Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Don't Shoot the Messenger! [Moonie!]

Started by Ivory, May 01, 2014, 12:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She hoped beyond hope that he was right. That this nightmare was truly over and that life could resume as it always had been. But even that seemed like a night mare, as she timidly shook her head, swallowing the knot within her throat and being too petrified to even speak. The words would have came out sounding choked anyways, and the sooner she could get home, the better.

To get as far away from this place and to be somewhere safe, and to be somewhere that was hers....
And she truly never thought she'd miss her son as much as she did. She'd hug him for forever, the second he was in her arms again.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

How he wished that she would talk to him. Gabriel sighed softly, not knowing what else to say to put her mind at ease, all he could do was hold her and hope that would be enough. Seeing her this upset really unnerved him. Raging Valia, bratty Valia, demanding Valia, those he could handle, this pitiful state of terror was breaking his heart.

"Rodrick, go to Reajh, inform the Grand Duchess that her sister is safe and on her way home with us, then return to your home and family." The soldier broke away from the group and rode away hastily. Gabriel addressed his brother then. "We'll ride until dusk, then stop at the nearest Lord's estate for the night. It is too dangerous to travel at night, and I would find a carriage to transport my wife home in as much comfort as can be managed."

visualspice

Valia remained quietly pressed against her husband's side. She was doing all she could to fight off the tears that threatened, but no matter how hard she tried, she was both elated and terrified. Yes, she was safely in her husband's arms... but they were so very far away from their home. At the mention to stay the night at another nobleman's, she found his arm suddenly and clung to it in a hug. It was partially so she knew he was there, as a comforting measure. It was also because she wanted to let him know she needed him, and badly. Even if she was silent, her actions were at least speaking volumes for her.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

The way she clung to him was pitiful. Gabriel shifted in the saddle, arms hugging Valia tightly to his chest. He could still sense her terror, and though he wished he could take away all the negative emotions raging through her, wished he could erase all the pain that she had been through, he knew that he might never undo all the harm that was done to her.

"I know you want to go home, my love, I'll get you there as fast as I can, but I'm right here, you're not leaving my side. Not now. Not ever." He murmured softly to her, trying to be reassuring as he held her close.

visualspice

At his words, she melted into him, closing her eyes and trying to fight off trembles and tears. But it was difficult, so very difficult. And all she could find herself doing and saying was whispering a course, "Thank you," from her lips as a few salty tears slid down her pink, flushed cheeks.

Zero

"You don't have to hold it in, Valia." Gabriel said softly.

The next few hours were a blur for Gabriel. He held Valia close at all times, softly murmuring assurances from time to time and occasionally rubbing her back soothingly as they rode steadily towards Orchy. The sun had begun to set, casting long shadows across the ground. They turned off the main road towards an estate, it belonged to Lord Lorcan.

One of the men had ridden ahead, so they were expected. Gabriel pulled to a stop in front of the manor, a stableman stepped up to take the reins. He slid out of the saddle, pulling Valia down into his arms and carrying her bridal style into the house. It wasn't home, but it would have to do for now. A maid showed them up to a room, an enormous four poster bed took up much of the space, with a nice fire already going in the fireplace.

Finally safely behind closed doors, with some measure of privacy, he moved to the bed and gently set Valia down. "They'll bring up our things and supper shortly. Would you like for me to order a hot bath drawn for you, my love? It might make you feel better." He offered gently.

visualspice

Valia remained numb most of the ride to the estate, but internally, her heart beat was anxiously hammering away inside her chest, and her skin had grown clammy and pale. So the second they were off of the road, it offered her some relief, and while Gabriel carried her inside, she buried herself against him, to keep herself from noticing any of the prying eyes of those around them.

Once they were in their private room, and she, resting upon the bed, she remained there a moment, simply staring around and gave a light nod when he inquired about a bath. Yes... it certainly would make her feel better. It usually did.

Zero

Gabriel pressed a soft kiss to Valia's forehead before walking to the door and opening slightly to flag down a passing maid. Quietly he made his requests before carefully closing the door, trying to make as little noise as possible. He was exhausted, and he couldn't even being to imagine how his poor, abused wife must feel right now, but he wasn't worried about himself, only about her.

Returning to the bed he sat down next to Valia and pulled her into his lap, holding her fiercely, he finally let himself really cry. Indeed, he didn't merely cry, Gabriel sobbed as his head rested against her shoulder, his body trembling with the release of all the pent up tension he had been filled with for so long. Everything had been spiraling out of control since Valia had first started pushing him away from her, when she had been taken it had completely overwhelmed him, and now she was here and he wasn't even sure how he should be feeling.

"Don't ever leave me again, please. I don't know what I did to make you stay away, but I'll fix it. I'll fix it, I promise. Anything to make you stay."

visualspice

It was at her husband's sobbing that she had begun to realize so much about him- and about herself. How ignorant she was before... before, well all of that. To think, how rotten and stubborn and unrealizing she was of all the good things they shared. And as he wept, she simply clung to him, her own body too numb in the moment for tears.

But towards the end a few did fall, slipping down her cheek in hot, salty trails.

"Oh, Gabe..." she began, her voice croaky and dry from their long journey here. "It was not your fault. It was never your fault. I just... I don't know how it all had begun, but I was too prideful to go back once it started. But I was so afraid, so very afraid...." And it was here, she found herself beginning to weep, tears wetting his shoulder as she clung onto him.

"Our son.. I think it started with the birth of our son. The first time I truly thought I was to die." Her lips trembled at how foolish she was, but it was terrifying,- it truly was. And she was thankful to be alive. It just seemed so much easier to push him away, to keep them from ever making love- to forbid herself ot ever be in that sort of danger before.

But then...
Here she was, having gone through something she believed to be far, far worse than that. And how she was to explain that to him?

"Oh, Gabe.. I just wish I could have told you sooner. How I was being so foolish, and why.. I just... It was so difficult. I never thought I could be so afraid, so weak.... and in the end, it was more than myself I hurt, but you... " And hten she choked on a sob, thinking to their son. "And our son." She placed a hand ove rher lips, whihc were trembling once more as tears  streamd down from her eyes.

Zero

All Gabriel could manage to do was cling to his wife, to sob out all the anguish, the pain, the heartache, the fear that had consumed him. They were sobs of relief as well. She was here, he was going to take her home, and they were going to work this all out. He refused to lose her.

So she spoke and he listened, rocking them both gently as his ever elusive and unfathomable wife finally, after all these years, shared what was going on. By the time Valia's voice broke as she choked back a sob Gabriel had managed to quiet himself to a slow flow of silent tears. His mind was trying to work over what he'd been told, and he felt confused and hurt by what he'd learned. Six years they had lost in time that could have been spent making their marriage strong, and for what? Valia's pride?

He should be resentful of that. He really should. However he couldn't find it in himself to resent his beautiful bride. Gabriel held her tighter. "Valia you should have told me sooner. I love you and I'm your husband, you can tell me anything. I didn't realize how afraid you've been all this time..."

Gabriel felt his chest tighten painfully at the thought of her living in fear for years. Afraid of him. That hurt more than words could even say. "I wish you would have told me. I won't say that I understand how afraid you were when you gave birth to Tyler, only a mother could understand what you went through, but Valia..."

Oh Ansgar, he didn't know what to say! She needed him to say something, he knew that. "Tyler is the light of my life. Our son is beautiful, he's so smart, and sweet. You gave him to me Valia, I hadn't realized I could love you more than I already had, but when he was born I couldn't imagine my life without either of you. These years apart have been killing me.

"I want more beautiful children with you Valia, but if you don't want them I would never try to make you go through that again. If you had just told me we would have been careful to prevent it and I would have simply been grateful that Ansgar blessed us with such a wonderful little boy."

He pulled back enough to gaze down at his wife, and he lifted a hand to her chin to gently make sure she was looking at his eyes, which were full of love and longing. "That same wonderful little boy that is waiting at home for us to return, and who loves you unconditionally. He has missed you very much, but he will just be happy to have you home. We will just be happy to have you home."

visualspice

Valia couldn't speak. She was too wracked with emotions that her entire body just shook with sobs. She held him fiercely, not wanting to let go, and just let herself cry and cry. She wanted to be home, she wanted to be free- and soon, well, after all of this madness, these feelings, this confusion and guilt would subside...

Perhaps then... life can be as it should. And she could only pray that it would.

Oh, God bless her wonderful husband. What did she ever do to deserve someone like that?
Such patience.. such virtue...
Like her reasonable and patient mother had been....

Zero

Gabriel sighed softly as he cradled his sobbing wife in his lap, all he could really do was let her cry. Hopefully her tears would help her release all the negative emotions and thoughts going through her mind right now. He wished he could do more, but he was at a loss as to what more he could do except be there, loving and supportive, while she worked through everything that troubled her heart.

He pulled her gently down with him as he leaned back, laying with her against his chest, arms wrapped protectively around her as his lips found her forehead and kissed her again. They had been reunited for hours now, though it was mostly spent on horseback, and Gabriel had kissed her many times - on the top of her head or her forehead - but so far he had avoided taking her sweet lips in a kiss. Right now he wasn't sure if she would welcome it. He didn't know what had been done to her while she'd been held captive. Although he could guess and just that thought was enough for him to hold her tighter.

visualspice

By the time Valia calmed, the bath had been ready, and once the servants had all gone and left she and her husband alone again,s he grew strangely quiet. Even her tears had long since ceased as she awkwardly peered over at the bath, then down at herself.

Never before had she felt so self conscious, especially before her husband. But what would he say to seeing her body again? And to see it in such disarray? She almost wished she had decided to forego the bath, as she bit her top teeth into her lower lip nervously, nearly drawing blood.

Zero

Gabriel had stayed quiet, just laying with Valia in his arms, hardly giving the servants that prepared the bath for his wife a second glance. The maids made as little noise as possible, barely even looking at the occupants of the room as they went about their duties. Once everything was ready and the maids gone he looked at the steaming bath with a touch of longing. One of the first times they had made love Valia had rode him vigorously in a tub, how wonderful things had been back then, despite his wife's generally haughty attitude.

His saddlebags had been left in a pile by the door, he sighed softly and kissed the top of Valia's head again. Gabriel was a little surprised by her hesitation, he'd thought she'd have been eager to get into the tub after a long day sitting on a horse, especially considering all the stress she'd been under. He caught her biting her bottom lip and frowned softly as he reached a hand up and let his thumb trace over her lips admiringly.

"You've nothing to worry about, Valia." He thought he knew what was bothering her now, and he felt a little trepidation to see the condition of her body, but not because he thought anything could make him find her less breath-taking, but because he wasn't sure how badly his temper might flare to see what damage might have been done. He replaced his thumb with his lips, kissing her softly. "You're the most beautiful woman in the world to my eyes, nothing will change that, my love."

visualspice

Despite being glad these advances were her husband's, it did not stop her from flinching back.
"Please.. Gabriel...." she was feeling suffocated, and more paranoid the nearer he got. She clutched onto her clothing, tears threatening in her eyes.
"I.... I just think I need some time alone."

And for him not to see the marks, the bruises, or any of it, just yet.

Zero

That flinch might as well have been a kick in the gut. Gabriel felt a thick lump in his throat that he tried to swallow down as he pulled back from his wife. He'd avoided kissing her for exactly this reason. He shouldn't have tried yet. It was just so hard to have her there and still not be able to shower her in all the love she deserved. If she didn't want him there wasn't anything he could do about it.

Gabriel had to turn his eyes away from her as he sat up, he was trying to school his face into something neutral, but the flash of hurt in those green eyes had been impossible to conceal. "Of course. You've had a rough time."

What about what he'd been through for years because of her? No, that was selfish and wrong for him to think. She'd been through hell at the hands of her kidnappers. He couldn't appreciate just how hard everything was on her right now. Maybe it was best to give her a little space while she sorted through it all.

He stood from the bed, there was a defeated slump to his shoulders as he walked over to the door and knelt down to rummage in his bags. He pulled a pink silk nightgown and matching robe from his luggage. Walking back to the bed he laid them out for her. "I brought you a dress from home too, you know, for when we found you. I thought you might want them...your hair brush, some of your perfume, a few other items..."

Gabriel still wasn't looking at her, he kept his eyes down as he pointed back to the bag. "Just, whatever is there in the bag is for you. Enjoy your bath, darling." He shuffled out of the room without another word, and without looking at her again.

visualspice

The look from her husband was not lost on her, and it only helped cement the knot in her belly and throat. With a nod, and a half-muttered, "Thank you," she waited until he was long gone before letting a few hot tears slip down her cheeks as she began to undress. And it was a difficult thing to do. Without a maid or husband to help her loosen the lace, it took her a frustratingly long time, but eventually she worked herself free and carelessly let the dress drop onto the floor. And she was at wits end by that time,a nd covering herself, despite being alone, she slipped into the bath and it was at that moment, where she was mostly submerged in waters that she began to weep.

Zero

Gabriel stood there just outside the door for several minutes, just feeling lost, confused, and hurt. Finally he slumped against the wall and slid down to the floor, not really having the energy for much else. All the emotional stress was catching up to him, sapping the strength from his limbs as he huddled there by her door. Being this far from her right now was difficult, but he wanted to follow her wishes. All he'd wanted was a kiss.

People passed him in the hall as they went about their business, but he looked at none of them, and none of them seemed to pay him any mind. Probably a good thing, he wasn't in the mood to deal with people prying into things that weren't their business. He thought he could hear Valia crying through the door, which only set him further on edge as he sulked. He should be in there to wipe away her tears, but she didn't want him, though he didn't understand what he had done wrong now.

A deep sense of resignation was coiled in his stomach. There marriage was so different, they had been so passionate there at the beginning. Gabriel had expected their relationship would change as time passed, as children were born, but this was so very different than anything he had ever imagined. Gabriel eventually dozed off in his uncomfortable position guarding Valia's door.

visualspice

Valia spent an enormous amount of time bathing. She herself could have fallen asleep, but was lulled back into the world of despair as the remains of her tears clung to her eyes and she eventually stepped out of the bath. It took some effort, but she eventually dried herself and wrapped her hair in a towel, or as much of it as she could, and moved about to slip into the pink dress her husband had brought.

But the pain from her wounds sustained from her kidnapping... coupled with the fact this dress was far more complex than the one she had been borrowing..s he could hardly tie herself in. After a time, she finally relented into seeking the help from her husband, and was surprised whens he pened the door and found him laying there, asleep, beside the door.

Zero

Gabriel had no idea how long he had been slumped there in a fitful doze, but the door creaking slightly as it opened roused him enough to drag his green eyes open. Peering up to see Valia standing over him, causing his breath to catch in his throat, which made him swallow thickly. Even with her hair wrapped up in a towel and her dress not properly laced she was breath-taking, maybe it was because of her slightly disheveled appearance. Though he wondered why she'd gone after her dress instead of her nightgown and robe.

He groaned softly as he shifted stiffly, his body ached. Too many days in the saddle and an uncomfortable position there on the floor was to blame for that, no doubt. Sitting up fully he rubbed at his eyes a moment before dragging himself to his feet. With a sigh he ushered her back into their room and shut the door. Valia was safe with him now, but he still didn't want her out in the open, or anyone else around her, or staring at her. Right now he felt too protective, was still wound too tight.

"I imagine you want help lacing up." Dutifully he moved around the back of her, fingers gently going to work tightening her dress for her. With an effort he even managed not to touch her in any other way, merely lacing the dress as if he wasn't dying to hold her.