Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Another Op'ning, Another Show! (open)

Started by R.R. Pebble, December 27, 2014, 05:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WildsFlower

Maria had been searching the ground for spare change and food when she spotted the strange occurrences.  Still naive to most of the world she stopped to observe.  She was in shock as things moved and changed.
"How could this be?"  She thought to herself.  Having grown up very sheltered she knew little about the magic's of the world.  She decided to creep closer for a better look. 
Surprisingly the man seemed to not be fazed by all of the crazy going on around him and neither did the man who was trying to help.  Maria scrunched her bright blue green eyes trying to understand.  While trying to focus an older man bumped into her causing her to fall and let out a small yelp.
"Get out of the way street rat!"  The man yelled at the small girl.
Maria stuck her tongue out at the man as he walked away, then turned her focus back to the strange occurrences. 

R.R. Pebble

Jake may not have wanted much to do with those who came to his "aid" but he wasn't a cold-hearted soul.

He climbed down off the set he was working and leaned his upper body off the stage (keeping his twisted legs out of direct line of sight.)

"Hello" he said to the little girl.

WildsFlower

Maria looked up at him with wide eyes of curiosity and slight shock of someone taking notice of her.  Maria didn't know much about magic, other than that everyone in her family and their friends all hated it.  But she had heard some story's before.
"Are you a dragon?"  She asked with a serious face.

R.R. Pebble

If Jake was expecting an overly personal question about himself (and he'd gotten more than his fair share) that certainly wasn't it.
He blinked then responded, "A dragon... No. We don't even have one." and aside to himself "Good thing too, way too much work to care for." then to her, "What makes you ask that?"

WildsFlower

"Well your magic and dragons are magic."  Maria stated with a voice that showed she thought that should be the obvious conclusion.

R.R. Pebble

"I'm not magic." replied Jake. "I'm human, just like you."

WildsFlower

"Then how do you explain all of this jack foolery!"  Maria said confused and using words she heared her father say before. 

When Maria realized what she had said she let out a small but slightly sad giggle and looked back up at the man.

"I'm Maria hi!"  She said this with a genuen smile playing on her lips.

R.R. Pebble

Jake laughed. His mischief-making friend *had* been up to rather a lot of trouble... He'd forgotten what it would look like to someone who didn't know what was happening.

"We're putting on a show." he said kindly. "That's why my friends and I are here. I'm Jake, by the way." and because laying on his stomach was an awkward position to shake hands from and because she'd see them eventually anyway, Jake swung around so he was sitting on the edge of the stage with twisted legs dangling over the side and reached out a hand to shake.

WildsFlower

"Hi Mr.Jake". Maria started to respond as she was taught to always have good manners.  "What kind of..."  Maria stopped mid sentence when she saw his legs.  Her eyes went wide in awe.
"Is that where your magic comes from?"  She gasped still, thinking he was magic, as she started to reach her hand out.   
"Can I... Touch them?"  She stuttered out as she looked up at him with huge innocent eyes.

R.R. Pebble

Jake looked at her with a mock serious expression. "Usually I charge 2 pennies for that." he said, "but I'll make an exception just this once for you. Where are your parents anyway?" Jake was pretty sure he knew the answer already, but he wanted to make sure.

WildsFlower

Temporarily distracted from the "magic" legs by the question, Maria responds in a voice tinged with sadness.
"What can I say" she began "apparently I'm a monster, and who wants a monster for a little girl."
Maria's honesty surprised herself. Maybe it was because this guy was so nice, or maybe she was just sick of the inner battle that broke her heart everyday.   Either way Maria just didn't feel like lying anymore.