Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Blood and Ashes [Spicy!]

Started by Rhindeer, December 28, 2014, 09:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

In one final act of defiance, Jayari turned with the masked man--

And heard the tree crack and roll, heard the cries of the men as many met their deaths, right before the Adelans closed in on them. And though Jayari knew it was impossible, knew they were outnumbered, she told herself she wouldn't be taken without taking one with her. And so she drew her hunting blade and fought as they came for her, punching, kicking, and slashing, but there were too many and they wore heavy armor besides. A gauntlet-clad hand struck her in the jaw, making her see stars, and then pain exploded in her head--

Then there was nothing.

Not for a long while, at least.

When Jayari cracked her eyes open, it was dark, and the air around her stank of sweat and blood, and something sharp was poking against her cheek and through her clothes. It took her a moment to realize it was rotting hay, and that she was laying in a pile of it, and when she groaned and tried to move, she found her arms were tied behind her back, coarse rope chafing away at her flesh. Her vision swam, her head throbbing in pain, matching the rhythm of her heartbeat, and her jaw and mouth hurt, too. Faintly, she tasted blood, and she licked her dry lips to find flecks of it dried on her skin.

...Oh fuck.

Disoriented though she was, she still knew what this meant, could still faintly remember the moments that happened just before everything went dark.

She was a captive.

A chord of panic struck her, for she'd been captured once before, by a rival tribe, and oh fuck this was not a thing that was happening again! But she remembered this time was different--it was the Adelans--and...

Maybe this time she wasn't alone.

Biting back against the pain, Jayari started to look around, and then, using her legs, managed to roll herself over--

To come nearly nose to nose with the masked Duhjari.

She sucked in a breath of surprise, and then let it out slowly. Thank the spirits...

"Hey." She slid a leg forward and nudged at his leg with her boot. "You alive?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

The man groaned as he began to awaken, some of the paint having been marred from their scuffle with the guards, but other wise intact. His one eye was lumpy, his cheek, too- in fact, he was lumpy all ove rhis head. I twas evident the Adelan's spared no expense in beating the living daylights out of him. But when Jayari gave him a kick, the man grunted awake before choking and coughing out blood.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

Jayari made a face, because some of the blood splattered onto her face.

But she'd been covered in worse things in her life, so she rubbed her face unsuccessfully on the straw before nudging him again. "Dear gods, man. Are you...going to live?"

Because that answered the question of whether or not he was alive. But...damn. He looked like shit.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

With his throat too hoarse to moan, and just enough strength to lift his head (for the rest of him was bound anyway!), he blinked as he looked her over.
"How much did I have to drink?" he found himself asked, before his strength was zapped and he let his cheek drop back to the hay and dirt.

Though contact with the ground sobered him as he grunted in pain. ANd fo ra moment, just held his eyes shut.

Yeah... pretty much every inch of him hurt.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

"Nothing," Jayari said flatly, sighing through her nose. "You're not hungover, I'm afraid. But you did have the shit beat out of you. And not because of a drunken brawl."

visualspice

At that, he managed a laugh.
"Well, at least after getting the shit beat out of me, they allowed me to share my cell with such amicable company."
Though as he studied her, he found himself frowning.
"Hey... looks like they didn't rough you up too badly." ANd he groaned. "Even talking hurts- I feel as if I have one too many black eyes- and not even ones on my eyes!"

Rhindeer

"Well, if they punched you in the dick, too, I guess that could count as an eye..." Jayari said, looking seriously contemplative about that. "Or hm. They did beat you enough you look a bit like a potato, and potatoes have a lot of eyes."

visualspice

And at that he laughed so much he groaned in pain and rolled over so he was on his back.
"Gods.. I think they even punched my insides."

Rhindeer

"Probably," Jayari said, licking more blood from her lip. "Like, you look legitimately terrible. Not even like a potato. You're more like a mashed potato with the skins still on."

visualspice

At that, he laughed again.
"I never knew another Duhjari acquainted with the mashed potatoes."

Rhindeer

Jayari laughed. "A traveler came through my tribe's lands once, and tried to run when they saw us, and lost half their load as they went. Apparently, that's what the vegetable they were carrying was called. You look like what those potatoes looked like when our horses ran them over. Lumpy and bruised."

At least he was well enough to laugh, though! That probably meant he wouldn't be dying...anytime soon. With a small groan, she stretched out a little, and winced as she felt the bruises on her ribs.

"Ugh. Alright. While this teasing is fun, we really need to get the fuck out of here. We're alive now, but I don't think they mean to keep us that way. Not after what we did."

visualspice

"Yeah, they'll probably want to execute us in public. By hanging, most likely. Or.. by throwing rocks. Lots of rocks."

Rhindeer

Jayari bit her lip to keep from laughing. If she could have pinched his cheek, she would have.

"Yes. Rocks. Lots of rocks. All the rocks," she said with a tired smile and a slow nod that she regretted, for the way her head swam. "Very good. Now, do you think you can roll and turn your back to me? I want to get a look at those knots."

visualspice

"Eh?" Struggling against the rough rope, he gave a sigh. "Right ... those knots." And turning around with a few grunts, he went on with his best foreign gentlemen impression, "There you go... my lady."

Rhindeer

Jayari snorted at his impression, and wriggled closer to him, wincing as it jarred her own injuries.

"Thank you, good sir," she said, happy that he was in a joking mood despite all this, because it was levity that kept her from not panicking. Curling against him until she was practically spooning him, she squinted against the poor light to examine the knots.

"I could probably pick these," she murmured, and rolled over so that her back was to his. Wriggling a little to scoot up until her hands brushed his, she grunted and found the knots, and started trying to loosen them without looking at them.

"Just hold still. And while you're at it, tell me your name. I'd like to know the name of my partner in crime and potential partner in death."

visualspice

Perhaps if the situation were different, he might appreciation getting good and close to Jayari, but as it were, they were in a rather complicated pickle. But her inquiry of his name perked him up as he tried to peer back at her.

"Katoma- last from the tribe of the Red Fox." And then he paused to add with a cheeky grin, "Or if you're an Adelan, you'd probably know me as your enemy, and under the name The Masked Tribesman." He laughed, "So original, right? They see some paint on my face and immediately felt the need to be quirky with giving me some sort of title."

But even as he seemed to complain, he was also rather fond of gaining such a reputation. The Adelans destroyed his people, after all.

Rhindeer

"...The Red Fox tribe?" Jayari repeated, and froze, her hands on his knots.

She twisted a little so she could look at him from over her shoulder, her voice taking on a different, sadder tone. "The one that...the one the Adelans...?"

Who hadn't heard that story? It had swept through her own tribe like wildfire, and was sung to children as a cautionary tale.

visualspice

Katoma sensed her tension, which could mean only one thing. And her comment confirmed it.
He simply nodded in response.
"Yeah, that one." And he gave a soft chuckle. "Bet they wished they killed us all. They see me as a damn cockroach, but eh, I think I'm worse. I give them hell where I can."
And at this, he paused and tried to look at her.
"Er.. sorry about that, by the way. I.. guess this predicament is kinda my fault."

Rhindeer

"Don't worry about it," Jayari said with a crooked smile that stretched and reopened the cut in her lip. She winced, and licked at the fresh blood that beaded there. "It was bad timing all around. At least we took out some of them. Heh, at least we're getting an adventure out of this. You have to admit, if this is how we go out, it's not a bad way to go."

And she started to work on the knots again, the braveness of her words at odds with the fear clutching at her throat and pounding in her ears. She did not want to die here. Not today.

"Not that I'm in a rush to go anywhere but out of this damned place!" she said with a snort. "Has this ever happened to you before?"

visualspice

Katoma just remained still as he let her work at the knots, and simply replied, "Yes?"