Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Awkward; A Fair

Started by visualspice, May 20, 2014, 03:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Because someone wants him dead," came his blunt answer.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

"I know that! But who? And why?" Einin asked with a frustrated sound.

"Don't you know? Since you got offered the bounty?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

"Sometimes those who post the bounties are a third party. This one didn't have a particular name latched to it, but it did have coin upfront. Which is an odd scenario for a killing that's desired to be discrete. Then again, they probably know the risks involving an assassin already and the less information, the better. But as far as I know from the last time I had seen it, I was the only one who had taken an interest. But that was a while ago. And the ink on the paper had still been fresh."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

Einin chewed on her bottom lip, worrying at her dress as she rubbed the fabric between her thumb and forefinger. "Is there...like, a way to destroy the bounty, or...?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Jarrett shrugged.
"Kill the one who posted it, it would revoke the bounty. Or kill your father. The bounty has been up for a while." Those seemed the only two logical solutions to him.

Rhindeer

Einin made a face. "Is there a method that doesn't involve murder? Like maybe just...I dunno, arresting the bounty-maker-person?"

visualspice

Jarrett just stared.
"Not when it involves assassins. Death is a guarantee. Prisons are not forever."

Rhindeer

Einin thought about that a long moment before she perked up and said, "Well, an assassin is a murderer. He would be tried and sentenced to death. His death would be just, and our problems would be over. See? I didn't say anything about death! Just not murder!"

visualspice

Jarrett simply stared at her.
"And you say that isn't murder? Killing another person is still killing. The man who rams his ax into the chopping block just has an easier job of it- his kills are given to him. Then he gets paid."

Rhindeer

"But it's justified!" Einin said, and furrowed her brow. "I think. If someone murders and they get put to death, it's just, because it's stopping them from taking more lives."

visualspice

Jarrett pondered over this statement for a while. It seemed there was a point to it, but he wasn't sure what to comment. Perhaps it's why he chose his marks so carefully. Either way, he supposed it didn't matter to Einin. After all, she was now in a boat with a killer, and a killer who she just found out had a mark on her father.

Thinking back to her comment, the same thing could have been said about the executioner. But he didn't comment about that, just stared off into space.

Rhindeer

"Uhm, hello?" Einin said when Jarrett did his spacy thing. She waved a hand in front of his face. "You there?"

visualspice

Jarrett's eyes returned to her. Blinking once, he just looked at her. But said nothing.

Rhindeer

With a frustrated huff, Einin reached out and pinched his arm. Hard.

visualspice

Jarrett nearly leaped out of his skin, the boat rocking and his face showing an expression she had yet to ever see. Surprise.
That's at least what one would call it as he stared at her, eyes still wide before they blinked and he almost returned to his normal, spacey expression. But soon he was frowning as he looked at her.

"I've heard many versions of justice."
He wasn't even sure he believed it was a word anymore.

Rhindeer

Einin gasped and stumbled backwards and away from Jarrett when he jolted, and she sat down heavily as the boat rocked and her stomach rocked with it. Eyes wide, she stared up at Jarrett in equal amounts of surprise, having never seen anything more than stoicism on his face!

"Oh, jeez! You scared me!" she gasped, clutching her belly, before she took a deep breath to calm herself. She blinked up at him and tilted her head, curious and concerned. "Are you...are you okay?"

visualspice

Jarrett only blinked. But realizing his stare was never really a good enough response for Einin, he settled on a shrug.

Rhindeer

Einin stared back at Jarrett, holding his eyes, a flat expression on her face.

"You're going to have to elaborate," she said. "I don't speak shrug."

visualspice

And at that, Jarrett went back to simply staring. And it appeared as if he might not even say anymore than that. But then he did, he did speak, though not much.

"What sort of response did you want?" He thought his response had sufficed. She asked if he was okay. A shrug was an affirmative. Did she not understand what a shrug meant? Confused, which was evident on his face only by a some what constipated look he now adorned, he then added, "Yes." And paused, feeling stiff and awkward. "I am okay." And by the faintest hint of a look, it almost appeared as if Jarrett had eaten something rotten, as his lips sagged into a frown.

Rhindeer

"A verbal response is always nice," Einin said, crossing her arms over her belly, which still felt rather queasy. "A shrug can mean anything. 'Sure', 'I don't know', 'Meh', 'Who cares?', to name a few. Besides, you don't really look okay. You look like you just took a bite out of a lemon."

She squinted her eyes at him a bit. "And you just about jumped off the boat a second ago."