Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Blood and Dragons [Pagan]

Started by Zero, February 23, 2014, 04:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

"Violent magic seems more common among dragons, I am sorry about your losses. It is not easy to be the last." Tatsu let his hand drop back to his side when she refused his help walking. Though he really thought she should just allow him to help. That was what he was there for, after all.

"The direction we would go would depend entirely on where you want to go, would it not? What kind of shelter do you prefer while you recover? Would you prefer something remote and away from humans or would you prefer hiding at a human dwelling?" He said quietly, still watching her in case he thought she was about to fall over.

paganchick

"I like to recover by myself, especially away from humans, I don't really trust them," Sapphira admitted with a tired sigh. She could really use a nap.
"So I still don't completely understand why you are helping me, you don't have too."

Zero

"Because I want to help, do I need another reason?" He didn't wait for a response to that. Honestly, there wasn't further motivation than a simple desire to help someone that needed helped.

"Perhaps a cave of some kind can be found to shelter in?" Tatsu suggested. After all, caves were where he usually chose to curl up in his dragon form to rest both mind and body.

paganchick

"I am just not use to strangers helping me," Sapphira admitted with a shrug. She slowly walked away from the tree, her movements slow to keep the pain at a minimum.
"A cave is more suited if I was changed," She spoke, now seeming to be talking more to herself than to Tatsu.
She looked back over to Tatsu, "Is that what you would suggest?"

Zero

Tatsu followed Sapphira, keeping a few steps behind to give her room. He didn't want to crowd her, she seemed uncomfortable with the idea of a stranger helping to begin with, he didn't want to risk having her demand he leave.

"Do you think you could even change in your state? As a dragon you would likely be better equipped to defend yourself. However, I do no know if changing will cause you undue pain. I suggest a cave in human or dragon form. You will be out of the elements and out of sight of predators."

paganchick

Sapphira knew that changing would probably cause some pain, she also knew that he was right. She would be much better equipped to keep herself safe in that form though, unless her helpful stranger was going to stay and keep her safe.

"I am sure I could change, I change into this form shortly before you found me. I am rather bulky in my true form though. I think it would be much easier to find a cave I could comfortable fit in this size," Sapphira replied.

Zero

"Then I suggest you remain in your human form for now. We will find a cave for you to rest in until you have regained some of your strength." Tatsu gazed around him with a frown, they were in a forest for now, but he had passed over some hills on his way here, hadn't he? That was likely the best place to look.

"You are very tired, and it might take a long time to find you shelter like this. Perhaps flying is the better option - if you will let me carry you."

paganchick

Sapphira stood silent for a long time, she wasn't sure about his offer. She was a mighty dragon, it was hard for her to even considering letting him carry her. It simply hurt her pride too much. She considered trying to turn back but knew even if she could manage that she was in no shape for flying.
"I-I simply don't know," She spoke softly, a momentary lapse in her usual confident, sure, air that she carried herself in.

Zero

Tatsu sighed, wondering how far she could walk before he'd have to carry her anyway. "We are in the middle of a forest and alone. Who would ever know that you were carried except you and I? Would you not rather I carry you a short while than you push yourself until you collapse?"

paganchick

"That is the point. I would know. All I have left is my pride. Everything else has been ripped from me. My family, my kind, my culture all I am left with is my pride and their ghosts," Sapphira spoke looking down. The finality of everything settling in. She had expected her vengeance to be sweeter.

Zero

"Ah." Tatsu said in quietly as he studied her more closely for a few moments. Sighing softly he stepped in front of her and looked down at her with a surprisingly gentle expression, given his tendency to be rather expressionless. "Sapphira, pride is not a bad thing, until you have too much or you cling too tightly to it. Accepting help does not hurt your pride unless you let it."

paganchick

Sapphira looked up at Tatsu then down to the ground, letting out a deep sigh. She suddenly looked exhausted.
"It is pretty clear we come from very different cultures," She spoke softly. She could count on one hand how many times she had excepted help from anyone, especially a complete stranger. Her people so valued there independence and strength, in the end, that very well could have been there downfall. She actually had never had someone so adamant to help her, she found it hard to understand. She squeezed the bridge of her nose silent as if weighing her options, the few she had.