Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Echoes

Started by visualspice, September 03, 2014, 01:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Retracting her hand, she didn't think much on the rejection, but did obey his command for silence. She didn't want to be caught as much as he did, but as they remained where they were, the guards shouted.
"They must've gone onto the roof!"

Katahnia closed her eyes and released her breath.
"We can't stay up here..." And as she looked around for some place to hide, she noted a lower sloping building to the North.

"There.. there's an open window. We can try to hide from the guards there." Just hopefully the pair could get in unseen.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Delentus

"Oh could this get any worse..." he mumbled under his breath as he made his way quietly to the window, making sure to grab her wrist as well. It'd be rather silly if she fell down into a group of guards after all.

As they made it to the window, he gently pushed her towards it as he watched for the guards. Quickly following her in and close it, ducking off to the side just to be extra sure he wouldn't be seen.

visualspice

Once inside the window, the room they found themselves in was dark- which was a relief, for if it had been occupied, they'd have a lot to explain! Though with the moonlight casting in from outside, it was still difficult to see, and as Katahnia tried to look for something, she found herself stumbling clean into Delentus with a gasp. She managed to catch herself, but on him, and released a breath but was soon holding it before she could mutter an apology, for she could hear the bark of the guards still echoing in the alleyways, and it seemed as if they were searching the one close by.

In the dim lighting, her green eyes peered up at him, as if asking him if they should remain this way- in silence, or try to make a get away before possibly getting caught.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Delentus

He had to force himself from yelling at her as she walked into him, but he guessed it was best if they were closer. Maybe not this close, but it might make things easier in the long wrong. It was starting to seem like he was going to have to make most, if not most, of the decisions for the time being.

It was rather dark in the room, but not dark enough for him to not be able to make objects out. Luckily for the both of them, this appeared to be either a storage room or a unoccupied sleeping quarters. Well, it was only luck in the form of having an easy disguise of sorts if needed.

"So, we have a plan in case they come in the building looking for us, but you probably won't like it..." he whispered to her, looking over to the bed. Hoping she would catch on without him having to actually say it.

visualspice

It took Katahnia a little longer for her eyes to adjust to the darkness, but spotting the empty bed, she released a sigh and raked a hand through her hair and began to look at the rest of the place when he went on-

Wouldn't like it? She turned to him questionably and then followed his gaze. Her lips parted open, and without thinking, she smacked his arm.

"Let's think of something else. Or pray to Angsar they won't try to look for us here." And she gave him a hard look, as if daring him to challenge that. After all, she was NOT about to pretend to be in bed with this man- even for the sake of risking her neck! She was far too prideful for that.

Besides, despite the fact she flushed, she had to think about poor Conall she had left behind. He was already going to kill her for her sneaking away from him like that- but if he realized what sort of trouble she was in (or if the trouble got worse...) or, if even this 'pretend' moment happened...

She'd never be able to face him again.

Delentus

He couldn't help but chuckle at how she immediately assumed he wanted this anymore than she did, in fact he probably wanted to be in that bed less than her. Sure she was a fairly beautiful person, but he wasn't that crude of a person. No matter, he was already looking for a better place to hide if need be.

"Don't worry, I'm already looking for a better spot." he mumbled, trying to keep himself from yelling.

visualspice

While Delentus was searching for a better option, Katahnia was as well, but were as his eyes might be sweeping lower, Kat's eyes went to the ceiling. And it was there she spotted a dangling cord.
"Look, an attic. We can probably hide in there until the coast is clear."
It was best, after all, not to take any chances. And even if the guards were searching this building, they wouldn't be able to hear them scrambling up into the attic if they climbed up there now.

So she went to reach for it, but the cord was just barely out of reach.
"Who put this thing up so high? I mean, how can one even access the attic if you can't reach it!"
And though she tried to whisper, her whispers came out angry, and much louder than intended. But she was irritable, and afraid, her heart pumping inside her ears.

Delentus

He couldn't help but let out another sigh as he squat back down in front of Katahnia, cupping his hands so she could step into them and he could boost her up. Sometimes he hated being so small, he was even smaller than her after all.

"This better be worth all this hassle." he mumbled, as he continued to wait.

visualspice

Staring at his offered hands, she nodded and murmured a thank you before stepping up and reaching the cord. She gave a heavy pull of the string and with a springy groan, the attic came open. She peered up triumphantly into the darkness above, green eyes shimmering. Then she turned to him as she moved to climb the ladder.
"Ladies first." And up into the attic she disappeared.

Delentus

"But of course." Was all he was going to offer at the moment, he was focusing on trying to hear the guards. Just to make sure that they weren't anywhere nearby. As soon as she was in the attic though he quickly followed her up, making sure to pull everything up and closing the door. That of course made the place so dark he couldn't even see his hand in front of his face, and he stumbled into his newest acquaintance by accident.

"Oh, sorry. Do you have anything we could use to have some light in here?"

visualspice

Katahnia released a hot breath before replying, "No, I don't. But we shouldn't have to wait here for long. Once the guards see the roads are clear, hopefully they'll move on."
Though her reply was a lie. She could cast some healing magic that would provide light, but that would expose her as a mage, and despite this man running around with her to hide from the guards, she wasn't about to trust him fully just yet.

Delentus

He mumbled incomprehensibly to himself to that enlightenment. One of the few things that made him uncomfortable was complete darkness, and now he had to wait out in it until the guards. This woman better be worth this hassle he's been going through.

"So, while we're waiting we might as well get to know each other a little better. Do you want to start, or should I?" he whispered after a few moments of silence.

visualspice

"Get to know each other?" She laughed and gave a shake of her head. What a way to be direct with his flirting! Still shaking her head, she then tilted it and asked him.
"What could you possibly want to know?"

Delentus

All he could do for a few moments was look at her incredulously, even though he knew she couldn't see his face. The sarcasm apparently didn't carry very well through his whisper. Oh well, the conversation could be killed off rather quickly.

"I wasn't being serious. I have no interest or reason to get to know you better." he said to her rather harshly.

visualspice

She lifted her brows and smirked.
"Well now... then what would you suggest we do to pass the time? Sing songs? Count wood planks in the dark?"

Delentus

If looks could kill, it could be almost guaranteed that she would be dead right now.

"I don't know, nor do I care. Do whatever you want."

visualspice

She couldn't help but smirk even more devilishly now at his reply.
"So if I were to sing... or tap my heels, or snap my fingers- you wouldn't care?"

Delentus

Now it was his turn to crack a small grin. He knew she had as much to lose as him, so he wasn't worried.

"Not at all, but I hope you don't care if you suddenly have a knife sticking out of you."

visualspice

She laughed through a breath.
"Is that a threat?"

Delentus

He put on his most serious face and tried to use his most serious voice.

"I don't make threats. I make promises."

He couldn't keep his composure though and immediately chuckled.