Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

When Dusk is Falling [open]

Started by Ickedu, April 24, 2014, 07:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ickedu

Phoebe walked slowly over to where she had dropped her bag earlyer, from time to time looking back anxious, always expecting, that the Thing would come after her any second. But when this didn't happen, she began walking a bit faster, took her bag when she reached it and quickly walked over to some bushes behind which she could hide.

This she did, and sat there for a moment, breathing deeply, trying to get her head clear. But all this still didn't make any sense to her. Phoebe really considered just walking away, but somehow... This also did  not feel right. SO she began changing her wet clothes agains the dry ones she had in her bag. She took her time, to see if the Thing really would not come after her.

Brisinger987

Aurael watched Phoebe hide, able to see where the girl had gone. Instead, Aurael just sat and stoked the fire. Lots.

And she thought, deeply, about whether it was worth giving up being a human. No-one treated her like one anymore. Why put herself through all this mistrust. She could be feared. A terror to all that opposed her. Except cute things. Cute things would be left alone. And people in pretty dresses.

Ickedu

When she had changed and waited some time, and there was no sign of the Thing hunting her, Phoebe sighed quietly, took her wet clothes and her dress and stepped out of the bushes again, slowly walking back to the fire.
The dress she now wore was even simpler and more practical than the one she had worn before and would not really qualify as "pretty".

Shortly before she reached her former place at the fire, she had to stop, because the fire had grown a good bit and it was becoming too hot for her likings.
"I'm sorry, but... would you mind.... keeping the fire a little smaller. It... is kind of unpleasant for me"

Brisinger987

"Oh, of course." Aurael obliged, letting the fire die back, before shuffling away a bit.

"I'm bathing in heat, I have lave tears and fire in me. I won't do you any good."

Ickedu

"As long... as you don't do me any bad" Phoebe tried a smile, that came out kind of strained and awkward.

"If you don't mind... I.... will eat something. I still have a few supplies. Do you... are you hungry too? What do you eat?"

She began taking a few things out of her bag. A bit of dried meat, some bread and an apple. It was no fancy meal, but it would be enough until tomorrow she would reach the next town.

Brisinger987

"I can't eat things. Anything that enters my throat is incinerated, I don't even taste it. And I don't need to eat. So I've forgotten." Aurael sighed, staring at the fire, still trying to resolve her internal conflict. Did she have the guts to kill someone? To kill someone in cold blood? Well, if she killed this girl, she wouldn't lose anything. But, could she take a life?

Ickedu

"That is... I'm sorry."

Phoebe began slowly eating from her meat and bread.

"So.... What are you doing?"

Brisinger987

Aurael made her choice. She began to well up air in her lungs, and attempted to let out a vicious roar.

But at the last second, her voice box closed, and all that came out was a squeak, and she hid her face in embarrassment.

"Nothing..."

Ickedu

Phoebe was busy eating and hadn't noticed the Things momentary change of behavior.
"Nothing? I mean... What are you doing when you are not busy with saving or talking to... a girl at a lake."