Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Moving Targets [Kitty]

Started by Scythe-Nova, January 09, 2015, 02:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scythe-Nova

Three birds flying high in the sky taking care of buisness as usual, Not having a care in the world as they soared through the air. The winds curled around three arrow being strung against a bow and aimed into the sky, Two eyes taking in the flow of wind calculating the exakt moment to release the arrows.

-"... Wind guide my arrows"

A whisper to the wind before a loud twang was heard throughout the forest as the three arrows flew into the sky with incredible speed, They each went in different directions but nevertheless finding their targets without fault. The birds never knew what hit them and once it did they were allready dead, After hitting their marks the arrows curved towards a central point and returning to the ground peircing a large oak tree from three directions.

-"..."

Vivianne rose from her hiding spot in the trees and nimbly climbed down to the ground and calmly making her way towards the place where her arrows struck, She was quiet proud of how well the shot had been and were thinking about how she could train her archery to even further levels. As she arrived in the glade where the large oak were she strapped Cineris onto her back and stepped up in front of the oak looking at the arrows that were deeply wedged in the trunk of the tree.

-"Hmmm?"

She looked at one of the arrows and saw that there were no bird impaled upon the arrow, One of the arrows had missed it's target slightly and a tattered wing was the only thing hanging from that arrow. Vivianne tilted her head and sighed slightly thinking that even with her training and wind reading some feats maybe should be left alone, But it still made her want to try this again when and if the opportunity came again some time later but for the moment she began working to remove the arrows from the trunk of the tree.

Kitty

Having been a good pet to her owner and master Kitty had been allowed a little freedom. Kitty planned on finding and taking all the stuff that had been taken from her when she had first been enslaved. Her first goal was her special bow that had been stolen by the men that captured her. It was both a special bow magically and sentimentally. She had spent the last few weeks tracking the bow thiefs down. The specific person she was targeting had given up the slave trade and turned to smuggling. She had learned his route included an invisible trail through this forest nearby where she resided now. Surveillance was a boring job though and she eventually fell into a nap.

Kitty woke up at the sound of arrows whizzing past her and striking the trunk of the tree which branches she resided on. Kitty peered down below to see who shot the arrows. It was a rather tall women with eyes similar to Kitty's own. She didn't detect any other people around. Did all three arrows come from this women? If so Kitty's interest was peaked. As a fellow archer fan she wondered how the stunt was pulled and continued to watch. Little did she know she wasn't the only one very aware of her surroundings.

Scythe-Nova

Vivianne was in deep thought when she finally noticed the wind of someone above her, it felt strange for her to miss such a thing but maybe she were to focused on her challenging shot to notice the wind of another person.

-"..."

She grabbed hold of the javelin sized arrow that was stuck in the tree and pulled it free before putting it into her quiver, she did the same to the second arrow but when she pulled out the third arrow she grabbed it like a small spear and looked up into the tree and directly at the one hiding there.

-"... Goodmorning..."

She said with a monotone voice as she took a step back from the tree and kept her gaze fixed on to the woman in the tree, She could see her wind clearly now and it was one she saw from time to time a independent and playfull wind definately not of someone seeking to assassinate her.

Kitty

Kitty was shocked to have been discovered. She hadn't made a sound and hardly moved at all. Whoever this was they were incredibly perceptive. "Uh good morning. thats quite an impressive weapon there and how did you know I was here." Kitty asked genuinely curious.

Scythe-Nova

Vivianne looked at the cat featured human with a calm gaze as she talked to her and after a few moments of silence Vivianne put the last arrow back into her quiver.

-"I saw your wind"

She said as if it was the most obvious thing in her world and leaned slightly to the side and put her wheight on her left side as she looked at the woman in the tree with a neutral expression, This woman was a strange creature not really like anyone else she had seen before.

-"What are you doin up there in the tree?"

Kitty

"She saw my wind?" Kitty questioned herself in her thoughts. The best way she could make sense of this was she meant she smelt her. Kitty was under the impression that humans and other similar races had a terrible sense of smell. Kitty continued to think try and think it out in her mind but was cut short when the women below asked a question. "Ummm, I think I forgot. I just woke up. I guess I just decided to sleep up here. Oh wait no now I remember. Someone stole something from me and I'm trying to get it back. I think the person who has it comes through here on occasion. Now its my turn to ask what chu doing down there?" Kitty asked with a smile.

Scythe-Nova

Vivanne listened silently when the woman explained why she were in the tree, When she then asked her what she were doing here Vivanne tilted her head slightly.

-"Nothing much... Just training my archery"

She explained as she gestured towards her bow Cineris that she had on her back, Vivianne sensed no lies from the woman and decided to not distrust her. Though Vivianne was slightly unsure what to do about the smile that the woman was directed at herself, Vivianne could never understand facial expressions since she herself could not make any expressions herself.

-"...I'm Vivianne what is your name?"

She asked after some moments of silence and reached out with her hand towards the woman to shake her hand if she took it, Vivianne thought that the cat like woman seemed nice enough and felt she wanted to know her better.