Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Get Him Out Of That Den [Open on invite]

Started by Anadwen, April 07, 2014, 10:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anadwen

Nill woke up from the strange experience feeling only a little out of the normal, and immediately reached at her neck, cracking it. "That was pretty quick." she muttered. Arthfael watched it all along, and his eyes widened as Vel cut the head of his ex-partner off, and sewed it back on. Quite a spectacular sight...

Though, not as spectacular as seeing her wake up again. He immediately disappeared in the back of the shop, to bring back a glass of water. To the surprise of anyone unaware of her nature, she dipped a few fingers into it instead of drinking it, crossing the thin line on her neck with it. All that was left from the wound seemed to close almost immediately after the water touched it, and she bent her head back to stretch the numb muscles right after.

"It seems to work pretty well. Now I believe you." the shopkeeper mused, putting the glass away again, and letting her slide off the table and sit on his lap. "When do you want to do it with... The bounty?" he asked then, stroking Nill's shoulder.

DaGlobster

Vel watched as Nill healed herself with the water. Remarkable, absolutely remarkable. Perhaps there was more to this woman than he originally though. For now, he concluded she must be some kind of mixed blood, most likely with water spirits, since he didn't detect any actual spellcasting going on.

"It's a remarkable gift you have there, Nill." Vel mentioned, and looked to Arthfael.  "If anything, I'd like to do this as soon as possible."

Anadwen

Arthfael gave Nill a glance, and she sled off him. "I'm half demon, Vel." she replied, showing him a sharp-toothed grin. "Water's my home. There's nothing as close to me as it!" she explained. Arthael frowned a little. "You're forgetting about me..." he reminded her.

The casual teasing between them soon stopped, and he got up onto the table with surprising ease. His hands ran up his neck to get his hair out of the way, and he closed his eyes. "Get to it, then. I want it to be over as soon as possible." he instructed them. "Nill, when it's done, lock my body in the bedroom and leave some food for Urari. Also, make up some excuse for where I'm going. I don't want her to freak out, or she'll blow this house up."

He took a deep breath. So, now he was to be frozen, his head will be taken off... Yeah, guess he could deal with it.

DaGlobster

Vel nodded, and walked up to Arthfael on the table. Here he was, about to cut off the great Hawk's head. He supposed he'd done more exciting things, but this was going to be up there with the rebellion he lead against the Master and that one night he spent inside a gnomish tavern. Repeating the same process he did with Nill, he slowly started working the spell into Arthfael. Before he completely froze up, however, Vel lifted his hand and made a cut on Arthfael's hand, allowing the blood to get all over his hand. When Arthfael fully froze, Vel rubbed the blood into his mechanical claws and spattered the rest onto Arthfael's face, so as to make the kill look more...well...bloody.

When he was done with the blood, he swiftly took his head off, again catching it before it hit the ground. He messed up Arthfael's hair, and stuffed his head into the nearest burlap sack, and tied it to his waist. He turned to Nill, and made sounds as if he was clearing his throat. "I'm all ready to go." He said in a modified voice, sounding more like a machine of hell than a machine of magic.

Anadwen

"Let me do what he told me to." Nill groaned, picking the skinny figure, draped in a great number of layers, up. Arthfael wasn't as heavy as he was tall and bony, even without the head, and it took some serious effort to get the body into one of the wardrobes in his room, where she locked him, and put the key onto a chain on her neck.

She quickly made her way to Urari's room. The girl was there, playing with something on the floor. "Urari, boss had to go away for a few days. He left you money in the shelf of the desk, so when you'll be hungry, go to the market or a tavern, and buy something. Don't let anyone into the shop in the meantime, alright?" she requested, bending over. Her turquoise locks fell over and lined her face as she spoke. The little girl nodded after each sentence. "Thank you, I will remember. Hope he returns soon." she said silently. Nill softly patted her on the head, smiled, and walked out.

"I'm all ready." she greeted Vel with a confident smirk, crossing her arms on her chest. "Shall we go?"

DaGlobster

Vel waited patiently for Nill to come back down. There were a lot of things racing through his head, like what would happen if this didn't work out. He cursed his instincively helpful nature. It was always something he couldn't shake off.

Vel, could you reach that book for me?

Vel shuddered as memories of his life under Master trickled back. "No, this is different. These people didn't ask for help..." He muttered to himself while he was still alone. He shook away his erroneous thoughts and fears. Nill came back down, and he perked up. "Lets." he said, and stood up, opening the door and holding it open for Nill to walk through.

Anadwen

Nill walked out of the door with her usual movement, resembling a flow of water, tying the long turquoise hair up to stop it from falling into her face. "I told Urari what to do and locked him in the wardrobe. Thanks for the door. We'll have to take a boat for a while, so I hope you don't mind water..." she explained on the way out of the courtyard of the shop.

DaGlobster

Vel clasped his hands together, a visible spring in his step. "A boat? I love the water!" Vel said in a giddy tone in no way meant for the voice he was using at the moment. Of all the things in the natural world, the ocean is what intrigues him the most, and if anything, he'd like to devote his entire existence to it once he was done exploring the land.

"I'm something of an amateur fisherman. Well, amateur anything, really. I've had plenty of time for myself to learn basically any skill I could ever want." Vel explained.

Anadwen

"That's good." Nill replied, raking through her long hair in an attempt to scruff it up. "We're going through water for a long time. The place I need to take you to is in a cave underwater..." she explained while leading him through the city, now and then giving the satchel with Arthfael's head a glance.

She led him towards the docks. Once again, the stench of fish and drunk fishermen greeted them, and through that smell Nill made her way towards a small boat, stuck in the back. A man sat on the pier before it, gazing somewhere into the distance at the dawning sky. She poked him with the tip of her shoe, and he immediately turned towards her. "Huh? Whatcha want?" he groaned.
"You know what I want when I come here, Jairu. The boat." she replied harshly, tossing him a small coin. He caught it and scrambled back to his feet, stepping away to let Nill in. "Thank you, Nill!" he replied in fear, quickly running away.

She stepped into the boat with confidence, and gestured towards Vel to follow her. "Just come. It looks rotten, but it can carry us." she assured him. The boat wasn't as bad as it looked - that is, if someone didn't make a hole into it in the meantime.

DaGlobster

Vel happily stepped onto the boat, clutching all four of his hands together. "I've traveled on worse..." He commented, deciding against using his magically modified voice until he actually needed, no matter how cool it actually sounded. "Where does this "cult" live, anyways?"

Anadwen

She shook her head. "I can't tell you that. I'll have to cover your head with my jacket as we get there." she explained, and leaned over the back of the boat, submerging her hands into the water. The boat started moving, carried by a current of water, as she moved them, and it sped up, breaking the surface of the water. They moved along the shore, north and away from the ports.

DaGlobster

"Ah, I understand your secrecy." Vel said, and sat down, being careful not to squish Arthfael's head under his weight. He held a hand out, and another purple vortex appeared in it before disappearing, leaving a fishing rod in his hand. it had two cranks and an incredibly complex spool of wire.  They were just barely out of port, so Vel didn't need to use his own supplies of bait. He snapped his metal fingers together, and a small bait fish flew out of the water and into his iron grasp, which he promptly attached to the hook.

After a few seconds of adjusting the line, he cast it. He went still and motionless as he waited for a bite.

Anadwen

Stretching her legs across the boat, Nill carefully watched how Vel took out his fishing rod. "You really do like fishing, am I right?" she joked, a small smile appearing on her lips. It slowly shifted into a smirk, revealing her sharp teeth. "It looks really interesting to see you in this... Form with a rod in your hands." 

She was really the right one to speak. Even despite her charming form, Nill was a deadly hunter of men and treasures.

In the meantime, the boat continued its journey by the coast, pushed forwards by the stream that she created. The water was moving aside to made way to this small boat...

DaGlobster

Vel chuckled at Nill's joke, and turned his head to look at her. "Strange words, coming from someone who's blood comes from the water demons." He retorted, but his tone was playful enough. "But I digress..." He said, standing up. The arms holding the rod did not come with him, instead floating in mid air as they dislocated themselves from their sockets. He remained with his upper pair only.

Every once in a while, one of the floating arms would crank the line a bit, or bob the rod.

He sat at the prow, and took his violin out of its case. He started playing an idle melody, much like a sailor's shanty, but slowed down to the pace of a waltz.

Anadwen

"Don't say it like if it was a bad thing! I keep this boat going, boy!" Nill quipped back, tilting her head to the side, and pointing a finger up at the starry sky with an incredible amount of sass. However, the way he left his arms floating interested her.

It was another of his funny antics... Funny, yet with a potential to be deadly and dangerous. A small smirk appeared on her lips as Vel took his violin out, and begun playing another song.

She wished she'd be on a ship's deck, dancing with Arthfael like when they were young. Even though he wasn't one hell of a dancer, it was always so comforting and pleasing.
"This sounds a little like when I used to dance with the Hawk... Now, I wouldn't dare," she cackled shortly, "you've seen the shoes he wears. Tell me... Have you ever had pirates dancing to your tunes?"

DaGlobster

Vel talked as he idly and slowly played, keeping rythm by tapping his foot against the floor of the boat. "Can't say I've played to pirates before today. I've played to Master, my brothers and sisters, mercenaries, dukes, and even a few fae spirits." He recounted, and went silent again as he continued to play. He was still paying attention to what she had to say, however.

Anadwen

"Well, one day you might." Nill winked at him seductively, shifting aside to let her ample curves stand out under the measly clothing she wore. "And I wonder, what would I count as?"

DaGlobster

"You?" Vel repeated, gazing out towards the sea. "You're dark, you're infinite in your mysteries and beauty, and as far as I know, you're merciless. I'd have to say that when I play to you, I play to the ocean itself." Vel said, and stood up, detaching his other set of arms, which continued to play the violin.

In his empty sockets, spectral arms appeared, and he held them out to her. "Shall we pass the time with a dance?"

Anadwen

"Indeed, I am..." the mysterious smile on Nill's lips became an invitation. She took off the belt and boots she wore, and just in a wide white dress slipped right over the boat's edge. "Let us dance, then." she giggled.

Water was her home. Like a veil, it covered her figure, easily keeping up with the speed of the boat, and she, twirling in a mesmerizing rhythm in the water, dove underneath the surface to come up again, over and over again.

DaGlobster

Vel was intent on following her off the boat, but as soon as he stepped onto the edge, he hesitated. He took the bag with Arthfael's head and left it on the floor, and mentally braced himself. Jumping into the deep waters of the ocean was something he eventually planned to do in his life, but after considerable study. Regardless, he stepped over the edge.

At first, his heavy frame of brass, steel, and magically treated wood sunk like a fully armored knight with a weight tied to his ankles. He thrashed at first, but grew calm as the panels on his upper body popped open and slid aside, exposing the large fans that kept his inner working cool. They sped up, and he stabilized in the water. He could see just fine in the water, since he had no proper eyes to be obscured by it.

He reached out to Nil for help, although there was no urgency in it. He just needed her to lead in the dance for a bit while he got his bearings.