Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Tears and blood frozen to ice

Started by Anadwen, February 06, 2014, 10:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anadwen

It took Thranuilas a long while to open his eyes, partly delirious from the poison that the arrow head has released into his body, but as he did so, he saw Sapphira above himself. She removed the robes that he wore, revealing his pale skin, covered in crooked scars.

He blinked, his eyes trying to focus at her face, but it came out only as a blur somewhere in the light. It didn't really matter - it was warm inside and he was too tired to think about anything. Usually, it would have concerned him, letting someone see him without a robe or armour, but at this time, he didn't even care that she saw the fresh chain marks that his skin bore.

paganchick

Sapphire placed some herbs around the would partly to numb the wound, but also to keep it from getting infected later. She then took one of her blades, handling it with absolute precision, began to open up the wound a bit more so she could see the arrow head. As soon as she saw it she knew it was poisoned. She took it out quickly and while the would was still open she began to mix up differently liquids and the final ingredient being her blood. 

Anadwen

Thranuilas winced a little when she removed the arrow, although it wasn't nowhere near as bad as it would have been without being already treated. He stared blankly at the ceiling, moving as little as possible.

It could have been hours, and it could have been seconds as she mixed something by his side. He didn't perceive it, anyway.

paganchick

Sapphira then poured the liquid into the wound. It would feel like fire running through his veins and though it was painful it was killing the poison, healing the man. Only thing further he could do was sew up the wound and wait for her blood to heal him.

Anadwen

His mind got suddenly painfully clear as the antidote begun to take effect. For a moment, memories of his youth returned, and he thought that he is once again being used as a test subject, but then he realized that those times are long gone. He bit into his tongue to stop a scream, escaping his mouth. A sole tear rolled out of his eye.

paganchick

Sapphira wiped the tear off his cheek gently. "The pain won't last too long," she spoke gently as she moved to rest the mans head in her lap where she softly ran her hand over his forehead and ran her fingers gently through his hair.

Anadwen

Thranuilas closed his eyes at her soft touch. The pain was beginning to ease, and he finally had a chance to fall asleep and rest. It was soothing to feel her fingers in his hair, and the slow moves soon made him fall asleep.

paganchick

Once the man was asleep she got up, placing a pillow under his head and a blanket over him before moving to the kitchen. She then began to cook a stew, he would need to eat when he woke up.

Anadwen

Thranuilas slept peacefully for a long time, and that was good, as it was the first time when he could afford a long rest during the past few days. It was already late, and he wouldn't wake up unless smacked with a shovel.

paganchick

Sapphira didn't disturb him, she knew he needed his rest to heal from the arrow and the poison. The soup would reheat fine when he woke up. She moved the her chair were she sat down, looking into the fire, feeling it's warmth before finally falling asleep herself.

Anadwen

Late morning. The sun shone through the small windows of the cabin, dimmed by the clouds, onto Thranuilas' figure, coiled up on the ground. He moved softly, still dreaming, and turned around in his sleep. The fire still burned brightly, warming him up.

A long wisp of his silky hair sled into his face, covering his eyes. The sensation pulled him out of his sleep, and he slowly opened his large eyes, blinking in the white light of the morning. For a moment, he had no idea what happened, and his mind was clouded. Where was he, even?

Then the memories returned, and he calmed down from the sudden confusion. He yawned, blowing the hair out of his face, and twisted his head aside, studying the interior of the cabin.

paganchick

Sapphira was curl into a tight ball on a rather plush dark brown chair. Her chest moving slowly up in down proving she was asleep.

The cabin was small but oddly appeared much bigger from the inside than it did from the outside. To the left of the fire place was the kitchen area; there were cabinets, dishes, pots, and even a little table with two chairs. To the right of the fire place was a room that was sections off by a curtain that was partially open; one could see a part of a bed through the opening of the curtain.

Anadwen

Thranuilas, observing the inside of the cabin, instinctively turned around to where Sapphira sat, and saw the sleeping girl. He blinked, still partly desiring to fall asleep again, and stretched his arms, yawning widely.

paganchick

Sapphira's eyes fluttered open as she heard the man yawn. She moved her feet to the floor turning and looking at the man who laid on the floor.
"How are you feeling thing morning? Hopefully better than last night," She spoke before standing, stretching herself.

Anadwen

"Hm?" Thranuilas raised a brow, but his mind soon got the meaning of the question, and he nodded. "I can hardly feel it now... Yes, it's much better. Thank you." he replied, raising a half-smile, and grabbing her chair, he sat up.

paganchick

"That is pleasing to hear though I am positive you still have a ways to recover. The wounds you had were grave," Sapphira replied as she stood, stoking the fire with a poker.

Anadwen

He bent his head a little, raking through his hair. "The real problem was the cold weather outside... I was already getting delirious. I hardly remember a thing. The arrowhead was just a slight inconvenience was it not poisoned... Trust me when I tell you that I saw worse weapons, and felt them, too." His fingers were pressed onto his temples under the red mess of a hair, and he shut his eyes tightly. He still felt partly tired, but it was warm inside, and it felt a thousand more times comfortable than yesterday.

paganchick

"By the looks of it I am sure you have had worse. That is of no matter though. If you are injured you should take care or it, no matter how big or small, poisoned or not," Sapphira spoke as she turned from the fire to look at him.
"You should probably let me look at it," She spoke softly, her hand rubbing her chin.

Anadwen

Shooting a short glance to the side, Thranuilas gave her a slight nod, and reached to unbutton the several layers of robes he wore. The grey fabrics sled aside to expose his chest, though he only pulled them apart as little as possible not to show more of his pale skin with the appearance of cracked porcelain.

His fingers sled down to the sewn wound under his ribs, but he refrained from touching it. It seemed like it didn't yet start healing, but he already got used to that. "I heal slowly, but I will be fine." he assured her, lifting his hand and uncovering the thin red gash.

paganchick

Sapphira moved closer, she didn't seem to notice or mind any of the scars she could see. She herself was covered in scars, hell she had one going across her face. She ran her fingers ever so gently beside the gash. Her fingers where warm, almost hot to the touch.
"It hasn't gotten infected, but since you heal slowly I want to keep a close eye of it. Infection can set in at any point."