Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Black Powder Party [M]

Started by visualspice, January 10, 2015, 07:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Not being complacent indeed, for Khanna continued to prowl the party like a cat, and members of the gang nodded to him as he passed. It wasn't until he found himself on the opposing side of the room and passing by a mirror that he paused to adjust his hair, slicking back a hand through it and checking to make sure that in fact, no sparkles remained on his face.

But there was a few he saw in his eyebrows, and scowled as he moved to work to rub them off.

And elsewhere, Clint was anything but complacent. In fact, he had no idea how to handle Firefly and her 'friend' as his face grew redder and redder.
"A show? You really think these other Cats deserve all that?" But his voice was strained, wracked with nerves as he tried to remain cool as he scraped at any reason to get him out of that scenario and into something well...
more private! And more to his liking....
No that he'd admit it, but it would be his first time, after all!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

kleineklementine

“What, can’tya put on a show, Clint?” Firefly asked through a lewd grin.

“Think of it,” her friend added encouragingly, her expression similarly suggestive, “as more of a preview. We want to see whatcha got.”

Flitch, meanwhile, snorted softly into her beer when Crowe said he wouldn’t hesitate to knock a few drunk cats around. “Tch. Lookin’ for a fight, Crowe? Let’em have their fun, I say. They go overboard, they’ll get enough of a knock back into shape tomorrow when the hangover hits ‘em. Tomorrow’s the day fer not gettin’ complacent. No point in havin’ a party if yer not going to enjoy it. Bad for morale. Speakin’ of enjoying it, this,” she waved a hand at Clint and the girls, “is gettin’ painful. And boring.”

Instead of interceding to help Clint, though, Flitch gave Crowe a wink then cupped her hands around her mouth and called across the room, “C’mon, lad, show’em what ya got! Don’t leave the girls disappointed!”

That got everyone's attention. And all eyes were on Clint now.

visualspice

Everyone's eyes turned, and Clint was frozen in face. And to think he thought his face couldn't burn any hotter!  Khanna's eyes went to the child then to Flitch and her apparent partner in crime, Crowe. Her eyes narrowed at the two, but she did and said nothing.

And all Clint could think to reply was a sqeaked, "Hey! I ain't the public type! Gotta keep this place decent! We ain't Rats now are we?"
And he was so nervous, his heart was hammering away inside his ears when the bar tender finally got pissed off over the situation and snapped at the trio.

"Alright you three,  stop yer cat calling. Boy, get the hell away from my bar maids and Firefly, there are tables that need more liquor and a wipe down! Now don't make me ask twice!"

Khanna continued his silent observation and turned to see how Flitch and her beau would react Soon, Firefly went about her business, but not before rubbing it in to Clint. And he was left int he wake of the young ladies' cruel giggling. And soon she was back to work, and the crowd, back to drinking. As Firefly passed, Khanna's hand shot out and she spoke something to the girl, and her eyes went wide a moment before nodding, and returned with an entire bottle of brandy, which Khanna took, opened and began to sip on it by himself.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

kleineklementine

Flitched clucked her tongue in disappointment, pushing her bangs out of her eyes. "Shucks, I really wanted to see her clock 'im one. Ah well, always next time. An' with this one, we know there'll always be a 'next time.'"

Khanna's observation of the pair wasn't lost on Flitch, though, who was always looking over her shoulder. She glanced between Khanna and Crowe. She certainly didn't typically garner so much attention from the boss, and she doubted it was really her that Khanna was interested in now. She didn't comment on it, though, just made mental note.

Instead she called out to the poor, sulking Clint. "Oy, Clint. We gotta bet to settle."

Lion

Of course, the boss would be eying him.  Crowe wondered if Khanna had a particular problem with him; that much was clear from all the staring.  What worried him though was just what the boss planned to do about it.  Khanna if anything was direct, sometimes too direct.  But until then, Crowe preferred to just pretend he didn't notice the boss' attention.

Crowe stepped out from Flitch's side and pulled Clint in close.  "Look boy, you need to stop trying so hard.  Bet or no bet.  Real confidence doesn't come from chest puffing.  And clearly that doesn't garner that many results."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Clint's face wrinkled.
"Who the hell are you to critique my work?" Clint barked. "And things were going fine until her boss had to interrupt me! Figures! And I was so close!"

Khanna could have snorted, but instead, turned his back to the scene and downed more of the drink.

kleineklementine

"Sure kid, however 'close' you think you were, a bet's a bet. An' you need to pay up. Single malt. In the back all nice'n locked up."

Flitch looked at him expectantly then after half a moment made a shooing gesture. "Off to it, kiddo. Let's see if yer a better thief than you are a pickup artist."

visualspice

Clint shot her a dirty look, his lips surly. But a bet wasa bet.

"Alright, alright," and he turned away from her and rolled back his sleeves as he rubbed his chin. "Just gotta figure out where they keep those keys..."

Rhindeer

Nelly shot Tomcat a sly look and lifted her chin before signing, What's in it for me?
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Wicked Basket

"The time of your life, lass," Tom replied with a sly grin and a wink.

visualspice

Perhaps it was the drink, considering he was a light weight, but it was Khanna who acted next, and retrieved the bottle Clint needed before stuffing it into hid hand. And without so much as a word, he stalked off, leaving Clint to gape.

Rhindeer

Nelly rubbed her chin and pursed her lips, seeming to think long and hard about that one. Tomcat was cute, alright! Totally her type. But it was also just fun to play hard to get. Make them work for it, her mama had always said!

"Hmm!" she said, before signing to him, You have a lot to compete with, if YOU think YOU'RE up to it.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Wicked Basket

"I can accept that challenge with confidence," Tomcat replied with a grin. "I'm one of the best."

visualspice

It seemed Khanna was intruding in just about every affair that night. And why not? As their leader, he had the authority to keep his men in line. So when he found Tom Cat flirting with Nelly, he approached the pair like a panther might do to its prey. And quietly, he observed.

"The best of what? Not keeping your ship on task?"
Khanna was evidently mad about an earlier bit of cargo Tomcat had 'conveniently' lost. The claim that the loot wasn't where it was promised was a hard pill to swallow, and Khanna wasn't even sure he believed it. Though Tomcat had never back stabbed him before, one could never be too cautious. After all, these men weren't dogs, and cats always looked out for themselves. He couldn't help but be suspicious that Tom might be up to something of his own.

"You aiming to head back towards Cerenis this night? Or do you intend to keep your boat dry of loot and money?"

Wicked Basket

If Tomcat hadn't been so used to Khanna's sudden intrusions into his affairs he would have jumped out of his skin, but he instead remained calm and spun on his heel to face his boss.

"It's getting a bit late to head back tonight," Tomcat said. "Besides, it ain't sensible to go swaggering off to Cerenis all drunk. Surely you want to enjoy my company a bit longer."

visualspice

Khanna's eyes narrowed as he crossed his arms over his chest.
"Not really, but it seems you've already got yourself a night's company."

Wicked Basket

"I do indeed," Tomcat replied. "But ye are interrupting."

Tomcat sauntered forward and put his arm around Khanna and spoke softly so only he would hear.

"Look. You're a hard workin' lad. There's plenty of fine young ladies inside. Why don't ye go pick one up and enjoy yourself for just one night.?"

Rhindeer

Nelly blew out a frustrated sigh that made her bangs flutter. Khanna was totally cockblocking her there! But considering Khanna had pulled a knife on her earlier, and she had no doubt she was still in the dog house (which was no place for a cat to be, if they didn't want to come out shredded!), she decided now was maybe the time to make herself scarce as she backed away from the two slowly.

visualspice

Khanna cut a sharp look at Tomcat and shoved his arm off of him
"This is a celebration. Enjoy it as you will, and I will do the same. But I still expect you to get back to your ship come morning. You're no use to me on land."

Wicked Basket

"Now that's just hurtful," Tomcat replied.

He then looked over his shoulder to see Nelly backing away.

"Hey, wait! Don't go. We're just having a little discussion. We can resume as soon as I'm, don't worry."

Tomcat then gave Nelly a wink before turning back to Khanna.

"Go enjoy yourself then, because right now your interfering with my enjoyment."