Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Horse Whisperer! [Vyraena]

Started by Rhindeer, December 21, 2014, 12:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"You're in no position to make demands here," Jayari answered calmly. "Make your case."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Vyraena

Liadrin's eyes glowed with red fire for a second, and the arrow Jayari was holding suddenly burst into flames and turned to ash. "Much better." Liadrin said with a kind smile. "Anyway, I can't offer anything if I don't know what kind of things you want. You're going to have to be a little more specific."

Rhindeer

Jayari yelped in surprise and nearly dropped her bow, too, as her arrow burst into flame and burned the fingers holding it. It surprised Zala, as well, who let out a whinny and danced nervously, nostrils flaring.

And it certainly did not impress Jayari.

"You've made your case, I see," she said, eyes narrowed. "Passage is not granted, so you're going to turn around and leave the way you came."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Vyraena

"I guess you don't quite understand." Liadrin said, keeping a kind tone in her voice. Flames began to dance in the air around her. "I'm not requesting permission. I have said before, I can pass through just fine on my own, have I not?"

Rhindeer

If Jayari was nervous about those flames, she didn't show it.

"This is Banyur territory," she said. "It's not a matter of capability. It is, actually, a matter of permission."

Vyraena

Liadrin sighed, then laughed a little. The girl didn't seem to get her point. Also, being a noble high elf, Liadrin saw humans as an inferior race. She wouldn't be taking orders from one. "Are you telling me you still wish to stand in my way, human?" She said with a hint of irritation, spitting out the last word with disgust.

Rhindeer

"No," Jayari said, smiling as she felt a subtle vibration in the earth, that was only growing stronger. "I'm suggesting you rethink your position, and adjust your attitude."

Vyraena

Liadrin began to feel the ground rumbling as it got more intense, and sure enough soon started to hear people and horses approaching. Liadrin didn't particularly hate humans, she just saw them as inferior. It wasn't as if she wanted to cause problems with them, but for some reason this brought a wicked smile to her face. "Ah, so that's how it's going to be, then?"

Rhindeer

The small group of Duhjari riding up had been attracted to the fire, as well--and had also been alerted to the incident by the men that had originally found the woman. They were among the group the rode up behind Jayari, each and every one of them armed as they sat their strong, sturdy plains horses.

And each and every one of them, Jayari knew, was a seasoned fighter.

Jayari held out a hand to signal them to wait as she once again turned her attention to the woman. "This doesn't have to end in a confrontation," she said calmly. "It never did."

Vyraena

"Then what do you want?" Liadrin asked. "I'm not intimidated by your numbers, by the way. I won't take demands from a human, but I will listen to your request, so long as you ask nicely."

Rhindeer

Jayari frowned at the woman, giving her a level look. "I know your grasp of our language is shaky, but I believe we've already been over this. Several times, in fact. Do I need to try a different dialect, or is this one sufficient?"

Vyraena

"And I've already told you, you need to be more specific." Liadrin said with a grin. "I don't offer my services unless I know what I'm getting into."

As she talked, the flames dancing around her got hotter and brighter.

Rhindeer

Jayari looked at the woman, her eyes narrowed, and then glanced at the flames dancing around her. She had given her a chance--multiple chances, far more than she should have--but it was clear the woman was either willfully ignorant, or just a troublemaker. Either way, she'd spent more time on her than she would have liked, and was officially done with her.

With a sideways glance at her closest men, she signaled them with her hand, and immediately the small horde around her drew their weapons and closed in on the woman. There were mages among them, too, and a few of them began to summon their enchantments as they drew closer.

They wouldn't hurt her--unless she resisted.

Vyraena

"It's funny how humans think they are equal with the other races. Magic flows through our bodies. Your mages believe themselves to be masters of magic, but they could never hope to accomplish what a high elf can." Liadrin said with a grin. "Your warriors believe themselves to be able to compete with mages, but metal only gets altered and deformed in fire."

A flame set the grass behind Liadrin on fire, though she retained control over her magic. Only that which she wanted to set aflame would catch fire. "Fire is a dangerous magic. It's wild, hard to control. Sometimes the consequences of playing with fire can be... extreme."

Rhindeer

If any of them heard the woman, they didn't show it, because it was while she was still talking that several of the warriors rushed her from the front and the sides while Jayari slipped around and behind her, between she and the burning grass.

Vyraena

Liadrin took her staff in her right hand when the warriors began to charge her and created a ring of fire swirling around her, which then began to expand outward so that it would burn the ground and anyone it touched.

Rhindeer

The warriors fell back, horses whinnying and dancing back from the flames--

And Jayari, who had used the distraction to slip behind the woman and dismount, laid her hunting knife against the side of the woman's neck. "You'll want to stop doing that," she growled into her ear, their bodies pressed flush together.

Vyraena

"Do you not find the fire beautiful?" Liadrin said as she let the flames die down so that they were barely burning anymore, but not quite completely out. Her eyes burned with both magic and anger as she glanced down to the knife. "The fires may have gone down, but the only thing controlling them is me. If you don't want them to burn out of control, I recommend keeping me in a conscious state."