Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hunter or hunted? [Lloyd!]

Started by Rhindeer, August 04, 2014, 05:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Maybe he had a knack for injuring himself, but it at least seemed the human was more resilient than Raxta had assumed. He sprang back to life and suddenly wasn't so clumsy anymore, climbing up the tree until he'd reached her branch, and Raxta regarded him coolly out of the corner of her eye, her tail swishing idly. He was such a strange thing.

Strange, and he stared at her a lot, something which was starting to make her feel uncomfortable. Mordecai probably didn't realize it, but staring like that, for her kind, was a sign of aggression and challenge. She kept her own eyes pointedly averted, biting down the rising irritation as he drew closer and tried to stare in her eyes.

Then he started to speak, though he cut off when his stomach rumbled.

Raxta didn't let the sentence hang unfinished. Hunger could wait.

"What do you have to tell me?" she asked, still avoiding his eyes.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Lloyd Orodelo

Seeing he was annoying her, Mordecai looked away and sat next to her more casually.

"My memory came back. Only a bit but it was at least that. I don't know if you care or not, but I had to tell you." He sighed like he didn't cared, even though he was. "I remember something from what appears to be my childhood."

"I had to ask you something too. What were you doing in that net earlier."

Rhindeer

Raxta gave Mordecai a sidelong look, her lips twitching into a smile at the absurdity of the question. "What else would I be doing in a net?" she asked. "I was caught. No doubt by someone hunting animals, but instead, they got me. I was not going to wait around to find out how they would handle that."

With a small yawn, she stretched her arms over her head and folded them behind her, bracing her arms against the tree's trunk and using them to cushion her head. "What memory came to you?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Lloyd Orodelo

Mordecai smirked.  Then that hunter must handle large animals, that net was unusually large for a regular hunter." He held silent, looking through the canopy for stars. "The only thing I remember is that I was the the best climber of my village. That's not much but it's at least something."

He swang one of his hanging foot, the one that got twisted. He stretched as well. That memorie could've make his mental protection against his memories fall off. He heard a voice in his head. "Whatever you do, don't scratch the wall. It could kill you." The voice sounded familiar.

"Where are you from?" He asked.

Rhindeer

"Hmm." Raxta snorted and shook her head. "So you had to fall from a tree to remember you could climb. Interesting. As to where I'm from..."

She gave him an odd look. "It's not obvious? I'm from here."

Lloyd Orodelo

Mordecai giggled hearing her answer. "I mean. So you have parents, friends? Or even somewhere you can call home... Else then the forest in général."

Rhindeer

Raxta tilted her head, puzzled by the question. "My territory is the jungle," she said, and waved her arm in a motion that encompassed all the trees around them. "Anywhere I am here, I am home. My parents roam as well, somewhere, and my twin, Nikaj, is...somewhere."

She gave a little shrug. "She is different, and she left the jungle for elsewhere. She visits sometimes, but this place could not contain her."

Lloyd Orodelo

Mordecai followed Raxta's movements as she talked. "I like the way you talk, very inspiring! Now if you excuse me, I'll try to catch some sleep."

He climbed down the branch and went on the one right under Raxta. Shuffling for 10 seconds or so, he tried to find the best position. He placed his hat over his face.

"Good night miss!"

He fell asleep after 3 seconds.