Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Practice Makes Perfect

Started by visualspice, May 16, 2014, 03:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Red Sun took his hand and was pulled to her feet, and blinked at his comment. She moved two fingers to wipe at the blood nad peered down at it,t hen back to him, before wiping it onto his shirt.
"There, you can keep it. As a memento."

And seeing how the pair were getting even more close for comfort, Karime snapped his fingers and his guards were moving in, giving Red Sun's golden chain a pull.

"Guess there goes my day of training," she said, feeling the pull on her neck, but managing to still stand her ground.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

Cassius pulled his shirt out and looked down at the blood that was now on it.

"Ah man," he said. "It's impossible to remove blood stains."

As he said this, more blood dripped from his nose and landed on his shirt making an even bigger stain. Cain chuckled.

"All well. I have plenty more of these."

It was then that Red Sun's chain got tugged and she said she was done training for the day.

"I guess I'm done too," Cassius told her. "I'll be wanting that at some point though."

With a smile and a wink, Cassius walked away to wash the blood off of himself that was leaking from his nose. He had actually beaten her. As he reminisced and replayed the fight in his head, he got to the part where Red Sun fell into his arms. It was a rather unexpected occurence, but it was no big deal. At least that's what he thought until he couldn't get the fight to move beyond that moment. Why could he not stop thinking about that moment? It had only lasted seconds. What possibly could have happened in those few seconds that he couldn't forget about it? Alcohol would surely help him forget about it. It made him forget everything else. He had even forgotten his name once. Yeah, alcohol. That would fix it.

visualspice

It didn't take too much more effort to drag Red Sun back to his home, and she was taken back to her room for the night, and unfortunately still wearing her golden leash. She knew she owed Cassius that drink, and she too, kept letting her thoughts drift back to the fight....
Well, it was better to think about that then what she was stuck doing, which was in her room, alone and not allowed to eat anything for the night. But she was growing restless. Ever since that night she had attempted to escape....

A servant entered the room, one of the guards who tended to her frequently. She noted he had a bowl of water in his hand and she paused to observe it, before suddenly doing the most stupid thing she could think of-
and that was kicking the bowl out of his hand. WHne hte water went everywhere and before the servant had a chance to realized what was going on, Red Sun bashed him over the head hard with a nearby vase, and the large man fell down in a painful thud to the ground.

Smirking, she saw the pile of keys at his side,a nd wasted no time slipping them in and removing her collar and leashed. She gave a shake of her head. It felt so good to be free of that damn collar and then after hearing hte man groaning, she wasted no time sneaking past him- then out into the night.

A smarter slave might have gone off to try her luck at freedom, but Red Sun decided to go elsewhere. And the night time streets were busy- so were the taverns. But she knew welle nough about Cassius's reputation for it to be confirmed just where he was, so when she approached him in the rowdy place, wouldn't he be surprised to see her- not leashed up but walking around the place, free?

Unfortunately for her, she couldn't find Cassius that easily. The place was alive, thriving like one large serpent of drunken fools. And pushing her way through the crowd, more than one person noticed her.. and just who she was. So as she began to seek out Cassius, a pair of large men stepped out in front of her.

"Well, well, well, Red Sun? The famous woman in the arena? Fancy meeting you here? Where's your leash?" one of the men asked with a dark laugh.

Red Sun's eyes narrowed.

"I haven't got one,"s he said. "Now move. You're in my way."

The men all laughed but did not oblige her.

"Seems to me you slaves need to know your place. And if Karime hasn't got his leash on you..."

Red Sun felt the man's hand go up her thigh, and when she moved to pull away, the other man moved up behind her with a laugh, groping at her ass. And that's when suddenly both men were knocked to the ground.

"KEEP YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFFA ME!!!" she roared.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

Cassius sat in tavern drinking his cares away. However, the alcohol was not helping to make that moment go away. In fact, it was making him wish it had lasted a bit longer. Goddamnit! What was wrong with him? She was a slave.

Cassius soon heard a commotion behind him, but he ignored it just like every other one. Bar fights happened. However, when he heard Red Sun's voice, that got his attention. He immediately stood and went to the source. Sure enough, there was Red Sun witn two very unhappy drunks picking themselves up off the floor. Cassius walked up behind the men and looked down on them.

"Is there a problem here, gentlemen?"

visualspice

"Yeah," one of the men sneered. "There's a slave here in our tavern. And she ain't got none of Karime's men leadin' her."

"Yeah. We ought to take it up to the night patrol. I'm sure they'll have no problems helpin' us bring her back to her master."

Wicked Basket

"I'll take care of it," Cassius told them. "Right after she buys me that drink she owes me for kicking her ass earlier today."

Cassius grabbed Red Sun roughly by the arm, drug her to the bar, and sat her down on one of the stools. Taking the seat next to her he spoke softly.

"You're really pushing your boundaries lately," he said with a chuckle. "It's a good thing I'm a pretty good actor."

visualspice

Red Sun cocked a brow.
"Oh, that was acting? So you were lying to those men when you said you'd take care of me. Though I doubt you could do much in your state. Are you already drunk?" she wrinkled her nose. "I can smell the drink on your breath."

Wicked Basket

"I honestly don't give a damn what you do," Cassius told her. "Let Karime worry his little head off for awhile. He won't be happy though. And I'm not drunk yet, but I'm getting there. I have a high tolerance."

Cassius emptied the glass in front of him and whistled to the bartender who automatically brought him another. He had been there enough times for the bartender to know what he wanted without asking.

visualspice

Red Sun peered at him curiously.
"So you can order drinks here with a whistle?" And so she tried it too, and smirked when the bartender looked at her funny, and then handed both Cassius and Red Sun his usual.

Wicked Basket

Cassius laughed at Red Sun's cluelessness.

"That's not usually how it works," he told her. "I've just been here so many times that he already knows what I want. Other people usually have to tell him what they want."

Cassius couldn't help but laugh again when the bartender actually brought something over. It was what he usually got.

"If you have never drank before I wouldn't drink that. It's strong stuff. You'll be on the floor after one sip."

visualspice

Red Sun stared back at Cassius skeptically.
"Is that a challenge? Besides, I owe you a drink," and she turned ot the bar tender and asked how much Cassius owed, and at the amount, she simply nodded and slipped the man a gold coin. The bartender stared at Red Sun, not certain what to make of it, but pocketed it none the less before moving on to wait on another customer.
"I think that ought to just about cover it,"s he said, and lifted the drink to her lips.

Wicked Basket

"It's friendly advice," Cassius told her. "And that's something I don't do often."

When she paid what he owed, he was somewhat curious as to where she got the gold coin from, but just wrote it off as Red Sun being Red Sun. When she lifted the drink to her lips he stopped her.

"I still don't think you should do that. It's powerful stuff, and I don't think you drink much."

visualspice

Red Sun peered back at him, drink just gracing her lips. She lowered it.
"Then what would you suggest?"

Wicked Basket

Cassius took her drink and slid it over in front of himself.

"Hey," he called out to the bartender. "Bring something for a lightweight."

The bartender grudging got to work and brought over another drink that was a bit clearer than Cassius' drink. He slid the drink in front of Red Sun.

"Here. This isn't so strong. We call it noob juice for those who have never been properly introduced to alcohol before."

visualspice

Red Sun cut him a look.
"And who's to say I've never had a drink before? Besides, I'm not sure I like the idea you can best me at two things in one day."

Wicked Basket

"Alright. You want to be competitive," Cassius asked sliding his usual back in front of her. "Then we drink on three and see who finishes first. How does that sound?"

visualspice

Red Sun smirked.
"I thought you didn't condone this, taking advantage of an amateur." But she lifted the glass anyway and tipped it towards him. "On three."

Wicked Basket

"You asked for it," Cassius told her lifting his own glass. "I'll let you count because you're the 'amateur'."

visualspice

"That's so kind of you," she said,keeping her glass lifted and simply stated, "Three," as she knocked back the drink in great big gulps, hoping to get ahead of him, but damn, did that stuff burn and was going straight to her head!

Wicked Basket

Cassius had been expecting her do try something like that. He tipped back his head and downed it in a couple large gulps. What Red Sun didn't know was that Cassius wasn't only undefeated in the arena, but in the bar as well. He had never lost a drinking contest before. Cassius was down with his drink in no time at all.

"You done yet, Sunny," he asked slamming his glass down on the counter.