Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Echoes

Started by visualspice, September 03, 2014, 01:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She couldn't believe it- of all of the luck, he'd joke at a time like this. But it wasn't against her own personality not to enjoy as she simply smirked at him and shook her head.
"I'm sure you tell a lot of women that whom you're stuck in some stranger's attic with."
Though as she thought about it, it was rather scandalous. But it was one of the last things on her mind as she looked back towards the attic door and sighed, wondering how long they'd have to wait.

She knew Conall would be mad...
And naturally, was always worried about her daughter's safety.

"I haven't heard any noise for a time," she said after a moment of quiet. "I think I'll go down and see if the cost is clear."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Delentus

"Yeah, that's something I'm worrying about. It isn't normal for them to not search a building this close to where we were last seen."

Something wasn't right with this situation, or at least that was what his paranoia was telling him. Of course he had been wrong many times before, so he figured he wouldn't make to much of an issue with it.

"We're probably clear though, since they should of checked this one first."

visualspice

Giving a nod, Katahnia crept near the door and listened. Still no sound. She pressed her lips together, hesitating for but a moment before slowly reaching forward and unlatching the door. She cringed at the echoing noise the spring latch made and held her breath.

After a few moments of nothing, she released her breath and slowly began to push the door open. Below the world was dark, with just the faintest streaks of lights stretching across it. From what she could see, it was empty, but she made sure to do a slow and thorough search with her eyes before trusting her first impression.

Turning to Delentus, she whispered, "The room looks vacant. But we should still be quiet. I'd hate to have all of our efforts lost to who ever lives here wailing in the night for the guards."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Delentus

He couldn't help but rolls his eyes at her warning of what would happen if they weren't quiet. It wasn't like it was his plan to get caught by the city guard, but he decided against making a sarcastic remark at that and just started to head into the room below.

It was at that moment though that the worst case scenario began. As Delentus made his way to the door, he stumbled which caused him to fall face first down into the room below. He was lucky enough though to flip just enough to land on his back, but that luck ended quickly as the shock of the land caused his pistol to go off. But luck was on his side again, as the shot went harmlessly through the window they crawled through to begin with.

It took only a few moments for guards to be heard though, right outside the building. So with a curse he looked over at Katahnia as he stood up, "So what's the plan now?"

visualspice

Katahnia gasped.
"I could club you! I told you to be careful!" No matter the fool was on his back! Still, she wasn't heartless as she moved to grab his arm.
"The plan now is to get the hell out of here!" But what she hadn't considered was there were guards currently inside the building, but searching on another floor. So at the sound of heavy foot steps and the clanging of armor coming up the stairs, Katahnia froze. She didn't even have a chance to swear as the door swung open.

"Shit!" And she was never one to really swear! Her time with Cauwyn must have rubbed off on her more than she thought! And before she knew what she was doing, s he let out a noise and a bright, blinding flash of light was cast from her fingers, and the soldiers gave a roar.

"A mage! They're mages! Call in the mordecai!"

And though Delentus would be affected by the blinding light as well, she still had a firm grip on him as she pulled him along and shouted, "Run!"

And the only place they could go- was out the window. But by the time they got to it- Katahnia released a yelp. It wouldn't budge. She turned to Delentus, her jaw dropped.
"It's jammed."

And the soldiers were also already rushing past her blinding spell of magic-
Really, it was a harmless spell, meant to distract than anything- but with their only option of exit now sealed- it seemed as if the pair of them had run out of luck.

Delentus

Everything started to make sense when the magic was casted, the nagging in the back of his mind finally made sense now. This was the Katahnia, but wasn't she dead or something along those lines? It didn't matter what he remembered about this woman, because right now he was being pulled along by a mage. To only make the matter worse, it had to be a famous one at that.

As his vision came back though, he realized what exactly was happening to him. Surrounded by guards, standing beside a mage, and not many options of escape. So naturally he did the only thing he knew, which was to dip his shoulder and rush the guards. Somehow the surprise of him actually running towards the guards gave him enough of an opportunity to knock of few of them down and get past them to the door.

He couldn't stop and turn around, or stop in general at that point to drag her along. So as he hit the doorway he turned around and offered only a small piece of advice.

"Get your ass moving and run!"

visualspice

Katahnia's breath caught within her throat, but she didn't wait for her wits to returned and was soon rushing off behind him. Bounding down the steps at his side, she tossed him a look and a half-smirk.
"Thanks."

But they were hardly in the clear, for the second they rounded the first platform that curled around and fed into more cases of stairs, the guards had begun their own descent. Gritting her teeth, she willed her legs to move faster, and faster still and before she knew it, they were rounding the bend and running straight into...

A series of doors. And Katahnia wasted no time to try each and every one of them, but as she feared, it seemed just about all of them were locked!

"Look for a window, another door- anything!" Katahnia shouted desperately before turning to him, heart beating heavily in her chest. It was so hard, she could feel it pounding all the way up into her ears.

"Unless you know how to pick a lock."

Delentus

Delentus took very little time looking at the doors, and even less picking one before he walked up to it. He took a step back and shot a kick right beside the doorknob, which nearly broke the door off of it's hinges. When he peered inside the room all he discovered was some sort of storage closet, so with a quiet swear he went to another door and kicked in it's door as well. Luckily this one appeared to be a hallway to somewhere at least, so he turned and waved Katahnia towards the door and started to head down it.

More than just once though he thought of turning around and sticking his dagger into her neck, but he knew there wasn't the time to do it right then. There was always after they lose the guards again after all.

visualspice

Katahnia wasted no time in rushing down the hall. And any door they came upon next was the one she'd try her luck on and throw open- and much to her chagrin (and relief), the door she had managed to find opened up into a dark staircase.

Pausing just before it, she turned to him.
"I can light the way, only until the guards are close. Then we'll have to make our way down in darkness."

Delentus

"Just get moving, I'd like to get away before we get caught again." he was all he said to her as he moved past her into the staircase. He quickly stopped to wait for her so he could actually see where he was going.

All the while he was thinking of what he was going to do once they finally did lose the guards. Doubts were starting to crawl into his mind about his first thoughts.

visualspice

Into the darkness the pair crept, the steps creaking lightly while Katahnia could hear her heart thundering inside her ears. But they made it down the steps into what appeared to be some sort of a storage unit, and the boxes all around made it difficult for her to see if there was a way out-
Or if they had just trapped themselves here for good!

Delentus

"Oh hell, just our luck a room full of boxes." He couldn't help but let out a highly annoyed sigh at that moment. There were guards chasing after him, which wasn't completely out of his normal routine, but the thing that bothered him was the fact he was running away from them with a mage.

"Well have any plans on figuring out if this is going to end up being our saving grace or our damnation?"

visualspice

His tone grated on her nerves, but thinking fast, her eyes sparkled as an idea hit her.
"I think they'll be our saving grace," she went on, gesturing to the boxes. "There's more than one place to hide... and I think most boxes are big enough for us to fit.."
And if they were quick enough, they could do so undetected that the guards would never suspect where they were hiding now.

Delentus

All he offered was a shrug as he moved toward a box as he pulled out his sword. After a few attempts to pry open one box in particular he got it opened. He motioned for her to come over at that point and squatted down so she could use his back as a stool.

"Ladies first."

visualspice

"Oh, how kind of you," she said, thought it was jesting, part of it was sincere. They were helping each other out! And once she was in the box, she offered out a hand to help him climb in, too.

Delentus

He didn't say anything about the remark she made as she stepped onto his back. They didn't have the luxury of time at the moment, so instead he just grabbed her hand and pulled himself into the box. He tried to pull the lid back onto the box as well as he could, and messed with it for a few moments until he was fairly certain that it looked as normal as possible.

"I hope they move along soon..." he couldn't help but mumble as he settled in.

visualspice

"Shh!" Was her only reply as the sound of foot steps came near. It seemed the guards had followed, and Katahnia held her breath and listened if they'd enter the room, or continue.

Delentus

He complied with her hushing, and sat there quietly. Not even fidgeting in the slightest in the attempt to be as quiet as he could be. After what he guessed to be ten minutes he finally heard some of the guards move nearby, but he couldn't tell if they were moving towards or away from them.

Oh well, guess we'll find out soon enough. He thought to himself.

visualspice

She heard the foot step of a guard echo as it entered the room. She tensed, her breath hitching, tickling against Delentu's skin due to their close proximity as she dare not speak, dare not breath. And when the foot steps stopped, she felt, so did her heart. It sounded quite close. Was he contemplating checking the crates? If so, they were in deep shit.

Delentus

He held his breath as well when he heard the guard stop nearby, but unlike his companion he wasn't nervous. What he did instead was unsheath a long knife from his boot, with a bit of effort, but with the silence of someone who has done this one to many times. All they could do though, was wait.