Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Unwanted Assistance. [open nd, nm]

Started by Yvhv, February 04, 2014, 01:18:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yvhv

Sazha flew through the air in a great arch, aimed at the ogre. Once she was about to hit the said creature's face, she transformed, and with all her might and will, she slammed an axle kick into the creature's face,a nd sent it tumbling back into a group of goblins behind it. as it struggled to get up, Sazha Quickly and deftly created an axe from psionic energy, large enough to chop the creature's head form it's shoulders, and did just that. She then dissipated the axe, and did a flurry of highly acrobatic backlips back into the barrier, and stood by her companion.

"there...the biggest member of their force is gone...but, they are still highly numerous.."

it was then that 50 or so of the hobgoblins rushed in, and the battle began for real.

Wicked Basket

Lucian watched as she killed the ogre. She had made an axe out of nothing. An axe was a weapon. Just as he thought that, he felt the object she had given him get much heavier. He took a look at it and saw that it was now an axe identical to the one Sazha had made. So that's how it worked. A hobgoblin lunged at Lucian and he swung his axe, cleaving it in two. He could get used to this thing.

Yvhv

"It is about time!" Sazha said excitedly. she was glad she would now have help trim the Hobgoblins.  Concentrating on the hobgoblins inside the barrier, Sazha drew her straight sword and danced from foe to foe, using precise, swift, and graceful slashes and stabs to either kill outright or mortally wound those unlucky enough to get within her reach . this fierce some display of skill and finesse made Sazha look as though combat and death where a beautiful ballet that she was the star in. Her sword seemed to delight in the tasting of her foe's blood, while she was somber and calm, making herself appear as if she were peacefully daydreaming. The screams of her foes were a melody, and the beat was her skilled slaying of them. this rythm of death allowed her to perform a terrifying yet beautiful dance of carnage

Wicked Basket

Lucian's fighting style was the complete opposite of Sazha's. Lucian hacked and bashed his way through the hobgoblins with abandon. The  hobgoblins tried to strike back, but their own heavy hitter was gone and Lucian had much longer reach than they did. Hopefully, the odds would stay stacked in Sazha and Lucian's favor.

Yvhv

Sazha Sheathed her straightsword, seeing that Lucian's reach gave them the upper hand, and decided instead she would use her psionics to kill the hobgoblins. Concentrating when she could, Sazha released Spikes of psionic energy shaped like 10' nails, that she drove into the bodies of the hobgoblins. When that became too inconvenient, Sazha merely upon striking a goblin with her bare hands, pulsed a burst of psionic energy into the hobgoblins, burning their innards while shooting the energy through them, killing them instantly.

Although highly skilled, and able to out manuever the Hobgoblins, Sazha did incur some wounds. one of the creature's spears nicked her cheek, while another's lightning spell hit her ankle, causing some burning pain. another had slipped a dagger strike, and sliced her wrist were her gauntlet didnt cover it. Over all, these were not life threatening, but they were troublesome, and angered her.

"We need to even the playing field..more and more just keep coming...i think there are more than originally anticipated..."

Wicked Basket

The hobgoblins quickly learned that Lucian's reach was not only his greatest advantage, but also his greatest disadvantage. The hobgoblins ditched their spears and got within Lucian's striking distance. Lucian could feel the daggers cutting into his legs and stomach, the only places they could easily reach. Lucian kicked and punched and swung as best he could to get them off. There was so many.

Yvhv

Sazha released a telekinetic blast that pushes all the goblins away, and reconstitutes the barrier to keep them all out, for as long as she can hold the concentration to do so.

"i have...a plan..but first...We need to heal up." She pants.

going ot lucian, she heals his wounds using her shamanistic powers being sure to revitalize him. As for herself, she rinks a few different potions that heal and mend her wounds, and restore her energy.

"how is your immunity to warlock and sorcerer magics?"

Wicked Basket

"Um...I don't know," Lucian replied.

To be honest, he wasn't even entirely sure what she was talking about. The whole healing thing she just did was pretty neat and he knew that that must have been magic, but he didn't know what 'warlock and sorcerer' magics were.

Yvhv

"all right then...that makes things harder...ill give you a brief explanation. Sorcerer Magic, is the magic that is used to control, subjugate, manipulate, and overall just control demons, and their powers. Warlock magic, is the magic of accessing the demonic planes, and realms, calling upon one's own dark energies,and releasing spells. Sorcerers usually force demons into pacts, and are usually just all around assholes to their pact partners. Warlocks, on th other hand, request the aid of demons, and other benigs of the demonic and dark planes and dimensions and such, and are genrally more likely to be granted powers by demons. both use demonic energy, so demons can pick up on them....however, most demons carry some form of immunity to one or both schools. or some form of resistance, while others may have non at all."

Wicked Basket

Lucian scratched his head.

"So...What does that mean for right now?"

Yvhv

"it means that depending on what i do, you will either be helped or hurt, or nothing at all will happen to you. my shaman magic wont do much to them, and i dont have enough time to prepare qi or alchemy..."

Wicked Basket

"Oh. Well, I guess we don't really have any other options. We might as well try whatever it is you have in mind."

Lucian was slightly afraid as to what might happen. This woman had been a complete stranger ti him moments before, and now they were fighting for their lives together and she's still a stranger. If she tries what she has planned, he might die; but if she doesn't than they both die. Her plan also has the probablitity of success which cannot be ignored. Whatever she had planned was their best option right now, and it might teach him something about himself.

Yvhv

"do not be afraid...if i can smell your fear....then they can too."

Sazha said. she was right too. Hobgoblins had an advanced sense of smell. Sazha prepared herself for what must be done.  She untied her hair band, and let it fall to the sides of her head, down to her shoulders. Holding her hands only inches apart, she began to speak in the tongue of demons.

"Azhi...Na'ruk....Fra'zen.....Ma'etna."

These spoken words resounded around them, causing the air to vibrate. though Lucian may not know the meaning of these words, something inside him would possibly resonate.

"Ma'kael....Ga'zeru....Vhitaka....Au'nuruk...."

A faint glow began to shine from between her hands. she slowly began to draw them apart, keeping her eyes closed in concentration. The words she spoke were now filling the air, and it seemed to grow warmer...and a slight buzz could be heard in the air.

"Jukare Vaersa Nur'akin Gry'vastael!"

This final phrase Turned the faintly shining glow in her hands into threads of Writhing black flame.  between her hands, the flame stretched across the breadth of her outstretched arms, and looked like a constant flowing stream.

"Get down!" she shouts at Lucian, before slamming her hands together, compressing the black fire between her palms, and then pushing an orb of the said flames into the air with one hand, held above her head, before she dives to the ground and rolls towards lucian.

As the sphere pierces her barrier, it hangs int he air for a mere 5 seconds...and then explodes with a red light that washes over the barrier, shaking it and causing cracks to form. The trees around them are not burnt by the surging flames, but the gust of air from the explosion causes even the eldest of trees to groan and creak int he wind, as if they were being pulled back to snap.

All of the hobgoblins were killed. nothing else was harmed. Their corpses completely turned to ash, even their bones. the torrent of black flame lasted only a mere 10 seconds....but those ten seconds for sazha, seemed like hours, as she felt the massive amount of energy needed to use such a dangerous spell drain from her body.

Her consciousness began to wane, and she struggled to keep her eyes open....all that she could see, was a blurry vision of Lucian, somewhere in her field of vision. how far or close he was, she  could not tell. All that she could tell, was that he was near. Alive or in pieces ins he did not know. She hoped, that he was alive, and well, as her eyes closed, and she felt the coldness of unconsciousness take her.

- ooc note-
She isnt dead, just knocked out.

Wicked Basket

Lucian instinctively shielded Sazha with his own body as the orb exploded. His demonic hide was immune to the searing flames as the explosion raged around him, but his shirt did not have the same fireproof benefits.

Lucian examined the surroundings once the spell had ended. Everything had been burnt. Even his shirt had been incinerated, but, luckily, his pants were still in tact. He looked down at Sazha and noticed she wasn't moving. She was breathing, but not moving. Lucian knew enough to know what fainting was. He also knew that they should get moving in case more hobgoblins show up. Lucian effortlessly lifted Sazha and cradled her in his arms. His axe turned back into the small object it had been before and he stuck it in his pocket. Lucian started walking. He didn't know where to, but he needed to get himself and Sazha away from this place.

Yvhv

Sazha could feel that they were moving when she regained consciousness, and realzied his bare skin was rubbing against her fur.

"H-how did...your shirt...get burned off.....the spel was...directed to burn nothing but the goblins..."

Looking around and up, she notices the singed trees.

"oh no!...the trees.....ive...ive hurt the trees....."

A sad look crosses her face.

"i am dishonered now...ive hurt the forest....you should probably...just...beat me senseless now.."

Wicked Basket

"You probably exerted yourself too much," Lucian guessed. "Why would I beat you senseless? I have no desire to harm you."

Yvhv

"i've harmed the forest...ive killed trees....a beating is what happens when i do that.....i et beaten brutally....starved...and get told im worhtless and useless....until i am too weak to stand and cant speak...that's what the Guild...That's how they taught me...with mistake, comes punishment..."

she says weakly, and with an almost broken sounded voice.

Wicked Basket

"Why would they do that? That seems awfully extreme for burning a few trees."

Yvhv

"It is how they instill respect, control, and fear....when they are training you to be what i am an assassin....they teach you what pain, suffering, despair....and hate really are...so that you better understand the impact your actions will have on tye people around those you kill. When they train iu for tye inquisition....they teach what true pain and suffering feels likbecause they torture you so you knows what ot feels like...and...if you are a fenale..and you fail....they do things to you that only can be done to women...they break yoyr insides...by doing things....and...make sure your mistakes cannot be passed on to another generation...for those like me...who are sold into the guild as children....if we are non human or elf.....they do things to us then after they buy js...and break us so we cant bear children....to the males...they just take a knife to them....ro females..." she trails off, and a tear forms in her eye and a hand moves over her belly.

Wicked Basket

Lucian began feeling anger build up inside him for the first time in his life.

"Have they done that to you," he managed to ask still with a calm voice.