Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The March to Ajhfeld

Started by visualspice, February 24, 2014, 02:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slightly Awkward New Guy

Well, he tried to get out of this. Unhappy about the prospect, he picked up a blade and held it with both hands. It was heavy, but nothing Alex wasn't used to handling. He examined it carefully. The blade was a bit rushed, but he did have to make a lot of them. Still, it was a relatively easy job, if time consuming. He held the blade in front of him in a basic grip that felt alright. Of course, he wasn't ready for this. The most combat he had seen lately was that one small scuffle with that demon thing.

He took a deep breath and charged forward, swinging the sword in a wide arc from his left shoulder diagonally downwards. As he swing it, the blade itself turned red as it began to heat up before setting on fire. The flames, while hot, didn't melt the blade, though it glowed with heat. The runes inside of it sparked the chemical reaction needed for fire and contained it in a flickering field around the blade.

All Alex could hope for is that she would dodge, block, or something. He didn't want to hurt her. He didn't want to hurt anyone.

visualspice

Igna, having selected a sword as well from the arsenal, gave it a few brisk test swings to get used to the weight of it. But when she saw the metal hum and come to life with flames, her eyes went wide as she stared at it, momentarily mesmerized. But recalling her position and the Duke himself was watching (of all persons) she quickly returned to her readied position and never let her eyes leave her opponent's form, even as the flames of her weapon were now flickering just at the edge of her sight.

When Alex moved forward, she could tell his swing was with little effort, and it took little effort to block. She used one of the shields from the stock, and the metal of the blade clunk off of it, but as Igna braced herself behind it, she was unscathed- as was the shield, despite the flaming weapon that had struck it.

Anxious to test this enchanted sword herself, she wasted little effort in thrusting her own blade forward, catching it to his and striking hard. And while the two did mock bottle, the duke simply watched.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Alegretto

((OOC: I'm hoping this is what you want Spice, but I can change things as needed, honestly I'm not super sure what's going on in this thread at this point so again, if there are any problems please speak up.))

Tertius made his way through the camp on his horse, looking for Blaithe. His nephew's messenger had arrived several days prior with the signal that it was time to meet up. His army was outside of Blaith's encampment, waiting to be reintegrated with the other army. Tertius was hoping that he could find his nephew and get the whole process started. The logistics of it were difficult and it would take some time, so better to get started early.

He'd asked around the camp, and he was slowly zeroing in on Blaith's position when he noticed a crowd. Sure enough, there was his nephew, watching what looked like a sparring match. Tertius approached the man, who didn't see him, and said, "My Lord, I received your message and I have arrived, the other half of your army with me."

visualspice

The second Blaith spotted his Uncle, he flashed the man a smile and raised his hand.
"No need to continue this. You are both dismissed. Leave the enchanted weapons where they are, and you.." he gestured to Igna, stay watch while I talk to our general."

And Blaith met him a few good strides from where Igna now dropped her weapon as she turned to Alex and told him stiffly, "You heard the Duke."
And as the weapons were all placed into a pile, she peered over at the duke curiously, before noticing Jacen. Had the man been watching the fight?
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

With the Duke distracted Jacen picked up the sword that Igna had dropped and examined it.

"Magic, huh," he asked. "Did it even feel any different from a regular sword? What's so special about it?"

It just seemed like a sword to him. Sure it burst into flames and all that, but what was the point of a burning sword. Maybe if you were fighting at night and needed light or something, but beyond that it was just overkill. A flaming sword would just cauterize all the wounds that it caused and make it less effective overall. That just didn't make much sense to him.

visualspice

"I think the idea is placing fear into our enemies," Igna said as she went to catch her breath. "If you see your enemies wielding fire, and you are one who fears magic, you will create a hesitation, or fear among your enemy. Plus it couldn't hurt if you wanted to light someone, or something on fire."

Wicked Basket

"If I see someone wielding fire I just shoot them before they reach me," Jacen replied. "I still think this is overkill."

Jacen dropped the sword back onto the ground.

"So where did you learn to fight like that? Surely you didn't learn all of that from just the normal training routine."

visualspice

"Each person is entitled to an opinion," she replied simply. "And the training I've gone through was anything but the usual. We do more drills than are required by the primary army, and only have half a day of rest to ourselves. With constant training and repetition, it's not too difficult for even a novice to know how to swing. Just build up the memories of the movements, and the rest will follow. It's like anything else, really. Once you've one it long enough, it just becomes natural- like when a child learns to walk. Though I doubt my technique is anywhere near perfect, we have an excellent teacher. But no, before I joined, I had no other formal training." But at this she smirked.
"Unless you count me fighting the other children in my town with sticks when I was younger. I suppose one could count that as sword play." And she paused, her smile growing just a bit. "And I always won at those sorts of games."
And she had never considered she'd ever put such a 'skill' to practical use. Then again,s he never imagined she'd be joining up to fight against this war.

Wicked Basket

"I was never much of a fighter," Jacen told her. "That's probably why I'm a rifleman. I don't have to see the death I cause up close."

Jacen fell silent as he was bombarded with a series of flashbacks. He didn't like killing. Every time he pulled the trigger and watched a body drop, he cringed a little of the inside. With every one of his fellow Connlaothians that he killed, Connlaoth began feeling less and less like his home. Hopefully it wouldn't always be this way. He didn't want his sister to grow up living in the same hell that he had to endure every day.

visualspice

"Perhaps you've got it lucky then. I can't boast to any kills, but it would be impractical to assume other wise. Death will happen, either to me, or by my hands. Or perhaps both. It's just the nature of the beast. A horrible hell that's necessary, to procure a future that's anything but this."

Wicked Basket

"I guess you're right," Jacen said solemnly. "Though I don't consider myself lucky, I do suppose it is necessary in this circumstance. It's just that with every man I kill, I feel further from home even though I never left."

visualspice

"Yes, this war is tearing this country apart. It must end, ... Or there could be nothing left but a husk of what Connlaoth once was. And it will become as desolate as the Fell."