Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What's Wrong With You!?

Started by Anadwen, March 29, 2014, 12:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anadwen

Seiki's eyes narrowed. "You seem to have forgotten what day it is." he reminded him.

It was that day again. In the morning, he walked up to Kanami's grave and prayed for her soul to be well on the other side. He could feel his scars like a line through his body today again... It was that day again.

"Refresh your memory, Minoru." He whirled at him like a storm, slashing Blood-red Blossom at his throat, at the very same spot that took his sister's life. The next two strikes were aimed at his abdomen, the two spots that have nearly caused his own death. And he whirled past him, like a gust of wind. "I believe you know what day it was twelve years ago."

Alegretto

Of course. That would put Seiki in a sour mood. Personally the death had made Minoru jump in joy. ANy fatality in the Adachi main house was a good thing in his book. Not that he'd ever tell Seiki that. Or how excited he'd been when the family had found him laying in a pool of his own blood. If only his wounds had been fatal...

Oh well. It wasn't like he had time to dwell on fond memories he thought wryly as He blocked Seiki's strike at his throat. The two subsequent blows were to quick for Minoru to get his blade down to deflect them, so he instead used the hilt of his weapon to defend. The first one he stopped cleanly, but the second was tougher, and even though he kept it from getting to his body, the blade sliced his wrist. The wound wasn't major, but it would be debilitating in the long run. And it hurt.

He wheeled on his cousin, a retort to his question burning on his tongue, fueled by his anger at his cousin's lack of restraint. "Yes I know the day. But that's no reason to go trying to kill another family member!"

Anadwen

"You're right. I'm trying to kill you." Seiki replied, quickly running at him, and making a trio of strikes, aimed at his neck. "Because only when you are on the edge you realize what you are capable of, and you can go..."

No. Not now. A sharp strike of pain in his side brought him to his knees. It was too abrupt to defend against, and he fell to the floor, breathing heavily.

"...go beyond." he whispered back.

Alegretto

The three strikes aimed at Minoru's throat would probably have been lethal, there was no way he could stop them if Seiki was going at full-force, but each successive blow was weaker and not stronger, which was odd for his cousin.

Seiki was falling almost before he made the third strike and Minoru stepped back, surprised and confused. What was going on? Cautiously, he knelt by his cousin, and heard him whisper then ending of the statement he had started while aiming for Minoru's neck.

Something was wrong with Seiki. A little thrill of excitement went through Minoru. He could finish his cousin here, call it a training accident...

But the idea was almost still-born. No one would bye that story. So what should he do. He decided to follow the course of action he always did when he was totally unsure of how to proceed. He called for help. Even as he was yelling, "Hey, something's wrong we need help in here!" he was trying to remember who was in the house. Were Shinobu and Isako still home? "Hey, can anyone here me, something's wrong!"

Anadwen

It wasn't that much of an unusual event. Surprising, yes, but it wasn't the first time it would have happened. It would pass quickly...

He pressed his hand onto his side. A few lines of a spell should make it fine in a moment... It was just a reminder of how fortunate he is to be still alive. The pain was, all of a sudden, gone. He raised himself back to his feet, and picked Blood-red Blossom up again.

"Get back to training... And never expose your back." he noted at Minoru, and took an attacking stance again.

Then, a figure appeared in the door. A tall, graceful one, garbed in a beautiful crimson kimono instead of the black Shihakusho of warriors. Haru.

She stopped before Minoru, and bowed her head as a greeting. "Is there anything I can do for you? You sounded distressed..." she spoke with a soft voice.

Alegretto

Minoru looked to his cousin, surprised at his sudden recovery. He'd never seen these symptoms in Seiki before, but his brain was churning on a way to turn this occurrence to his advantage.

When the healer, Haru, waked in the door, he knew he had his opportunity. "Ah, Haru, glad you came. Something appears to be wrong with Seiki, could you please take a look at him?" he said while pointing to his cousin.

He turned to Seiki and bowed. "While she's checking you over, I'll go to another room and practice on my own." So saying, he turned for the door and hastened to make his escape, hopefully before Seiki could object.

Anadwen

"There's no need, Haru." Seiki stopped her, and his glance turned to Minoru. "I can continue in training right now."

It was just the pain of an old scar that sometimes returned. He knew it would happen, especially on this day, and therefore, he didn't worry about it. Apparently, neither did Haru, when she saw him back on his feet and completely alright.

"Has it happened again?" she asked quietly, slightly bending her head, and moving a wisp of her hair behind her ear. He gave her an almost unnoticeable nod. "Strong?" she inquired again.
"No." he answered. She bowed her head in a nod, and sighed. "Then, there isn't much for me to do. You should be fully capable of training, even though I wouldn't advise you to do so."
"I will continue. Thank you, Haru." he spoke, and turned on his heel, gesturing Minoru to follow him back into the hall.

"Minoru." Haru's calm voice drowned out Seiki's steps, and she herself walked into the training hall. "Would you not mind if I would train with your cousin for a moment? And show you how to use Kido, not only your sword, to fight."

Alegretto

Minoru sighed. So close and yet so far...

He turned back around to return to his position. He was almost there when Haru asked if she could spar in his place. Minoru looked with some surprise at the healer. She knew that he had no ability to use Kido, so what was the point in demonstrating?

Still, if she wanted to put her neck on the line against Seiki, he certainly wasn't going to interfere. He stepped away from his cousin and gestured for Haru to take his place. "I would be honored to have the opportunity to see you demonstrate your art."

Anadwen

Haru gave him a soft smile, and bowed her head. "It will be a pleasure." she replied calmly. With flowing steps, she walked into the middle of the hall, far opposite Seiki. Her crimson kimono didn't allow her to make long steps, and yet she moved swiftly.

He took off his white coat, and carefully folded it, putting it to the corner of the hall. It was a well-known fact that once Seiki takes off his haori, stuff is going to get serious. The bow, holding his hair up, sled off its silky wisps, but he didn't seem to even notice.

They bowed to each other with the grace so typical for skilled warriors, and their glances met. Their hands arose to the hilts of the blades. "To first blood." Seiki exclaimed.

What happened next was... Too fast to note by the eye of an ordinary observer. It was a slash of moving black and red.

A few bolts of strong energy were fired from Haru's side, but they were sliced in half under a few consecutive blows of Blood-red Blossom. Seiki whirled at her with a strong strike of his Zanpakuto, but he was thrown back as a shield appeared right before her. He turned his fall into a slide, slipped behind the shield, an covered her in more strikes. Their blades met in a clash, faster than the lightning.

All of a sudden, Seiki was on the other side of the hall, right beside Minoru. Haru was running at him with her blade by her shoulder, ready to strike. However, all she bashed into was the wall. He was in the opposite corner in the moment she got there. The wooden lining cracked as she hit it with her shoulder, but it shimmered, revealing a shield that was created to stop her crash. 

A large, long line of flashing black and red crossed through the hall. It met up in the air in its middle, and with a blinding flash of light, their figures collapsed back onto the ground.

Haru's Zanpakuto was the only thing holding away the blade of Blood-red Blossom, pressed almost onto her face.

A thin line of blood was running down the side of her jaw - incredibly little, considering how destroyed the hall was.

And like shadows, they sled back into their beginning positions, and bowed to each other. The whole fight took very, very little time.

"It was a pleasure to fight with you, Seiki Adachi. I see you have improved greatly." Haru smiled at him calmly, sheathing her blade again. Seiki only bowed his head.
"The pleasure is all mine." he replied. The same cold presence was breathing from his figure as when he fought Minoru. Beautiful, strong, and cold.

Haru turned to Minoru for a moment again. "And here you can see how can Kido help you in the battle. Even though I was defeated, you can see that it was helpful, otherwise I would have lost at least an arm. It's the usual situation with Seiki, to tell the truth, though. We are unlucky enough to train with someone so strong, and lucky enough he holds back." she winked at him.

She was, truth be told, holding back, too. Both of them had to conceal more than three quarters of their true power to stop themselves from wrecking the hall... Almost every trained Adachi with high spiritual powers had, if using his full potential, theoretically the ability to slice buildings... It was only natural they held back.
"However, I'd advise to leave the hall and train in the gardens, otherwise we are going to destroy the manor." Haru mused after a moment. In the meantime, Seiki has already returned Blood-red Blossom into its sheath, and his white haori was back on, concealing the true shape of his figure.

Alegretto

Minoru watched the incredible fight with a detachment born from routine. He'd seen this all before. Though, to be fair, he could barely count as seeing it. The movements were almost too hard to track, and he lost count of ever third or fourth strike.

It amused him mildly that the pair thought he could learn from their shenanigans. It wasn't like they were actually teaching him anything, they were just reveling in their own power and showing off. Like everyone in the blasted family.

He sighed, and watched the fight come to a close. His eyes were glazed over and he responded mechanically to Haru's statement. "Yes, very lucky indeed, it's nice that Seiki moderates his level for his opponents." There was the faintest hint of sarcasm in his tone, but it was doubtful anyone would perceive it if they weren't listening for it. Minoru had gotten good over the years at keeping his cynicism modulated.

While Seiki was busy sheathing his weapon and putting on his haori, Minoru bowed in both their directions. "Thank you both so much for the valuable lesson," he said without a hint of sincerity, "I'll keep what I have learned in mind as I train independently."

And so saying, Minoru left the room before the pair could object, intent on doing some exercises that he knew would help him, as opposed to just watching his betters duke it out.

((OOC: I think it's time to start a new thread with a new situation))