Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Awkward; A Fair

Started by visualspice, May 20, 2014, 03:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Jarrett didn't even shrug as he said, "He had a wife."

Had being the keyword.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

Einin gave him a suspicious look. "You seem to know an awful lot about him for someone who wasn't at all involved."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Jarrett simply replied, "It's not that hard when you're a witness to it."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

Einin blushed a little at that,  her assumptions about the situation proved wrong. "Oh," she said, and fell silent for a few moments after.

But when those moments passed, she looked up to Jarrett, nudging him lightly to get his attention. "You're not really going to do it, are you?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

It was at her little kick did he finally look away from the shore.
"Not do what?"

Rhindeer

"Kill some poor guy on a faire day," Einin answered with a frown.

visualspice

"What difference does it make what day it is?"

Rhindeer

That made Einin stop and think for a moment. A long moment. Finally, she perked up, raising a finger.

"It doesn't matter, actually! Murder is wrong any day of the week."

visualspice

"Yes," Jarrett went on, his tone still that of indifference. "But a jobs a job. And it's not like any of my kills are of innocents." He didn't need that on his conscience- even though it didn't seem like he had one, personality or other wise!
But then as he thought it over- there was one he did question.
"Except one mark I have...." and he gave this far away look before peering over at Einin.
"Your father.. what do you know about him?"
He didn't seem like that bad of a man- but who knew. He normally never investigated before a kill, but he might as well since they both were here and well, the words and inquiries kind of just came out.

Rhindeer

Einin froze, and her stomach dropped in a way that had nothing to do with the alcohol in her bloodstream.

She looked up at Jarrett, her brow furrowing and expression sobering, even though she was very much not sober.

"W...why are you asking about my father?"

She had a good guess as to why.

'Except one mark I have,' he'd said, right before mentioning her father.

visualspice

"He's one of my marks," he told her, his voice was even as ever. "Most marks I don't question or ask why. But if he were like the other ones I take, he would have been dead by now."

Rhindeer

Einin grabbed Jarrett then, taking both of his hands in hers and gripping them in a death grip. "Don't you dare hurt him."

visualspice

At such an action, both paddles dropped into the water and he simply stared at Einin.
"But I haven't yet." And he paused, frowning, his face actually seeming to struggle with thoughts- or an emotion.
"I told you this assignment was different."

Rhindeer

Einin didn't notice the paddles, or what that meant. Right now, that didn't matter. Her heart was pounding and her grip on him tightened even more as she looked up at him, almost pleading, and her stomach did sickly flip flops.

"So you're not gonna," she said, though it was more of a demand. "Please don't, Jarrett. I don't--"

She drew a deep breath. "I don't wanna have to hurt you."

visualspice

Jarrett just stared at her. And he blinked. He wasn't sure what to say so he shifted uncomfortably, but didn't fight her grip on his hands. It didn't really hurt anyway- and to him? Well she was kind of harmless out here anyway.

"I'm not going to. At least not right now," he told her plainly.

Rhindeer

"Not ever!" Einin corrected fiercely, shaking his hands. "He's my father, and I love him, and he loves me. He's a good man! We don't always get along, but he tries to do good by me, and he has, even if he doesn't really get me. And no matter how much we might bicker now and then, that's what families do, and--"

Tears began to fill her eyes, as the alcohol plus the thought of losing her father blended into one potent cocktail. "Don't take him from me."

visualspice

Jarrett frowned at her tears. He went silent. He wasn't exactly the sort that consoled any body, let alone knew how to do it. He studied her for a long moment before deciding his answer with a simple, "Okay."

And promptly felt... very strange after he said it.

Rhindeer

"...Huh?"

Einin's expression went from hurt and angry to owlish as his words gave her some sort of emotional whiplash. She tilted her head, blinking several times. "Wait. What? 'Okay'? You...so you agree? Just like that?"

visualspice

Jarrett shrugged.
"He doesn't have to be my mark any longer. But that doesn't mean someone else might go after his bounty."

Rhindeer

Einin's head swam. "Jarrett, why is there a bounty on my father?"