forest ... Hjaldi had many ways but none seemed to work it only proved this creatures power more and more. Which made Hjaldi panic slightly.

"Show yourself coward!" Hjaldi screamed in rage as he swung his massive blade again. as it swung cleaving thick branches and even a tree it soared through the mist singing a lulling song whispering as it sliced through the air and fog. Then the trees moved and opened up to reveal the moon and also reveled the eye! "~I see you!~" A voice ran out thorough the fog Hjaldi looked up pausing in horror... "No..."

DaGlobster

Kruz'Iik watched Hjaldi's despair from a nearby tree. Of course, none of the things Hjaldi was seeing were real actually real, but Kruz'Iik always prided himself with his mind games. He leaned against the gnarled bark of the tree, crossed his arms, and continued pressing into Hjaldi's mind.

The giant eye's pupil focused on Hjaldi, narrowing its searing glare on him. "You trifle with things you don't understand, boy. Leave this forest, before I destroy whatever semblance of a life you THINK you have!" He bellowed, his voice coming from the stars. The center of the eye started relaying images, images of Hjaldi's past life burning away under the heat of a star. Finally, one image froze on the pupil. It was Fafnir's bloody, severed head, held aloft in Kruz'Iik's hand. The stars all split as well, and they all became eyes, displaying the same image. The wolves in the mist stopped to stare at Hjaldi, their features twisting into tentacles and eyeballs. "Leave." They all chanted simultaneously. "Leave. Leave. Leave. Leave"

Bringer of Fenrir

Hjaldi suddenly stopped looking straight up to the tentacled creature, Swinging with renewed vigor at the base of the tree causing the man beast to fall Hjaldi grabbed his leg and threw him to the ground with a sick thud "You are in my realm, you have no power here!" Hjaldi smiled "You are a slippery one i couldn't sense you at all until i started to use the fog. This is my realm and i control it. So when the fog touches something other then the forest i know! You almost had me but now you are done!"  As Hjaldi explained all the spirits began to gather around them.

"I told you that you cannot get into my head, let me show you why..." Hjaldi looked to the nearest spirit. "Thank-you for your sacrifice brother." The wolf lunged to Hjaldi diving into the half giants chest! As Hjaldi turned he himself became as the fog and yet he was still there able to grasp it's leg. His form was ever shifting from a decaying skeleton  to the broad half giant! "You cannot enter the mind of that which is neither alive nor dead!" Hjaldi voice was echoing through the fog. all the wolves began to howl in ceremony. "You are not prepared, so how about you leave?!" Hjaldi voice echoed through the creatures ears and clung to them not leaving having the leave repeat in multiple voices and tones, as if a hundred spirits of insanity were in his head screaming and ranting.

Hjaldi raised the massive blade once more His deathly grip firm on his leg. There was no way this was an illusion the fog would pass through an illusion which it did not, and now that Hjaldi had consumed the should and become neither a wraith nor living his mind was in a different plane all together so he was safe from things he could think he saw. This was the creature. As This transpired the fog reacted to Hjaldi's whim and surrounded them in a dense wall keeping Yun from being able to see them completely.

"Fafnir take her to a safe distance..." Hjaldi's voice haunted through the fog. Fafnir dropped his head snapping his jaws making a sickening crack. "No go i need to not worry about her." With the words emerging from no where and everywhere, Fafnir stepped over till he was beside Yun. The mountain wolf dropped and moving his head as if to try and make a motion to get on his back to carry her.

DaGlobster

As soon as Kruz'Iik hit the ground, a chuckle escaped his lips. He was seemingly unimpressed by his display of power, and found it amusing how he repeatedly asserted that he was apparently immune to being screwed with, just by being in a state of life/death flux. The trick with the voices was nice, he supposed, but he barely acknowledged them before dismissing the effect. "You have a mind and conscious thought to go with it. Whether you are alive or dead doesn't matter, neither does the location of your mind. Once I put in a link, it tends to stay" he stated plainly, and his prone form sank into the ground without leaving a trace, and immediately after he walked out of a tree like it wasn't there. He lifted one hand to the sky, and the giant moon-eye started glowing. "You want to fight me? Fine. I've given you one too many chances anyways. Prepare for a battle of the minds!" He yelled, and he swung his hand downwards to point at Hjaldi. The moon eye's pupil crackled with black electricity before it released a massive black lightning bolt, heading down straight towards Hjaldi with a sound that could only be described as hellish laughing. "Your mind will be mine!"

Bringer of Fenrir

OOC: think undead army from lord of the rings just a light blue :P for my form.

The lightning struck Hjaldi passing through him Hjaldi shook with violent shaking then dissipating into mist...

"I said you were in my realm now..." The creature heard this plainly from behind, then suddenly a sharp pain in his side a dagger protruding from him it also had a ghastly look to it as if it were also made from the mist "As i said this is my world and all the fog tells me what you are going to do your mind tricks don't work." Hjaldi then Thrust the Giant blade into his arm pushing it through blood falling to the ground. Hjaldi's face grew close to the creature. and in a calm whisper. "You act composed where most would flee in terror i admire that..." As he spoke his face contorted and twisted in the fog revealing bone, muscle blood vessels. "Devour..." Hjaldi spoke emotionless the wolves of the fog began to rally and go into a ravaging rage... the fog grew thicker taller till it bloated out the sky completely there was no natural light only a light ominous blue light and the light almost white/blue eyes of the wolves for seconds could be seen.

Bringer of Fenrir

OOC and also when i imagine your RP character thing all i can imagine is your cat GIF ... lol

DaGlobster

Kruz'Iik paused for a moment. Not because there was a dagger in his side, but because he noticed Yun was still cowering under the wolf. His eyes flashed over to her, and then back to Hjaldi, who seemed pleased to start showing off his "amazing" powers of self mutilation and soul absorption. All this power seemed like a bit much for him to handle, and Kruz'Iik estimated the barbarian just might burn out soon. He just needed to keep him busy for a bit longer, something he had no trouble with. He touched a hand to his side, and held it out. "Oh look, I've been stabbed. Tell me, did you really think I'd stand in front of you, just waiting for you to strike me? Idiot!" He said, and his form faded into dust, scattering into the wind. He completely vanished once again.

"You keep saying this is your realm, and frankly, I couldn't care less. Why don't we clear things up a bit, hmm?" Kruz'Iik's voice said as it came from the fog. The sky returned itself to normal, except for the large moon-eye, which started glowing white again. It got farther and farther away, and then a second one appeared next to it. Kruz'Iik's form was outlined by the stars, and he became a giant constellation in the sky. "Time to clean up!" the constellation bellowed, and his eyes started glowing a bright yellow before his gaze showered the area in a golden white light. Everything spiritual caught under his gaze would start burning away with the heat of a star, and that included the blue fog and Hjaldi himself.

Bringer of Fenrir

OCC little god mode aren't you... ?

Hjaldi looked to the creature "What do you not understand we are not in the living realm!" Hjaldi pointed to the sky the moon was now no more then a wisp of a cloud as was everything around them, and all the creature had done was inert and only a show of power true it would have worked if they were not in the life after realm. Hjaldi smiled devilishly. "Waste your powers all you want for you have not even truly faced me in this realm!" Hjaldi explained further. "I am mist and fog but the real me is near.. These wolves are mine and can shift they will not be harmed by your attack. Your attacks are happening... only they are happening in the wrong realm and there is nothing you can do about it!" The fog quickly surrounded him again and the wolves started to shift lunging at him biting at the tentacles of the creature. Whenever the beast would try and shift the fog sensed him and would follow to where he would appear next.

Hjaldi stood in a safe area watching this creature fighting the fog he had formed into himself. he was getting tired slightly and would need to enter the battle soon. Hjaldi watched carefully for weaknesses. He noticed the creature fought using range and would try to escape from close attacks. He would use that to his advantage. Hjaldi had a plan he knew would work. if his strength would hold up anyway. This creature seemed to be on par with gods... Hjaldi knew he just hadn't found it's weakness yet.

Rhindeer

Yun couldn't move. She was frozen in abject terror, so when the wolf lowered himself so she could get on him, she only whimpered and curled up into a tighter ball. Her heart was beating rapidly, her breath coming in short, panicked bursts, and despite her quick breathing, she wasn't getting enough air. She began to feel light-headed, the world tilting and getting fizzy around the edges, then darkening at the corners of her vision. Her hearing began to falter, and her fingers began to tingle.

She was gonna pass out. She was gonna pass out.

It was all too much for her. The fog wolves, the eye in the sky, the burst of golden white light...

She could handle it.

She couldn't breathe.

Finally, her mind shut down and gave her some sweet, merciful relief from the nightmare. Yun's eyes rolled back into her head and with an airy sigh, she slumped over in a faint.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

( I dunno, you kept automatically saying that you grabbed my character and assumed that your mist-dagger hit, so felt like a bit of reciprocation was in order)

The constellation shaped like Kruz'Iik laughed. "My intent never was to fight you. All these attacks have been nothing but illusion, designed to keep your simple mind occupied as I acted on my true intention. Did you really think you could defeat the most powerful psion on your planet? Don't make me laugh!" His voice boomed out. "I can travel between the realms using sheer force of intellect, so don't think i'm trapped here, either. As a matter of fact..."

The constellation winked out, leaving a pitch-black sky, leaving no trace of his existence. A hand emerged from the ground next to where Yun passed out, wrapped around her wrist, and she disappeared altogether, along with any trace of Kruz'Iik. They were gone.