Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Morning Star [Sanguine!]

Started by Rhindeer, April 03, 2014, 11:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

The sun had only just crested the horizon when Niamh went out into the market, dressed in her old clothes: a pair of breeches, a worn tunic, and her usual boots. Her blond hair was messy, for she hadn't bothered to tame it, but though most of the town was still sleeping, she felt rather perky. The sunlight energized her--so she had always been one hell of an obnoxious morning person.

She didn't have much coin left, but she needed new clothes, because even though Speaker was letting her stay with him, she didn't want to burden him too much. He'd given her new clothes, but she didn't want to take advantage of his hospitality, so she felt she may as well make herself useful. Get herself new clothes, and maybe look around and see about getting a job, even if it was just a temporary one.

Yeah. A job.

How exactly did one go about finding one of those?

Browsing the wares that were already set up in the market, she was in a good enough mood that she made a dangerous mistake--she let down her guard.

And so it was that while she was looking over a weapon's display and trying to work up the nerve to ask around for work (it was so humbling to do that, and humility had never been her strength) a man bumped into her hard as he passed, nearly knocking her over.

Whirling around with a curse on her lips, Niamh glared at his back. "Hey! Watch where you're going! Uncivilized heathen..." She grumbled the last bit and turned back to the display with a sigh--only to realize, then, that she didn't feel the familiar pressure of her coin pouch in her belt.

With a start, she felt at her hips, and found it was gone, the purse strings still attached.

A cut purse! Seriously?! WHY!

"Hey! Hey, come back!" she shouted, turning and charging after him, pushing people aside as she raced after him. "Get back here, you asshole!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Codestar7

Azagrimm sat in his parlour, watching the beautiful sunrise, not having a single care in the world. He stared through passers-by, as if they were invisible, ghosts parading through the winding streets of La'marri. He was relaxing, as he had decided to take the day off from raiding and questioning.

A shout sounded, a young girl in distress, to the dwarf's ear. Azagrimm shifted his gaze in the direction of the sound, to see what was disturbing the peace. He realized it was all fine, just a clumsy shopper not looking where he was going. The dwarf relaxed once more, but only for a moment. The freeloader was dashing in his direction, kicking up dust. The young girl chased after him, shouting nasty curses. Azagrimm Bornzehand sighed. 'Always,' he thought. Every time he took a well-earned day off, some trouble erupted around him, tempting him into action. Azagrimm would have not even considered rushing to help the situation, but this involved a man, and a woman. Azagrimm hated men.

The man was nearing where Azagrimm was sitting. The dwarf sneakily extended a shorter than usual leg, tripping the man. The person sprawled on the dirty ground, and growled, and unsheathed a dagger made of conspicuous golden steel. The man engaged Azagrimm, and swung the dagger towards the dwarf. He evaded the lunge, and pulled his sword from scabbard. It was now mano e mano. Steel against steel. Azagrimm was ready, the horrid man began shouting insults, teasing the dwarf about his stunted arms and legs, and even worse, about his height.  He rudely poked his tongue out. Azagrimm took the opportunity to cut off the thieve's tongue. The crowd watching gasped as pink flesh flopped onto the dirt.
"Now, what do you say about giving the lady's things back?"
Azagrimm laughed.
"Wait, you can't. you have not a tongue to say with!"
The crowd laughed, and Azagrimm levelled his steel to the offending man's crotch.
"Now," threatened Azagriim. "Give her posessions to her."

Rhindeer

The thief was getting away from her, Niamh realized with aggravation--and with another jolt of anger, she realized that maybe it wasn't that the thief was faster, but that she'd gotten too comfortable lazing around the town, when before she had constantly been on the move. Was she getting out of shape? Gritting her teeth, she put on an extra burst of speed that it turned out she didn't need, because that was when the thief tripped.

Tripped by a short man with metal limbs?

Niamh skidded to a stop and watched as the short man engaged the thief--who was soon short a tongue.

...Eugh.

But the weaselly guy deserved that!

And now the two of them were facing off, sort of. The thief was having obvious difficulty, choking on blood, but seemed stubborn and determined enough (and probably enraged enough) that he looked like he was still going to try to fight the man! Niamh, however, had had enough. She just wanted her stuff back. She didn't care about whatever manly male posturing was going on here, she just needed her damned money.

And was perhaps feeling a bit bitter that she hadn't taken the thief down herself.

So while the two were distracted with each other, Niamh circled around the thief, hidden by the crowd of spectators, and marched up behind him, swung her leg back--

And kicked him square between the legs.

The man gave a gurgled yell and doubled over, clutching himself, and Niamh used the moment to her advantage. Reaching over, she plucked her coin purse from his belt. "I'll be taking that back, thanks!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Codestar7

Azagrimm watched as the man whose tongue he had just cut off stood there, still trying to curse him. He wasn't getting anywhere, the fresh blood flowing from his mouth was overriding his ability to utter a single comprehensible word. The thief wanted to fight, but he was preoccupied. Azagrimm spotted the young lady who had her purse stolen creeping behind the milling crowd. She edged forward with a silence Azagrimm could not commit himself, because of the scientists that stunted him further for his life.

Azagrimm couldnt help but chuckle heartily as the thief who was only moments ago tough toppled as a leg appeared between his thighs.
stupid man, the dwarf thought to himself. The girl plucked her pilfered pouch from the fallen man's belt, and reclaimed it as hers once again.

Azagrimm looked at her, and smiled. He couldn't help but stare. Standing in front of his very eyes was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. Her semi-long blond hair, her matching pair of deep blue eyes, even her best clothing appealed to the robotic dwarf.
He was still staring. The dwarf realized this, averted his gaze, and addressed the girl.
"Hail, I'm Azagrimm." Not much of a greeting, but after all, he was stunned by beauty. The crowd dissipated as Azagrimm extended a metallic hand.

Rhindeer

The thief was down, a groaning, bleeding mess of a man. He wouldn't be getting back for some time now. With a cocky grin, Niamh tucked her coin purse away and was about to sidle back over to the marketplace when she remembered the short man that had stalled the thief in the first place.

A man who was currently, uh...staring at her.

Niamh stared back. Not for the same reasons as him, though. She stared because he was so short, and...had metal limbs...

And one such limb was extended out to her in greeting.

She glanced down at his hand, then back to his face, and instead of clasping hands she waved at him. "Name's Niamh," she said. "Thanks for stalling the guy for me."

The thief started to rise, and Niamh glowered at him and gave him a kick in the ribs that put him back down. "Filthy scum."

Codestar7

The girl named Niamh looked at him like a child would look at boiled broccoli. She regarded him with cold eyes, as everyone did. He extended his hand, but she did not take it. She simply stood there and waved, much to Azagrimm's disappointment. She kicked the now unconscious man.

Azagrimm replied, "You are quite welcome, Niamh. My name is Azagrimm. Azagrimm Bronzehand." He smiled , and added , "No pun intended."
The dwarf paused a moment, and thought. He dragged the thief off the road into the bushes, and left him there. He returned to the girl. He won't be giving you any more trouble, " he assured her, without a smile this time.

"What is a pretty young girl like you doing in the markets this early alone, surrounded by all these horrible men? Don't you just want to gag to be around their unwashed rags and filth covered tunics? You should be parading with nicer folk, ones that maybe play the lyranthhe, or tell a nice tale? Why don't we get get a drink? Celebrate another scum in the dirt." Azagrimm pitched his tone lie enough for his listener to hear, but for any eavesdroppers not to.

Azagrimm had had fun this morning, and it wasn't even two hours before noon. He had eaten his breakfast in a nicely furnished area, with the sunset, not that there was anything interesting about a sunset, as Azagrimm just saw it as another way for the world to annoy him. But he had found a pretty girl, one he was more entranced by that usual, considering Azagrimm preferred to stay away from people all together, being the nasty body critiques they are.

Rhindeer

Niamh snorted a laugh at Azagrimm's words and crossed her arms over her chest, hip popped slightly.

"Pffft. I'm kinda used to being around smelly, sweaty guys. Light, I used to be one of the smelly, sweaty guys, only without being a guy. Trust me, I can handle this," she said, arching an eyebrow at him. Of course, he had no way of knowing she was a fighter, that she had traveled with a group of mercenaries, but she had always hated being patronized and her annoyance showed in her expression.

"Why? Is there some reason a girl shouldn't be out and about among the marketplace, like anyone else?" she added dryly. "Or should we all hide indoors lest the dust make us faint, and get back to our cooking? Is that what you're saying?"

Codestar7

"Not at all," mused Azagrimm. "I myself am fond of when women, they are the gentle sex after all. I believe only that if a girl is alone at this time, it is dangerous. I did not intentionally say you belong anywhere, only that you should pursue your dreams, away from men. Human men have always been cocks. One of 'em chopped my limbs off, and that of my parents. Anyway. I don't even know what I'm on about. The world is just there for saving. How about that drink? My shout," Azagrimm finished, after blathering about nothing.

Rhindeer

Niamh's eyebrows continued to climb as he spoke.  "The gentle sex...?" Had he missed the part where she'd kicked a man in the balls and kicked him again to keep him down? And not only that, but she had known enough fierce women and gentle men to know that was a lie.

But then the guy got even weirder, talking about men cutting off his limbs...? And that she should stay away from men?

Er...

Niamh took a step backwards. "Uhhh...y'know, you go on ahead without me. I'm just gonna--" She jerked her thumb toward the marketplace. "--go. Over there."

Codestar7

Azagrimm frowned. "Wait, I saved your money, and now you walk away?" Azagrimm could tell she wasn't very much looking his story, so he wished to convince her. "Could we maybe get to know each other? I have not many friends, and you seem a good person. I understand I talk a lot, about things you might not care about, but I wish to get to know you better."

Rhindeer

Yikes. This was getting awkward and creepy. Niamh took another step back away from him. As someone who had experience (and recent experience, at that!) with stalkers, having a man act like she owed him for being a good samaritan, and then insisting on getting to know her after a brief and awkward encounter, was making her rather uncomfortable. Especially after his random hating on men while putting women on a pedestal as 'the gentle sex'!

Nope. All her danger signals were flaring.

"Yeah, uh, thanks for getting back my coin purse!" she said, still backing away. "That was nice of you! But I got other stuff I gotta get to, and you're kinda weirding me out, so..." She gave him a salute.

Codestar7

Azagrimm knew at this point it was futile. All he wanted was to make friends. He returned the salute, boldly. "Okay lassie. But so you know I have been put through a lifetime of trauma. A group of men cut mine and my mother's and father's arms off, and a group of women helped us escape. I'm just trying to look for some friends. Some anti-solitude." Azagrimm started to turn, with an upset look on his face.

Rhindeer

"Uh huh...I...uhm...that's unfortunate! Uh, bye!" Niamh said hurriedly, not quite sure how to handle being told all of that, except it was making her very uncomfortable, as was his insistence on being her friend.

But she still wasn't very used to people outside her group, and her experiences with such people had been rather...unpleasant, to say the least.

Niamh backed up a few more steps before, finally, she turned and bolted off, heading back into the marketplace.

Codestar7

Azagrimm was determined. But he knew not ethical behavior, due to a shaky past and lack of proper teaching in the art of manners. He raced after the girl, calling the fact he saved here life, and he really only wanted to make a friendship.