Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Mistaken Identity

Started by paganchick, January 02, 2015, 05:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paganchick

"Being no fun is what has kept me alive for over a thousand years little bird. I have someone close that is trying to assassinate me, which is a difficult feat, so they are both strong and confident, it is no time to lighten up little bird," Jasper said as he lead her from her from the room, holding the door open and waiting for her to exit.

Vyraena

Sinestra exited the room, turning back to talk before even looking around. "A thousand years? That's far too long for me. I wouldn't know what to do with myself."

paganchick

A wicked smiled crossed Jasper face, "Oh trust me, you get creative," He spoke before the smiled faded as he pointed to a set of stone steps ahead. They were clearly in a dungeon. It was pitch black, well would be for humans, no tortured or light. The air was moist and cool, they were surely under ground.

Vyraena

Sinestra assumed he was telling her to begin ascending the stairs, and so that's what she did. It would have been quite difficult if she didn't have the level of sight in the darkness that she did, but for her it was easy. "So tell me, Jasper. Why would anyone want you dead? You're such pleasant company."

paganchick

"I know right?" He spoke before pausing for a good while.
"I was worse, when I was younger, before I settled down and was satisfied with being a king. Back when I wanted to be among the gods. I made many enemies. Most of them dead now, but not all. I also left a name, some people just want the challenge of taking me down so they can wear it as a title.  Whatever there motive, that does not concern me," Jasper finally spoke as they reached the top of the stairs. It was still dark, and it was clear they were still in the dungeon, now they the walls where lined with torches so human eyes could make there way along the passage ways.

Vyraena

"You've put a lot of care and thought into this dungeon, I see." Sinestra said, casually observing her surroundings.

paganchick

Jasper walked the maze like halls with total confidence. It was clear he knew the layout of the tunnels.
"I put a lot of thought into everything I do. Even kidnapping you was planned out to a tee.
It seems you have made some strong enemies for someone so young, you should be more careful," Jasper spoke as he led them to another flight of steps.

Vyraena

"Perhaps I seem young to someone who has lived over a thousand years, but I would say 213 is a good age." Sinestra said with a sigh. "But anyway, I don't think I gave made any enemies that intent on killing me. Perhaps it was merely someone who knew who I was and was trying to save themselves."

paganchick

"From a human's perspective that would be a pretty good age, but there lives are but mist in the wind, gone in moments," Jasper spoke as they turned down several more hallways, this level lit even better than the one below. before finally stopping at a door.
"I have never met someone who has spread malicious rumors about someone they felt passive towards. Especially rumors that, could very easily get them killed."

Vyraena

"You haven't spent much time around humans lately, have you?" Sinestra said. "Most are scum who would do anything to save themselves, even it means ruining someone else's life."

paganchick

"I don't have many human enemies, but either way, there was enough of that rumor and planted evidence that I kidnapped you," Jasper said as he pulled out a key and opened the door, which opened up to one last flight of steps before opening out to a beautiful rose garden.
"I would avoid getting stuck by any of the thorns here, if I were you, just a word of caution. Actually, you must be very careful here, you were probably more safe in your cage little bird, but I know it was not the most comfortable. If you feel strange at all, you must immediately find me, or you could very well die."

Vyraena

"Understood." Sinestra said. "So what I've gathered so far are your hobbies are torturing people, and growing deadly plants."

paganchick

"I have many, many hobbies. You become a man of many interest and nearly innumerable amount of talents once you get to be around my age," Jasper replied as he led Sinestra out of the gardens up to a pair of grand french doors. Two guards stood on either side, standing perfectly still almost as if made of stone.

Vyraena

"Oh, I'm sure." Sinestra said. "Unfortunately for me, there's not much I take an interest in other than archery."

paganchick

"You are still young, the older you get, the more interest you will gain," Jasper replied simply.
"When I was younger I was only interested in poisons, so I understand," He added after a moment.

Vyraena

Sinestra shrugged. "People tend to be more interested in things the are good at, for sure."

paganchick

"I think its a mixture of both natural adeptness to the skill as well as what you are interested in. One also becomes good at what they do a lot," Jasper replied as the guards opened the doors and he waited for the girl to walk through the opening.

Vyraena

Sinstra walked through the doors, still paying no mind to the scenery around them, but instead turning her head back to look at Jasper. "Occasionally. There are some things you can't be good at, no matter how much you try."

paganchick

Jasper followed in after her. The room was opulent. A large fire place, exquisite art and wood work. The room was large and it was clear no expense was spared. He motioned to two large arm chairs that sat in front of the fire place.
"Take a seat."

Vyraena

Sinestra took a seat in the chair on the left, crossing her legs once she was seated and leaning back slightly to get comfortable.