Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Damned Trackers(Open)

Started by Arokai, October 27, 2014, 06:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arokai

As Drakir slowly worked his way through the cave, he kept a constant eye out for anything that seemed amiss. He had only visited this cave twice before. Once ended with him scrambling back to the nearest barony with several bandits hot on his tail. This cave is only used by one of his less legal customers, a mage from Connlaoth who needed supplies for his experiments. Of course, magic is illegal in Connlaoth, so he hires Drakir to smuggle anything he may need to this cave, just inside Serendipity's side of the general border through the mountains. This time the shipment included crystals, gems, and some general alchemy ingredients. The pay wasn't much but it gave Drakir something to do. Hopefully this shipment went off without a hitch. But general rule was that anything that could go wrong, would. So to be prepared, he kept a throwing knife in his left hand, a dagger in his right, and was ready to call his magic if need be.

Ragnarok

Skavir Stormhammer a dwarf warrior was walking near a cave even without knowing it searching for gold and other minerals because he was interested in beginning a mining operation. Still when he wandered around he encountered some bandits a few times and always they were asking the same question from him about a smuggler. He had always said he knew nothing of this smuggler and walked on until he came to a perfect spot to start a mining operation. But before starting he examining if there was something amiss in his mind. Then when he turned around well he was surprised by what he saw. A cargo full of anything an alchemist of sorts or a mage would need. Then he began to walk closer until he didn't feel alright and yelled "Aye! Is there anyone in there?!" He just wanted to make sure that he didn't get in to anything unnecessary things that would make his start of a mining operation possible. He waited for answers and didn't hear any then he yelled again a bit louder "Is there anyone out there?!" in to the direction of the cave near the place he was investigating to be a good mining spot. Then when he got tired of waiting and wanted to start doing something though still sat down near the good mining spot and began singing a song his father had sung when he had mined before dying. This kept him singing all the time  waiting for answers.

Arokai

Drakir heard shouting outside the cave, loud enough to be heard, but he was so deep inside the cave that the words were too faint to be understood. Readying his dagger, as well as his reserves of magic in case defense became necessary, he worked his way back to the entrance. Upon exiting the cave, he was relieved to see the shipment he was smuggling still safe, right where he had left it before investigating the cave. Looking around for the source of the shouting he saw a short, heavily armored person sitting a short distance away. The voice sounded masculine and dwarvish. Looking around and seeing noone else, Drakir called out as he hid his dagger, sensing it would be of no use against such heavy armor if things turned ugly.
"Excuse me, were you the one shouting?"

Ragnarok

The dwarf heard someone coming and stopped singing and watched at the human if it was even he thought. "Yes I were yelling if  there was someone in here. I just wonder do you have so called "friends" waiting for you just over the cliff?" he laughed after saying these words. "Just kidding lad. I know they are bandits. I scared them off but why are you hiding that stuff here on the borders of a nation? Its dangerous you know. If someone finds it and you hiding it they may take you to custody for hiding such things in here... Just to let you know." The dwarf knew there was something mysterious about this and walked nearer. "I can help you but in repay for my kindness I would like you to help me to get the rights to begin mining process on this rich ground which has many minerals and we could make money from it. You like the sound of the deal lad?" The dwarf stretched his hand out ready for a shake of hand if the man was ready to agree with him.

Arokai

Tucking away his blade, Drakir took the offered hand. "I may not be able to do much, but I would assume to get the rights to mine here, you would have to speak to whichever baron owns the land. Having a local vouch for you could be helpful. I'm up here working a contract myself." Walking over to one of several dead-drops he and his client have in the area, he reached down and picked a coin purse stuffed with several pounds worth of silver coins, in return leaving a mark showing it may not be wise to use the same drop again. "I must thank you for chasing off those bandits, and some help moving these crates into the back of the cave would be nice." Knowing he had no choice but to offer his help to the dwarf due to the rather illegal position he was caught in, he told the dwarf, "Once everything is put away up here, and we're back in civilization, I could take you to see whoever owns this patch of land."

Ragnarok

Skavir looked at the man and took the pouch that was given to him. "Well though this little hideout you have. I don't mind you know. I could help you with the moving of those crates. In my young days I mined a lot and those crates to the back of the cave is an easy task you know." The dwarf still looked at the man and then watched to the crates. "But if we want it to be easy we must move them very carefully." Then he walked to the crates. "Well I have to say... You have some illegal business don't you... I have to guess you are the smuggler the bandits spoke about?" The dwarf laughed after that. "I don't mind you just try to get your living and I can help." He offered this because he already knew that they both were in a position of no easy task. Also if we want the baron or lady to give us rights... Well I'll give them a part of the findings I can find." Then the dwarf looked at the man again after inspecting the crates. "And you could help me with taking care of the dangers and we could become companions in business. I could help you get legal moving vouches from one dwarf mail company in the capital here... My cousin owns it. You know they could get you the vouches." Then he again looked at the crates. "Magical stuff I guess? If they are going to Connlaoth I can help you. I have a few contacts in there. I'll pay 'em and you get your stuff to the client lad. What does it sound? I am ready to make some deals here because once I were a person who was like a mailman and moved some shady things too though legally and I could help you." Then he walked and continued inspecting the lay of the mountain.

Hundelar

It was dusk time and Andrakhar was flying above the mountains that he inhabited in, he liked to do some sporadic surveillance flights, to make sure no undesired creatures were wandering too near his treasure, sure, he got tons left stored inside his infinite stomach, but he was a gr eddy dragon and would not like losing a single coin needlessly. His dragon senses were as sharp as ever, and nothing escaped him, as he flew, he watched as the mountains passed by him, one by one, almost as if in slow motion, that was a nice place to be set.

As he was about to finish his route, a peculiar sight caught his eyes: An armored dwarf, talking to a human, the vision made him ferocious, he was not very fond of dwarfs, neither liked humans very much and a crossing with one normally meant it was lunch time for him, he thought as he flyed towards the two pesky creatures.

Upon getting close to them he began to glide, while lifting his back legs to touch the ground first for a landing, he could have killed them both right now with a single burst of flames, but that was not his style, the dragon enjoyed talking and would never kill at sight unless greatly provoked or angered, which (fortunately for those two) he was not at the moment.

As he swiftly landed, first touching his back legs, then folding his bat like wings to touch the ground, he decided to engage on conversation. "Greetings my friends, what business brings you to my mountains?"-he said in that deep polite tone, that even though calm, was also terrifying. he looked down to those tiny creatures, his long neck making an S shape alongside his torso, he was giant compared to those two, to the point of them looking like ants compared to that titanic dragon, he was standing on his 4 paws, just a few meters away of them.

Arokai

Just as Drakir was about to accept the dwarf's generous offer, a dragon made a thunderous landing only slightly muffled by the snow. Slightly shocked to see such a creature, he realized that any attempt at frightening away a dragon was as useless as trying to drain the sea. Resigning to his helplessness in this situation, he offered a greeting in return, "Greetings mighty dragon, we are only attempting to sort out some business. My name is Drakir and this here dwarf is my associate. I hope this is not an intrusion on your territory." Glancing at the dwarf and trying to convey that respect should be shown, he wondered if this dragon would decide to keep them alive.

Ragnarok

At first Skavir didn't mind the hearing someone speaking until he turned around and saw a dragon. "I didn't know someone lived on these mountains. I'm sorry to intrude but can you let me do a little mining site here Mr.Dragon?" He spoke with a heavy tone and with respect because he didn't want to be a dragons lunch or a snack either. Then he walked closer to the dragon. "I just ask for the mining site but I give you this generous offer. If I find gold you will get sixty percent of the findings what I can find. Isn't it a good deal for you Mr.Dragon?" Then he stopped and walked away just to be near the mountain wall.