Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sand in all the wrong places. [Globster!]

Started by Rhindeer, September 18, 2014, 01:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"Caskets it is! Perhaps your Tyrants will like Essyrni wine. It may not be as strong as they're used to, but perhaps they'll appreciate the flavor. The kind I enjoy it meant to be tasted and savored, anyway. It's not meant to get drunk on."

Not that she would know much about drunkenness. The most she had experienced was a slight buzz.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"Golfgag, one of the tyrants, would like the wine. All the others would probably think it too soft. Don't your people have any harder drinks?" Drex asked.

"I suppose we can ask when we get to the brewery."

Rhindeer

"Of course we have harder drinks," Scarab said with a frown. "But it tastes fair to awful. I had thought that perhaps your Tyrants would enjoy something more flavorful, rather than something fit to burn the taste buds from your tongue."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"You kidding me? The fierier the better!" Drex said, and he chuckled rather heartily, the vibrations traveling through his chest and into Scarab's back. A few moments of silence, and he spoke up again.

"Not that I'm not open to other drinks, but Mountain Ogres are raised on meat and stiff ale. I might hold a racial preference."

Rhindeer

"Hmm. In that case, we'll just have to pick up some Crocodile Milk, rather than the Savannah Rose I was going to offer," Scarab said with a wrinkle of her nose.

DaGlobster

Drex nodded.

"I might buy something too," Drex said, and he patted what sounded like a pouch of coins on his belt.

"So, where's the brewery?"

Rhindeer

"Make a left near the hookah house right up ahead," Scarab said, pointing. "It's not far. It'll actually be right at the end of that lane!"

DaGlobster

Drex didn't know what a hookah was, or a hookah house, or even a lane, but just by virtue of Scarab pointing it out, he was able to make the right turn.

He ignored the fact that literally everybody on the street was staring at the unusual sight they were. Part of Drex wondered if they'd run into anybody Scarab knew.

Rhindeer

Scarab wasn't worried about encountering anyone she knew. She had dealt with adversity all her life, and developed a thick skin from it. If anything, she delighted in the stunned looks she got as she paraded past with an ogre and a huge beast, her head held high and a sly smile on her lips. Her parents had raised her to be strong-minded and strong-willed and to laugh at the haters, and so little phased her.

Besides, she had enough money that she didn't have to worry about public opinion--so long as people kept buying her product.

She pointed out where he should turn, and then told him to stop before a large building that served as the brewery. Then she waited for Drex to dismount so he could help her down, until a startled voice drew her attention.

"Scarab?!"

Scarab turned her head to see another young woman, wealthy like her from the clothes she wore, staring at her with wide eyes.

"Oh! Yes, hello Khalilah!" Scarab cheerfully waved to her stunned friend. "Nice to see you here!"

DaGlobster

Drex waved at Khalilah, but didn't quite say anything as Scarab started to talk to her. He didn't know the culture around these parts, and he didn't want to intrude on the conversation either. Instead, he opted to just observe his surroundings for the moment.

Rhindeer

Khalilah gawked at them both, staring from Scarab to Drex and back. For a moment, it seemed the young woman was lost for words.

"Who...what...is that?" she finally blurted, manners gone right out the window in her shock. "Scarab, are you...do you need help? Do I need to go get help for you? Are you being kidnapped?"

Scarab blinked. "What? No! No, no! Oh, goodness, where are my manners? Khalilah, this is my new friend Drex! We'll be going off on a trip together," she said with a beaming smile at the ogre.

Khalilah's jaw dropped.

DaGlobster

Drex visibly bristled at Khalilah's words, but he kept his trap shut, instead waiting until he was introduced to prove her wrong by smiling warmly.

"Hello, Khalilah," Drex said, and he dismounted, offering Scarab the usual assistance. His eyes went from Khalilah to the brewery, and then back to her.

Yeah, she was still staring.

"Don't see many ogres 'round these parts, do you?"

Rhindeer

"Ogres?" Khalilah repeated, her voice an incredulous squeak. She whipped a look at Scarab and lowered her voice to a stage whisper. "That's an ogre?"

"He is Drex," Scarab repeated as she stepped down with Drex's assistance. "And yes, Drex is an ogre. We were just actually heading to the brewery before we head out. Were you going there, too?"

But Khalilah was still stuck on the ogre part, and wasn't to be hooked by that subject change. She gave another wide eyed stare at Drex. "Scarab, stop! Don't ogres eat people?"

DaGlobster

When it comes to the average male Mountain Ogre, patience is not a commonly found trait. Drex was very much average, so when Khalilah's words finished processing, his expression turned sour.

"What?!" he suddenly said, stepping forwards into a more confrontative pose.

"Don't you compare me to no knuckle-draggin' lowland ogre! Me and my kin are a proud folk, not some kind of beast," he asserted.

Rhindeer

Khalilah let out a tiny yelp when Drew rounded on her and half ducked behind Scarab for protection. After all, though for Drex it was just a sour expression, to Khalilah it looked utterly frightening. He towered over them all, after all, and was so massive and intimidating in comparison that even a little displeasure looked terrifying!

"Oh, do pull yourself together, Khali!" Scarab chided as she side-stepped out of Khalilah's way. "Drex is a friend! And you heard him. He's not that kind of ogre. Please accept my apologies on her behalf, Drex. Khali doesn't really mean it, she's just a scaredy cat."

"Scarab, I--"

Scarab shushed her with a finger to Khalilah's lips and a shake of her head. "Khali, it's fine. Really! Now, I'll be away for some time. Likely a couple months. I'll be sure to write, though. Oh! And please check in on my cat now and then? She gets so bored and the servants won't walk her, and the slaves claim she bites. She likes you, though."

"Scarab--"

But Scarab just hugged her and then pulled away with a smile. "Send my regards to your family! I'll see you all in a little while!"

And with a bright smile, she grasped Drex by the finger and started leading him toward the brewery.

DaGlobster

Drex's expression softened when Scarab jumped to his defense, and he watched the exchange between Khali and Scarab with a mixture of amusement and surprise. When Scarab grabbed his finger to lead him into the brewery, his expression mixed mostly into surprise.

No doubt, he easily weighed five times Scarab, but when she wrapped her fingers around his like that and started moving, Drex couldn't do much other than let himself be pulled along.

"Friend of yours?" he asked as they approached the building.

"She seems nice. Ill informed, but nice."

Rhindeer

"She's very nice! One of my best friends growing up, and my best friend to this day," Scarab said with a nod. She pat his hand.

"You mustn't hold it against her. Remember how ill-informed I was at first? I'm afraid there's a great deal of misinformation traveling about, but it's possible to change minds." She smiled up at him. "You and Borzclubb changed mine."

DaGlobster

Drex managed a smirk. He glanced down at their hands, noting just how small and dainty her fingers were compared to his own.

"You're right. I'm just bullheaded sometimes," Drex said.

"We can be friends, right?"

Rhindeer

"Are we not already?" Scarab asked with a smile, and motioned to the doors. After all, she was used to having doors opened for her!

DaGlobster

"Well, yeah, but..."

When she motioned to the doors, he lost his train of thought. Was... was there something about the doors that was interesting?

She seemed to be really urgent towards them.

"Is this the place?" he said, looking towards the brewery.