Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Who Are You Without The Mask?

Started by Anadwen, March 27, 2014, 12:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anadwen

The sakura gardens were, unlike the most calm times, now shaken by a fierce wind that ripped the blossoms off the branches, and they whirled around Seiki's figure, swiftly moving through and away from the house. They have already destroyed his room, there was no need to wreck anything else.

He took his stance when he thought they were far enough from the residence, and greeted Arimus with an ice-cold impression. The blade, which has been sheathed while they walked, now once again gleamed in his hands, hidden in white. The pair of gloves covering their backs was like the crescent of moon upon the darkness of the night when they gripped the black sheath.

Slowly, he raised the blade in his right hand, and pointed it at Arimus, still not saying a word.

Brisinger987

Arimus struggled to fight the demon in his mind, the problem of his curse, and a million other things, while the demon decided to wage a battle against Seiki.

He tried desperately to fight the power of the curse, the desire to kill. But the curse, it's power, was winning.

"I want to make a deal... You win, and I will sit in the cell of a thousand tears, and argue endlessly with Arimus over who deserves this body. I win, and I get Haru as my trophy..." Azaroth flourished the sword in a wide, wild swing, grinning madly.

"So, do we have a deal?"

Anadwen

Such an offer was, for Seiki, infuriating. Off course, he wouldn't let it show, but he was angered that he even dared to say something like that.

"My father's sister is no one's trophy. If you win, I will not pursue you anymore. Accept that, or begone, and don't you ever show your face before me again." The way he spoke radiated with distaste, although his outside was calm and collected.

This wasn't the Arimus he knew... Something took over him. Though, whatever it was, Seiki wouldn't put Haru on a bet in a thousand years.

Brisinger987

"If I win, I won't leave you alive to stop me. You will tire and die. I won't. I, Azaroth, am immortal, so long as Arimus lives, I will plague him." Azaroth grinned, and felt a mask forming on his face, one of shadow and death. It was his mask. His power.

He charged Seiki, moving at blinding speed, before seemingly teleporting away, snarling.

"Arimus is trying to hold me back... You must be one he cares about... I will crush you for that reason alone." He charged again, taking a powerful upward swing against Seiki, hoping to make contact with either sword or flesh.

Anadwen

Seiki could see every step Arimus took, and he knew that he could evade the strike that was sent at him. It was slow and obvious... Definitely no match for him.

With a set of lightning-fast steps, he got far from the place where the strike would land, and while Arimus would remain stunned from the landing, he could strike him.

He charged forth at a speed that made his very form seem nothing but a blur, and pointed Blood-red Blossom forth for a deadly strike right under his opponent's ribs, one that would impale him and momentarily incapacitate. He could then exploit this moment of vulnerability, slice the head off, and destroy it.

Brisinger987

Seiki was too fast for even Azaroth to comprehend, and he found himself lagging as the half-blood warrior pierced his torso.

"Ow..." Azaroth tried to pull the sword away from Seiki's hands, but found himself stuck.

Then he went to strangle Seiki, dropping his sword. If he could strangle this son of a bitch, he could kill him, and take what he wanted. None of them could kill him. He was a god to them. A complete, unfaltering god!

He pulled himself further onto the blade, the sound of bone scraping metal truly sickening as he did so.

Anadwen

Seiki backed up before the hands that reached after him, pulling the sword out. He wasn't getting strangled... Fresh and full of strength not.

With a flashing step, he got behind the back of what was Arimus' body, but with a different mind in control. His plan was working out...

He whirled at his opponent maybe even faster than before. The wide arch his sword, swinging though the air, made was aimed at the neck of the figure before him. It would be strong enough to slice a wall in half - even though Arimus was not as dense as one.

None could beat him in battle. Not even his father.

Brisinger987

Arimus took advantage of the decapitation to take Azaroth out of control, and instead of regenerating, the body just dropped and laid there, and in Arimus' mind, a huge battle raged, as he beat Azaroth slowly into submission.

When the body began regenerating, a purple glow shone out of the eye, indicating that the curse was there again, although it would take a few minutes to come into effect this time.

When Arimus stood up, he placed his eyepatch on, and look disdainfully at Seiki.

"I'm not cleaning your sword for you."

Anadwen

"I would not allow you to lay a hand on it." Seiki replied in his usual icy manner, giving him a comparably disdainful look of his dark eyes. Off course, he was victorious. It didn't take the flick of a brow... Arimus wasn't a match to him.

"Get back to your work. It is your duty to repair what you destroyed." he instructed him sharply after turning away and walking back into the residence, waving his hand at the destroyed part of the house. "Then, I expect to see you before the cells. Do not disappoint me again."

Brisinger987

"Of course. Nazbara." The word evoked the sound of wind, and the house reassembled, the broken pieces fusing together again, in exactly the place it normally was.

"But I'm not going in the cells. I refuse. I have superiority through age here, Seiki, and I am the backup now. Even when your father is around, I still hold much more experience, wisdom and ability than you. Thus, I will decide when I go the cells. And I refuse." Arimus stood up straight, trying to resume a nonchalant attitude, but he found it difficult again. He couldn't figure out why.

"Why don't you show me experience and judgement that matches what I know you're capable of? Then, if you still deem it necessary, I will go to the cells. But right now, you are trying to be cool, and detached. Don't."

Anadwen

"You broke a law. You put all of us into danger by your foolish actions, done out of childish spite." Seiki responded, and kept walking. Arguing with Arimus had no point. "You acted both against the laws, established in this household, and against the will of my father and me. In Takuya's absence, I take his place, and his absolute responsibility and authority. What do you not understand on breaking the law?"

He was just a butler. A honorary member. He didn't have the status he, as the heir of the clan, possessed. Age meant nothing in that case. For Seiki, Arimus's words had no weight. If it was possible, he would order his execution.

That, however, did not mean he was right.

Brisinger987

"If a man is starving, is he not allowed to steal to survive? Must he accept his fate rather than commit wrong? If a man's family are threatened, should he not be allowed to fight his attacker, to kill them if necessary? It is against the law to steal or kill, and yet, some are allowed to, because their circumstances demand it. I would argue that my case was much the same as the second example. I admit, you are heir, but you are arrogant, too set in your ways. You would kill a man who stole to save himself. You need to learn leniency, to understand." Arimus bowed to Seiki.

"Now, I shall return to my duties. Good day Seiki." Arimus rudely began to walk off, clearly not believing that Seiki could possibly understand the reasoning of Arimus, who, himself, was immortal.

Anadwen

"Your case was not the same. You used a piece of spirit bait out of simple spite. How can you justify that?" he spoke silently as Arimus passed by. Something so low was going against all his principles, and his blood was rising at the thought, and yet he retained a calm face.

Arimus couldn't understand. He simply didn't possess the qualities that would grant him that kind of understanding.

He wasn't going to bother with it any further. He made his way straight into Takuya's work hall. If his words could not convince the butler, his father's could. And when he was not there, a letter could surely pass the words on.

Brisinger987

"Haru, would you care to accompany me?" Arimus offered. He wanted her company above anything at the moment. He couldn't say why. But he liked Haru.

And for that, he wanted to spend time with her.

"I just feel a bit of company would be nice." He waited for her response, ignoring Seiki completely.