Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A good Day to go hunting [closed]

Started by Lloyd Orodelo, August 03, 2014, 08:28:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Orodelo

Lloyd was indeed planning to eat 2/3 of what he made. "I need food to keep this engine running you know!"He tried to justify himself.

Lloyds voice was even more impressive in the morning"Today kid, we will prepare for tomorrows departure! Since I won't come back for a while, I got to sorts things out a bit and make special preparations for us."

After breakfast, Lloyd headed out in the wood to check and bring back his snares, giving Darius the time he needed to wake up.

At his return (with a dead boar on his shoulder and 4 hares), he asked his new friend to take the meat out of them and to drop it in a barrel of liquid he made himself. "I make smoke pork jerky, and salted deer. I dropped some lines in the stream, hopping to catch a bunch of fish, that I would smoke to."

Once done, Lloyd grabbed two shovels and asked Darius to follow him.

Delentus

"Hey, I don't judge. It's a good thing really, I hate wasting food." he said after Lloyd justified why he was eating so much. Then after his new "friend", for he truly didn't know if he could call him a friend yet, told him their plans today and just nodded. Cutting the meat as he was asked, then grabbing the shovel and going with Lloyd after that.

Lloyd Orodelo

"My dad used to tell me to not go play under that big pine, over there," he said, using the shovel to point a giant tree. "To dangerous he said."

Once under the tree, Lloyd moved a rock and said "Here, sit. I need you to stand gard while I dig for those extras. I don't want you to do this because you already did too much, thank younfor that!" He said with a big smile. And on that note, he start digging.

Delentus

"Why did you think the tree could be dangerous? Do you have some crazy magical trees that eat people or something?" Darius asked with a laugh as they walked over to the tree. Then nodded and climbed a nearby tree, within just a few seconds, and stood guard while Lloyd dug out the things.

Lloyd Orodelo

Lloyd took a moment to look around and to take his breath, "I guess this one is special indeed, he sprouted more roots than any other tree. Maybe that this tree was once sick and dad used his healing skills and knowledge to help become big and strong... Just like me! Dad really did good with both of us"

Then he returned in his hole and dug again. After ten minutes, he struck a metal surface."Got it!"

Delentus

"What's in there?" Darius yelled down as he made he descent from the tree. "Hope it's something really cool." He did manage to trip though on the final branch and fell face first. Nearly landing directly on his nose.

Lloyd Orodelo

"Hey kid, watch out! Trees are not a playground you know!" He laughed, "And whatever I've found here, it must that load of weapon Dad hidden... It must be it!"

As he dug further, the "thing" appeared to their eyes...

"Well! How about that!" he bursted out in laughing, "I guess my collection is now complete!"

He was laughing even more then ever

Delentus

"It better be worth it." Darius mumbled as he rubbed his face and moved to get up. Then walked over to where Lloyd was digging, cursing to himself all the way, then looked down into the whole just as Lloyd finally hit it.

Darius was not impressed with the container one bit. "Well I hope whatever is in there is worth all the effort. Hopefully they're light too, because I'm dreading carrying what we already have..." he remarked dryly.

Lloyd Orodelo

Lloyd looked over his shoulder to see if his companion would be able to help him.

"You're more the brain then the brawn type, right kid? If you worry about carrying our stuff, don't worry, I got everything covered." He said, grinning. "And whatever is in that box, it's mostly one thing than a bunch."

He reached out to take the box. You could see the veins on his shirtless torso inflate. That thing was heavy, but it wasn't a match for Lloyd. Of got out of the pit roaring like a lion, literally steaming out his breath.

"Could you give me a hand here!" he ask, a smile almost separating his face in half.

Delentus

"Why in the world would someone put just one thing into a box, then go through all this trouble just to hide it?" he asked as he watched Lloyd put maybe to much effort into lodging it from its hiding place. Maybe I should of helped him, and this damn thing better be worth of this effort. Darius thought as Lloyd finally dislodged it.

"Yeah sure, but this better be worth all that effort you just went through. Otherwise I'm going to be really disappointed." he said with a laugh as he moved to help the other man with the box.

Lloyd Orodelo

"Watch out kid. It's quite heavy, even for me!" He said with a small laugh. "The old geezer sure knew how to complicaet things."

Has Darius lifted the box, Lloyd collapsed and blacked out.

Delentus

"Thanks for the warning." he said as he went down to move it, but stopped abruptly when he heard a particularly loud thud and saw that Lloyd was on the ground. Well that isn't good. he thought to himself as he went over to make sure Lloyd was okay, and concluded that he just passed out. So Darius pulled to his trusty lockpicks and went to work just practicing on the box while he waited for Lloyd to wake up.

Lloyd Orodelo

The lock was easy to open. Inside the box was a giant piece of iron shaped like a shield. It was a tower shield.

Lloyd woke up and was oozing excuses, he was really disappointing himself. He then saw the box open and the shield inside.
"Hey! I know that thing, it belonged to my father, the real one I mean. It's the same tower shield my foster mom used to bash the crap out of the assassin!" he said in a deep, sad voice. "It costed her life, she was not strong enough to lift it and the murderer pushed her aside and when she felt on her back, under the shield and unable to move, he stabbed her in the eye."

Delentus

Easiest lock in a while. Darius thought to himself with a grin as he put away his lockpicks and opened to chest. What he saw in there was far from what he was expecting. Just a shield? Well this is definitely not what I was expecting. he thought as he stared slightly dumbfounded at the shield, at least until he heard Lloyd come back to consciousness and apologize.

"No need to apologize, you did nothing wrong." he said to the man with a hand held up. "Oh, and I managed to open the chest. I ho-" he said but then was cut off by what Lloyd was telling him. The history related to his family with this shield made Darius decide the rest of his comment was definitely better left unsaid.

Lloyd Orodelo

Lloyd saw the disappointed look on Darius face and understood what was happening in his head. He took the shield out and under was a five moneybags.

"So that's where pops stored the extras!" He said, still panting from lifting the shield."I guess we won't need to visit that mongrel of yours after all! And don't worry, this shield stays here but he must get inside the house. Get the box, i get the shield."

He then took off, waiting for his friend when he was tired.

Delentus

"Well I was expecting more than just that.." Darius started to say but stopped after Lloyd picked up the shield and saw the sacks of gold sitting there. "That's more like it!" he happily said with a grin. Then picked up the box, which was still surprisingly heavy, following Lloyd.

"So, what are our plans for tomorrow's beginning of adventure?" the younger man asked once they finally made it back inside and took a few moments to catch their breath.

Lloyd Orodelo

"Do you remember when I said I have connections around here? Well... Horses buddy!!"He explained in a joyfull way," We just need to strap then to the cart outside and we will be rolling out of here. I don't know the outside of the forest to well, so once we're out of here... I hope you have a map." He was more laughing about his lame knowledge then trying to enlight the long face Darius was giving him.

"we still have a few hours of sunlight and when the sun disapere behind the horizon, we go to sleep 'cause we need every last bit of strenght to pack our things tomorrow. And if you think its not safe to travel on roads, we'll tell anyone who want to know that we are a convoy to the watshamacallit town.Sounds good?"

Delentus

"How did you..actually I don't really care! Horses will definitely make this trip far easier than continuing on foot. Guess I could try to find a few more pieces of gear if we happen across prospective sources..." Darius commented, the started rambling about a list including new weapons, finding a tailor to fix a few things with his tunic, and maybe even buy a hat.

But eventually he realized he had been talking for a good half an hour straight so he let Lloyd finish his thoughts for the plans. "Okay, okay I like the idea about telling people we're a convoy but uhh...I'm not entirely familiar with Serendipity quite yet...oh I know what the capital is called but I just can't think of it right now.." he said, trying very hard to remember it.

"Oh well, I'll think of it later probably...anyway want to learn a Connlaothian drinking song? In celebration of our future adventures?" he quickly asked, mainly because he always seemed to remember things when he didn't think of them.

Lloyd Orodelo

"Attaboy son, that's the spirit!" he laughed, giving a big pat in the back. "Its settled then, we go for the capital tomorrow. But first, we sing! We shall sing and feast until heaven is filled by our voices!"
Lloyd really liked Darius and if his parents were there, they would see that Lloyd was treating him like a brother or sometimes as a son that he never had.

He made a small supper, too occupied by the singing and the final preparations to be hungry, wich suprised Darius since he saw the giant eat half a deer the other night.

Delentus

The young assassin would never openly admit it, but he was having a great time that night. Singing songs he hadn't heard for nearly half a decade, eating some surprisingly fine food. Although he did notice that the other man didn't eat nearly as much as he did the night before, but assumed it was because of a nervousness he didn't want to admit to, so he refrained from saying anything.

After a couple hours, and a few drinks, Darius had a wonderfully stupid idea. "Lloyd, w-why don't we, why don't we...just head to somewhere new? I haven't been to Adela yet, have you been there? I hear that they have some nice brothels...and dragons!" he said with a loud laugh and a hiccup as he had obviously a few to many drinks this particular night.