Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Gone With December [M]

Started by visualspice, December 01, 2014, 07:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Well, in this war- if the mage is hostile they're more or less put down. Some are captured if they surrender, but their fate isn't much greater. But that's the duty of most soldiers, I'm certain the mordecai have some stricter code."

ANd he thought back to the way the mordecai treated Solita, and felt his blood burn.
"You needn't worry about the mordecai. As a soldier... I.. I can give you an alibi. But I'm afraid I have no idea what to do now. My.... my patrol had been defeated, adn I was lucky to get out alive."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

SilmeriaElemred

'Put down..' those words made her clench her teeth and the fire seemed to burn more intenser for that moment too.''No need to give me an alibi... would we find mordecai wont it be better for you to claim you have captured me instead? That at the least would save you right? '' she inhaled briefly.''We should move. We are to exposed for both bandits and the weather''

visualspice

"Captured?" He looked completely taken back by the idea. He shook his head.
"N-no... I would never. Besides.. it's not like.. well.." he gave her a sheepish look. "Its not like you look like a mage."
If mages could look like anything. To him- most looked like ordinary people. Except Solita...
Her elven ears were pretty obvious to her fae ancestry.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

SilmeriaElemred

''Looks are deceiving Killian. I look human but I killed dragons on my own. Destroyed an entire bloodline and the army singlehandedky. Not sure how you view me with my white hair and thus far kind behaviour but I am not what I look like. Now. Show me what it is that filled your eyes with purpose''

visualspice

"Purpose?" He repeated softly, his eyes going down to the snow. He immediately thought to Solita, his eyes wavering over the fact that, despite his survival, he wasn't sure he'd ever see her again.

SilmeriaElemred

''Your eyes seemed so goalfilled earlier.'' she explained. ''I am sure that there is some place you'd like to see or somewhere you would like to go.''

visualspice

With that, Killian lifted his blue eyes to meet her's.
"My goal was to protect this land that my family has lived on for so many years. I believed from the start, I was doing the right thing. Doing this all to make my family proud and to honor them. But now... after all I've been through.. what I've lost..."
He grit his teeth as he looked down at the stump that had once been his arm. He placed his hand over it, as if to touch the arm that was no longer there before that hand clenched into a fist.

"My morals have been tried and tested, broken and bruised. And I found love- in a mage of all things- and the Grand Duke... he personally took her away from me and now.. now I don't even know if I have anything left to fight for. She could be dead, or worse- and I'm out here.. floundering away," he went on, eyes welling with tears as he choked on a sob. "Lost, cold and no where near the place  I used to call home."

SilmeriaElemred

''I'm sorry... I said something insensitive right?'' she approached him and took his hand in her warm ones.

''The grand duke... if he took her away from you why not claim her back yourself. I  can help you. Also. If you have sins to atone for... then atone for them. There is always something left to fight and live for.

''My heart was shattered by the person I loved. He betrayed me.'' mentioning it alone revealed it still hurt her since itwas able to see in her eyes. ''Lets go see the grand duke. And claim back your love. And then. Find a place for you to call home.''

visualspice

Killian was taken back by her suggestion.
"Go to the Grand Duke?"
He shook his head. "That would be suicide..."
But as he looked at his missing arm, his frown deepened as a cold wind fluttered his tattered, white-blonde hair about his face.

"And home... who knows what that is anymore with this war. And sins? We've all got them... I just..."
He grit his teeth.
"I... I don't even know if I'd want to go back to see her now. I... I'm fighting on the side that opposes everything she is and I..."
And he felt his blue eyes prickle with tears as he grit his teeth again, hoping to suppress his sadness.

SilmeriaElemred

''Then drop what you are fighting for right now and fight for her. Your homeland. Are Connlaothians not descendants from Serenian folk? Fae folk? Its casting down your own heritage. You love her dont you? Also. Did it cross your mind that punishing mages is horrible? Everyone is born the way they are. There are people with magic, there are people without magic. What is important is the choices you make with the powers you have. One person can be a giant rock dropped in a river changing it's course. But nobody has ever achieved anything by being both fearful and doing nothing because they could not decide. Screw the empire. What have they ever done for you.'' she spoke boldly. Perhaps a bit to much. ''If you are not going to find a way to set her free then I might attempt doing it on my own. Mordecai or not. My dragon tooth blades will cut through their thickest armor if they put on a fight.'' she paused. Realising she might have gone to far again.

''What does your heart tell you Killian. If you work for the empire. Fight for them. Then you should turn me in. Or would you rather fight for who or what you love. Reclaim the home they took from you.''

visualspice

It was a powerful notion indeed, in which planted a seed that swelled within his breast until the point he was shaking. But even from her passion came resistance from within before he turned to her with a mighty shake of his head.
"No.. I.. I could not do that. To storm the castle? And what? Do so all alone? Even with some help, I'd need an army- and I am no Captain, no General. Just a soldier. And I fear if I were to even consider that... if word got back..."

Gods- what would the Grand Duke do to her? Would he kill her? Have her hung like any other mage that he deemed worthless? And why did he have to choose her out of all of the mages in this war? Why bring her into his palace? The very idea of what could be happening made him sick as he grit his teeth and tried to subdue it, but that only helped to heighten the sensation of illness even more.

SilmeriaElemred

''I've been a general for a while but we indeed would need an army... although I managed to take each and every man of that army down on my own...'' Silmeria pondered.

''The old fashioned way of going to the castle and you requesting to see her could at the least give enough information don't you think? If not we could also make someone tell you. Surely higher ranked guards have a home to go to and know where your beloved is. Or at least heard something.

''As ambitious I might be... it will however still be your choice. In the worst case they are using her or she is dead. But if she is alive... I am sure she is waiting for you. But I tell you this from experience. It is best to have an answer then no answer and all and having to keep guessing.''

visualspice

Killian digested all of this in with his blue eyes cast down to the snow.
"Then perhaps I should head towards the castle... To at least inform them all of the fall of Fort Dhagh... " And maybe find any news... Any news at all about Solita. It was the safest route, and was also his duty. Both to her.. and his country.

SilmeriaElemred

''Then we will head towards the castle.'' Silmeria spoke calmly.''Just make sure to let me know when you feel fatigued. If the healing tonic I gave you worked though the wound should be fully healed by now with no sign of infection. And when needed I shall be your blade. Just well. Remember our promise. How many days of travel do you think it will take?''

visualspice

At her comment, he shook his head.
"In weather like this, it could be months." He grimaced at the idea. "But either way, we have little choice. Staying here will most certainly secure death."

SilmeriaElemred

''As long as I can provide warmth for us both at least we will not freeze to death. But if possible crossing a town wont be bad. Provisions are needed too. But if I find game I could take it down too. I should still have enough for a few days and I can carry you from time to time too. You are not heavy.''

She nudged to the direction of their destination and started to take secure steps towards it. For someone not from around here she did knew her ways. Despite the cold, it was noticed when she stood still somewhere for a longer period of time that the snow around them would melt. Also around Killian if he paid attention to it it was not as cold as he might expect.

visualspice

Killian was still in a daze over all that had happened. But as they began to move, he noticed he could see the ground where they had been sitting, and it was deprived of some snow. Peering over at Silmeria, he followed after and asked, "How does your magic work?"

SilmeriaElemred

''My magic mainly is fire and heat. I have a very intimate bond with it. I can create and manipulate fire with movements of my arms and hands. Also if it comes from a different source like a dragon. In theory you can say that I am fire too. I could engulf you in flame and you will feel nothing. Or just as if a warm breeze caresses your skin.'' she said and looked at him over her shoulder. ''However this also means that I carry the same weaknesses as fire does. Meaning I can not travel in rain.'' she had not told  the whole truth but Killian did not need to know she could use her magic without moving her arms and hands. If Killian decided to remain working for the enemy though he had to turn her in as well. A fight she would not take him easy on if he would.

visualspice

Killian took a moment to digest all of this before giving a slow nod.
"I see. I have barely any real experience with mages, except for those I fought. And well, Solita. Solita's magic is rather different. You see... she's a healer, and that's why the Grand Duke took an interest in her."

SilmeriaElemred

''No matter where you are no matter the era. People always want healers.'' As long as they were obedient anyway.'' I am not really a mage... it's a bit complicated for me to say what I am. Mainly due to how people responded when they knew what I was. I have been feared, severly exploited... so it is most likely you will never see what I am. Would the situation arise however I hope you are not afraid at least.''

''I do hope it will not have to come to battle. As much experience I have with it.  I hate it. We just live in a world where its inevitable'' In her mind she recalled the various faces of those who saw her true form and feared it despite the amount of time she had spent with them prior. Some knew she was a phoenix but despite knowing so those fearfilled eyes that looked at her. Were just painfull.

''If you manage to find Solita. Do you intend to escape with her?''