Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

An IC tournament

Started by Alegretto, February 16, 2014, 09:38:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alegretto

So if there was an event, say a small to medium sized combat tournament in Adela, who would be interested in participating? I'd only post the thread if I can get a number of people to join up.

I was thinking there'd be two main events, a magic one and a sword one. The magic one would be simple, use non-lehal magic to force your opponent out of the ring. If you use magic judged lethal by the judge, you will be disqualified.

In the sword tournament you just fight it out with wooden swords. Every solid hit you take is a point for your opponent; every time your sword hits the ground, and is out of your hand, is a point; and every time you're forced out of the ring is a point. If a point is scored the judge will stop combat and reset both fighters (the player can control the judge as an NPC and judge their own getting hit or otherwise scored upon. If you knock your opponent unconscious, kill them, or are brutal to an unwarranted degree, you will be disqualified. If you're knocked unconscious or severely wounded you will also be disqualified, for your own safety. So you win by scoring five points, or by forcing your opponent to surrender.

Post here if you're interested, and post the character you'd like to RP with. I have no problem with people participating in both arenas of the tournament (with different characters). And post if you have any problems or if you spot something in the rules that you think might need to be addressed.

Wicked Basket

I think it would be cool if there was a League of Legends type thing going on. The two competitors would fight to the death only to be revived once the victor has been decided. That way, people could have their characters beat the ever loving crap out of each others' characters.

Maybe you could add it as a third type of contest for the less civilized or more bloodthirsty that aren't satisfied with nonlethal contests. Just an idea.

Alegretto

The problem with that is I don't know how reliable reviving magic is, and from what kinds of wounds you can recover. Plus it is probably very expensive to hire and maintain the mages/priests/healers who use it. Still, that does sound like an interesting idea and I would love to have a way to make it viable.

Kriv

This sounds interesting, you can definitely sign Kriv ip for the magic tournament!

Anadwen

Yeah, a third contest in which you could just get your opponent to the point of near-death (but not kill him). Then I'd join. Many of my characters are very bloodthirsty and wouldn't be satisfied with a simple point-scoring contest!

Alegretto

Okay. Due to popular demand there will be a third category, free-style where you have to incapacitate your opponent, force them to step out of the ring, force them to admit defeat, or kill them by any means necessary. Hopefully people will admit defeat before any fatalities. Important note: the tournament organizers would like you to know that they cannot be held liable for any injuries received over the course of the tournament.

Anadwen

Quote from: Alegretto on February 16, 2014, 01:52:02 PM
Okay. Due to popular demand there will be a third category, free-style where you have to make your opponent fall unconscious, step out of the ring, or admit defeat by any means necessary. And if you kill your opponent you do win, hopefully they'll admit defeat before it reaches that point, however the tournament organizers would like you to know that they cannot be held liable for any injuries received over the course of the tournament.

I'm joining this! How many characters can enter that? I have straight 3 for it.

Alegretto

Sorry to limit you but no more than one per category due to the risk of someone fighting themselves  :o

So if you wanna join up, post your character's name along with the event in which they are participating, Swords, Magic, or Free-style

Characters can only participate in one event each to eliminate the chance that they'll have to be in two places at once.

Wicked Basket

Yay! Freestyle! Gutztomp is pleased.

DaGlobster

I'd like to sign up Herrick for the Sword and Borzclubb for the free-style.

Anadwen

signing up Thranuilas for magic, Aldanith for freestyle, possibly Athran or Anoriel for the sword one.

Wicked Basket

Borzclubb and Gutztomp just have to fight each other. They just HAVE to.

DaGlobster

They kinda do. It'll be the best tie in the history of ties.

Anadwen

Are there any armour and weapons restrictions etc.?

Alegretto

Not in freestyle. For magic anything is fine as long as its not pre-enchanted in any way. You are provided wooden swords and leather armor for the swords competition.

Anadwen

So in freestyle you can use your most massive gear to make yourself invincible just as well as show off and fight in a scrap of cloth...

that might be useful.