Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Winter in the Tundra [Open]

Started by Vyraena, January 05, 2015, 10:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vyraena

The man and his allies turned and ran. Now, the only matter was the two men who Winter had caused to rise. "What to do with you two..." Winter said.

Wicked Basket

Cryce examined the two men.

"What did you do to them," Cryce asked. "And why were they after you in the first place?"

Vyraena

"They're after me because they don't understand me, or my goals. People are afraid of what they can't understand." Winter said with a sigh. She motioned to the two men. "As for them... I can raise the dead."

Wicked Basket

"What are your goals," Gen asked waving a hand in front of one of the men's faces.

Vyraena

"At first, it was to die." Winter said with a sad smile. "But I soon learned that wasn't possible. Now, I've been gathering other undead beings who share my fate, and build a kingdom from the ground up."

Wicked Basket

"That's awfully ambitious," Cryce commented. "I don't imagine finding living dead things to be an easy task."

Vyraena

"They come to me. They answer my call." Winter said, holding out her blade. From the ground in front of them, a skeletal hand popped up, grabbing the ground to pull the rest of the body up. In a few minutes, a skeletal knight clad in full armor had pulled itself out of the ground and stood before them.

Wicked Basket

"I am only a cryomancer," Cryce said. "The snow and ice answer my call."

Vyraena

"In life, I used similar magic. I still do, really." Winter said. "The snow has become a part of me. It follows me everywhere."

Wicked Basket

"The cold and ice is all I have now," Cryce told her. "It's the one thing that wasn't taken from me."

Vyraena

"I've lost a lot as well." Winter said.

Wicked Basket

"I am on a search for those responsible," Cryce said. "I'm to find them. Then, I'm going to kill them all without mercy."

Vyraena

"Oh?" Winter said, curious now as to what happened to him. "What exactly happened to you?"

Wicked Basket

Cryce was silent for a moment as the memories came flooding back to him.

"They were killed," he said softly. "And I wasn't there to save them."

Vyraena

"Oh..."

Winter could tell it was a touchy subject, and wouldn't prompt him to explain more, but if he wanted to, she wouldn't stop him.

Wicked Basket

As he was assaulted by the memories of his murdered family, his fists began to clench and the wind and snow started become more and more fierce.

"They did nothing wrong," Cryce said his voice growing in volume. "They killed them for no reason. I will find them. I will find them and kill them all! They will pay for what they did!  I WILL HAVE VENGEANCE!"

By this point they were both standing in the middle of a blizzard as Cryce's rage flared. Cryce spun around and faced Winter, his eyes filled with unbridled fury.

"My family was innocent," Cryce shouted. "Those bastards will pay! It won't be swift either! I will make them suffer just as I have! Only when they're begging and pleading for death will I finally end their pathetic existence!"

Vyraena

Winter stood there, a blank expression on her face. "It won't change anything. No matter what you do, you won't bring your family back. But if that's what you feel like you need to do to bring yourself peace, then so be it."

Wicked Basket

"I know it won't bring them back," Cryce replied. "But they demand vengeance. Justice must be done, and I'm the only one to carry it out."

Vyraena

"How long ago was it?" Winter asked. "You know, since they were killed."

Wicked Basket

"5 years," Cryce told her. "My father, mother, brother, sister, and my.... my fiancé were massacred for no reason. I came home from work one day to find their heads mounted on poles in the back yard with no explanation as to why. Nothing had even been stolen from the house."