Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Restwood Inn

Started by Klezmer Gryphon, December 05, 2014, 10:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klezmer Gryphon

The Restwood Inn

The Restwood Inn is a small inn located in the village of La'Marri. Run by the lovely Liarri Delmoire, the inn has gained a reputation for being high class and homely, while keeping it's prices low to accommodate the weary travellers passing through town. For this reason, the inn has been the stop of choice for many journeyers who were tempted to take their business elsewhere.

The inn itself is rather simple in design: a solid stone foundation keeps the whole building planted, with the planked wood walls and thatch roof held up by thick timbres. Inside, one will find a central hearth, surrounded by four benches for guests. To the right, there is the front counter where one can order food, drink, and rent a room for the night. To the left, there are a couple of doors leading to the ground floor rooms (usually reserved for members of the Runner's Society), and a staircase up to the second floor, where one will find four rooms available for rent.

Now Hiring!
Recently, Liarri has had some trouble running the operation of the inn by herself, and is currently looking for some help in all areas. Cooking, finance, cleaning, and hosting, she's hiring for everything, although she's not interested in magic acts; if you can't do your job without magic, then apply elsewhere. Currently available positions are:

• Cook
  • Ale/Mead brewer (not absolutely necessary, but Liarri's always wanted her own in-house brewery)
  • Assistant Hosts/Hostesses (needs three (3))
  • Accountant
  • Bard
Notes
As people are hired into the staff, I'll cross off each position as it's filled, and once all positions are filled, I'll replace the Now Hiring section with a tabled Staff section.

Looshi

I just want to pop in and say I love this idea. And am sorely tempted to make a character for this.

Klezmer Gryphon

Thanks man, glad you like it! I hope you give into that temptation of character making! :D

Ethereal-Star

I'd also like to chime in here and say this is a great idea! Now an idea for a cook or something is rolling around in my brain....

I need to think on it.

Alegretto

I think I'll try to get in on this

Ahnnie

Ooh, ooh, I think I'm gonna make a bard for this XD!

When I do, I guess I'll post here with his/her profile?

Ethereal-Star

I think just posting a link to the profile will be sufficient. At least, that's what I'm gonna do when I actually do come up with something (a cook that is.) Taco soup anyone? Would medieval times even HAVE taco soup?  ??? *Ahem* Dunno, just an idea. Creamy potato soup, what about that? Sourdough bread?? Okay I'd better stop talking food now.  ;D

And my cook character would be a magic-free cook by the way.  :)

Ahnnie

Technically there were no potatoes in medieval times, but I think there are in SotE, right?

Ethereal-Star

Good question. I'd like to know the answer to that as well.

Klezmer Gryphon

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Unlike other guilds I've done in the past, if you post a character here, they don't automatically get the job. I'll put up an IC thread (or multiple threads) for the actual hiring process here in the next week or so to get this thing rolling.

Looshi

Sounds excellent. I have a character that would be good for helping with hosting! He's a goblin, and  reliable. May take me a little bit to get a character profile up, or I just may bring up the very basics and let myself reveal things about the character IC. x3

Alegretto

I already owe a few things and I'm slow right now so I dunno when I can apply for this, but I definitely plan on getting something up hopefully in the next couple weeks. Oh, and have you considered bumping the Red Oak Comedy and Music Co. thread? There might be some more interest in it now that we've got lots of new people.

Klezmer Gryphon

@Alegretto

I'll certainly consider bumping that. I kind of put that on backburner due to school, but I think it'll be fun once it picks up.

Ethereal-Star

In answer to the potatoes question, yes they do have potatoes in SotE as Thanatos has them. Don't remember if they grow them there themselves or if they are imported there from another kingdom. But they exist. So, perhaps creamy potato soup? And other stuff too. I have yet to start on my cook character I hope I can get around to that in no more than a week's time but don't quote me on that.

Ethereal-Star

@Klezmer Gryphon

How about Chestnut be a door greeter? He is a unicorn that loves to tell jokes and make people feel comfortable. He'll be on his most noble behavior and prank-pulling will be minimal. He is a very kind-hearted if not somewhat silly character.

Klezmer Gryphon

@Ethereal-Star
Well, door greeter isn't necessarily a position, but I think that would fall under the host's/hostess's responsibility. So, if he can keep pranking to an absolute minimum, he might have a shot... Assuming he can do whatever else is asked if him.

And, also, to everyone else, I apologise for not having that thread up as quickly as I said I would. School was the primary factor in that, and so was looking for a job (finally found one, HALLELUJAH!), but since I'm on vacation and haven't started my new job yet, I should have that thread up pretty soon. (And, yes, you guys have permission to bug me about it XD)

Ethereal-Star

@Klezmer Gryphon
What else exactly would a host be required to do? Somehow I can't see Chestnut cleaning the facility with a broom and pan. :D If cleaning is involved, maybe then just a door greeter position then if that's allowed? As Chestnut doesn't have fingers he wouldn't be able to do anything that requires fingers such as broom cleaning and keeping guest records. Perhaps filing but not actual writing?

Congrats on finding a job and no worries, I have been a bit slow on my end here too. The thread will be up when it's up, take your time.

Klezmer Gryphon

Ok, guys, sorry about the long wait for that thread. I'm pretty close to finding a new job and once that's squared away, the thread WILL be coming. Also bumping this thread so that people know it's here. Happy writing! :)

Klezmer Gryphon

@Ethereal-Star @Looshi @Alegretto @Ahnnie

ATTENTION:

After a long while of keeping y'all waiting for a thread....

IT IS HERE!

Ethereal-Star

Guess I'd better hurry up with my cook character profile. His name is Cain Moore. As in Cain Cook Moore. Or something.... ;D

I'll let you know when it's up.