Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Ice Cave (Sentinel)

Started by Ethereal-Star, October 07, 2014, 02:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

The ice mage turned towards the two Void Walkers, curiosity shining in her eyes. "What's it like?" she questioned softly. "I mean, to live forever and see more than most people could ever hope to see or experience? It seems at first glance to be a wonderful thing, but I would imagine you would get weary and disillusioned after awhile." Adelaide became quiet and looked down upon the landscape far below. She had little fear of falling strangely enough, as she felt more uninhibited this high up. An occasional bird or two flew nearby, but otherwise they minded their own business and soon disappeared into the vastness of the sky.

"Being trapped here and not being free to go where you wish must be difficult. How do you stand it?" 

Sentinel

Quote from: Ethereal-Star on November 07, 2014, 05:59:50 PM

Astrauld smirked at the ice mage's comprehension. "Your words ring true, Adelaide. An eternity is a curse when the eternity is spent in loneliness. You learn that nothing ever survives when put against the tests of time and life. Love dies, hatred dies, morality dies... Everything dies..." Perish silently nodded his head in agreement.

Ethereal-Star

Adelaide was quiet for awhile after that, just content to look at their current surroundings in the meantime. It was beautiful and exhilarating really to be this high up, something most mortals weren't able to do. The eternal blue of the sky around them was hypnotizing and the ice mage felt herself almost drowning in its depths from time to time.

She wasn't really sure what to say after this point, so she opted for a question instead. "Where are we going while here? I wouldn't mind seeing my hometown again."