Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Pride and Pestilence

Started by visualspice, March 12, 2014, 01:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: Thread for Goblins! I was listening to E.S. Posthumus - Nara when I wrote this :T *shares the link*

--------

Across the landscape the Kilanthro's stretched, farther than the eye could see as jagged, crags of beauty that pierced into the very clouds of the blue skies above. The lands here were lush and self contained, with rarely any piece unveined by streams and wrinkled rolling hills. Though the grounds were rocky, what vegetation took hold thrived as tall trees and valleys now flourished with late summer blooms.

A North wind swept in between the mountain pass, tossing her dark hair as Lady Davina made her way along the rocky path. The path hugged the side of a mountain like the natural coil of a serpent and soon her porcelain skin was coated in a thin layer of sweat. She was breathing heavier now as the path grew steeper, a flush capping most of her skin- from the exposed flesh of her shoulders, to her ample bosom nearly spilling out from the confines of her dress.

By the time she had made it to the top of the path, the summer sun rose higher than the mountains and broiled the world beneath it in waves of heat that distorted the lands. The air, appearing dry, clung to her sweat in a stifling warmth as she paused at a crest in the path.

She over looked the cliff side towards the towering stone aqueducts that extruded out from the mountain sides. Part of her knew it was foolish, but she had done it before-a nd she was going to do it again. Bending over, she wasted no time unlacing her boots and casting them side, leaving them to rest in the small shadow beside a knee high boulder that was slowly melting away from the ever rising, steaming sun. With her feet exposed, she crawled her way over the stony, cragged lip of the path and onto the uneven terrain of the gully's peak.

Though some of the path splintered and cracked beneath her weight, she ignored the droplets of pebbles that broken free and trickled into the ravine below. Though one wrong step was deadly, and there was barely any mountainside or vegetation in which to grope. But pampered feet gripped into the rough terrain, and the thrill of the mountain winds rushing through her clothes and hair sent a prickling sensation up her spine and electrified across her skin.

And onward she walked, layers of white skirts in one hand, and her other pressing flat against the hot stone of the mountain side as she walked along the thin line of harsh terrain between the mountain- and the tall, stone aqueduct before her. At the end of the rocky grounds she paused to where a six foot gap stood between her and the man made structure. She was catching her breath and recovering her nerve before pushing off the mountain side as she leaped into the air.

Catching the side of the aqueduct, she gripped it fierce, though sweaty fingers stumbled once, she ignored the pebbles that flaked off and tumbled into the valley below as she pulled herself up onto the outter stone lip of the aqueduct before crawling to her knees, and rising to her feet. Now her shadow spilled across the fresh smell of the trickling mountain waters that gushed cooly down the path, and her eyes shimmered in wander- appearing to mimic the same dancing glitter of the fresh spring water's surface. And it was here she turned around, back to the mountain, eyes upon the world- as another wild wind swept around her and carried her emotions up towards the sky as a thrill rose through her and she threw her shoulders backa nd proudly stood without fear-  at the top of the world.

Nothing could be seen above or below her. It was as if she were walking on the clouds- and the power and fear that swelled within her breast was enough to make the woman begin to shake with pride. The smile that soon followed consumed her painted lips as she took in all of Hellvion- like a Goddess from the Sky.

This would be all her's someday. This land- once ruled by the blood of her ancestors. Soon, it would be time for their family to make it's claim.

Hours later, Davina came riding home on the back of a black stallion, lady like with her legs daintily laying to one side. As she pulled around the sharp bend of a grassy hill, the half-timber, stone building of her family's keep pulled into view. A smile touched her lips as she guided her horse to the front of the building, and was immediately greeted by their front door servant, Erique.

"See that he is brushed and fed when you take him to the stable. See that Andrew makes his coat shine. And ensure he has ample fresh water," she told him as she yanked off her gloves and tucked them beneath her left arm. Her green eyes went to his as he nodded, and she nodded briskly in returned, before turning away and stepping in through the main doors of her home. Etta was there to open the door was usual, and bowed her head properly out of respect for her lady. And whatever it was Etta said, Davina ignored and made her way towards the grand staircase to return to her room. But it was here she paused at the foot of the steps as she found herself beneath the glaring gaze of her elder brother.

"Hello, Davishire," she said coolly as she worked at untieing the lace of her bonnet. She shook her hair free and tapped out the invisible debris that had been resting inside. "You're home early."

"I've been home all day," he snapped.  Davina rolled her eyes and simply walked past him from the landing, but her brother, in his impatience, snatched onto her arm as he growled.

"What? Are you going to bite me?" she told him through a pout, which coaxed another deep throated growl from him. "Be careful, I might just let you." She told him, leaning in real close as if to give her brother a kiss onthe lips before she skirted past him- leaving him to wallow in the afterglow of her perfume.

Rigidly, he turned to her and called after her in a bark as she was making her way up the second tier of the grand stairs.
"Three men came to call on you, Davina. Three. Not including Lance Elderscott who joined us at breakfast."

Davina's chuckle was soft as she smiled.
"Only three?" She let Davishire's growl become background noise as she waved him off. "Save your breath. Or come talk to me in the bathing room." And as her heels clicked on the hard wood floors of the hall, she noticed Toddie and gestured to her maid.
"A fresh bath. Make it warm and bubbly- and extra water." And she tossed a wink back toward her grumbling brother who had just arrived from storming up the stairs. "Just in case my brother wants to share."

Davishire, red faced, bared his teeth at Davina.
"You know the party is within the hour."

Davina rolled her eyes. "And?"

"And you look as if you'd just come back from one of your sex parties."

Davina, annoyed, scoffed and turned away from him as she planted her hands on her hips.
"As if you'd know a thing about sex parties," she said, giving a fluff to her dark hair.

"Davina..."

Smirking, she turned her attention back to him and draped one arm over his broad shoulder before leaning in and kissing his cheek.
"Happy Birthday, brother. I know I forgot to wish you that earlier." Her grin grew more smug at his blush. "I'll be ready in time for our guests. Don't you worry." And being so close to him, she took the time to lightly brush a loose strand of his hair away from his forehead.

Davishire gave a snort, but Davina's short display of affection seemed to put a lid on his anger for the moment. So she turned away from him and with an extra sway to her hips, disappeared into the bathing room.

Davishire simply glared at the door long after it had closed. Oh how he loathed his sister. She was shameless. But she was still his blood- but at her age...
What could be done of her? He wondered if he'd have to force her into a marriage, before she ruined her reputation even more- and even his. But he hadn't gotten a chance to ask his sister about... the letter. He had invited Lady Illi Treyburn, a woman of.. lesser social standing than all of his fmily would hve liked- but she was the lady where his current affections resided, and it was the fact he hadn't heard the woman's response in her attendance that had him the most anxious for such an event. What if she never got his invitation? Or the letter that followed? What if she didn't show or want to come? He was against the party from the start, but Davina's subtle reminder he was unwed lead him to a quiet agreement and quickly found his birthday ball's fate now rested in his sister and mother's hand.

And speaking of his mother, as he left one terrible female- he ran int the other. But he simply scowled at her and waved her off.
"Your daughter is back, and I have nothing more to say to you."

But his mother stopped him in the hall and looked at him sharply.

"Davishire, don't forget we're here to represent. And if you fail to talk to the Duchess of Hellvion and prove your worth here tonight... well.." She sighed, her tired old eyes looking him over as her frown deepened. "You might be the ruin of us all."  He wanted to remind his mother Davina might be the ruin of them all, but steeled his tongue as he bristled under his mother's attentions.

"I'm going to my room to finish preparing for this evening."And with a rigid bow, he left his mother standing alone in the hall.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

GoblinFae

In a quiet room of a home known as Headdon Hall, a dark-haired man struggled before a mirror as he attempted to arrange his clothes properly. His fingers felt clumsy despite his outward calm and he sighed heavily several times out of frustration.

"You're fussing like a girl," a young voice chirped from behind him, causing Ithel to falter slightly before smiling and looking at his sister through the reflection. Her hair was still wet as it dripped down her back, soaking into her thick purple robe.

"Am I now, T? What makes you say that?"

"You're restless." Thrya commented moving to stand beside her much taller brother and tug on his sleeve. He obediently crouched to be at her level so that she could smooth out the shoulders of his jacket and adjust his cuffs. "What would you do without me?"

"I surely do not know," he murmured softly. His dark eyes that seemed so cold to those that did not know him clouded with his concern. He was nervous and his keen little sister recognized it. She gave him a hug before ushering him to stand and finish up.

"You shouldn't worry though. Rhodi's already asleep. Kermie and Keeleigh are playing but will go to bed soon. Mama was having a good day so she should have a good night."

"And you, Miss Know-All?"

"Why I'm going to wait for you to come home so we can celebrate our victory of course!" The nine year old rolled her eyes and huffed with all the attitude of a preteen girl. She crossed her arms and tried to give Ithel the evil mom-eye but only caused him to laugh and pat her head lovingly.

"Will you sleep if I promise to wake you?" The face she made said 'absolutely not' but he let it go, finally stepping away from the looking glass and placing his hands on her shoulders. "To bed my little soldier. At least pretend for my sake!"

"To battle!" she cried racing off with him following only few strides behind.

Worries about the ball flooded from his mind for the moment as Ithel enjoyed his time with his younger siblings. The twins had joined in and were smacking Thrya with pillows before all three dived into bed and he kissed them each good night. A servant would watch over his family while he was gone, yet he could not help the way his nerves felt like they were on fire.

Ithel loved his family and would do anything to protect them. Following his father's footsteps was the only way he could see that done in his mind. If he could not succeed then at least he had tried. A sigh, a final smoothing of carefully picked attire and he was out the door and on his way to the celebratory ball for the anniversary of one Davishire Callister's birth.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

visualspice

Davina Callister laid back in the tub, seemingly to haven't a care in the world. Though truthfully, beneath the cool exterior her heart was beating fast, and the excitement of the ball sent thrills through her body. To think, tonight could be the night to impress- with the Duke and Duchess of Hellvion present, and a sea of men to explore- this evening, she just knew, was going to be everything she dreamed for.

Years of preparing and centuries of blood line carried within her the possible rebirth of power- even if she would not be the woman behind the throne. No... unfortunately for her, if her elder brother succeeded in ensuring the current Duke makes it apparent and known he is next in line...
She was not certain of her own place in all of this. Though dutiful, she'd be at Davishire's side..
But what else?

Would this not open doors to new men? New power? New money and wealth?T he idea tickled her and she stepped out from the bath, had her servants towel her and as she began to prepare herself for the ball. And as the corset was being secured in her black and green velvet dress, she heard a knock on the door.

"Come in."

It was Davishire, and she saw his glowering expression in her mirror as she gave him a wicked smile.

"You look as if you drank soured milk." And she gave her brother an adoring pout before waving off her ladies that were in mid cinch. Stepping up from her padded bench, she strolled over to her brother's side. His frown only deepened.

"You're goign to be late. The guests will be arriving at any moment. The Dupree's carriage is already being taken to the stables."

Davina rolled her eyes. "Then I shall be fashionably late, won't I. Can't have them seeing me half dressed now can we?" She teased, knowing full well she was nearly falling out of her dress. Her brother glared at her.

"I will see you down at the ball." And with that, he left the room with an angered closing of the door. And a smile daintily touched Davina's lips as she turned away from the door and took her seat before the mirrors, and gestured for her ladies to continue to fuss over her again.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

GoblinFae

Other carriages had already arrived by the time Ithel's own relatively simple looking one arrived. Where others could be seen adorned with all sorts of fancy decorations, his carriage's only adornment was the old family crest that it seemed many of the current arrivals did not seem to recognize.

'So it begins,' he mused, donning a placid expression as his long strides had him joining the growing line of nobles waiting to make their entrance and wish the guest of honor a happy birthday and following year to come.

As he waited, Ithel listened to the idle gossip and whispers around him. Some concerned the war, while others talked of the Callister family, still more were beginning to ask amongst themselves who the dark-haired young man among their flock was. He remained calm and unphased, keeping quiet as he took it all in so as to use the information later. So far it was all going according to plan.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

visualspice

Other gossip, he might over hear, revolved around the lady of the house. A certain woman named Davina.

"I'm sure she'll be present. She's always seen at these events," one man sneered.

"Yes, but I heard she's a gorgeous looking woman. And still, unwed?" Another said.

The first man continued his sneer and clasped his hands idly behind his back. "Yes, gorgeous, stunning, beautiful, but the woman's hardly a proper catch for a wife. Did you hear what she did to Lord Bressick?"

"And not to mention Lord Voldport."

"And Kenning Mesteron." The first man added with a shake of his head.

"And Lester Davit, Lord Morkem, and Sir Daniel Wiley."

Yes, it seemed war was a hot topic, but so was the missing dark haired beauty who was still securing the last bits of her ensemble. For even as her maids made haste to have her ready- an ivory, gold painted pin to her hair, and curls here and there and pearls strung throughout it; it was the over excessive crowning piece of jewel that now hung across her heavy, nearly bursting breasts (for she always wore her dresses as low cut as she could get away with- and her corset, as tight as it could be so that her prized assets of womanhood could be proudly flaunted.), that was the source of a new sort of pride. She always did love to show off her jewels.

It was, after all, how she ended up bedding Lord Bressick... and Lord Voldport, Kenning Mesteron,  Lester Davit, Lord Morkem and Sir Daniel Wiley- to name a few of her more recent victims. And each of those men she had twisted so tightly around her fingers, they believed they were in love with her-
ANd even after the heart break, some probably still were.

Peering back into the mirror, she admired her face, and her delicate, soft white skin and dark long lashes that framed vibrant green eyes that matched the primary color of her dress. Black and green- with golden threads woven throughout to make her dress lush and exquisite.  And now, stepping away from her mirror and ladies- the lovely Lady Davina Callister was ready for some fun.

But elsewhere her brother was not.
The duchess of Hellvion had yet to arrive, as well as a certain other guest he was nervous for. He was sweating beneath his suit, adjusting the tight collar of his ensemble as his eyes impatiently cleaved through the crowd for any such sight of Lady Illi Treyburn-
Except there were none. ANd he had to remain, rigid and standing where he was, as each guest was introduced towards him- and the look on Lord Davishire Callister's face showed that of complete boredom, but evidently enough- some form of agitation- and more whispers confirmed as to why.

"Ah, Lord Callister, looking as dreadful as always."

"That scowl is enough to scare any promising young lady off. It's no surprise why he never married."

"Maybe he's the reason his sister is so awful."

"Yes, it would make sense. Perhaps he scares away all her lovers. Though I doubt the dark haired beauty is so innocent," the one man sneered. ANd it was only then his sneer turned towards a dark haired stranger. Not knowing who or what he was, the men all gossiping stepped away- to continue their conversation elsewhere from prying ears.

GoblinFae

It brought him a great deal of amusement to hear that a great number of nobles had fallen prey to the Lady Davina's nature. 'You would think listening to the rumors would deter them from becoming another notch in her bedpost. Fools! Although using her nature against her might prove fruitful. Still a wise decision to keep clear of her reaching grasp. Best not to be another fly caught in the ointment.'

When at last it was his turn to be presented before the Callister family, Ithel reminded himself to be on his best behavior even as he gave his name for announcing. The steward blinked and looked at him in confusion and disbelief. The dark-haired noble nodded his head in affirmation, fighting to keep the smirk from his lips at the impatient grumbles and whispers coming from behind him.

"Lord Ithel Conlaoch of Turgall and Hellvion," the nervous man finally declared, his eyes darting back and forth between the Callister family and their strange guest. Ithel took it all in stride though, stepping forward with a warm smile and offering his hand in greeting to the extremely tall male before him.

"Many happy returns on this the anniversary of your birth, Lord Callister," he spoke softly yet with confidence. "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

Lady Grace Callister's face went long at the mention of their next guest, and visibly, one of her eyes twitched. But as it was her name sake,s he kept her airs about her, her face remaining placid as quickly as she could conceal the surprise as she bowed her head to him-
Though it seemed her son was glancing elsewhere and as she debated giving her son a kick, Davishire finally turned to Ithel. It appeared, almost, as if the taller lord hadn't heard his title.

"Lord Conloach," he said with a rigid bow. "It is.. a delight to see you present." Though his dark eyes flashed over the smaller man as if sizing him up. He was no fool. That name meant competition- something he would be ignorant of if it were not for the incessant gossip from his mother and sister.

GoblinFae

His hand smoothly returned to his side as Ithel offered his own half-bow in return. "I will not keep you from your guests but would be honored to speak with you more should you find yourself with a moment. We have made heard many things of your family in Turgall. I would be delighted to hear more from such an esteemed gentleman himself."

Ithel turned, bowing respectfully as he murmured quick greetings to the other members of the household. He paused before the Callister matriarch, complimenting her beauty before inquiring as to the health of the Lady Davina. "She has made quite the name for herself among my cousins. More than a few have returned with broken hearts and her honeyed named upon their lips. I would be remiss as a gentleman if I did not pass on their well-wishes."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

Lady Callister was not amused by his statement, and she outwardly showed it with as much of a cool grace as she could muster. And evidently, a cold shoulder as she raised her nose and chin at his remarks.

"She remains fashionably late, Lord Conlaoch. Please, do enjoy your evening." And move along, as she did not want to deal with him. She would have had Devin on him like a hound had her youngest son been present, but as it turns out, he was not to be here and she wondered, idly, where the hell Davina was. Fashionably late- that girl was goign to get a smack after the ball if she didn't get her ass down here soon! How could she not be here FOR THIS.

GoblinFae

"By your leave then," he murmured, backing away to allow the next person to greet the family. He appeared to be the pariah of the evening as he moved amongst the crowd. Ithel was not included in their tight, familiar circles yet it did not bother him. He was here to begin the process of creating his own group, not joining the bottom of their hierarchy.

He wandered from place to place, taking in the decorations about the manor all the while listening to the whispered words of the people around him. 'Thrya wouldn't have liked it here. Far too stuffy for her. Pity that the Lady Davina has yet to make an appearance. I wouldn't be surprised if she was the life of the party.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

Speak of the devil and she will come, for long after the main guests had arrived, Lady Davina finally showed her face. And as she came down the long, winding broad staircase; all eyes turned to her. And this was the moment she adored.  One foot in front of the other, she strolled with pride from stairway to floor where she found her place just at her mother and brother's side, but not before walking through the eager throngs of the crowd and catching the attention of everyone present within the room.  This was her moment, and she had already made her mark for the evening. And it had only just begun.

GoblinFae

Ithel had been looking at a painting, his back to the staircase when the dark beauty began to make her way into the room. The sudden change in the conversation flow around him caused him to turn and notice her.

For the briefest of moments an appreciate small tugged at the corners of his lips as he appraised her. There had been no lie in the rumors, Davina Callister truly was a very pretty woman. It was no wonder she had been so successful in luring men into being her eager pawns. Already he could see a group of noblemen flocking towards the base of the steps in hopes of catching her attention and her arm.

He chuckled softly to himself, shaking his head in amusement before turning back to the painting. Perhaps the evening would not be as droll as he thought. Ithel could only imagine the amount of rumors and half-truths he would gather now that the queen of the party had entered her domain. It was fascinating to him how already the room was rearranging itself to suit the shift in hierarchy.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

Lady Grace Callister was jealous of her daughter's beauty, and while she and Davishire stood rigidly at the front, she cast a look around the room before her green eyes met to Davina's as she whispered to her, "You're late."

Davina grinned.
"I know." Fluffing at her hair, the delicate pearls laced throughout chimed about before settling in her dark locks as her eyes scouted around. But something caught her attention, elsewhere.. across the room. A single man she did not know with dark hair- a man who, for some reason, when she had caught him beside a painting, didn't pay her the time of day.

Well, she'd be sure by the end of the night he would. Not letting it fluster her in the least, she remained a radiant star among the masses of men who came to pay their respects to her- which only stopped the moment the Duke and Duchess of Hellvion arrived, and it was abit of a deflating moment to find out that the Duke would not be present, when the Duchess and her daughter, Lady Aella, were presented to the family.

And just like that- the party had begun.

GoblinFae

The evening began to pick up for Ithel by the time the Duchess and her unmarried daughter arrived. He took great amusement in seeing how the room politically rearranged itself in response. Some of his own recently acquired group of lower nobles immediately flitted away without the suave tact of their more experienced peers.

While he continued working on gathering a political foundation in Hellvion, Ithel kept his ears open and his eyes sharp as watched the Callister family. Davishire looked distracted and possibly even anxious. Grace was exasperated and the fashionably late Davina worked her magic about the room. It was obvious to the nobleman that she would be one of the many challenges he would have to overcome though he was unaware just how much a challenge she would be.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

The evening went on without a hitch, and Davina kept a stellar performance to wrap a few new men around her fingers. Though even this bored her, and soon enough she was turning to fine wine and sipping it out on the veranda, and contemplating how to spice up her evening. That's when she spotted the man from earlier.

Her mother hadn't given her the low down, for Davina was in her own little world and left before Grace Callister had a chance, and the young Davina spared only one glance in his direction all evening, but kept him within sight, studying him from the corner of her eyes. So whens he was flirting with men and letting them gush upon her, she was really sizing up the quiet man in the corner. After all, to her- he was fresh meat.

But now, she found herself alone,a nd wondered if the dark haired 'stranger' would consider keeping the lovely lady company...
After all, she was jutting out her plump, breasts, making them appear ripe for the picking- and her bustle did wonders to make that silhouette of her ass all the more resistible, as she fiddle with a bit of her skirts, lifting up sjust enough of it to expose some of the flesh of her leg.

GoblinFae

To say that Ithel had not noticed Davina would have been a lie. He most certainly had noticed the woman, seen her exit to the veranda by herself to sip from her goblet in peace. It took a great deal of trained decorum to keep from laughing at her obvious displays. While he could not say he did not find her at least somewhat attractive, Ithel found that she was trying far too hard for a woman of her beauty. If she simply toned things down she probably would attract more men in his opinion.

He considered approaching her when a few shy young woman slunk up besides him and engaged him in tentative conversation. He readily joined them, making them laugh and relax in no time with a sweet compliment and a well-placed smile. The noblewoman in the shadows was not forgotten but temporarily put out of his mind.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

To see her prey so easily snatched up irked her- but who was she to let something go quite so easily? The night was young, and she took this moment to smooth down her dress and lean against the veranda, all the while sipping at length of her drink. WHen it was nearly empty, she gave a sigh and let the small remains swish about at the bottom.

But her eyes were now locked upon Ithel Connlaoch, who was...somehow.. STILL distracted by those other girls- and as she took the time to observe the other guests, she noted how terrible her brother seemed. What a train wreck he was! Shaking her head, she left the veranda as silent as the shadows, so when Ithel were to look back (if he were ever to do that)- he'd find the woman who had once been preening in preparation for him now gone-

And now was slinking up beside her brother.
"You look atrocious. Come now, rub off that scowl and fix your suit. I dare say you look like hell." And as she fussed over his clothing, Davishire waved her off.

"Bah, leave me be, woman," he snarled. "This is my party, I'll feel however I want!"

And to see him puff up so over her attentions made her roll her eyes as she gave a shrug of her shoulders. "Speak for yourself. You represent our family name, Davishire. Need I remind you of that again? Or shall I find mother and have her attend to you?"

Davishire growled at such a statement.
"I do not need someone to watch after me. I'm a man,a nd a man of our home-"

"Then... dear brother," Davina interrupted prettily. "Act like it." And she stole a kiss to his cheek before moving away, green eyes seeking Ithel once again in the crowd. Her brother needed some work, but so did she- and she had to make sure the reasons she suspected his glumness would never.... suddenly appear. for she was no fool- she knew her brother pined for Miss Jillian Treyburn-a nd she would have none of it.

Sweeping back into the crowds, she procured a second drink and downed nearly half of it before catching sight of Ithel again and oh....
this time he was alone. Fetching up a second drink, she strolled on over to approach her prey from behind, and gave her throat a clearing before stepping up towards his side.

"The night is young, but I saw you standing here alone and thought 'That man needs a drink'," ANd she handed him over the soft, yellow colored wine. "It's a famous flavor from Hellvion- go ahead. Try it. I'm sure you won't be disappointed."

GoblinFae

Ithel bowed in greeting at first sight of the infamous Lady Davina. 'At last the games may begin in earnest.' He kept his eyes trained above the neckline without giving himself any strain as he accepted the proffered drink with a gentle smile.

"My thanks kind Lady, though I must wonder as to what makes you think you understand what would bring my joy or disappointment. Have you studied me long enough from your shadowed balcony so as to know the deepest inner-workings of my simple mind?" He watched her with amusement over the rim of his goblet, neither drinking nor raising his tone into an ungentlemanly pitch.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

Davina's green eyes sparkled as the man was able to keep his eyes above her chest. That feat alone was impressive- but then again, so were his words. Quirking a brow, her grin grew wider.
"I see, so you've been watching me?" she inquired, lifting her drink to her lips to take a hearty sip. "At least, long enough to notice I've been watching you. And what you are puzzles me, or rather, who you are. Though I can't say your face is familiar- perhaps if you were so generous as to share with me your name...?"

GoblinFae

"I believe fair lady it is hard to miss a lone woman whose gaze rests so heavily upon one's shoulders. Does it bother you that I noticed? I would have thought given your actions it would please you. You certainly seemed to be having some difficulties with your attire to not draw most of the room's attention, desired or not. I must say though my dear your face is without a doubt is quite familiar to me."

He too paused to sip of his drink, making no expression as to say whether he liked it or not. If Ithel was honest he found that he missed the spices of his birthplace but he was not at liberty to say such things when he seemed to have caught Davina's full and undivided attention.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Tags: