Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Colors of Mourning {M}

Started by visualspice, April 18, 2014, 10:02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"I know, Oakley. I Know." And here, she took his hand and squeezed them lightly while peering up into his eyes. "And I wish I never had to have those men. Often times I have to pretend they're you, or else I'd go crazy. But by Ansgar's name, Oakley.... if only we were to live in another life."
Now the tears were streaming down her face uncontrollably as she tried to ignore them. "I know it's not fair to be angry with you for so much. You're about as much as a prisoner of your life as I am with mine. But... it does not mean it still does not hurt. And I can only ever imagine how you felt like all of those years, knowing what I had to do, every day just to pay the bills."
And now there were too many tears for her to even see him as she turned away and trie dto brush them off on her sleeve.

~~~

And Jinai tried to follow after him, but she was so high on opiates, she tripped over the bushes and landed within them- laughing like a hyena-
and people were beginnign to stare.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Oakley never considered himself a strong man, but for the life of him, he couldn't bear to watch Renna cry or suffer even more, so he did the only thing that came naturally to him and his arms went around her, even as she tried to hide them, brush her tears away.  He came forward and hugged her too him, putting her head underneath his chin.

--
Jude found Jinai and put a hand over her mouth.  "Shush...people are going to talk.  And we want to surprise them when we fuck in the bushes.  You can't let them see your face, remember?" he murmured.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Too bad for Jude, Jinai's opiates were kicking in full time and she was laughing like a crazy person, all the while Renna was sobbing as she hugged onto Oakley.

"I'm sorry. I know we've been through all of this..  I just never realized how much it would hurt to realize you have a life with someone else."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Reality does have a way of hitting us the hardest, I guess," Oakley breathed through sobs of his own, but tears did not yet break through his eyes.  Instead he just hugged her and rubbed her back long enough to sufficiently feel and reassure himself that she was truly there beside him, and this wasn't all just some bad dream.

Meanwhile Jude was rolling around in the bushes with Jinai, effectively sitting on her to keep her relatively in place.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"Oh, look at me, crying over my own loss when my Aunt is dead and you... I should be happy for you you have a child," she said, sniffling and trying to brush away her tears. "How is your wife doing? I know child birth can be very hard on a woman."

Lion

Oakley sobered at the change of subject and he brushed a set of curls out of his face.  "Andreya is doing much better since the baby was born.  Her hips were a little too narrow for the task but she was determined to get our daughter out of her."  He laughed a little at his choice of wordings.  But it quickly faded.  "But it took its toll on her, yes."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Renna tried to smile, but her lips quivered and it was evident that it was forced.
"I bet witnessing the birth of your daughter was beautiful. Your wife must be very happy."

Lion

Oakley squeezed her hand and gave her a small nod.  "We both are. I love Lysabet, and I know if you met her, you'd fall instantly in love with that little girl too," he said with a smile.   But he quickly sobered.  "But I've missed you more than anything...I still think of you most of the day.  Sometimes it's hard to get anything done."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She knew she would too. Which is why things were getting harder and harder for her to cope.
She blinked back a few tears and nodded, averting his gaze.
"I probably would," she whispered. "Everything you ever touch is warmed by your gift. I have no doubt your daughter basks in the same love and attention you pay to your flowers."
A love and devotion she knew she could never have, even if it were what they both had wanted.

Lion

Oakley ducked his head for a few seconds.  "I am a bit shamed, I'm afraid.  With all that's happened, I haven't been able to keep up with my garden as I used to.  Some of the flowers are dying."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

At such a admittance, Renna's eyes went wide, but then she peered away from him, eyes ever thoughtful as they wavered. Then slowly, a sad smile crept across her lips.
"That's because you've found something to love more than flowers," she whispered. "Your child. I bet she is truly Ansgar's gift."

Lion

He'd thought of it that way once or twice, but he wasn't in the habit of foregoing something in which he had loved all his life, even in the face of his family.  Perhaps it was still that stubborn attachment to his youth, that innocence he had always known and his eyes turned down, looking at the table instead and he frowned.  "Yeah," he replied distantly.  "She is.  She really is beautiful."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"How long will you be visiting?" she asked softly, after their conversation had drifted into silence.

Lion

"Not long, I don't think," Oakley admitted with a soft sigh.  He gave a forced smile and looked up at her.  "But it was nice to see you again."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Yeah, considering the circumstance..." She said with a sigh and roll of her eyes. "So I suppose we don't have much time then?" She said, finding her own hands gently touching his.

Lion

Oakley raised his head, looking in her eyes for a moment and giving a small smile.  His face had grown mostly out of that boyish simper, from the usual blushes and matured in steeper angles into dawned manhood.  "Is there someplace we can take a walk?" he asked softly, squeezing her hands.  "Privately."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Yes, in the gardens ."She moved towards the door, but slowly, sparing him but one small glance. "I really did miss you, Oakley. And I don't think I realized just.how much until we were near."

Lion

Oakley nodded to her as he followed her out into the garden.  The air was silent except for the soft chirp of crickets and the call of night birds...and the gentle purrs and moans from Jude and Jinai in the bushes.  Oakley did blush then and held Renna's hand all that tighter to him.  "Did they say how your aunt passed?" he asked softly.  "I hope she didn't suffer."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Renna pursed her lips.
"I hope she did suffer! After all the pain she caused me!" Renna said bitterly, while blinking back tears and ignoring the activity in the bushes.

Lion

Oakley didn't even flinch when she said that.  He squeezed her hand and nodded.  He tried to have no ill will toward anyone, but some were harder than most.  "So how have you been, short from dancing on her grave I mean?" Oakley said with a small grin, but it quickly faded.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Tags: