Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Blossoms

Started by Anadwen, March 15, 2014, 12:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anadwen

The article... Off course. It took Seiki only a few minutes to scan the lines with his eyes, and no more than that for the pieces in his mind to click. "Horrific..." he muttered.

"That's... Terrible." His face, usually so calm and graceful, was shifted in horror and surprise. Those marks weren't unknown to him, and his father taught him how to read some, though without any provided picture, he couldn't do anything.

One of his hands softly wrapped around Amaria's shoulders. "I suppose you'd... Most likely want to get there, am I right? Do you have... Any method of transport available? If not, I have a car down in the street."

pryatama aphrodite

"The fact of the matter is..." she turned to him, finally opening her eyes. Instead of amber ringed autumm iris's, they had turned black. "I knew it was coming. My husband has been through alot, and he took it out on our-" she paused. Her tone was calm, collected. Contradicting her physical appearance. "Sorry. MY son. Seiki, if you would, could you stay a bit longer? I am in understanding for your need to pack for your trip, and I respect that. I just need someone in my presence so I don't either get intoxicated, or kill myself. Would you, kindly?"

She shut the laptop, and packed in back in the satchel. "I have divorced my husband officially a week ago. But, I have found another man within that span of time, and he will do good to soothe me later." Normaly she wouldn't dare devuldge this information, but things were stressful, yes?

Anadwen

"That is completely understandable, Amaria. Don't worry... I have already ordered someone to pack my luggage." he calmed her. He could relate to what she has been going through, although only distantly, but he knew what she was talking about.

"I wouldn't want anything to happen to you. I can fully understand. My youngest sister has been... Killed in an unfortunate event, and I did not take that easily, either. In fact, I admire that you even have the will to speak." He confessed to her, but kept the fact that he attempted to commit suicide afterwards secret. Even though the circumstances demanded it...

He disappeared only for a moment, to grab his jacket, and returned, sitting down beside her. "Is there anything else I could help you with?"

pryatama aphrodite

"Yes." She removed her satchel and deposited it on the bartop. "Considering I have only one person I am close to, and he is not currently present, I would like a hug." She smiled a little, realizing how unproffesional she was to ask of something so tedious, and midly personal from a stranger.

But something about this man was comforting. It might be the knowing look inhis eyes when he could relate to her situations, or it might be the fact that he was respectful, like he should, and felt as if he was a close freind of hers. She hadn't yet had the latter, but she didn't really pay mind to it until then.

Anadwen

Without any visible change in his expression, Seiki put his black jacket over Amaria's shoulders, and his slender, yet wiry arms entwined around her, holding her softly, but firmly enough to feel the embrace around her body. As a real gentleman should, he took care not to touch her skin on places where it was exposed, and handled her carefully.

"It's perfectly fine. If that is what feels comforting, I don't see any problem with it." he assured her.

pryatama aphrodite

She wrapped her arms lightly around hismidsection, respectfully refraining from touching anywhere aside from his spine. The hug didn't last to terribly long, but she did rest her cheek against his shoulder, taking a bit to compose herself from getting teary eyed again.

She broke away softly, with a sad smile on her lips. "You remind me of my father, you know? Anik Kadam. A wise man, loyal to the rajaram family. You have that sense of comfort that is most difficult to find in many other men." She tucked a lock of hair behind her ear, before continueing, this time gazing at the light fixures in thought. "Your father was the same way when he came into my office. He was a 'get straight to buisness' kind of man, but, in the same sense, he was understanding, and a joy to be around."

She looked at Seiki again, studying his face, before chuckling. "In fact, if I am correct, you look just like him."

Anadwen

He smiled lightly, only letting to after her. "Yes, many people say that I resemble my father Takuya closely. In fact, I agree with them... Not only regarding appearance. I always seemed to understand him more than my sisters." he shrugged, moving one of the wisps of his hair behind his ear, studying Amaria's face in the meantime.

"I remember you only a little, but from my father's speech, I understood you were a very creative lady. And as I can see now with my very eyes, a rather strong one, too. As I mentioned before, it surprises me. I can understand how you got onto a position so high - it appears you have all it demands, and that is an indeed rare trait." he complimented her, still speaking softly in an attempt to cheer her up at least a little.

pryatama aphrodite

She entwined her finger, and rested them in her lap, smiling as he tucked a stray wisp of hair from his face. People thought it annoying whenshedid such at a meeting. But many refrain from speaking up considering she was kind, yet stern boss. "Your father had spoken of you, Seiki. After the interview for my company, and acceptance in client registration, he took me to a nearby coffee shop. Coincidently, it was one I favored. We conversed on the subject of buisness temprarily, before I sipped my tea, and asked him to tell me about you."

She popped open her satchel, and retreived a manilla folder. It was entirely flat, showing what appeared, at first, as emptyness. But she was quick to flip it open, and carefully remove a colored photo.

She offered a flutter of her lid in a wink before handing it over for him to observe.

It was a picture of Seiki at a mahogany desk, smiling as he stacked papers. Adorned in a grey Amani blazer and matching pants. Tie the color of crimson.

"He had given me this, humorously explaining that merely describing such a lovely man in words alone wouldn't cover a dam thing."

She reached out, and curled slender fingers around the cylendrical side of the wine glass still a quarter full of Sage. She brought therim to her lips, and paused. "He said he was proud." She then tipped it back slowly to savor the flavorful liquid and slight burn as it carressed her throat. "For the entirety of the time discussing you, he had spoken nothing but positive things about you. I made careful note to meet you at a soone, rather than later, date. What my luck to meet you here."

She planted the empty glass back on the bartop, and took to studying him from under her curled lashes. A smile on her parted lips, as she grabbed a napkin, and steadily removed the coat of gloss from he lips. For she hated leaving lip marks on the glasses. It was most disrespectful among other things inher minds eye.

Anadwen

Seiki raised a brow in amusement and surprise as she showed him the photograph. "Impressive... I haven't yet heard of anyone meeting a stranger in a restaurant and handing him a photo of himself," he chuckled lightly. "But just as he is proud of me, I'm proud to have a father such as himself."

He crossed his legs, still toying with one wisp of his long hair. "He does have a habit of mentioning the positive about people, or it was only a coincidence, but when I asked about you after the meeting, he has said that it is a great pleasure to work with you, and that he is looking forwards to it. And described you as a lovely lady, full of creative ideas and initiative. Quite impressive information, too... Admiring the young age at which you became a CEO, and I agree with him on that. It's unusual." The silky black wisp of hair wrapped around his finger sled down, freed as he lifted his thumb that held it till now. "Yes, I do agree it is a particular kind of luck to meet so unexpectedly, though at such... Unhappy circumstances.

pryatama aphrodite

She chuckled. Both amused and relieved. Reasons for the latter unknown. "I am truly happy to have your father as a client. But he has graped onto an untruth that now needs amends. Though, bringing forth such a declarationwoud be, at first, confusing, please do ask afterwards." She smiled, and crossed an ankle over the other. "I am a shapeshifter. Carrying the blood of a warlock through my veins. I take this appearance as a woman in youth to preserve both a good reputation, and healthy reationships with my coworkers and clents. Intruth, I am 800 years of age, give or take a few months."

She studied hus reaction with halflidded black iris's. "To top it all off, I am a shinigami. Or, server of Lord Death."

Her cheeks flushed, wondering suddenly if such a passing of information would cause the young one to admit just how delusional she was. It wasn't that she couldn't trust him, it was a mater of fif HE could trust HER.

Anadwen

One arched brow was raised with interest. "That's truly... Unusual. Though, I suppose only better for you. The fruits of immortality are helpful for ones such as ourselves maybe even more than others... Yes, ourselves. I possess this gift just as well, although due to a different reason."

He smiled a little, as if he said it with pride. "I'm a dragon-blood, and I'm somewhat older than I might appear. 95 years, to be exact." he admitted. "Though, I can fully understand the reasons for you to take this appearance. My employees used to be scared of my eyes in the past, but I think they got used to them. I must say, I did not have the pleasure to meet a shinigami before. Guess this makes it an even more remarkable coincidence!" He laughed, lightly and shortly. 

pryatama aphrodite

"Ah, a man among the dragons," she purred. As if testing both the wording and consistancy as it rolled of her tongue. "My, my, you appear no more then 22, give or take. I suppose we can have this addition to our vastly expanding basket of situations to which we both relate."

She used her index and middle finger to toss a batch of freewilled flyaways from her face, extending the hand as it glided down her back to the full length of her hair, smoothing it to proffesional perfection. Her attention remained vigilant as to where the conversation stirred, conjuring agreeance and spice to keep things interesting. "Us humanly in-humans are marked as either non-existant or downright hellbound. It amuses me that people judge my work in a good light, when they stand, oblivious to my obvious differences."

She turned and swung her waterfall of hair over her left shoulder, revealing the raven cremed dress to be backless. Marks of different meaning and strife twining like threads along her quilt of silky skin. "My patience has thinned when I caught what rumors were so flippantly being tossed about these thoughout the office and divisions. People, even now, despite my calm demeanor and lasting kindess, actually think I am a streetrat in flaunt fancy attire."

Her cheeks redened from the irritating memory, lying fresh in her minds forefront as if she had just heard it for the first time. "I have let it pass without confrontation, but this is ridiculous," she muttered animately. Allowing her hair freedom to cascade down her back, once again obscuring the designs among her back.

Anadwen

At her first notion, Seiki chuckled. "Neither do you. Although it's difficult to say how an eight hundred years old should look, I'd never consider you older than twenty five." His voice carried a strange charm, it was calm, but somehow mesmerizing - a little like the hypnotizing speech of a dragon, that catches you unprepared, and gets deep, deep into your core, leaving you speechless in wonder at the magnificence you have just encountered.

Stroking his silken shirt to smoothen it, he took a more comfortable position on the chair, stretched across it, and slightly leaning over the back of the chair. Everything about him appeared to be so casually elegant... Maybe except for his eyes, that were curiously watching Amaria all along. He left her words settle in his mind, thinking about what she said, till he gave her a slight nod. "Yes, there is a lot of prejudice against those that aren't completely... Human. Though, I think it is all cause by envy, and fear. It's quite natural to fear the unknown and misunderstood, and to envy that what possesses a power greater than one's own. And that ends in prejudice and judgmental, discriminating opinions." he shrugged.

"I only consider myself fortunate to be employed in my father's company... Nobody complains if it could result in being fired. My father doesn't tolerate discrimination against anyone and anything." His eyes almost closed as he swiped a long string of his hair behind his left ear, letting it fall down his fingers like a black waterfall, and reveal the slightly pointed tip of his ear - just another sign of his dragon heritage. "And my sisters learned to use those gifts, quite to their luck. I've once been told, from a business partner, that my whole family is truly like dragons, persistent and never eager to give up. I don't know how much about that is true, but I considered it a compliment." The corners of his mouth went up a little, forming a soft smile.

As he put his hand down again, he glanced onto the watch, set under the weepers of his shirt, steel blue, but adorned by a light thread. The steel of the large watch reflected the dim red glow it radiated...

"It's getting quite late," he mused. "Almost midnight already, I wouldn't have thought the time flows by so quickly."

pryatama aphrodite

Midnight... I need to get that report done, or it's off with a wealthy employer... "I do suppose that you, albeit bearing a rare charm for a dragonblood, wish to depart in elegance. I hope the night had not been to terribly..." She paused, groping for the right word like someone would grope for a lightswitch in blackness. "unworthy of becoming an adition to memory lane, so to speak."

She slid to the right, slipping the laptop into a snug compartment her mother so generously built. Upon making the entirety of the handbag, of course. A lovely creme colored violet with chrome bucklings. A fine specimen of family handiwork. "It was a perfect pleasure to have finally devuldged in casualties with such a successor and fine gentleman. You are, how I say, the precise picture of how most men should act, as opposed to those most population this world using... Woman and physical contact as entertainment and fun." She was shameless. The woman possessed great amounts of inner strength, confidence, kindness, and, for the most part, an inner flame that shot in forms of smartass comments and input. She loved that part above the rest.

Anadwen

He returned her a smile. "It was a pleasure to meet you... I doubt I'd forget that soon, I daresay - if ever. It was also a pleasure to meet a confident woman such as yourself, one that can be called a lady, and not just a... Wench that searches for nothing but a short moment of entertainment and an opportunity to flirt." His smirk turned sarcastic for a moment, picturing his sister Isako, and how she shamelessly presented herself in public. Model or not, she was, simply put, provocative.

He disappeared for a moment, just to grab his bag, a smooth black leather case that appeared flat, holding but a few documents, closed by a small silver buckle. "Do you have any way to get home? If not, I can give you a ride without a problem. My car's just down there." he offered, while he put his jacket back on, and tucked the tie into his bag.

pryatama aphrodite

"It would be of great honor to allow a well formed man of buisness to drive me. Albeit, not home. That, my dear, is a place of secret, unless you care to pay a visit," she responded in an almost comeplete whisper. Smiling a bit as she draped the scarf over her smooth skin. Nearing milky white. She rose from her chair with elegance most say appeared naturally. Who knows? Maybe it was?

Oh, but devuldging such would fail to keep you on your toes!

Anadwen

"Hopefully my car will be comfortable enough." Seiki replied, returning her smile, while his hands searched in his bag for the wallet. He found it shortly after, and paid for his meal, giving the bartender a polite bow and greeting - surprisingly, in Japanese. The man raised a brow with amusement, and took the money, while Seiki turned back to Amaria.

"Shall we go, then? It's close, just down in the street." He picked up his bag and made a small step forwards, not letting anyone know that it may not have been the exactly best idea to drink sake before driving... His dragon heritage made him far harder to get intoxicated, but he would never even think about breaking the law.

Oh, whatever.

pryatama aphrodite

"Do not take offense, but I am inclined to speak on your behalf on the Sake consumage limit for agreeance to drivong. And with all do respect, I offer an option. I do not take risks of they can be prevented." Despite her wordong, her vpice was clipped. Slipping in bits of superiority for assistance on both confrontation, and conviction. "Seiki," she said with a sigh, leisure in delivery. "Considering we have conversed for quite a time frame, lets refrain from such heavy wording."

She knew of her problem with that. The suggestion meant more for her then Seik. "Who am I kidding... I have a serious issue filed for later attention.  Thus," she paused, extending a free hand wkth fingers splayed outward in question. "Would you kindly allow me to take the wheel? I happened to once have been a drving Instructor, and was immaculate with my teachings. Some of my students are in Nascar as of late. We stay in touch as nothing more then acquaintances." The release of minor hints on her life was loosely spoken in hopes that he would let her drive him home. She would contact Marino of the motorized developements subdivision to drive his car back. That is... if he allowed his fate to rest in her hands for the duration of the drive.

Anadwen

"Sorry... Drive my car? I do not doubt your abilities in any way, but I must remind you that you have had some sake yourself. On a different note, it's a car I am quite protective about. Please, you must understand my reasons..." He shook his head, walking out of the restaurant only somewhat behind Amaria. The large glass door opened again.

"My body would need at least four bottles of that to feel the effect. Even though I might be concerned myself, it is not an issue as big as you might expect. It's difficult to get a dragon drunk," he joked. The elevator, arriving onto their floor, made a silent sound, and the door opened. "After you." He stepped aside, letting her enter.

pryatama aphrodite

"I am a woman protective of many things, my dear. Albeit, most frame me to be possessive, I am quite lively and opinionated like you. If you so much as harm a hair on my head, however, I will take no hesitation to kick your careless ass." She strolled into the embrace of such deeply churning humidity it was a bit difficult to inhale. She looked over her shoulder at Seiki, wearing the same half smile she had presented the first time a conversation took place between them. "However, I am unusually trusting you with my fragility, and nerves, which have spiked since I arrived. Again, take no offense to the last commentary. Should you pursue further meetings with me, it will rapidly become expected, I assure you."

She snapped a rubber hair tie to her fingers, expanding the stretchy material to it's maximum extend. Her fingers ran through her near raven locks, the tresses silky and fine. Always a blessing to have such thin hair. She smiled as her hand bearing the band reached upward, and caught the entirety of her waterfall of brown, pulling it through the tie, and double looping it so the locks were tightly pressed to her head. A casual up-do.  "Come now, Hun. Otherwise, my view of arriving home in time to bid my love farewell for my meeting in Mumbai will by wrenched and useless. I might have to reschedule..."

She tossed another flippant grin.

Amaria was brave, and honest, and peace-worthy, and selfless when it was called for. If anything, she wasn't particularly kind. No matter the effort, it twisted the ending departure to either a scowling retreat, or disproved client mail. She shivered. Hating the moments in actuality more so then mentally.