Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Knock, knock! (semi-open)

Started by Klezmer Gryphon, September 05, 2014, 04:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klezmer Gryphon

((OoC: This thread is semi-open. Although the conversation is primarily between mine and @Lloyd Orodelo  's characters, the inn is a public building, so feel feel free to have your character wander in and relax (or maybe cause a little disturbance). ))

Sparks flew and the fire crackled as Liarri stoked the flames in the fireplace. Evenings in winter weren't always the most pleasant for either the guests or the innkeeper, but the old doe always tried her best to keep her customers as comfortable as possible with only a few rooms and a small, quaint fireplace. The fact that she was still in business after three decades was a testament to her ability to provide.

Content with the current state of the fire, Liarri leaned the wrought iron poker against the hearth beside the old cooking spit. I need to hire someone to do this for me.... she thought, straightening her back as she rose to inspect the rest of the room. The inn's main hall wasn't the most fabulous room in the world; a large chamber with cobblestone floors, thick wood supports and planked walls. As there weren't any guests yet that evening, the long tables and benches stood empty as the old doe walked slowly beside them.

Fire's done... I'll start cooking when the guests start arriving...... she thought... A sudden knock, knock, knock from the old wooden door behind her, however, broke the cervine's train of thought and made the fur on the back her neck stand like needles. Looks like I already have company....

Lloyd Orodelo

Daibheid waited with patience on the other side of the door, it wouldn't be polite to knock again and making himself look like a impatient. His hands were playing with the cane they held, made of blackwood and the pommel made of steel. The other tip was covered with a tip of the same steel, preventing the end of the cane to get worn to quickly. His coat loosely thrown over his shoulder was covered by snow, stating his habit of traveling by foot. Most was coming out of his snout has he breathed, making wonderful shapes and movement before getting out of his sight.

At least, he found somewhere to stop for the winter. He would probably go at the sight of spring. But how was he going to pay for his rent, the last pieces would be spent by the end of the week. He would need to work somewhere, but with his advances age, who would hire an old fart like him? He wasn't that out of shape and he was still able to do as most of a average male if the human race would.

Finally, the door opened. Light and heat were coming out. But the thing that stroke him the most that night was the lady who openness the door.

One of his kin.