Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Winter in the Tundra [Open]

Started by Vyraena, January 05, 2015, 10:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vyraena

"No one can kill me. They try, they fail, and in the end..." Winter said, turning and pointing at the three undead beings who were now just barely visible. "They end up like me."

Wicked Basket

"That would be helpful," Cryce said thoughtfully. "If only I could find a way to not die until my family's killers were dead. If anything, I would then outlive them and know when they finally died."

Vyraena

"If you are to kill them, let me offer you this as advice." Winter said dryly. "Burn their bodies, so they may never rise again."

Wicked Basket

"I'm going to freeze them," Cryce said. "I will freeze them solid and then smash them to pieces, one limb at a time."

Vyraena

"I suppose that will work, as well." Winter said. She was still kneeling down and touching the snow. It calmed her.

She looked over at this man again."Tell me this. Do you have any idea who it was, or are you wandering, searching, with a hope that one day you'll find what you're looking for?"

Wicked Basket

"I've had many leads," he told her. "Some have brought me very close, but I have yet to find the culprits."

Hundelar

Vermithrax woke up in the tundra region, he slowly opened his golden eyes as he began to smell the air, nothing unusual. A cold day, small snow flakes falling from the sky, some of them melted before reaching any surface, the ground was covered by a thin white layer of snow, except the area beneath his dragon belly, where all the snow melted, he slowly got up and looked around but there was no one around.

"Maybe i should do that less often" He thought to himself, sleeping under the stars was a nice feeling, but spending so much time away from his treasure on the mountains bothered him, what if someone stole something from him? Well, in that case he would probably still catch the individual scent on his cave, and bringing death upon this person's life would become his personal mission.

Vermithrax looked around one more time and then he jumped, higher than you would expect from such a giant creature, he opened his bat-like wings midair and began to glide. He flapped his wings to gain some altitude, heading towards the mountains.

He kept flying for a while and then he felt something, he did not have the words to describe it but it was something like a chill, that was odd, cold did not bother him at all so what was that? He began to smell the air and look to the ground, that's when he spotted, two people, apparently human, he could not imagine any human causing that feeling on him so it was probably not them, but oh well, he could use a snack, perhaps he should pay them a little visit.

He partially folded his wings against his body as he dived towards those two, he would not simply kill them, he enjoyed having conversations with victims in potential. He shouted a thundering roar that echoed through the tundra as he kept getting closer and closer to the ground, he flapped his wings to decelerate and steady, masking a swift landing about 50 meters from them, a small distance considering the gigantic size of Vermithrax.

"Good morning, dont mind me, i was just passing by and could not help but wonder what could possibly bring such a lovely couple so far in the wild?" He said with a grim smile on his face, not that he was able to do that many expressions

ooc: Character sheet, in case you want to check ^^ http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=18119.0

Vyraena

Winter was about to ask Cryce another question, until she was interrupted by the sound of something massive approaching. Sure enough, something began to speak, and Winter turned her cold gaze upon the dragon. "A dragon? I must say I've only ever seen one dragon on this tundra, and he was more or less 'dead' when I found him."

Winter took a few steps towards the dragon before continuing the conversation. "I feel the need to point out that I have just met this man, and we are certainly not a couple. Moreover, it seems trivial that you would stop for such a purpose. What do you want with us, dragon?"

While Winter was being kind towards Cryce, this dragon had brought out the cold side of her personality, which was the normal side, honestly. She didn't know where this would lead, and she didn't really take a liking to anyone who wasn't undead. Cryce had been an exception, with him having a similar history to her, and her feeling at least some compassion towards him. However, now that Winter's personality changed back to normal, the snowfall began to turn into a blizzard, and the ground started to freeze over even more.

Wicked Basket

Cryce had no idea where a dragon had come from or why it was even there. What would a dragon be doing in Hyoite? A cold blooded reptile in freezing temperatures was just asking for death. Was this dragon different somehow? Winter was very straightforward with the beast, but since she couldn't die she didn't really have anything to fear. Cryce could die though, so he was ready to defend himself if need be.

Hundelar

The woman reaction was surprising indeed, she actually did not seem intimidated by him, actually she even dared approach him and talk back in a very rude way, he wasnt usually very patient towards rude people, but he was willing to let that pass.

"I am no ordinary dragon, you see, i am Vermithrax, and i've been arround this world for quite long you see, this tundra is a mere ice cube if compared to my greatness."

Then he began to walk arround the two of them, he liked to move in talks.

"And i feel you are being rather unkind to me, why cant a dragon stop and have a nice chat with some fine looking travelers, there is always much you can learn" He said in a completely polite and casual voice. He was lying of course, he would never stop simply to ask directions, but dragons were good with words and enjoyed playing mind games, he smelled the air again, the temperature was getting lower, it coincided with the woman change of mood, so she had some sort of ice based habilities? Certainly fits the place, she also had a different smell, she was no ordinary woman

"How about you then, would you be willing to tell me your name, if i asked for it?" He said now looking to the men, his eyes fixed on him, as he circled arround the two.

Wicked Basket

"What concern is my name to you," Cryce asked. "I've never heard of a dragon stopping for just a friendly chat. I know enough to know when I'm being toyed with."

Hundelar

He did not like being contested that way, but he did not feel like retaliating now.

"Arent you being kind of a hyocrit right now? you question my intentions because of my species, so you assume im here to cause you harm, but look at that woman." She looked at her for a second "She said you two just met, and even though she is nowhere near human, you two seemed to be having quite a nice chat, why is is different with me?" He asked still looking to the man, but focused on his sorroundings.

Wicked Basket

"She is human," Cryce replied. "Dead, but still human."

Vyraena

"If you were to die, you would still be a dragon, would you not?" Winter said. "It is no different with me."

Hundelar

"So thats all it takes for you, if its human its firend, if its not human, its enemy, its that how you think?" He said still looking straight to him

Wicked Basket

"Not in every case," Cryce replied. "It depends on the non-human. Dragons usually have a superiority complex and think that they are superior to everyone and everything else and thus bullies them around and kills them if they feel like."

Vyraena

"He has a point." Winter said coldly. "I have heard countless tales of dragons destroying towns, or slaughtering humans, but never once heard one of a dragon who just wanted to be someone's friend."

Hundelar

He was feeling annoyed by that conversation, he was not used to people talking back to him.
"You do know, that if i wanted you dead, you two would be nothing but a pile of ashes by now, doesnt you?" He said.

Vyraena

"Is that a threat, lizard?" Winter spat. "I don't like when people threaten me."

The intensity of the the blizzard increased once again.

Hundelar

His chest then began to visually glow in red from the fire being produced inside him his pupils dilated in anger and he shouted a massive roar at that woman, how dare she?

"Its simply a fact. You can also interpretate it as a warning, corpse." He said in a surprisingly calm yet threatening deep voice.