Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Are You Sure Thats What You Want?

Started by Anonymous, January 06, 2005, 06:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Bending backwards to crack his back, Aisengod knew it would take precise aim and timing to destroy that entire tree with one arrow but, with his skill it could be done.

With all eyes on him, including the new pair that just came in, he could feel the pressure rise as he reached for the special arrow. Laced with a little bit of red, the size of the arrow and the thickness of the arrow were no different than a normal one.  

Taking a deep breath and aiming at the sky above the tree Aisengod pulled back slowly on the string...as far as it would go without being broken. Closing his eyes for a split second, Aisengod let the arrow fly. And fly it did. Right when it got over the top of the tree it burst into a massive flame that was so hot that it caused the tree to immediately disintegrate, including a good portion of the land around of the tree.  

"......YES!!!!!!!!!" Aisengod shouted as he rejoiced in complete and total happiness.

Anonymous

From her position beside the wall, the unnoticed vixen watched one of the men raise his bow,  and target a distant tree. Here we go, then, she chuckled within her mind, lifting her delicate muzzle and curling one of her three tails more comfortably around her body.  She trained her amber eyes on the arrow the man loosed from his bow, tracking its graceful arc. It may have been barely perceptible except to those who viewed it from the right angle, but the arrow glowed faintly gold for a moment in the distance before the flames flared around it. Even after that moment, the vixen's eyes still moved.

In truth, the little vixen was far from an everday red fox. She was of a race named the Kitsune, and was in truth a spirit-fox. Her kin  tricked, meddled with or assisted other beings as they saw fit, aided by their diverse forms of magic.  As the gatherd crowd began to exclaim, applaud and talk excitedly to one another at the sight of the tree bustingt into flames, a tiny dot began to roll towards them across the archery range, for the time so small as to be unnoticed by all but the fox.  Freya's keen ears hadn't missed the previous words of the woman who sat on the wall as she had drifted through the crowd. Soon, though, it became visible, and eventually took on a slightly reddish pigment. The apple rolled to a stop at the foot of the rejoicing archer. It was charred a little on one side, but the other was a rosy red, and penetrating it from side to side was a blackened arrow, by all other appearances the same the man had just shot. The little vixen gave a fox's equivalent of a grin, and  turned her eyes to watch the archer's reaction.

<center>
<font color=gray>------------------------------------------------------------
.Mindchildren.</font>
<font color=yellow>•Freya•</font><font color=gray>Istalia•</font>
</center>

Anonymous

Azhure clapped her hands as she watched the tree burst into flames. She swung herself down from her perch on the wall, bowing dramatically to Aisengod.

"Truely worth a bag of gold!" Just what kind of militia did he say he was in? She wondered, her cuirosity aroused. But as she was rising from her bow her eyes fell on the silent red apple.

Apples, they always play big parts in this story, don't they?

She began laughing uncontrollably, leaning on Aisengod as support. Vainly she tried to gasp out an explanation for her sudden amusement.

Azhure's dark eyes flicked up to Aisengod's face, and she dumped the gold into his hand, closing his fingers forcibly around it.

"You win, that was enough to impress even me! In fact, I'll give you the bag of gold, and a bonus!"

She pecked him on the cheek than turned on her heal, thourally pleased with herself.

She stopped when she saw it. The Kitsune was one of the most entrancing creatures in the world that she knew of, and she wondered if she was the only one who had noticed it. She wondered if it could talk.

Today was turning out to be a very eventful day indeed.

Anonymous

The kitsune's amusement grew as she watched the woman from the wall burst into laughter as she saw the apple, but curiosity entered her thoughts as well. Why was she laughing? Was it possible that she knew, or had guessed at, the origin of the arrow that skewered the charred apple? The Kitsune were versed in many magic arts, but one of their fondest loved abilities was creating illusions. They were masters of illusion, skilled to the point where anything they created was impossible to tell apart from the real thing. The arrow was a solid, three-dimensional illusion, a replica of the one the archer had loosed from his bow. The apple, however, was real, the very one pointed out by the short-haired woman who was now doubled over in laughter.

The little vixen turned her gaze to the woman who approached her. She expected her to walk right past, as every other passer-by had done, because she had been weaving an illusion around herself as she drifted, that had enabled her to pass unnoticed. She was surprised, therefore, when the woman instead stopped before her, belatedly realising that her attention must have wavered from her invisibility cloak when she was playing with the arrow illusion. But, instead of turning tail and slinking out of the archery ground, she tilted her delicate head to the side in a curious manner, and lifted her golden gaze to meet the woman's, eyes dancing with mischief. Then, diverting everybody else's eyes from her body again, the red-gold vixen spoke. It was not the usual means of communication that she chose, for of course her fox's tongue couldn't shape human words. Instead, the vixen reached out gently with her mind, to touch that of the woman in a telepathic greeting.

"A skilled archer, is he not?"

Her mind-speech carried undercurrents of laughter, and her voice was embroidered with a beautiful tuneful accent.

"My name is Freya."

<center>
.Mindchildren.</font>
<font color=yellow>•Freya•</font><font color=gray>Istalia•Taurien•</font>
</center>

Anonymous

"Simply amazing." Azhure said, rolling her eyes at the though of how easy it would be to best him. But she never showed her skill unless it was a life or death situation. She knelt down, so that she was level with the wall on which the kitsune sat.

"And a nice companion, no?" she winked.

"Freya, my name is Niyammahii, Azhure is the closest human equivalent though. I am pleased beyond measure to meet you."

As people began to disperse and mutter, and a few scatterings of rain began to fall from the suddenly thick clouds above her, Azhure added as explanation, "I am dragon blooded, so the true name I carry is in the draconic language."

Her dark eyes clouded for a second, for a second as she remembered.

But she buried that memory where it belonged.

Far, far out of sight.

To think on it,

would not leave her sane...

Anonymous

Light drops of water began to dot the kitsune's fiery pelt, but they went unheeded. Seeing the woman's wink, a soft laugh also accompanied her next words.

"Truespoken."

The little vixen now began to idly toss a small, brightly glowing ball of fire between her three tails, as she listened to Azhure's speech. The golden orb was quite unaffected by the gently falling raindrops, nor did it singe her fur.

"It is a pelasure meeting you as well, Niyammahii."

The kitsune was able to reproduce exactly the prononciation of the woman's name - this was another advantage of mindspeech. Freya herself had a hidden name, as did in fact all of her race. It was considered extremely foolhardy among kitsune society to speak this true name to any other, as it could leave one open to a form of manipulation. She said nothing on this subject, however.

"Dragon-blooded indeed. Do you possess a shapeshifter's abilities, then?"

In her considerable lifetime, the kitsune had never held many conversations with dragons. She was in fact, several human lifetimes old, but her race usually lived for many centuries, so Freya was still a youngster.. not that kitsune generally grew any less curious or prankish with age. The vixen's dancing eyes remained on Azhure, paying no heed to the murmuring crowd, some of whom now began to drift away and go their separate ways.

OOC) Psst! She's beside the wall. ;)
<center>
.Mindchildren.</font>
</center>

Anonymous

Showing off as he recieved praise upon praise for his skill, Aisengod could not hear the conversation between the two.

"Yes, yes, I am the man!" He spoke out as he signed autograph after autograph. "And Faulk, where is faulk? I guess I am now the reason people leave villages!"

Once the crowd was done praising his name, Aisengod turned around to see the two beautiful creatures, one against the wall and the other that had just given him a kiss and a bag of gold.

With a big big grin and a prance, he walked up to Azhure and put his arm around her waist. "Sorry to interupt, I just thought I'd introduce myself. I am AIsengod and you are my lady?" He asked as he bowed before the kitsune.

Anonymous

The little vixen, who out of the corner of her vision had been watching the archer bask in his praise, broadcast another chuckle across the mental link to Azhure as he began to saunter towards them. She then turned her bright eyes toward the man, broadening her mental link to encompass him as he spoke, and, interestingly, bowed.

"Most call me Freya, and I must say what a pleasure it is to meet such a fine archer."

There was a slight nuance of ausement in her tone, and this was directed towards Azhure. The kitsune was thinking of the apple. She continued to juggle the fiery globe between her three tails, apparently without much thought. Not once did she drop it.

"After all, there aren't many who can shoot down an apple that is so far away as to be no more than a dot on the horizon."

This time, the vixen's lovely voice rang with an innocent sincerity, as the little fireball danced from tail to tail behind her.
<center>
.Mindchildren.</font>
</center>

Anonymous

Azhure smiled as Aisengod's arm went around her waist. A thought fluttered through her mind, a memory of someone telling her that she was about as trustworthy as a chameleon. Of course, she didn't agree with that, she was simply very good with people.

When the kitsune asked her if she could shapeshift, well, that was another bad memory. While Azhure tried to keep the pain from showing in her face and voice, she felt herself tense up anyways.

"No. I cannot assume a dragon's shape, instead I have been cursed with this one." Her voice was sharp, its tone dangerous, daring either of her companions to pry.

Azhure stood up suddenly, her earrings clashing together, and forcing a smile she said, "Well, the archery feild is no fun in the rain is it? Shall we go somewhere else?"

Anonymous

A look of shock came upon the face of Aisengod as he received such a message. Looking around trying to find where the broadcast came from he then realized it came from the kitsune he had just met.

"That is so kick ass!" He replied, fully amazed at the feat. "Although, I can not stay long, I have to leave quite soon....something tells me I need to get back to my malitia before someone has my head."

Aisengod began to rub Azhure's side and hold her a bit closer. "Hmm, perhaps you two could come with me and join in?" He suggested while poking on Azhure's side. "And I can't get over your ability Freya, it's so kick ass!!"

Anonymous

Just as Aisengod spoke, three....different looking strangers came running up to them as fast as they could. One, a very tall yet, medium-ish slender Knight with full armor, a mohawk shaped hat thing attatched to the top of his helmet, and a cup of tea. The second, a very short, around thigh high in height, bald, old and wrinkly, and almost blind elder. The third, an average human height mole.

"Rexus, Jonesy, Alfred....what the hell are you guys doing here?" Aisengod yelled out as the three almost ran him over. "Does it have to do with the militia?"

"Yes, it does. You are needed back at the Dark Mage Village with us. We have been assigned with finding the Book of S.O.T.E" Alfred explained before taking a sip of his tea.

"S.O.T.E?" Aisengod asked in confusion. "What the F%#$ is Sote?"

"Not Sote you idiot, S.O.T.E" Rexus replied knowing more about the subject. "It's a book on tactics, Alchemy, and weapon design."

"But, first off, we need to find the Keys of Wonder in Wishnight Tower to open the Chest of Agnam." Jonesy finalized for the group.

"And where do we begin?" Aisengod asked tilting his head.

"The Dark Mage VIllage." All three of them yelled in unison while grabbing and pulling Aisengod along.

Anonymous

The little vixen tilted her head at Azhure's harsh, bitter and quite unexpected, response, although the smooth motion of the golden fireball didn't skip a beat. She dropped the subject as the woman stood up, for it was obvious she didn't want to speak any further on the subject. Freya was sympathetic. She could understand that better than most, for she was a shapeshifter herself, like all kitsune, and although it wasn't her favourite ability, she would hate to have it taken away from her.  

Droplets of rain beading her pelt more frequently now, the kitsune snuffed out the fireball as quickily as she had created it, and was about to broadcast an answer to Azhure's suggesting when Aisengod broke in, exclaiming over her telepathic abilities. Her mood changed quickly, as it often did, switching from solemn reflection back to amusement again. Her soft laughter could be heard inside all three minds.

"Yes, I suppose it is.."

Her speech trailed away into silence as her keen eyes caught sight of the three approaching figures, a mismatched group coming at them at a run. Quickly, she spun an illusion-cloak about her small body once again, hiding herself from the view of all but Azhure and Aisengod. Kitsune were flippant creatures, often directed by whims and fancies. They meddled in the lives of others as they chose, and appeared only to those they wished to. Freya had no idea who these figures were, and, after all, foxes were considered game in most human-habitated places, and one with three tails would be of especial interest to any hunter. Of course, the little kitsune would have had no trouble evading them with her magical abilites, and had in fact had quite an entertaining time bewildering several hunting parties in the past, but it was far less hassle simply not to be seen.

The kitsune tilted her head in curiosity as it became apparent that Aisengod knew the strange little party, and that they appeared to be from the same militia, but still she did not reveal herself. Instead, she listened with faint interest to their hurried conversation. They were looking for a book of warcraft called the Book of S.O.T.E?  Freya gave Azhure a slightly bewildered look, the drift of her thoughts impressing on the woman's mind the echoes of her surprise.

<center>
.Mindchildren.</font>
</center>

Anonymous

Azhure watched as Aseingod left, but at that moment she was in too black a mood to care.

"Perhaps we will meet again." she murmmured. Than turning to the Kitsune she said, "Shall we find a drier place my friend?"

As a person with a large fruit basket passed, Azhure grabbed a large, red apple and bit into it unnoticed.  Azhure seemed to steal, or, borrow, that is, much more when she was unhappy.

"Tell me," Azhure said, begining to walk towards a clump of slightly soggy buildings, "How did you come to be by that wall anyways?"

Anonymous

The Kitsune too watched the mismatched group depart with idle curiosity, then turned to follow Azhure out of the archery range. She moved with quick, light steps, three tails waving behind her. Her red pelt stood out starkly amongst the sparse crowd, but once again no one seemed to notice the little fox.

Freya's golden eyes saw Azhure take the apple from the fruit-seller's basket, and gave a brief canine grin, before she realised that the woman was stealing not in jest, but out of unhappiness. Faintly she hoped she'd not brought it on by triggering too many unpleasant memories.

She heard the woman's question.

"You are thinking an archery range is a strange place for one such as myself to turn up, yes?"

She said, speaking from the perspective of someone who resembled a game animal.

"I saw a crowd and thought I'd see what all the fuss was about.. after all, the majority of humans aren't particularly observant."

There was a hint of jest about her words - she loved her illusion-making abilities.

"You surprised me, catching sight of me like that."

But then again, Azhure wasn't human. Momentary pity flared in the kitsune.

She was silent for a moment, darting away from the path of an unseeing man's foot.

"How about you,  Niyammahii?"

OOC) Sorry for not replying.. I've had next to no time lately. Too many assignments.. *sigh*

<center>
.Mindchildren.</font>
</center>