Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sand in all the wrong places. [Globster!]

Started by Rhindeer, September 18, 2014, 01:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Scarab looked up at Drex, amusement sparkling in her dark eyes. For Drex, walking around her massive home must be like playing inside a doll house! She knew she certainly felt like a doll compared to him.

"It shouldn't take me long to write up a list of what needs to be done in my absence. I'll delegate, and my servants, scribes, and advisors can run things for me from there. I'll need to pack, though, of course."

She lead the way down a long, ornate hall, and to the massive double doors at the end. Pushing them open, she stepped inside and held them open for Drex.

They opened into Scarab's bedroom, a massive chamber with an equally huge bed that could no doubt fit a number of people. Not that she had ever tested that. With anyone. She just liked sleeping in a bed she could swim in. It was a canopy bed with a gauzy curtains and so much silk, and it was surrounded by numerous wardrobes and several desks, the space fragrant with the lingering smell of old incense. She marched to one of her wardrobes and opened it, then began to toss clothes onto the bed as she rummaged through it.

"Feel free to take a seat. As I said, I won't be long, especially since I have an extra pair of arms to carry everything!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"Oh! Are you just going now?" Drex said.

"I'm sure Borzclubb will be damn thrilled that you're sparing him the wait," Drex continued, although he cut off as soon as his rear touched her bed.

It was quite literally the most comfortable thing he'd even been in contact with.

"By The Mountain Mother," he marvelled.

"You sleep on this?"

Rhindeer

"Yes, I figured the sooner I go, the sooner I can come home and return to my affairs, so no time like the present!" Scarab said, and soon she pulled a large chest out from under her bed and began to fill it with clothes. None of them looked like they would be any good in a mountain climate; they were all robes and sheath dresses, and almost all of them were sheer.

But they would be spending quite a while traveling through the desert, so...she just imagined she could pick something up in Adela.

She packed in some traveling robes, as well, so she could cover up to protect herself during the day.

"And yes, that's what I sleep on. It's like sitting on a cloud, isn't it? The mattress is stuffed with down."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"Down?" Drex said, and he let himself flop backwards. Even his massive size couldn't take up the bed in its entirety, a testament to its size.

He looked at what she was packing, and raised an eyebrow.

"You got any thicker clothing?"

Rhindeer

"Yes, down. You know, feathers? But the softest ones," Scarab said, and paused at his next question as she took out a dress thin enough to be transparent, and glittering with jewels.

"Oh, goodness no. I don't own any peasant clothes."

DaGlobster

"Oh."

Drex glanced about, raising an eyebrow at her transparent dress.

"Well you're gonna need it."

Rhindeer

Scarb frowned down at her dress. "Not for a while though, right? We hav to go through the desert first, yes?"

DaGlobster

"Those'll do fine for now, I suppose," Drex said.

"Although why you'd wear anything that transparent is beyond me."

Rhindeer

"Because it gets very hot here," Scarab said, giving him a puzzled look. "Sheer clothes are cooler than thick linen ones. More expensive, too."

And she packed away the glittering, transparent dress as she spoke.

DaGlobster

Drex nodded his head at that, although he didn't quite seem so sure about the concept.

"I don't doubt that you'd look stunning in it."

Rhindeer

"Oh, I do," Scarab said without missing a beat, flipping her dreadlocks over her shoulder. "No doubt you'll get to see for yourself along the journey."

DaGlobster

"Yeah," Drex said with a chuckle.

"You're going to be the first outsider in a long time to be in the Mountain Tribes during the spring festivals. I hope you like drinking."

Rhindeer

"Of course I do," Scarab said with a laugh and a wave of her hand. "I have wine with all my dinners, you know."

DaGlobster

"If you say so," Drex said, a bit of a teasing tone in his voice.

"But us ogres don't drink any fancy wines. Nothing but the strongest brews at the spring festival."

Rhindeer

"Oh?" Scarab said, and arched an eyebrow with a playful cock of her hips. "Are you saying you think me weak?"

DaGlobster

Drex sat up in her bed, and returned her cocky look.

"I ain't saying anything about you. I'm just warning you it won't be what you're used to."

Rhindeer

"I didn't imagine it would be. Everything bout your kind seems bigger and stronger than what I'm used to," Scarab said, and closed her chest after tossing in a few more items, cosmetics and personal items and the like.

"I'll just drink a human-sized amount!"

DaGlobster

"Careful you don't actually say that when the time comes to take a drink. The servers will take you literally," Drex said.

Rhindeer

"OH!" Scarab said with an incredulous laugh. "Well! How impressed would they be if I actually managed that?"

DaGlobster

Drex laughed along with her, and he stood up o he could stand with her, fists planted at his side.

"Well, if you're conscious enough to receive it, you'll probably get quite the share of praise."