Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Thanatos or Independent?

Started by Ethereal-Star, December 03, 2014, 01:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

I have a character I want to incorporate into the SotE setting, but not sure whether she would be Thanati or an Independent. I am really hoping for Thanati though.

The details about her.

Chandra is a human descended from three different gods and goddesses of the cosmos. She has NO fey blood in her whatsoever only human and divine blood. So Serendipity is out of the question. She is also a highly skilled (but not quite a master) of a fighting style called Prana Mastery. Her profession/occupation is a Prana Monk Warrior. This fighting style combines with it the art of prana, or chi-based attacks to be more specific, combined with mundane fighting techniques, both offensive and defensive. While she does use some weapons, she mainly fights unarmed. She does not use a sword.

Another thing about Chandra is that she has a minor ability associated with her divine lineage that is unique to those in her family who are descended from a celestial line. As a result of her goddess ancestry, she does share some physical attributes in terms of her skin color and hair color, plus a slightly longer lifespan.

In other words, this is a really detailed and descriptive character that I have and would love to play here as well, just don't exactly know where to put her.

Some of her background involves a near-death incident with a necromancer opponent by which she was found and saved in time by the local healers. That is a very important part of her history. She bears a huge scar on her face because of this trauma. So with all that info now I was thinking Thanatos would be the most likely choice of residence and ethnicity, but there are still some details I am unsure about and need clarification on. Connloath is also out of the question because of their strict gender roles about women not being allowed to fight. Unless they are Mordecai or can somehow disguise themselves as a man. Chandra is and does neither of these. It would be well-known for others to know her occupation. So again, Thanatos? The most likely status she could/would have there is a Khan, but I don't know if you the admins allow people to make up their own fighting styles/techniques/etc. for this island nation.

From reading the article, I've deduced that women's roles there are reversed, and that women are looked favorably upon as warriors. That would work I think. The other thing is that since Thanatos does not have healers per se but rather flesh sculptors I suppose that could suffice for healers to have saved her life at the time of her accident. Her father is also a leader of sorts there and he is the parent from which my character got her divine blood from. He however would only be an NPC though.

So a recap on the questions is:
1. Do Thanati have divine blooded people amidst their society and ranks?
2. Would Chandra best fit as a Khan?
3. Is her fighting style acceptable for Thanatos? Maybe one of the other smaller islands there?
4. Would flesh sculptors be considered healers under certain circumstances or are they mainly for cosmetic purposes?
5. What would I need to work into her profile if all the above is okay? Regarding training, background and the like?

If none of this works I suppose I will just have to make her an Independent. Thoughts and ideas please?

Rhindeer

1. Do Thanati have divine blooded people amidst their society and ranks?

Don't see why it couldn't happen! I think potentially anyone from any nation could have that sort of blood. After all, celestial beings probably don't listen very well to the rules of mere mortals. ;D Who's to say none visited Thanatos, or that none originated there? And Thanati are very spiritual, so hey! Don't see why you can't work that into her character. ^^

2. Would Chandra best fit as a Khan?

Sure! 8D It's a veeery high-ranked military position, so if you feel she'd be a high-ranked military character, go for it!

3. Is her fighting style acceptable for Thanatos? Maybe one of the other smaller islands there?

Sure! 8D Thanatos is an island, but it's big, so there's bound to be a lot of diversity and different schools of fighting, just like anywhere else. I see no reason Thanati couldn't have diversity in their martial arts!

4. Would flesh sculptors be considered healers under certain circumstances or are they mainly for cosmetic purposes?

They definitely use their abilities to heal! 8D It all depends on the individual flesh sculptor, of course, but some do use it to heal.

5. What would I need to work into her profile if all the above is okay? Regarding training, background and the like?

If she's a Khan, she'd probably be at least in her 30s and she likely would have started at the bottom and worked her way up through the ranks through hard work and dedication. Of course, it's also possible her family was wealthy and bought her the rank, too. xD It's also possible she made Khan earlier because she was a prodigy! Basically, this is up to you and how she works as a character.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Ethereal-Star

@Rhi-Rhi Thanks so much for the response, but I still have a question or two I forgot to ask.

As she is a martial arts fighter, she doesn't use weapons that much and if she does it isn't swords or anything but something akin to a fighting stick or quarterstaff and throwing stars called shurikens. She is mostly an unarmed fighter type.

And she is not exactly a master of the art either but still very high up in rank. Would this still work?

She is in her early 30's, between 31-33. I am purposefully choosing not to get specific on her exact age. So the age part is good.

Rhindeer

Those would both work. ^^ She doesn't have to be a master, but she should be proficient and competent in her skills! And vagueness with her age is also totally cool!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Ethereal-Star

Ethereal-Star

Now need to decide which Thanati island to put her on... I want to do one of the other ones besides the main one as I have yet another character I am going to put on Kunata. So Chandra is going to be elsewhere in Thanatos. Can't remember the names of them off-hand but easy to fix!