Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A good Day to go hunting [closed]

Started by Lloyd Orodelo, August 03, 2014, 08:28:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Orodelo

Lloyd was tracking that deer since dawn.

That going to make a good meal tonight , he thought , I need to check my snares before night fall or those rabbits gonna feed someone (or something) else than me

Finally, he sees something near some bushes. The Deer. The string of his bow sung for the deer.
Lloyd rested himself while skinning and collecting what he needed.

The rest his for you all, he whispered, looking around him for someone or something in the bushes.

Delentus

Darius had to have been running through this forest for hours now, or at least that's how it felt for him.

I'm going to have to remember to not threaten a traveling merchant when his guards are right there next time. he thought to himself as started to slow down. Deciding it has been long enough and that his pursuers have given up on the chase. But while he was in his contemplation he pushed his way through a bush, and froze when he looked up and saw a man skinning a deer right in front of him.

Lloyd Orodelo

The Man jumped on his feet, ready for action. The man doesn't seems to be scared though.

«Who are you?He asked, Quite an entrance you made there,hahahaha! Can I help you with something? You look tired.

Delentus

Darius flashes a large grin then bows in a grandiose fashion. "My name is Darius Balugari, pleasure to meet you...sir. And I could use some help finding a way out of this forest. Preferably in a direction that I didn't just come from."

He then quickly glances behind him. "Did you hear something, that may or may not of sound like a small man-hunting group?" he asks the stranger nervously.

Lloyd Orodelo

Lloyd raised his hand, waiting for Darius to shake it. "I am Lloyd Orodelo, pleased to meet you. Well the only way out that I know that could help you is two days of walk, I have a place where you could find some rest before going out."He take a pause to listen. "Calm down boy, you're safe, whatever you are running away from!" He then start to laugh loudly.

"While you're there, could you give me a hand? I could make good stew out of that dear. That's what I call a m(ea)ting! Get it?" Then he start to laugh even louder while skinning the rest of the deer at his feet.

Delentus

Darius couldn't help but chuckle at the horrible pun and reached out to shake Loyd's hand. "That sounds fair, and the least I can do to repay your hospitality is to help you with this deer." ,he said as he reached behind his back and pulled out a dagger.

"So, I'm curious. Why do you live out here?" Darius asked as he cut into the venison.

Lloyd Orodelo

Suddenly, Lloyd's eyes darkened and his face come back to serious. "You see ,he started, I was born with a gift.  I can see the future and the past... he paused to take his shit off, And that gift gave me trouble and renown when I was a kid. People came to see me for guidance when I was 4 years old... At 8, someone came not for guidance but for murder. He almost got me but my mom, well my Foster mom,may whatever is up there bless her soul, she stopped him before the blade get anything important."

He took off his shirt, letting Darius see the giant scar crossing his torso. "Glad she did or I wouldn't be there to tell you that story. For my safety, Dad declared me dead in all the village around the house we had in those time and then we fled here."[/i]

Putting is shirt on again, Lloyd grinned and said "I still do fortunetelling sometimes though, when will I learn!" He laugh again and start packing the meat and pelts in his bag "Anyway... I won't ask you why you are here kid, its not my buisness! haha!"

He got up, washing his hands in a piece cloth hanging from his belt, looking at what they had. He looks to the sky saying that its time to go before its to dark.

Delentus

"Well that is quite the blessing, and curse you have there. I'm sorry to hear that your mother didn't survive, must of been hard growing up without her." Darius said as he looked in passive interest at the scar on Loyd's chest, but raised an eyebrow at the comments of continuing the fortune telling. "You must be either a brave man, or a mad man  to keep doing that after your experience." he said with a small laugh.

He let out a small sigh of relief at hearing Loyd had no interest in his predicament and motioned for him to lead the way.

Lloyd Orodelo

"Some call me insane and some don't care! I hope you are one of those who call me brave!I won't be mad if you don't (laugh for a few seconds) Lloyd had heard the sigh of Darius, say Kid, you look stressed, you could stay at my place for a few day before hitting the road again. I could use a pair of extra arms, since my father is really sick."

As he end his sentence, they emerge in a small clearing with a small river and a small field. A medium/large (like in between) wooden cabin by the river.
        The cabin had two doors and over one of them there was a sign:

Lloyd Orodelo's fortunetelling and hunting services
(In exchange of services and Errands)

Lloyd stops walking, take deep breathe and declare "Home, sweet home! Its nothing much but make yourself home as long as you need, you're safe here. It may even be the safest place in all Serendipity. I got some connection around here." He winks to Darius and invite him to enter.

Inside, there is a table for 8 people (and the chairs as well), a stove, a fireplace, four bed side to side (curtains separating them leaving enough room for some to walk) and a rocking-chair with someone in it.

Delentus

Darius smirks then replies "How about I call you both?" but then tenses a little when Loyd mentions staying for a few days. "No no, I couldn't possibly do that to you. A day at most is what I'm going to allow you to put up with me." he says with a small laugh.

"Quite a fine place you have here, except the river. Not much of a fan of rivers myself" he comments as they walk into the clearing where the cabin is, then notices the signs and laughs to himself. After entering inside though he looks around at all the furniture, which he thought was very well furnished for a cabin, then noticed the person in the rocking chair and introduced himself to them.

Lloyd Orodelo

The man in the chair doesn't seem to react...

"He sometimes falls asleep eyes open, whispered Lloyd to Darius. Hey dad! He says trying to wake the man up. Damn you're cold..." He froze...

Delentus

"I know how that is, I had a great uncle who did the same thing, thought he was dead once." Darius said as he took off his cloak and weapon belt. Then he turned around when Loyd said something about him being cold and realized what happened to the man in the chair.

Lloyd Orodelo

Lloyd, in tears, said "I'm going to dig is grave... If you want to pay your respect even though you didn't knew him... Meanwhile get some rest, i'll be back at moon rise"
He got out and the grave was three foot deep in 30 mins. The body was in the grave an hour later. Lloyd went to check his snares and brought back 10 hares.

Lloyd looked Zen when he got back.

"I hope you're hungry Darius, because we got a feast!" He said, grinning.

Then he went in a corner of the house, opens a trap door and take a chest out from under the house.

Delentus

"I'm sorry Lloyd." Darius said, offering his condolences to the man, even though he could care little about someone who he just met. And he wasn't even alive when he met him! But he still hoped the old man found rest in his pacing and did what Lloyd bid him to do and rested while he dug the grave, came back to get the snares and leave again.

He smiles though when Lloyd comes back, close to a dozen hares in his hand and smiles at him. "I am indeed hungry, but I hope you plan on eating some of those. Because I don't think I could eat them all." he says with a small laugh and gets up to help the other man prepare the meal.

Lloyd Orodelo

Lloyd open the chest reveling half a dozen of bottle of wine and a dozen of spirits bottle.
"Will you say no to a drink, buddy? he asked. Take as much a you want and get that stove heating, we have a few chunk of meat to cook for us and... them"
He start skinning the hares while asking "Do you mind if I sing?"

Delentus

"I will say no to a drink more than in honor of your father. I'm not much of a drinker. I found it to inhibit my focus, and in my line of work that's death." Darius replied without even thinking about what he said, then widened his eyes in almost horror at what he just said and hoped Lloyd wouldn't question him any farther on that subject. Then he quickly turned around and started the fire in the stove and threw a couple small logs onto it.

He then smiled and replied to the last question simply, "As long as you don't sound like a dog on fire, sing until your heart is content."

Lloyd Orodelo

"Then prepare to be amazed! declared Lloyd.

Using his Illusion magic, Lloyd enhanced his singing, and using his Divination magic, he reaches into the past learning a song made by dwarves that could honor his father's dead. Thus creating the perfect song sang in the perfect tone and pinch.

Once the hares arranged, potatoes, carrots and such prepared. He stop singing, struck by his *spider-sense* created by his divination. The pause was brief but perceptible to the sightliest cunning person. After clearing his throat, he said "Are you... I don't know how to say it... a bit lonely on the roads? I mean do ever thought to have a friend travelling with you?"

He then quickly got out of the room before Darius could understand the question, going on the shop side to get a barrel. Letting his guest the time to understand what he meant. He then came back carrying the barrel on one shoulder.

Delentus

Darius could not help himself but laughed and clapped when Lloyd finished his singing. "That was wonderful, even if I did not understand a word of it." he said with a grin on his face as he sat down at the table, but then noticed a slight pause right before Lloyd asked him less than a moment to understand the meaning and waited until he came back to answer.

"I have indeed been lonely traveling the roads these past...four years now I think." he said as Lloyd walked back into the room with a barrel on his shoulder. "But I haven't yet found someone who is...uh...like minded enough to travel with, so to say." he finished as he took a small sip of wine.

Lloyd Orodelo

'I couldn't agree more with you about that, my friend!" He said with a giant smile."take the painting off the chimney and take the large box out for me, please."
The box was quite heavy.

He then opened the barrel and took out a big bag that looked heavy. He crossed the room opened the drawer and took out a whetstone and a coat, made out of blackened leather and a pair of boots made for long roads.

"Put the box on the bed with the rest of the things. I'll show you all this after supper. Man, I'm hungry!"

Delentus

With a confused look, he did as he was bid to do and took the painting off the chimney and took the box out for Lloyd. Then gladly, for it was a lot heavier than he thought it would be, put the box on the bed with the other things the man pulled out.

"I'm going to assume you are either planning on leaving with me, or at least asking if I would like you to come with me." Darius asked with a bit of apprehension as he sat back down and began to eat. "This is quite delicious by the way." he commented as he took a bite of everything at once.