Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Gemini Crickets [M]

Started by visualspice, April 14, 2015, 06:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Krah cocked his head to one side, looking more cocky than perplexed. But the story wasn't something that necessarily surprised him, and he seemed both immune to the fear of his patron, the anger of his sea companion, and the fact so many people were dead for just one small object.

"Hey, money is money. It breeds power. And to have something so rare...." And here he turned to study Cass. "What are you implying we do? You should know I can't let us... simply toss it over board. And sirens.." he gave a dark chuckle. "I'm immune enough to their charms. But..."

And here, he sighed and turned to the lord. "One can not cash in a prize if one is dead." And he hated that clause above all else. "Perhaps as the only mordecai here, I should keep it in my possession."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

TreeFolk

Cassia pursed her lips, glaring. He was right... She could use some money. Perhaps she could hire a crew to help her track down a way to remove her curse. Begrudgingly she responded, after taking another swig from the bottle of rum. "Whatever the case, should we live, you'd best line the pockets of this lad and I here. You owe us that much."

She honestly didn't usually drink as much as she was currently imbibing, but she thought the occasion deemed it necessary. Slurring her words slightly, she added, gesturing a tad drunkenly with the bottle. "Not sure how you think being 'immyuuuune to their charms' is gonna keep you from being eaten alive." She lugged her bum leg over the benches as she made her way to the stern of the boat. "Sirens are NAAAAsty creatures. And there's muuch nastier out there."

She again drunkenly gestured to the ocean with the bottle, plopping down on the bench at the back. Dipping her hand into the water, she closed her eyes, swaying as the drink warmed her. "Mmm, seems there's a touch of land. I think I can get us there. Island hopping'll be our best bet to make it to port alive." This time she didn't give a warning before she rocketed the skiff off, keeping her eyes closed, her forehead wrinkled with the effort, a grim set about her mouth.

When they were within site of the small island, her magic spluttered out. She was good and drunk by this point, and so stood up, swaying with the waves as they moved the boat. Looking towards the mordecai, she gave him humorless grin. "Care for a swim? We gotta pull 'er to shore."

She was quite past caring at this point. She was far too drunk, and their situation was far too laughable as far as survivability was concerned. Standing up, she stripped her boots off, followed by her torn and bloodied breeches. Beneath she wore skin tight black shorts that reached mid-thigh, her thighs as well-muscled as her calves. Next she pulled the damp large blouse over her head, tossing it onto the floor of the boat. Stepping lithely onto the rim of the boat, she nimbly balanced as the boat tipped a bit in her direction, removing the chest binding. This left her in a functional, supportive brassiere type top. "Hard to breath in that thing."

That was all the explanation she gave before balancing along the lip of the boat to the bow, grabbing the rope attached and tying it around her trim waist. She tossed the other rope at the mordecai before coiling her own excess rope, seamlessly diving into the water. Coming back up at the full extension of the rope, she turned to face the boat, her black hair already an inch longer than it had been. "Come on, before we get any sea beasts munching on us."

visualspice

The ship sinking was unexpected.
The lord having some magical, rare cursed item was also unexpected.
But the biggest surprise was what he was oogling now, as his dark brown eyes took in her body, now fully exposed in all of its glory. Were he a better man, he'd bite his fist to keep from saying something like a dog, but instead found himself saying, "Fucking damn.... where was all of that hiding?"

Cause he wanted it, and oh did he want it all
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

TreeFolk

By the time they reached footing, her blue-black hair was already touching mid-back, covering the tattoo on the back of her right shoulder blade. Standing at 5'8, many would have called the frame of Cassia's body to be near perfect, if she allowed her muscles to soften a bit. That is, also if she let herself be noticed as a woman, instead of a man. Because of this, she was far unaccustomed to recognizing the gazes of men, and so Krah's look went unnoticed.

Touching the vial at her neck to ensure it was there, she allowed her bare feet to touch the sand and stones. The solidness of land always disrupted her equilibrium, so as the anti-gravity like water lessened she felt herself stumbling quite a bit. The drink, to be fair, was also not helping with the stumbling.

Hauling the rope over her shoulder, she and the mordecai dragged the boat onto beach, the lord and the lad jumping out of it. Having a job to do helped her focus enough on the task at hand to prevent her from stumbling more. As soon as she tied her rope securely onto a tree (to keep the possible tidal affect from dragging it back into the ocean), she stumbled a few feet and fell onto the ground. Spreading out in the sand, she breathed heavily from the exertion.

On land she experienced the feeling of a rocking boat that most people experienced while actually in a boat. Again, she partially blamed the liquour, blood loss, exhaustion, what have you, too. She didn't have her land legs. And so she remained where she was, wet black hair spread out around her, dark blue eyes staring up at the sky as it darkened.

visualspice

In that moment, he was every ounce of man if he ever had been, muscles straining, pulling, dragging the skiff and its load from the sea. The sands were soft, offering poor footing beneath his now water logged boots, but any slip was easily fixed, and it hindered not their journey to land.

Now frothed over with sea foam and sweat, he tossed his shirt aside and gazed around the island for all of two seconds, its salty winds whipping through his hair, before he turned on heel to peer down at the long haired beauty sprawled out upon the sands.

If his lord spoke to him, Krah didn't respond, moving across the sands to where the woman lay. Standing nearly over her, his eyes took her in like a fine wine, admiring the way the waters made what was left of her clothing to suction to her like some sort of second skin. What he wouldn't give to be that clothing, so close to a woman's flesh yet claimed by his hands. But he knew it couldn't be long before he'd sample all she had to offer, as he moved to kneel beside her and pulled out what was left of the rum.

"Care for a drink, my lady?" he asked in a playful, but seductive sounding jest. After all, one couldn't be too drunk for a good fuck. In fact, from his knowledge, it normally brought out the most animalistic tendencies during a rut- and those were some of the most delicious boughts of sin he had ever had.

TreeFolk

Cassia sat up as he knelt, eyebrow lifted, suspicious at his sudden change in tone. Where had his fuck-everyone-but-me attitude gone? "Who in the fuck are you calling my lady?" She gave out a bark of a laugh, grabbed the bottle, took a swig of it, before clumsily shoving it back at him and struggling to her feet.

Standing for a moment, she decided that she most definitely did not have her land-legs. Cass looked him over, noting the swell of muscles across his bare chest, the broadness of his shoulders, the way his wet hair clung to his strong jaw. And thumped him on the back heartily. "Y' make a good work horse. That boat ain't all that light."

It was at that time that Egil, the young lad, approached. While he, too, was shocked to find their capable sailing master was a woman, he wasn't so shocked as to not notice the leering way the big man was looking at her. Still a greenhorn, he wasn't certain how he should behave in such a situation, so he reverted to how he'd behave if she were just a captain. Any captain, man or woman. It just so happened that making her remember her responsibilities would also cleanly navigate her away from the big man. "Cap, what should we do now? Nights comin' in."

Cass finally took a good look around the beach, and into the small pocket of trees on the island. While she could not tell it on land, in the water she'd been able to get the measure of the island, and knew that they could have easily walked across it in half an hour to the other side. "Right." She reached out, pulling the string at the top of the lad's shirt out, and using it to tie her hair back. "Commandeering this." 

She patted the vial at her neck rather dumbly, before turning towards the center of the island. "Best to get as far inland," she covered her mouth with the end of her fist, cheeks filling as she let out a burp, swallowed heavily, swayed, "Things like to crawl from the sea." She nodded her head towards the lord, who was clutching the chest in place of the mordecai, since the mordecai had spent his time swimming. "Not certain it'll keep their slimy fingers from that, but 's the best we got."

visualspice

He was about to explain to her the benefits of such a remark (of which he could show her right here on the beach if shelet him) but the lord stepped in."that sounds like a sound plan. Sea creatures wouldnt have the legs to follow us."

If the greenhorn was green, he'd hate to think what color the lord was, and simply stood there now on the sands while the man pointed back to him, "As the hired help, our contract still adheres. I suggest you keep watch first. And being the muscle, you can bring the rest of our cargo." Though there really wasn't much else aside from the.chest... But then Krah noticed a pile of wet clothing with a curl of his lips. Had the man brought spare clothes? Or was he just so fruity he wore layers?

TreeFolk

Cass looked to the lad again, "Egil, was it?" When the young boy, probably no older than 16, nodded, she continued. "You 'n the lordling go and find a spot for us to hole up for the night, and get a fire going. I'll secure the boat n' try to catch us something to eat."

She watched a moment as Egil and the lord stepped into the treeline, quite assured that they couldn't get into too much trouble on such a small island. Turning, she followed after the mordecai to the small boat. It came to her that she still had yet to learn his name, but calling him names seemed to suffice. Climbing into the boat, she picked up her own wet clothes, wringing them out and setting them out on a rock on the beach to dry. Returning to the boat, she took stock of what was left in the small compartment at the back of the boat. There was yet another bottle or two of rum, a cask of water, and a meager scattering of supplies.

There was also a grappling hook, two pronged spears, and a series of other useful tools. Grabbing the two spears, she tossed one at the mordecai. "Heads up!"

As she waded into the water, she called out at him. "Any good at spear fishing? I'll make it easy on you, call in the slow, dumb, fish for you to catch."

visualspice

Catching the spear, he gave her a smirk.
"Can't say I was a raised a fishermen, but weapons..." he tested the weight of the spear. "Give me a rock and I can be lethal." He winked to Cass. "Don't worry, I won't be needing any help."

Unless she were going to offer it later to help him extinguish his growing desires for her. And she was everything he savored the most- wild, beautiful, daring....
Something he wanted to tame. Something he wanted to claim.

Splashing into the waters, he peered down at the blue waters. There was just enough light he could see down to where small schools of fish were swimming. But they were hardly anything large enough to spear, let alone eat.

"So... where are all of the real fish anyway?"

TreeFolk

She glanced over her shoulder at him, looked back out to sea, and then looked back at him, as if appraising the situation. Her water magic was pretty much spent, but enchanting sea creatures with her voice was still at her disposal. But singing... Singing was so... Emasculating. She didn't much like embracing her feminine side, but she was also hungry. And she felt a responsibility to their small group, as she was captain for all intents and purposes. "Perhaps I should have given you a rock? That'd be amusing."

Releasing a sharp breath, she gave him a reticent smirk. "Just you wait." Turning away, she closed her eyes and, as low and quiet as she could (perhaps he wouldn't hear her?), she began to hum. She hummed as short a verse as possible, but it was enough that by the time she opened her eyes, there was a school of decently sized cod bumping against her calves. The feeling was always thrilling, their slick, firm bodies jostling her feet, which were firmly planted in the sand and mud. Taking the spear in hand, she speared one, two, and three fish, gripping her hands into their gills and tossing them into the boat one after another.

Hoisting herself into the boat by her arms, she strung the fish together and sat on the lip of the boat, feet trailing in the cool water. The coldness of the water didn't bother her, but she wondered briefly if he was cold. If he was, he didn't show it. She waited patiently for him to bring the fish, ready to hold out the line for him to string his fish onto. Her own fish were about 14 pounds a piece each, an average size for the fish. Her eyes watched the glittering of their scales as the school turned around, beginning to head back out to ocean and into the sunset. She glanced down at the stitching on her leg, and while it was red and irritated from the sand, she found it closing up nicely with the help of the healing nature of the ocean waters (well, healing for her body, at least).

visualspice

Despite not a man to genuinely smile (outside of a cocky grin), a bit of that slipped through at the sight of what her magic could produce. Naturally, after the magical moment of being impressed passed, he thought about how her magic might benefit him in other ways, as he continued to look down at the waters, spear in hand.

"You're really making this too easy!" he went on with a laugh. "I don't even need this!" And he carelessly threw it aside, and stood in a stance over the waters, eyes wild and waiting for just the perfect catch.

"I could catch these fish with my bare hands easily!"

Though he was eating those words pretty quickly as he lunged forward, but every single fish he was able to touch, slipped easily out of his grips. A wild set of splashing had the fish quickly scurrying as he growled and made chase.

"Well, we can't make it all lookas easy as you.." he went on, eyeing the prizes she caught and growing more determined to one up her. After all, out doing others to make them realize he position above them in well, everything, was something he seemed to aim for in everything he did.

So he continued, despite his luck waning, but the second he noticed some darker waters, and what appeared to be something even larger he let out a furious roar and dove clean at it-
and was successful in yanking a large fish, that had to be the size of a small labrador retriever, that was wriggling and biting angerily in his grip.

And as he gave a victorious roar at his great accomplishment- the fish, whihc was actually a shark, wriggled so wildly it was able to get it's head around and chomped clean into Krah's bicep. And the howl and anger that soon followed would rival the fires of hell.

Fist after fist continued to pummel the young shark's face until the waters were bubbling with blood. It was hard to tell just who might be winning, but when a sickening crunch was heard, Krah slammed the dead shark onto the boat- the skiff rocking at the weight of the gnarled, and now very dead, fish. And as Krah stood over the side, his body still in the ocean as he panted to catch his breath, he couldn't help but grin, despite all the blood tha twas gushing from his own arm.

"See... there. Told ya... piece of cake."
But the blood loss, or perhaps, just clumsy footing, had his next step (which he was hoping to get into the boat) be his last, as he wasn't even able to yelp as he was suddenly sucked under the ocean waves.

TreeFolk

Cass laughed when he claimed he could catch them bare-handed. "Could you now?" She challenged, and her amusement grew as she watched him clumsily slosh around in the waves, hopelessly chasing the fish around in the waters. Had this man never touched a fish in his life? Did he not know how slick their bodies, how strong their muscles?

"That's because not everybody is as skilled as I am!" She yelled out, a devilish glint in her eyes at the hilarity of watching him lurch and dive for fish. There was nothing funnier than watching a normally confident, powerful, man struggling to keep his feet about him in the water. The way he moved in the  water was the same as the way he moved on land.  She never understood why people didn't understand that walking in water was much, much different from walking about on land. She certainly noticed.

But then she saw the gray dorsal fin of a shark pop out of the water, watched the violent thrashing out it as it, too, pursued fish. And then she watched Kraw turn towards the direction of the shark. Surely he wasn't going to... But he barreled forward, and she slid down off the skiff, standing waist deep in the water. "Oy! You don't want that! It's a..." Too late. He was lunging, and the shark was retaliating, sinking its many rows of teeth into the man's bicep.

And then she watched something she had never before seen in her life, nor never had even dreamed of seeing. The brute of a man was trying to beat the thing to death! Moving to grab her dagger from one of the benches in the skiff, she thought to go to his aid, but was halted by the sickening crunch of the shark's skull. An appreciative laugh escaped her throat as he moved towards the boat, shark in tow. "Dear gods man, that was the stupidest way to kill a shark than I've ever seen!"

As he tossed the shark into the hull of the boat, she turned to haul herself back in so that she could bleed the thing before the meat spoiled. But then the big man was sucked beneath the waters by a bit of undertow, and she quickly recalled the amount of blood that had been gushing from his arm. Cursing, she turned and dove beneath the waves, hooking her arm beneath his armpit and pushing him back up to the surface. Getting her legs about her again, she used a bit of water magic and her own strength to hoist him over the side of the skiff and in. Hauling herself in, she had a good look at him, but instead of maintaining mood for the gravity of the situation, she burst out laughing.

On his face was suctioned an octopus, who had promptly released its ink onto him. Tangled around his massive frame were strings of kelp. Howling with laughter, she sat down heavily onto the bench of the boat, slapping her knee heartily, pointing at him. Slowing her laughter to chuckles, she wiped tears from her eyes, "Who fuckin' kills a shark with his bare hands, then gets sucked under by a baby wave like that?!" She snorted, grabbing a bucket and dipping it into the water, before reaching forward and peeling the squid off his face. Dropping the creature into the bucket, she continued to laugh, pulling her dagger out to try and bleed the shark. Shouldering it, she held its neck over, slitting it efficiently. The blood poured into the sea as she continued to laugh. "A shark!"

visualspice

Krah's head was swimming as he puked out water. He looked and felt like shit, and after having a squid attached to his face, that just added insult to injury. However, as much as he guarded his pride and kept himself well inflate, his head was swimming and he was in no mind to retaliate to the laugh as he ought to.

"Yeah, well.." he grunted as he took a seat, one hand gripping his wound to apply pressure, trying to help clot the wound the best he could. "I'm not exactly your average man."
And he drew in a snort of a breath, gurgling up some flem before spitting it out along with some unsavory ink that had seeped into his mouth.

"But you can add that to your text books... that Krah Mordeth killed a fucking shark with his bare hands." And as he sat there and swayed, his head titled quesitonably to one side.

"Funny... how the island looks like its spinning."
And before he could say anything else, his vision turned white and he fell forward, face first ontot he bottom of the skiff.

TreeFolk

Cass knew the look of a man about to faint. Surprising, now that she thought about it, how incredible it was that he was still conscious after she'd pulled him from the ocean. Well, she couldn't be blamed for her reaction. She was, after all, still fairly drunk, and alcohol was not something that made her overly sensitive to the needs of others.

She watched him fall face first, face a pallid shade of gray. "Well, shit." She dropped the shark back into the boat. There was a lot of blood in the boat, and callous as she was feeling, all she could think about was the work it'd take to get the blood out of the boat. They certainly didn't want to travel back out to sea, with a boat reeking of blood! One, the flies would be horrid. Two, it'd attract less favorable things than flies. She grumbled. "Stupid fucking shark." The meat would spoil if not cooked soon, and seeing as she should probably give the unconscious man priority, it was going to spoil.

Maneuvering her way into the space between the benches where Krah had fallen, Cass lugged him into an upright position so his back was against a bench and his face was no longer in the water at the bottom of the skiff. Climbing quickly back to the bow of the boat, she grabbed onto the rope that was attached to the tree on the beach. Pulling on the rope, she hauled them into land, hand over hand, muscles straining but accustomed to the effort.

Once into land, she hopped off, put a temporary knot in the rope to keep the boat close, and then returned to the skiff. She stared at the unconscious man, debating her next move. As much as the wound needed tending, she needed to get him onshore and away from the ocean. The amount of blood at this time of night, and as isolated as the island was, they were likely to attract unwanted attention from sea-creatures that could traverse land. The lord was foolish to think he was safe. Hadn't he heard stories told about men stumbling upon islands, whereby beautiful sea maidens kept them enchanted until they were old and infirm?

He looked heavy. That was her first thought. A man of his height and size, with that amount of muscle, was not going to be light. "Damnit." She groaned to herself, before climbing back into the skiff. Looping his limp arms over her shoulders, she tried to imagine that she was moving cargo. She was strong. Grunting, she stood, but his legs were too long  making it all the more awkward. She wasn't a woman of small stature, either!

Breathing heavily, the stitching on her leg pulling uncomfortably tight, she carried him to the bow of the boat. Propping him up, she stepped out of the boat and onto the sands, before hauling him over the side. Hunching her back to try and keep his legs from tangling with hers, she carried him over to a rock, depositing him on the side facing away from the ocean. Leaving him, she returned to the skiff and grabbed one of the bottles of rum, the other grabbing the small bag of medical supplies.

Kneeling next to him, she looked at his face, still unconscious, before pouring rum over the wound. If that didn't wake him, her quick, and not-so-gentle work of stitching up the nasty shark bite, would wake him. As she stitched, she pulled a few shark teeth from his skin. Her technique in stitching was meant for the masts of ships, not the delicate skin of men, but it would do.

visualspice

Rum and a stitch did more than itch and hurt like a bitch, so when Krah came around with a wolfish snap of pain, instincts kicked in and he threw a punched, socking Cass hard across the face with a yowled, "FUCK!!!!!!!!!!"

TreeFolk

If she expected anything, it wasn't that when he came to that he was going to punch her. The hit knocked her back, the needle tearing from his skin mid-stitch. Cursing up a storm, she scrambled back up, her left eye already swelling shut. Instead of even acknowledging the hit to her face, she was in favor of moving to punch him back. Just as she pulled her fist back, winding up to swing at him, she cursed again. "Fucking damnit... Ungrateful piece of shit." No use punching an injured dog who had lashed out.

She shoved herself up to her feet, nose scrunched as she struggled to deny the urge to punch him. Instead, she leaned over him and grabbed her now-dryish clothes, Shoving the loose shirt over her head and yanking the pants on angrily. But one look at his still ink-splattered face, she couldn't help but smirk a bit. "Fucking pull yourself together, man. You faint like a woman." Yup, she couldn't see out of her right eye, alright. Kneeling back next to him, she grabbed the dangling needle. "Now, d'you need something to bite on while I finish this up, little lady? Or you think you can manage?"

visualspice

Krah cocked his head, face twisting at her words. They were like mosquitoes flying about his head, annoying, and he moved a hand as if to swat the words away. But as his vision was becoming more focused on her, and he saw her eye swelling, he gave her a dark smirk.

"Careful what you say there, doll. I have no qualms giving you a second shiner."
And it was only then he realized the stinging pain on his arm as he looked down at where his flesh remained torn open, exposing muscle with a limp hanging needle and thread hanging off to the side.

He sneered at it and moved to rest the arm across his lap, careful not to wince too much, but it hurt like hell to move it. The shark had bit into him right good.

He examined the injured arm while cradling it lightly in the other before contemplating stitching it himself. Except the hand used to stitch was hardly his dominant hand, and the wound curved around his arm at an awkward angle that was better accessed by a second pair of eyes.

"No, I don't need something to fuckin' bite on. But some more of that rum might be nice." And he paused to consider just then-
"Hey.. where's my shark?"
Like hell he'd let that sort of prize go to waste.

TreeFolk

She gave him a look when he called her 'doll'. If there was anything she was not, it was doll-like. Looking back to his wound, she corrected him, "My name's Cass. Well, Cassia. And I have no qualms tossing your sorry ass back into the sea for sharks, bigger than that baby you caught, to eat you." She didn't expect him to care about her name, but it gave her more of a right later-on to act out against him. At the moment, though she couldn't have reprimanded him. What else was he supposed to call her?

Grabbing the rum bottle she'd used to clean the wound, she shoved it at his chest for him to grab. Pinching the needle between her thumb and forefinger, she knew she'd have to be more delicate now that he was awake. Talking while she carefully stitched the wound together, she made sure to stitch the crooked bite well. "It's in the boat. I bled it for you, so the meat wouldn't spoil. But seeing as your fainting distracted me halfway through, I'm not too sure it'll still be good."

She tied and bit off one end of the string, before starting on the next section of the bite caused from the shark's second row of teeth. "Y'know, you're lucky. Most sharks'll bite off chunks of a man." A wry grin broke onto her face, laughter in her voice, "But I don't he was ever punched in his life."

She finished up the second set of stitching before tying and biting off the end of the string. She took his arm in her hands and turned it, inspecting the wound, but there were only a scattering of puncture marks left. Those she couldn't stitch up, they'd have to heal on her own. Letting go of his arm, she nodded to herself in satisfaction. She fished out the shark teeth she had pulled out of him, and placed them on his thigh. "Souvenirs..." A smirk, before pushing herself to her feet. Extending her hand to him, "Alright there, Shark Bait, as much as I'd love to carry your massive ass back to camp, I'd prefer it if you could handle that yourself. I'll manage with our catch, if you can carry the rum."

visualspice

"You trust me with such a noble task," came his smart reply as his eyes danced over her body. He had enough time to rest off the lightheadedness from his loss of blood, but he still felt the funny after effects of it. Nothing sleep and rum couldn't fix.

He took a swig.
"Sure you won't need a hand?"

TreeFolk

Cass walked to the side of the boat, hauling out the carcass of the shark, and making quick work of gutting it, tossing the innards into the ocean where she could just barely make out the fish and sharks fighting over the meat. Stringing a rope through the shark's gills, she slung it over her back. Looking into the bucket, she frowned... Her squid had up and crawled away! Shrugging, she looped her own string of fish around her shoulder, letting them dangle at her side. "I think I'll manage. I managed to carry you, didn't I?"

She walked passed him, though she felt a bit land-sick. The stability of the ground was making her feel a bit nauseous, but she wouldn't have him knowing that. As they walked further from the sea, the vial at her throat grew heavier and heavier against her chest. She knew she was testing the boundaries of its magic, more than she had in a good long time. Usually the furthest she got from the boat was the fish warf to sell their stock.

The smell of a campfire led them into a little hollow in the woods, where Egil rushed to help her with the catch. Egil's eyebrows quirked up as she dropped the shark onto the ground, and then looked to Krah. Cass didn't take the prime opportunity to humiliate Krah, instead sitting herself down on the soft ground, leaning her back against the trunk of a tree. "I suspect the shark meat to be soured, but you can try it anyways." She reached forward and skewered one of the fish he had gutted, letting it rest on the fire. Her mouth watered, turning the fish over so it would cook evenly.

Tags: