Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Strange Encounter on pay day

Started by Mepotepo, September 29, 2014, 07:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mepotepo

Angar bumbled out the entrance of one of the Deadfall Towers, a jingling coin purse in hand. After a short stroll into the forest around the towers, he opened the purse and counted its contents. "Fuckin' dirty long-legged bandits, practically rapin' me for this work," he grumbled to himself as he sealed the purse and hung it from his belt, next to his left beard-braid.
He worked the cork from an old liquor bottle he kept around and began to chug its contents as he talked the too familiar path back out of the forest. The tip of his sword just scraped the forest floor as he walked, dragging leaves and the occasional twig behind him. "If I had two halves of a brain, I'd up and leave Serendipity, I tell ye. Sparkly fingered long-legs can rot for all I care."

Rowan Llyri-laer

The Deadfall Towers loomed over the forest that loomed over Angar as he strode down the path. Though the dwarf seemed to be alone, his crude language and appearance would not go unnoticed by the young nymph ducked behind a blueberry bush beside the path. Her minute antlers could just be seen poking out from the leaves of the squat foliage, but could easily be mistaken for bare branches. If Angar was too busy gazing at the bottom of his liquor bottle to notice, he might hear the rustling of the bush's leaves as the girl ducked even further down to mask her antlers.

Mepotepo

Finishing the last of the murky alcohol, Angar let out a ferocious belch before throwing the small bottle toward a nearby blueberry bush. He grinned rather widely as he heard the glass shatter.
A few steps down the path, Angar was muttering quietly to himself, his giant blade in hand. He swung the large steel in wide arcs, cutting the tops from bushes, cutting nicks into tree trunks, and even beheading a snake once.

Rowan Llyri-laer

Calla's antlers slowly topped the bush once again as she peered at the odd, little man who seemed too hotheaded for his own good. Or was he even a man? He seemed so...short.
A hand shot up to cover her mouth as she gasped in fright. What was the man doing? How could he??
Calla simply couldn't contain herself any longer as he killed the poor, slithery creature. She leapt up and called out desperately, "Please stop!"

Mepotepo

"Ah hah!" the dwarf shouted in response to the sudden cry, spinning to face the caller while bringing his mighty sword before him. He pointed its tip at the bizarre creature before him and lowered his stance, readying for the encounter.
"Well what d'we have 'ere? One o'them forest fairy lasses lookin'! Them bandits been lookin' fer yer type, what's to stop me from claimin' that bounty o'theirs, lass? Hells, do ya even speak?" He slurred his words but showed no other signs of outright intoxication.

Rowan Llyri-laer

The girl curiously starred at the blade aimed at her throat, tapping it with her finger after some hesitation. Tilting her head to the side so that her snowy tresses pooled over one shoulder, Calla would scan the dwarf with her glossy eyes, as though he himself were some sort of bizarre creature.
"Calla is not a fairy of the forest. She...She is a nymph. Is short man a human? Or...a gnome?"

Mepotepo

The dwarf gasped in exasperation. "I got about a hundred and sixty kilograms o'pure steel pointed at your throat and you start throwin' insults my way?" Angar shouted his inquiry and chopped the air next to the curious creature's face. "I'm no fuckin' 'human,' creature," the word "human" dripped with sarcasm, "and I'm no puny gnome either! I'm not for likin' your attitude!" He squinted at the girl, scanning her figure and assessing what possible prowess she might have in a fight.

Rowan Llyri-laer

Calla wrinkled her nose and coughed, the stench of alcohol poisoning the fresh air of the wilderness. Still fascinated by the man, she'd ask simply, "What is a kilogram?"
His slicing and dicing of the air didn't seem to phase the girl in the slightest. She just "Oooh"ed and "Ahhh"ed at the weapon as the dwarf threatened her.
Calla placed a bare foot forward, hoping to be able to examine the stranger better. Tiny toadstools and daisies grew from her toes, wherever she happened to step.

Mepotepo

"What's a kilog- It's weight! What in the hells d'ye mean, 'what's a kilogram?'" As he talked, Angar noticed the sudden blooming of nature that came with the she-beast's presence; the forest seemed somehow more. . .alive than it previously had.
"Now what's a 'nymph,' woman? You'd best be quick to answer, and I'm not for takin' anymore o'yer damned insults, ye hear me?" He lifted his sword back up and away from the delicate creature but didn't sheathe it or relinquish his stance.

Rowan Llyri-laer

Calla tilted her head to the other side, perplexed by his newest question even more than the previous ones. "A nymph is..."
She frolicked the few meters over to the dwarf, her hands tucked behind her back to create a sense of passiveness. "A nymph is not a dwarf." The girl glided from side to side, peeking at him from different angles. Her movement seemed somewhat animalistic and yet graceful and feminine at the same time.
"Why do dwarves smell so strange? They do not smell anything like humans or nymphs." She stopped dancing about for a moment to bend down before Angar, so that her spine was nearly at a ninety degree angle from her long legs. Calla subconsciously braided a lock of blossom-adorned hair as she awaited a response.

Mepotepo

Angar finally relented and stabbed his behemoth of a sword into the ground near his feet, its handle towering almost a foot above his head. 
"A nymph ain't a dwarf? Ye don't say," he rolled his eyes and began digging into various pouches that hung from his belt, searching for another bottle.
When Calla bent to sniff the dwarf, he looked up and locked eyes with her, his brow lowering. "Not sure I'd be callin' the smell strange, woody one, smells more fantastic than any long-legged I've had the displeasure comin' across, that's fer sure."

Rowan Llyri-laer

"Do dwarves have names?" A thousand questions thundered through the girl's antlered head, but she paced herself. Her scent, which was a sweet combination of wildflowers and bark and petrichor clashed with the smell of booze the dwarf frequently belched up.
Calla leaned even closer to look at the Angar's beard, her eyes sparkling with awe as she reached out to pet it.

Mepotepo

The stubby arm of the dwarf shot out far faster than one would expect from it and he grasped the nymph's frail wrist and squeezed, the muscles in his wrist contracting tightly. "Not fer curious creatures that go pettin' already annoyed dwarves." He released his crushing squeeze after just a few seconds and stepped away to draw his sword and get back on his way to town. "Now get ye gone, thing. I'm not wantin' to hurt anythin' else today, Angar's gettin' tired."

Rowan Llyri-laer

Calla whimpered as her man-handled wrist was released, blotchy red marks appearing quickly on the ivory skin. She watched the irritable dwarf make his leave, murmuring softly, "Angar is not very nice..."
Despite her sore wrist, however, the nymph would hurry after him. Flora would blossom from the soil around her; even in Angar's path. Calla happily skipped along beside the stranger, appearing quite unafraid of him. "Where is Angar going?"

Mepotepo

"Back to Serendipity, got a pub stool and couple o'whores waitin' on my presence, I'm a very important dwarf after all," he snorted, not turning to face the nymph as he walked. "But what d'ye care, creature? City o'magic fucks ain't hardly a place for some nature lady, that's fer sure." He spit to the side opposite of Calla, taking notice that he intentionally missed one of the flowers spawned near her feet.

Rowan Llyri-laer

The nymph would sprint ahead a few feet, pause to look around, and sprint ahead once again such as a deer or gazelle would. During her third halt, she'd whirl around and smile at the dwarf following behind her.
"Calla does not live in the forest anymore. She is like a human." The girl grabbed two handfuls of skirt fabric and swayed from side to side, showing off her elegant, but badly worn attire, "See? She dresses just like a human!"
She released the material from her hands and bent down to pick some flowers that had appeared during her sprinting. "What are whores? A type of drink?" Her face lit up as an idea came to mind, flowers and mushrooms shooting up from the earth with a brief period of rapidity. "Oh! Can Calla go with Angar to the...the pub?"

Mepotepo

"Just like a human, eh?" The stout dwarf chortled and smirked at Calla, "Now don't go insultin' yerself, you're not near as cute as a dwarf lass but don't go callin' yerself human."
Angar laughed softly to himself, a sound that nearly mimicked a bubbling cauldron, and bent to pick another of her flowers so he could sniff it. "Forest," he he grunted to himself in disgust and tossed it away.
"You're wantin' to come to the pub? And visit whores and get drinks? Well, you're sure as stone not a human. Come along if ye'd like."

Rowan Llyri-laer

Calla smiled, petting her hair to the side contently, "Calla is friends with a dwarf now!" She bounded ahead as before, often flicking her head to either side if a bird or unknown creature called from the thicket on either side of the path.
"What are whores, Angar?" She wondered allowed as she capered, "Aren't they a type of sparrow? Oh yes, I think I have heard of those before..."

Mepotepo

"A whore fucks fer gold, ye dolt," Angar stated flatly. He wasn't one to guard another's emotions. "Ye go to the pub, ye take yer pick, have some fun and pay up, nothin' to it." He slowly stroked the two thick braids of his beard and sighed, "I've been waitin' fer this day for a week now!"

Rowan Llyri-laer

A chubby, golden finch flew down and landed on the girl's antlers as she stopped to think. "Calla does not know what 'fucking' is..." She admitted through a soft murmur, "Calla has never been to a pub before. Do they have cakes there?" She turned toward the dwarf, a robin fluttering down to accompany the finch, "Calla loves lemon cakes."

Tags: