Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Blood and Ashes [Spicy!]

Started by Rhindeer, December 28, 2014, 09:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"You've been captured before? By the Adelans?" Jayari asked, eyebrows rising, though he couldn't see it.

He sounded so nonchalant!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

"Yeah, but I normally have some creative way to get out. I'm surprised they even bothered to capture me this time. They could have just beheaded us on the spot!"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

"Whiiiich if they kept us alive, must mean they have something else in store for us," Jayari said, and gritted her teeth as she worked the knot harder--before, with a sigh of relief, she felt it start to loosen.

She could do this! They were one step closer!

"I'm not really keen to find out what that is. How'd you escape the last...this time? You've done this multiple times?!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

"Well, each time was different," he assured her. "And come to think of it.. hrmm.. we're probably only alive for now. I've seen what some of these Adelans can do. If you piss them off enough, they tend to like to draw these things out. You know, slow and excruciatingly painful sorta death. Oh.. And it'll probably be public. The Adelans are pretty gung ho about any forms of violence, especially at the behest against their enemy."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

"Fabulous! So we'll be publicly eviscerated. I mean, I guess that's better than being privately eviscerated...go out with style, make it a big show...AH! THERE!"

The knot came undone then, and Jayari pulled the ropes free. "Gotcha! Okay, now hurry up and do me!" she said, rolling over.

"Do you, eh?" a rough voice said with a chuckle in Adelan, and Jayari felt ice slide down her spine. Not because she understood a lick of what was being said, but because she knew it meant they were caught. And sure enough, there came the sound of heavy boots, before a grizzled, scarred face appeared at the bars.

"Always knew you Duhjari were a kinky bunch."

visualspice

Not that 'the masked tribesman' was thinking of the kinky consequences of what his captive partner had said, the hairs on the back of his own neck stood on end as he froze in place, even after his bindings were free. By quick deduction, it was evident this Adelan spoke their language, and more or less knew what they were up to. But how much had he heard? Playing it low key, and pretending to still be tied up, seemed to be his best option at the time, and while Jayari was probably terrified of what this could mean, Katoma simply rolled over to the scary looking, grizzled man and gave him a big grin.

"Oh, you know us savages!" he spoke, first in Duhjari, then in Adelan, testing the waters here to see what sort of shit they might be in for now. "We do it in the dirt, the mud... like animals really..."

Yes, a good plan- just keep on talking while the hands behind him idly wriggled around, hoping to let Jayari know he wanted her close. She was still bound after all, and he wasn't about to let her deal with this new situation completely bond when she had taken the time already to free him.

Rhindeer

Jayari caught Katoma's hint, and she wriggled nearer to put their hands close together, while pretending she was merely cowering back against him in fear of the soldier. Which wasn't entirely inaccurate! She was afraid, and she wasn't ashamed that she was afraid. Fear was healthy; it was what kept you alive, it was what kept you from doing stupid things.

She had no idea what Katoma was saying once he switched to Adelan, but it seemed the soldier understood him just fine. Because with a smirk at them both, he let his hand come to rest atop the pommel of his sword, fingers sliding over the polished surface.

"You think I'm stupid, don't you?" And that had Jayari's heart freezing, her body going rigid as her fear took on a new sharpness.

Because he spoke the words in perfectly accented Duhjari.

He knew.

"Move apart now," he said, voice harder now.  "I know what you're doing."

visualspice

Katoma feigned embarrassment.
"You know? But if you do, shouldn't you feel ashamed?" He even gave a pretty batting of his lashes, which only made the man at the bars sneer. But it seemed Katoma just kept going on with his act, and soon the man was pissed.

"I said get away from your savage princess, Masked Tribesman! I ain't no fool. You think I'm here outta luxury? You're lucky you haven't hanged already! But the Adelan's want blood. So hangin' is too good a death for you. They want to cut off that head of yours and put it on a pike for all the other savages to see! Now keep that yap of yours shut as well! You grate me enough your death will be here and now!"

The distraction was enough for him to get the ropes started, loosened anyhow. And boy did these Adelans sure love to rub it in his face every time they promised him death! But really.. not one of these remarks was any more clever than the last ones he'd heard. And he simply gave a shrug at this point and scooted away from Jayari- who would feel the loosened rope easily. He just hoped she could keep playing along.

"You know, if I had a Adelan copper for each time one of you said such sweet swords to me..."

"I told you silence!" the man snarled, slamming his sheathed sword across the bars to make them rattle. Katoma was taken back, but part of the plan was to stoke the fires, and Adelans.. if there was one thing about them, it was that they clearly had fire in their bellies!

"But you also told me to get away from my savage princess.."

"Don't talk back to me, Tribesman! You might not have ever ran into me, but you owe my brother a left eye, and if you keep this up I aim on takin' that debt now!"

"But I can't help myself, us savages have such simple brains. And to ask of me to just leave my lover when she clearly needs comfort in this dismal cell..."

"That tears it!" The man was mad enough to eat his hat, which he now tore off his head and slammed onto the ground and grabbed a fistful of the keys hanging on a large ring at his side.
"You're losing that left eye, and your tongue!"

And it took only a few seconds for the man to fish out the cell key, insert it into the bars and-

BOOM!
The sudden energy of the swinging iron door had enough power it was like a canon going off, and the force sent the Adelan sailing and smashing into the stone wall of the prison hall. And Katoma stood there, simply posed and concentrated before lowering his hand and turning to face Jayari with a smirk.

"I think this is our cue to escape," he said, making quick work at the ropes remaining on his ankles and wrist, and he helped Jayari with her own and offered her a hand to help her to her feet.
"Now I'm going to need you to trust me, Jayari," he told her, eyes calculating the prison as he loosened the rope and chains that were around his throat. Tossing them to the floor, he gestured for her to follow him out of the cell.
"We need to move. Think light, like a cat. You can't hear them coming, but they move swift as the wind. That's what we're going to do to get outta here."

Rhindeer

Play along, Jayari did. As risky as it was, after a few startled moments, Jayari picked up on his intent: piss off the Adelan enough that he opened the cell! It was risky, and might not work, but she tested her own loose bonds and worked at them a little more so she could be ready to toss them off as soon as she needed her hands. All the while she prayed the brute would be too dumb and pissed to call for backup, and that he would open the cell--rather than try to stab them through the bars!

And just when she was poised to break free and lunge for the man when he entered--

BOOM!

Jayari just about jumped out of her skin, a small yelp escaping as her heart tried to burst from her chest, and for a moment she just sat there, stunned as the now unconscious guard. Only conscious. But Katoma was already moving, helping unbind her and acting oh so casual, like...

Well, duh. Like he had something to do with that!

Hauled to her feet, she quickly composed herself and drew in a deep breath. Questions later, action now! "Like a cat, got it," she said, thinking he was just being figurative, that it just meant she should move swift and quiet and nimble. "I can do that."

For hadn't she practiced that enough as a child in games of hide and seek, and then later when hunting game? Predatory animals were patient and stealthy and light on their feet. Prey was quiet, too, but they were not prey; they had to be the hunters here.

She followed him out of the cell, walking lightly on the balls of her feet like a hunter, but paused beside the downed guard and checked him quickly for weapons. His sword was obvious, but she found a hunting blade sheathed at his belt, and she grabbed that and left the sword. Too big.

And if all went well, they wouldn't need to fight, anyway.

visualspice

Katoma pulled Jayari along. They hadn't much time, and he wouldn't waste a single second. By the time they reached the end of the hall, he hesitated not to turn left, then right down another winding path that soon lead them up a series of stairs. Thankfully, they had met with no resistance, but he could hear the barking of Adelan soldiers at their heel.

By the time they made it to the top, they were at the upper tower of the fortress wall of the great Adelan fort that towered near the serha plains. It took only moments for Katoma to get his barrings, but that's only how long it took for the pair to get spotted. And soon arrows were being let loose and Katoma dragged Jayari along until they reached an opening on the side.

Turning to Jayari, he looked her dead in the eyes.

"Like a cat, think graceful...able to ascend anything in their way. Because Jayari, we're going to fly."

And before she'd have a chance to even register that, he grabbed onto her hand so tight and threw himself off the edge of the wall. But instead of falling, he was walking, legs moving briskly as he appeared to simply be bicycling his legs in a way that tapped into the unseen energies all around them-

And as true to his words before he took the jump...

The pair were doing it.

They were flying.

Rhindeer

She had to be dreaming.

This was a dream. This was a crazy, crazy dream. Jayari had those dreams often, dreams of flying. Who didn't? They were some of her favorite dreams and they always felt so delightfully real so that she woke up feeling like the wind was still rushing through her hair and her stomach was still lurching from the thrill and the height.

This, though?

This felt realer. And she'd been pretty certain up until this moment that this was all real; the pain felt real, the fear and adrenaline pumping through her veins, but...but people didn't fly!

Well played, dream self! You really had me going there! Haaa...

She stared down at the ground they soared over, clutching Katoma's hand in a death grip even as her face went ghost pale, but she didn't scream. She'd been taken too off guard to even cry out when he'd thrown them both off the edge, and her breath was still trapped in her throat until her lungs ached. Her legs moved on instinct, treading air like water--less gracefully than him and far more flaily!--because it was a weird feeling, being suspended in open space like that with no sense of balance.

"This is a dream," she said, eyes wide and voice breathless over the air rushing past them. "I'm dreaming. Ahahahaha. Damn. I'm lucid dreaming! Since I'm aware I'm dreaming! That's what it's called, right? Except you probably won't answer 'cause you're in my head!"

Arrows started to whir past them then, whipping past her hair, and she laughed. "Oh my gods!"

visualspice

And his only reply, despite the chaos of the moment of arrows and things flying at them in hopes to bring the pair down (or you know.. kill them!), was to give her a cheeky grin as his dark eyes sparkled. And he moved to pull her in a bit closer, because hey- why not?

"You can call it whatever you want, but this trick... It's what my tribe had been known for," he told her, needing to speak the words near her ear in order for her to hear over the furious roar of the army, and the wind rushing all around them.

Still moving his legs as if walking on air,t hey began to descend a good distance away, and just before they landed, he pulled her in even closer and helped guide her into a seemingly graceful landing in the sandy grass.

But while she might still be stunned, he glanced over his shoulder to see what the army was up to- and they wasted no time in their pursuit. He took her hand and gave it a tug, running full speed into a thick grove of trees.

"So.. how fast can you run? Because now its time we rely on our feet and the ground."

Rhindeer

Was this real? Was this actually real? Holy shit. And as her feet finally touched down again, that just confirmed it, because this felt too real to be a dream. In what dream did she ever actually sweat from nerves? In what dream was she aware of a slight discomfort in her bladder, because it had been a while since she'd last gone? Those were little details dreams just usually didn't include!

And she was still reeling by what had just happened, something that was utterly and completely possible but that Katoma had just done, when she felt herself pulled into a run.

Her mind might be stunned, but her body knew what to do, and she fell into a swift run that somehow felt even swifter.

"Fast," she panted, keeping pace with him. "I've always been fast, but--how?! You call that a TRICK? WE FLEW!"

visualspice

Katoma smirked, and it was a broad one.
"Perhaps not many are familiar with my tribe's secrets, even other tribes that we had once shared these vast plains with, but don't worry, maybe if you're lucky, I can make a Red Fox out of you yet," he teased, looking at her from over his shoulder and giving her a wink.

Rhindeer

"You mean--wait! You mean you can teach people how to do that? Fly and shit?" Jayari panted out. "Ahahaha! No, really, I've got to be dreaming!"

visualspice

"Well, teaching might be difficult if my pupil doesn't think it can be done!"

Rhindeer

"So it's just...mind over matter?" Jayari panted as she ran, and spared a quick glance over her shoulder at their pursuers before looking back to Katoma. "Really? That's it?"

visualspice

He laughed.
"Not quite! It's more like seeing beyond the physical and spiritual and harvesting the connection."

Rhindeer

"Uh..." Yeah, Jayari didn't really understand a word he said there. Sure, she understood the words, but she didn't understand the mechanics! Harvesting the connection? Wha?

An arrow whizzed by her ear, and she decided that now was probably not the time to talk spirituality!

With a small yelp, she grabbed Katoma's elbow and tugged him aside to dodge another arrow. "Think you can use your spiritual connection stuff to like...spirit us away or something?"

visualspice

Katoma's eyes went wide as the arrows whisked past. But at such a statement from his companion, he simply grinned and took her by the hand. Dragging her along, he danced through the shadows of the valley trees and tall rocks- whatever he could find to give them some homeage from their enemy's eyes. When the arrows seemed to be sinking in the shadows behind them, he paused for a moment beneath an arched stone over pass and turned to her.

"If you want to fly again, looks like you're going to get your wish. It looks like the end of the line for us here!" But just as he said it, he caught a glimpse of his strange dragon bird mount and his eyes lit up. He gave a whistle, and soon his mount was over to them and before Jayari could squeak out a word, Katoma scooped her up and leaped onto his bird creature's back, and htough it seemed to caw in protest for a moment, Katoma just cried out to the thing, "RUN!"

And with a jerk, it did, it's head bobbing unimaginably fast before them as it's feet rushed across the sands as if they hardly made contact with the red sands. Turning his head around, he noticed the Adelan's halting their own attack as they went on to call the horsemen, and Katoma was laughing all the while as he howled out the yipping cry of the fox.

"Now that's how you outfox your enemy!" Katoma beamed as his eyes caught back to Jayari's. "Now just hold on tight. This bird can really fly!"
And the speed the creature could make was incredible, easily leaving a racing horse int he dust. Though Katoma knew his mount could go faster, what since it had the extra weight of Jayari now to pull, the creature was still magnificently fast and it appeared, for the moment, the army was eating their dust.