Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sand in all the wrong places. [Globster!]

Started by Rhindeer, September 18, 2014, 01:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"On the other side of Essyrn," Scarab answered with a smile. "Near the river delta."

Which was the wealthy part of the city, though Drex might not know that.

"About a half hour's walk from here by kaadir...perhaps less by your beast. I'll tell you where to go, but for now head straight on." And then, pausing, she looked curiously at him. "What do you think so far?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"Well, I can definitely say that this city smells amazing," Drex said.

"The wingless dragons are pretty cool, too," he added as they passed by one of the beasts. He spurred his rhinox, and the beqst snorted before falling into a canter.

"I'm gonna have to pick up some food on the way out."

Rhindeer

"Oh, I can show you all the best places! Don't get anything from here," Scarab quickly added with a sniff. "It's low class and you just don't know what they've done to your food. Or what's in it. I wouldn't trust it."

She absently played with the ends of one dreadlock. "Besides, the least I can do is feed you after everything you and yours have done for me."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"Why, thanks!" Drex said, and he looked down at Scarab to give her a smile, bag of giant javelins on his back clattering with the movement.

"I'll happily accept your hospitality! I've never really been in a human house."

He went quiet.

"Will I fit through the door?"

Rhindeer

Scarab choked out a laugh at the earnestness of that question, and quickly covered her mouth out of politeness. "Your shoulders might brush the sides and you may have to duck, but our doors aren't that tiny!"

A pause. "Granted, my doorways are larger than most..." Considering her wealth and status.

DaGlobster

"Oh...kay," Drex said, and he glanced around at the various low-wealth buildings as they passed them. Those doors seemed pretty damned tiny. Couldn't even fit an adult Sabretusk through some of them...

"So are humans like ogres, then? The more important you are, the bigger your hut?"

Rhindeer

Scarab had never thought she'd ever in her life be compared to an ogre! And if she hadn't come to know Drex and his band as she had, she certainly would have been offended!

But right then, she only laughed behind her hand and shrugged. "I...I suppose you could say that, when you put it like that!" she said. "Though I don't have a hut. I have an estate. It's large and beautiful and--well, you'll see!"

DaGlobster

"Estate," Drex repeated.

He didn't quite know what that word meant, but he just asummed it meant that Scarab's home was big.

Drex looked forwards, and he could see the Shah's palace in the distance, even from where they were. He pointed towards it.

"Is that where the human Tyrant lives?" Drex asked.

Rhindeer

"Tyrant? Oh, no, she's not a tyrant! I hear she's actually quite lovely! Not to mention she's beautiful!" Scarab said with a small gasp, placing a hand to her chest as though scandalized.

DaGlobster

"Oh."

A few moments of quiet.

"Well, if she's not a Tyrant, then what do they call her?"

Rhindeer

"The Shah!" Scarab said, obvious admiration lacing her words. "She's the Shah of Essyrn."

DaGlobster

"Shah," Drex repeated, and a crooked smile appeared on his face. It was a rather amusing word to the ogre.

"I've never seen a tribe this big," Drex said, motioning around to the city as they travelled through it.

"Golfgag Maneater's clan is the biggest mountain clan there is, and it looks small compared to all of this..."

Rhindeer

"Oh, well." Scarab waved her hand in a gesture that encompassed the city as a whole. "This is a city, not a tribe. Most of us here also live here, but we have many foreigners and traders, too."

She rubbed her chin. "You can think of it like...we have many tribes here, not just one."

They were making good progress as she pointed out where to go, and the city soon began to give way to richer homes--and more well-dressed people.

DaGlobster

"Oh, I guess that makes sense," Drex said, leaning back a bit to stretch before resuming his original posture, a movement that caused his abdomen to arc against Scarab's back.

Although Drex was woefully uneducated in regards to human structures and culture, he could tell that the fancier people meant that they were getting closer. Suddenly, he laughed.

"You've spent a day getting used to our giant furniture. Now, I suppose the roles will be reversed."

Rhindeer

"It'll be rather comical, I suppose!" Scarab said with a laugh, trying to imagine it. Drex, holding one of her cups. Oh, his hand would dwarf it! And his head would bump her ceiling. He definitely wouldn't fit in any of her beds or chairs, not without breaking them.

This would be interesting!

Soon enough, they reached her home, a beautiful building with great, artistic pillars and sweeping archways. There was a garden filled with palms heavy with dates, and fig trees as well, with a little fountain that flowed into channels through her home to keep it cool inside.

She pointed it out with a smile. "There it is."

DaGlobster

Drex looked up at Scarab's home, and he didn't need to say how impressed he was because it was all over his face.

"Wow, hell of a hut," Drex said, and his eyes followed the channels until they disappeared into her house. He maneuvered his rhinox in through the gate, and dismounted, holding a hand to help Scarab dismount.

"And you live here by yourself?"

Rhindeer

Scarab let him help her down, landing lightly on her sandal-clad feet, her dreadlocks trailing down her back.

"It's not a hut, it's a small palace," she said with a smile, and motioned him to follow as she lead the way through the garden. "And I'm not really alone. I have my servants and my slaves and my guards. I have no family, though, if that's what you mean," she added, and though there was sadness in those words, her parents had been gone for ages. It was an old ache, rather than a fresh sort of pain.

DaGlobster

"Yeah, family is what I meant," Drex said, following alongside her as he glanced about the garden.

"And everybody in the ogre kingdoms lives in a hut. I think the Tyrant of the village I came from had a hut this big," Drex said, motioning to her house.

"You got any beasts?"

Rhindeer

"Beasts? Like pets?"

The guards standing watch opened the massive doors for them to enter--though the doors would probably not be massive to Drex, and would be more "just his size". She stepped inside, sighing at the cooler air.

"I have cats," she said with a smile. "Lots of cats. Including a serval."

And as though on cue, a young serval came padding around a corner on long, graceful legs, ears up and eyes bright and curious. Scarab smiled brightly at her, but the serval saw the ogre and bared her teeth in a hiss before scampering off.

Scarab shot Drex a sheepish smile. "That was Queen," she said. "She, ah, is shy around strangers."

DaGlobster

Drex was too taken with gawking at his surroundings to notice the serval until it hissed, and his eyes caught a glimpse of it as it scurried away.

"Is she ever," Drex commented, and he glanced about the room they were in, clearly captivated by his surroundings, and by how small everything was!