Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Are You Sure Thats What You Want?

Started by Anonymous, January 06, 2005, 06:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It all started, with an apple. When it ended, there was a bit more to it than that.

"Hey You, whaddaya think yer doin?"

Azhure took in the fruit seller’s wide girth, his oily hair, and his enraged expression coolly. Than, between mouthfuls, she replied, "I sir, am eating your apple."

A large hand crashed down onto the counter, "Zactly! I hope you'll be payin me righ away missy!"

Azhure smiled at him, and pushed herself onto his counter, right next to the oranges. One leg crossed over the other, lifting her white skirt a little too high, she said, "Are you sure you want me to?"

"You bi-"

She took another large bite of the apple and reached out for an orange, her silver earrings jangling crazily, her sister used to tell her that with all that metal in her ears, she must weigh at least another ten pounds. There weren’t THAT many earrings, but Azhure could always dream. As she peeled the skin off of the orange, she said, "But why, in the world, would you want such silly things as coins?"

A small crowd had begun to gather, snickering behind their hands as she offered one of the smaller children a slice of her trophy.

"You can't just come over here and-"

"Ah," said Azhure, "I see your problem. It isn't that you want me to pay you! It's that you want me to leave!" She ran a hand over her short frizz of black hair, recently shaved. Her dark blue, almost black, eyes swiveled towards a pile of bananas. She peeled one and popped a piece into her mouth.

"Why you little!"

"Little, sir, I am not." She winked at him, she was at least three inches taller than him. "And I will not leave, there's nothing you can do about it."

The crowd began to laugh uproariously.

The fruit seller saw his reputation dwindling away. "Get away! Go on! Now!"

Azhure sighed, loaded a few more fruits into her arms, and said, "But-"

"NOW!!!!"

Smiling, she stood up and walked down the road, with a full stomach and some 50 gold worth of fruit loaded into her arms.

In case you didn't notice, she paid absolutely nothing. People these days are so kind, she thought. Azhure turned into an alleyway...and laughed.

Anonymous

Aisengod and a stranger conversed in the alleyway as the female walked down it.

"Yes, here's your five thousand gold, now where is my weapon?" Aisengod demanded quietly. Not looking around.

"Right here..." The stranger pulled out a very well crafted Death Blossom bow and handed it to Aisengod. "Just like you wanted it.."

"Perfect!" Aisengod shouted aloud as he looked it over. "Now time to test it out!"

"As you wish..." The stranger smirked and disappeared in an instant.

Turning around Aisengod came face to face with the female.

"Oh shit...." He let out as he jumped back just a bit. "Hehe, hello, how are you, I'm great. Nice day, yes?"

Anonymous

Azhure adjusted the silver sword on her back with a shrug of her shoulders as she flashed her biggest smile. "Just a wonderful day,...Peachy!" She replied holding out an example, "Want one?"

She leaned carelessly against the alley wall, the smile never leaving her lips, "I'll trade it, for something...unique." Azhure hadn't seen what he had been so excited about, but she was quiet sure that she wanted to.

Some say that dragons are evil, others say they are kind. Azhure was neither, she simply liked to get under people's skin, and she was soo good at it too!

Anonymous

"Mmmmm, I sure am hungry..." Aisengod let out as he laid his eyes on that peach. "I got a Wand of Force if you would like. It sends out a bolt of light and causes the target to be pushed back a few feet. It didn't cost me too much but, it is fairly rare!"

With a big smile, he held out the force wand to show the lovely lady. "By the way, what is your name, madam?"

Anonymous

For a second Azhure's eyes showed not their usual cool, but surprise.  That was an, unexpected reply. She laughed and said, "Keep it, I wouldn't have anywhere to carry it."

She tossed a peach his way, watched it sail over his head, and  than tried again with another one, actually aiming this time. "My name's Azhure, and your own?"

She cocked her head, waiting. Azhure had her principals, Manipulate people, trick lots of people.  BUT other than the obvious moral scruples, she firmly believed you could tell a lot about a person by their name.  Someone named Kiki, for instance, wouldn't be worth her time.  She planted a smile on her lips and waited, flicking her head so that her many earrings caught the feint, dusty, light.

Anonymous

"My name's Aisengod." He announced proudly with a smile on his face as well. "Why thank you.." He chuckled as he caught the peach and began pealing the skin off.

Catching an eye at her earrings, his eyes had a sudden sparkle as he watched them move. "My my, those are rather nice earrings you have there. And alot of them too. I would wear earrings but since I do alot of....fighting so to say, I can not risk my ears."

He put the force wand back and continued eating his peach. "Mmm, this is really good. It's as tasty as you are pretty. Say would you like to do something a little bit later on today?"

Anonymous

Azhure considered as she piled her fruit on top of a windowsill for some less fortunate person to find.  Her career must come before fun, theiving was all well and good, but her last real job, a kidnapping of some important person's daughter, had been months ago.  She would never make a name of herself if she didn't find work soon.  

"Sounds fun, where should we go?"

Oh well, something will turn up eventually, she thought good naturedly.  Besides, there may still be some fun to be had from this guy, Azhure had the suspision that he was not telling her a lot about himself.  And as long as they didn't go into any small, dark, places, she'd be fine.

Anonymous

"Hmm, I'm not too sure what there is to do in this village...what would you like to do?" Aisengod asked as he looked back to the main street. "Are you a fan of archery by any chance?"

Feeling rather good about this he thought it would either be archery or cause a little mayhem in the streets. Anything could please him at this point, he was so bored with the village. And now that he has taken up the hobby of smuggling weapons and buying illegal weapons he has found some fixes of a challenge.

Anonymous

Should I tell him? Azhure wondered. Her dragon blood made her swift, and good with swift arts. Azhure actually, was very gifted at archery, martial arts, and fencing. Nah, where's the fun in that?

She readjusted the strap that held her sword on her back and spun on her heel, her silver earrings clashing together merrily. The close walls of the alleyway were starting to bug her.

"Archery sounds exciting, are there any contests on right now? Or something, whatever you know..." she flipped one hand carelessly at the air behind herself and began to saunter towards the open again.

As the alley walls parted and the throng of crowds surged around her, Azhure breathed a sigh of relief. The dust of the city streets, the clamor of a million lives going past. To come back to this after even a little while in a close space, it was wonderful.

The little boy who she had given a slice of her orange to earlier was a little ways away, busily picking a noble's pocket, kid after my own heart, Azhure thought.

She turned, waiting for Aisengod.

Anonymous

Following behind, Aisengod pulled out his bow to carry it for a while. If he was intent on using it he might as well have it out.

"Hmm, I am not sure if there are any concerts around, we should check out the archery range, they usually have tons of events going on." Aisengod spoke as he tested the durability of the bow itself. He found it to be very nice and very sturdy. "Although, I do not know how much time I have free because I am actually involved with a militia of sorts."

Keeping pace with Azhure, Aisengod looked over at her and smiled. "You know, you are quite lovely..." With the smile still on his face he looked back to pay attention on the street. "How long have you been a thief?"

Anonymous

Her smile disappeared. Azhure's mind flitted back to her childhood...

...Darkness.
She couldn't move, the walls were closing in on her.
 Her hair was long, and it filled what little space was left.
She screamed, clawed at the walls, begged.
"I promise I'll do better! I won't mess up again! Please forgive me!"
The air was close, the walls were close, the dark, she couldn't breath, she was trapped. Azhure sobbed and pleaded to be freed.
But she knew it was no use.
She had failed.
So,
She had to be punished....

Azhure yanked her mind away from the memories, realized she had stopped walking, and lurched forwards. She gasped for breath, her hand running across her short hair, her nice, short hair. She took a deep, calming breath and looked at the sky, the open space. Than forced a smile on to her lips.

"Oh, I've been a theif for a long time, I had a lot of, intense training. So I consider myself fairly good at what I do, I try hard not to make mistakes. The Archery range is close yes?"

She smiled brightly now, covering over her irresponsible behavior, "I would like to see you use that bow, how good at it are you?" As she passed a woman in a pale gold dress, she casually pulled a small pouch of gold from the woman's matching gold purse. After a little ways, she opened it, and laughed, "Ladies shouldn't carry so much gold on themselves, I’ll give it to you if you if you impress me at the archery range, yes?"

Anonymous

Free gold....did she just say free gold? And all I have to do is impress her? Hot Damn!

"Oh, I'm not a god but, I am good with this bow." He began as he took an arrow out. "How's about you lay out some challeneges for me once we see what I'm up against?"

The thoughts of what he would do with that gold kept flashing through his mind and a very dreamy smile came to his face because of it.

As the smile reached from one ear to the other they walked right up to the range.

The smile left him as he saw a small crowd around one single gentlman who most likely, was trying to impress.

Anonymous

Azhure tossed the bag daintily from one hand to another, than put it away in a fold of her gauzy skirt. She agreed with him, "Challenges it is than." She winked.

Ahead she saw a group of people gathered. Interested, she sauntered over and pushed past people so gentally, they hardly noticed the intrusion. She threw her head over her shoulder, and waited for Aisengod. Her dark eyes blinked innocently, than, gesturing to the man in the center, she said so only her companion could hear, "Impress me, if these people think he's worth watching, than let me see you best him."

Anonymous

Quickly catching up to her, Aisengod looked up and down the man who stood in the middle of the small crowd. "And what, may I ask, is your name?" Aisengod spoke with a bit of a mean tone.

"My name's Faulk...Faulk Virus." The man replied as he tightened his grip on his Carnage Bow. "And what do most street rats call you?"

"I am known as Aisengod but, those with respect call me Shonuff." He replied giving Faulk a very evil eye.

"Well then, Mr. Shonuff, why don't we just see who the better man is around here. After all I am the reason people move to neighboring villages." A smirkish smile crept onto his face as he spoke those words.

"Name the first challenge Azhure, it is time I put this vermin in his place." Aisengod began getting frustrated at this commoner.

Anonymous

Azhure looked around her, the people in the crowd had began to murmurr and step back a little. She put one hand on her hip and tilted her head, looking at the two men.

"You both seem very confident, so why not start with that?" Azhure pionted to a tree limb about sixty yards away. There hung a patch of broad green leaves, the crowd murmmured, some betting on one archer, some on the other, some saying that they were bored and wanted nothing more than something to eat.

Azhure siad, "Whoever can shoot an arrow, so that it goes through one leaf, and only one, first will win." She glanced at Aisengod, "Do you accept the challenge?"

Anonymous

Smiling a bit and smirking as he looked at the tree, Aisengod knew he could do that challenge and do it very well but, he did have his doubts with this guy. He should let him go first, to see what he is up against.

"How's about you go first my good man, let's see just HOW good you are." Aisengod cooly let out as he began measuring up his opponent.

Taking aim with his bow, Faulk Virus took out an arrow and suddenly looked as if he was getting sleepy....a sleepy archer...

*BLIP*

Faulk virus did exactly what she wanted him to do, place an arrow through one and only one leaf. And he was sleepy...he didn't get any sleep the night before from spending all his time snipping out food for his hungry, sleepy stomach.

Nodding in respects to the sleepy archer, it was time to show him why people called him shonuff.

Taking very very careful, Aisengod lined up his shot and fired.

*BLIP*

He too met the challenge and nailed the single leaf with a single arrow, proving that he was an equal match on this challenge.

"Well, it seems you are an equal match to me Sir Faulk." Aisengod commented as he looked at the tree.

"Yes, yes it does Sir Shonuff." Faulk gave thanks as he got out another arrow for another challenge.

"But, rest assured, I will be the one who gives you the title of Sir Dies Alot in this challenge." Aisengod hissed as he turned to Azhure. "Next challenge please, m'lady!"

Anonymous

Azhure laughed, "I had better be more creative if I want to keep my gold."
She was impressed, slightly.

She turned around on her heel, glancing here and there, smiling.  Her earrings clinked and her dark eyes considered a moment before settling on something just plain silly.

"Okay, do you see that tree?"

The crowd put hands over their eyes and each person saw a tree about sixty yards off.

Azhure grinned, "Not the one most of you are looking at." She grabbed a wrinkled old man, dressed in fine silk, and slipped his jeweled band from his finger unnoticed before pressing her cheek to his and thrusting one finger in front of him.

"THAT one."

People murmured excitedly as they realized she meant the tree on the other end of the archery area, it seemed small enough to fit in one's pocket.

"Yes, that one." Azhure was thoroughly enjoying herself now. "On one branch, and only one, there is an apple. Let me see one of you mark it through the center as you did those leaves."  She almost expected one or both of them to refuse, or say it was impossible, or at least ask her to prove there was actually an apple there, since anyone with normal sight would have been unable to see it. But she knew that, had she a mind to, she could have easily completed the challenge. Even though, it was impossible from where they stood.

So, she lay her face in one hand, her dark blue dragon eyes glittering, and looked at the men, daring them not to accept.

Anonymous

The two archers looked at the tree then looked at each other. Both quickly shook their heads, knowing they were not that good.

"Okay, so you got us on that one....although, I can dispose of that entire tree rather quickly." AIsengod said as he looked over to Azhure. "With one arrow even."

"BULLSHIT!" Faulk yet out in disbelief. "I would like to see you prove it!"

"Well with the permission of my lady friend here, I will......Is it okay for that to be a challenge?"  Shonuff asked with a big smirk on his face.

Anonymous

Azhure smiled, she doubted now that she would keep that bag of gold.  She had never actually said that either man had to shoot the arrow from where they stood.  They could have walked within a foot of the apple and skewered it.  

But instead of pointing this out, she laughed and agreed to this new challenge.

She laid one hand on a brick wall beside them and swung herself up, crossing her ankles and leaning forwards curiously to watch.  

If Aisengod can pull this off, she thought, It'll defiantly be worth a bag of gold.

Anonymous

Among the feet of the muttering, jostling crowd a small figure drifted on black-tipped paws. Soft fur brushed occasionally against assorted boots and trouser legs, but no-one cast a glance down or jumped back in fright. In fact, no remarkable comment was passed as the vixen made her way in no particular hurry through the midst of the gathered people. It was strange that none seemed to notice her, for her pelt was quite a vibrant shade of red-gold, and a fox was an odd thing to see amongst so many humans. And besides that, three brush-like tails followed in her wake where by rights there should have been one. Perhaps it was only that their attention was on something else, and that their mutters and conversations easily covered any slight sound she would have made, but far more likely it was something to do with the vixen herself.

Amber-coloured eyes spying an end to the crowd and a place where she could watch whatever was happening, Freya made for it, settling her small-boned body beside a wall, and curling her tails around herself. There was a figure perched on top of the wall some way ahead of her, but her back was turned and her attention focused on what was happening in the field beyond, and the vixen wasn't at all worried about being spotted. Instead, she too turned her golden eyes toward the front of the milling crowd, where two men stood with bows. Ah, an archery contest.  The three-tailed fox had emerged this morning from the forests around Adela where she had been hunting the previous night, and had decided to make a passing visit to the village in search of a source of entertainment, before she moved on again. Well, she would see what amusement she could concoct for herself here, then.  

ooc) Hope you don't mind me barging in here.. ;)
<center>
<font color=gray>------------------------------------------------------------
.Mindchildren.</font>
<font color=yellow>•Freya•</font><font color=gray>Istalia•</font>
</center>