Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Reforging what was lost [Pandor]

Started by LamiaGirl, January 07, 2015, 06:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LamiaGirl

It was dusk now, the sun was just setting in the evening sky and many of the La'marri inhabitants were settling down for the evening. Few people were out now, some on their way to the tavern, maybe one or two on their way home, and Abigale on her way to the nearest weapon smith. She had hoped to avoid the crowds that often gathered to look at the amazing weaponry forged here during the day, in favor of catching the smith before he left so he might take on one last job for the evening. It was not a big job, she just needed to have a single blade repaired. It had been snapped in half during a recent scuffle and rather than replace it she preferred to have it repaired.

She pulled the grey hood of her cloak tighter around her hiding her face from view as she passed a small group of people. She could hear there hearty conversation come to an instant halt as they caught sight of her, or at least her tail. It seemed there was not a cloak in the world long enough to hide it from public view. Under the grey garment she wore a black kimono style dress with gold stitching. It had been a common dress for her as it did well to cover her intimate parts, providing a degree of modesty in public, as well as provide freedom of movement.

Upon arriving at the weapon smiths shop she tried the door and found it to still be open. This was a good sign. Quickly she opened the door and slipped inside. "Excuse my intrusion, But I have a job for the master smith."

Nexus

Pandor heard the door open, then quickly shut. He was in the back room fixing himself some tea. The building smelled of the pleasant aroma of chamomile. Weapons were hung upon the walls in the room. The weapon that was most likely to be noticed was a diamond gauntlet that sparkled beautifully in the fire light. There seemed to be no written prices on any of the items displayed.

"Excuse my intrusion, but I have a job for the Master Smith." A lovely sounding voice spoke from the other room. Pandor heard this clearly.

He took out an exquisite tea set that looked too small for him and set up the tray with much clinking of the delicate glass items. Knowing he was done for the day, he would at least show some courtesy to the would be customer.
Pandor shuffled into the room and was pleasantly surprised to see who his customer was. He had never seen a creature like her. A half human, half snake. He absentmindedly began to stare in curiosity. A moment later, he realized what he was doing and quickly refrained from looking at her in a curious manner.
Pandor placed the tea set down gently. "Forgive my curiosity." Pandor said sheepishly, knowing full well that he knew the exact feeling of being the odd one out.
"If you have business with me, I am truly sorry. I fear that I am a might weary at the moment.". Pandor sat in a large chair behind the main counter. "If you wish to stay in town, we could conduct business tomorrow." Pandor said. "I was about to sit down to a cup of tea." He motioned to the tea set. "Would you care to join me?"

LamiaGirl

Abigale bowed to the smith removing her hood as she did. "I am sorry to disturb you so late. I should have come sooner." She straightened up as he extended the offer of tea. It would be terribly rude on her part to refuse such a courteous offer. "I would thank you." She approached him and the tea set slowly and silently stopping just a few feet short of it. If they were to have tea here she would need to curl up her tail so as to be comfortable and not cause any tripping hazards. She took a second before doing so to look over the smith. She had heard many rumors about him. Some said he was a monster from the north, snow white and fearsome. Others had claimed him to be an animal with barely a hint of humanity. Regardless of the stories all had said that he was unparalleled in his craft.

Pandor was of course not like what the stories had portrayed him as. He was a polar bear. She hesitated a moment in her own thoughts. He... was a polar bear. She hadn't immediately noticed and now the fact was right there. But, he was not like a bear, he was sentient, he drank tea, and he was the Weapon Smith she was here to see. For a moment or two all Abigale could do was stare, she almost couldn't believe her eyes. But then if you cant believe what you see what can you believe. It was then that she realized she had lost herself in her gaze and was being rude. "Forgive me for staring" She said at once bowing her head and blushing. Perhaps this is why he had had asked for forgiveness as well. He may have been just as surprised to see her as she was to see him.

She wasted no more time and began to twist around on the spot, winding her tail neatly up around her like a thread on a spool, before settling down into the coils like a chair. "I must apologize again for my late arrival, I wanted to avoid the crowds."

Nexus

"I understand." Pandor replied at the fact he knew all too well about appearances. "And I do forgive you , for curiosity is not something to be ashamed of."
Pandor took the small cup and drained the hot liquid in one gulp. He sighed happily, as if truly content.
"Nothing like the warm fire of he forge and a nice cup of tea." Pandor said absentmindedly.
He snapped back into reality and remembered that he forgot to properly introduce himself.
"Where are my manners." Pandor said with a chuckle. "As you may already know, maybe by my reputation, I am Pandor Balruush." He paused for a moment. "You said something about work? I may not work on it tonight, but I would like to know about your offer."

LamiaGirl

Abigale smiled at him as she casually flicked her tongue. the forge was full of smells that appealed to her. The various oils used to temper blades, even the smell of cold steel and raw iron. There were other things here too, the smell of leather, fresh cut wood, ash and soot. It all intermingled creating an experience that was pleasing to her.

Pandor had been right about her knowing his reputation. That was why after all she was here. Of course she had not been expecting him to be a polar bear. This was not in itself a bad thing, just a surprise. Perhaps that's why some people called him a ferocious animal of a smith. "I have heard a great many things about you good sir. Your reputation preceded my visit." She said as she bowed her head slightly taking a sip of her own cup. It had been  a long time since she had sat down and had tea in a civilized manner.

"Oh yes... I need a blade repaired." A she spoke she produced a bundle of cloth about 2 feet long and wrapped delicately. "I know my blades are not unique, and by no means special, but I am a creature of habit and I feel a certain connection to it. Rather than get a new one, Id prefer if possible to have this one repaired." She unwrapped the bundle exposing a straight sword that had been snapped half way along the blade. It was a simple weapon, similar to a broad sword but thinner. It was sharpened on both sides of the blade, and perfectly straight.

Nexus

Pandor placed his tea cup down before he took the blade. He took the two pieces of the blade out of the cloth and put the cloth on the nearby counter top. He began examining the weapon carefully, turning it this way and that to get as best a look as he could. He then got up and walked towards his forge room to get a better look at the edges of the blade that were severed from each other. Pandor came back moments later.
"Are you sure you don't want me to craft you an exact copy of this blade? It would seem easier than repairing this one. It would only take me one day to make." Pandor said. None would doubt his words or his craft.